The review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 20% approval rating, with an average rating of 4...

>The review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 20% approval rating, with an average rating of 4.57/10 based on 41 critic reviews.
>Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 36 out of 100, based on 21 reviews, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews"
>Rotten Tomatoes' 19% approval rating from professional critics to the 91% viewer approval ratin

So do I like it or not? I feel like the media don't want me to like it, but the people want me to like it. And I'm a person of the people, but I consume media, so I'm really confused what I should think.

Is people solely basing their opinions on others a product of the internet age or has it always been like this? Because in my expierence it's mostly people that spend all day on the internet that do this

If you like TV sci-fi it is pretty hard to dislike it

It was far better than I thought it was going to be

People like trash. Family Guy is shit but it's successful. I've never liked anything Seth MacFarlane made, but it doesn't surprise me that this is popular.

the show does nothing new but it uses editing techniques not used in sci-fi shows since the late 90's/early 00's so it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I watch it.

>So do I like it or not? I feel like the media don't want me to like it, but the people want me to like it. And I'm a person of the people, but I consume media, so I'm really confused what I should think.
listening to TV/movie critics

These guys are done, nobody cares about them other than SJW rags like NYT and.

Listen to the people, Orville good, Star trek STD bad.

nuff said

It's a pretty good show. Nothing groundbreaking or anything but it's exactly what you expect done as well as it could be. Star Trek as a sitcom. It works pretty well.

it's very fucking light on intelligence.
definition of meaningless trash

I have a radical idea. Watch it yourself and form your own opinion.

There's a lot to nitpick but I was able to suspend my disbelief and really felt absorbed and engaged in the Orville universe. It's way better than STD.

My main complaint was the "pop culture asides" that end up going on way too long.

It's not like Fox has anything going for it besides Empire so hopefully the show lasts for a long time.

Yeah you need to watch STD if you're a true woke intellectual
>you'll die from radiation poisoning in 20 seconds if you go out there
>that's ok, I only need 19 seconds
>it's a tardigrade, let me explain for 7 hours what a tardigrade is because it's not the most common genetic enhancement trope in media history

Have you seen The Critic? That’s how respected critics were until social media.

It's a decent but nothing special show. Nothing to get excited about, but no reason not to give it a watch either.

By the end of the season I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2.

>you'll die from radiation poisoning in 20 seconds if you go out there
>that's ok, I only need 19 seconds
Seriously? That's almost as funny as the radiation in the recent Godzilla movie.

>Bryan Cranston is at Fukushima wearing a gas mask
>he takes it off
>takes a deep breath
>"There's no radiation here!"
It's almost like whoever wrote it thought radiation causes you to suffocate, or like you can smell it or something.

It’s part of the new Virgin Critic Rage vs Chad Viewer Kino.

Chads love it, along with Bright.

Moby Dick was considered shit while the author was alive just because it got bad reviews when it was released

It's bad and boring and stupid and unfunny.

The Media can suck a dick Tv shows stay on because people watch them so as long as the ratings are acceptable and the show gets advertisement it will stay on.

You don't understandhow rotten tomatoes works

The captain is a white guy, then his xo is a white chick. SO the main characters are a white guy and a white chick

of course the critics would kill it

look at Star Trek Discovery
82% of critics liked it, 56% of viewers liked it Main character a black chick. It's not very good

Now last jedi Critics loved it. Multi cultural cast where whitemen are evil, or weak.
Critics loved it, audiences hated it
Black panther
Critics loved it, Audiences are neutral right now
Justice league, main character are white
40% critics hated it, 76% fans liked it

Rotten Tomatoes is full ofessentially Anti White Male critics. The worst you show white males the better your score is as a movie.

Seriously actually look at the scores.

this

I'm watching Majority Rule right now and it's fucking awesome. The premise probably got stolen from a shortstory or whatever but I love this episode.

/thread

Not to be a Paulie Person but listen to the general audience . It's solid light hearted 90s style entertainment

>The captain is a white guy, then his xo is a white chick. SO the main characters are a white guy and a white chick
>of course the critics would kill it

I guess Stephen Amell is black now. And I guess Green Arrow is marvel now, since critics are biased against DC.

Or. What isn't Disney gets hit by RT. Now that Disney owns Fox, expect S2 of Orville to be praised with every review saying "they really improved over season 1" when it'll just be more of the same. Which I wouldnt mind. Alot of great ST episodes out there to retell.

Tv show ratings on RT are insane. How many shows have 100% on them?

>what I should think
That is hot garbage, a total abortion and a pointless vanity project for a fake toothed moron who gets off on toilet humour.

I like TV sci-fi and I hated it, I guess I'm just good.

>Star trek STD bad
Yes
>Orville good
No

Because there are only 13 reviews. Reviewers don't watch every tv show, only tv shows where they will get a lot of clicks on their articles. Seth McFarlane is a (kinda) big deal and they will get a lot of clicks hating on him.

>>Star trek STD bad

Stupid and annoying much?

I'm not defending STD you fucking clown.
I'm trashing Orville.
Are you defending Orville?

Orville is kind of like TFA. An almost blatant copy of something else, but easy to enjoy if you enjoyed the original and give the copy a chance.

yeah, maybe they (reviews and millions of millions people) are all wrong. Or you are wrong

t.CBS

I really like it.

Can't wait for the next season.

Ok pal. I hated it, I thought it was dogshit, I thought the characters were shit, I thought the set design and ship design were shit, I thought I was deeply boring, I hope that nigger actress has a stroke before they start filming the next series. I thought that fat ginger was a ridiculous character, I thought it is hands down the worst Trek by a really long way.

I don't give a fuck how many soy addled fuckwits and Tumblrinas thought it was great or how many (((critics))) got down on their already bruised knees and sucked this AIDS riddled faggot of a show's herpes scabbed dick.

I liked it when that mincing fag doctor got his neck broke, maybe that's what every body enjoyed about it.

Seth McFarlane is a progressive but he's a bad progressive because he does criticize the Left too

>do I like it or not?
First episode is comfy, next three are too political/stupid, I dropped that shit just after that, could be great but fail, I hate Seth

S A M E
A
M
E

The Orville isn't perfect (too much shoehorned humor for my taste), but it's still very entertaining, and as comfy as TNG. As a lifelong Trek fan, I'm really happy that it exists as an alternative to STD. Despite its high production values, STD is joyless trash featuring shitty, unlikable characters

lol, nice lack of an argument

>I really like it

That's not a point that needs arguing you fucking clown.

That's nice sweetie. Now go play in another thread.

Not an argument

meant for

They are both me anyway nigger faggot

RT.com lost credibility a long time ago sadly

The first few episodes were terrible in STD like that. Why hype up danger if they've got anti-radiation tech to reverse the damage. Why use a live human if the danger was ever present. They didn't redeem her in my eyes in S1, if they wanted us to like her, they never should have done the pilot they way the did. Not to say that you can't have a MC you hate, but it makes it easier to watching if you're not chanting 'please just die'.