Jumanji has breached the $900 million threshold and is STILL GOING in the wake of Black Panther...

Jumanji has breached the $900 million threshold and is STILL GOING in the wake of Black Panther. Where does the ride end? It's only a few hundred million away from TLJ and has BTFO every capeflick of 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pURJDToKA0k
youtu.be/w5txEiXYyxA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Absolutely fucking based.

Dwayne Johnson movies are more cancerous then any capeshit ever made.

Jumanji was actually good. Better than the average capeflick and or modern Star Wars film.

Why is this movie so popular? It baffling. Is Jumanji really a strong enough franchise to sell this many tickets? Is it actually that good? What the hell.

Even adjusted for inflation it has completely decimated the original Jumanji and probably would have done far better had it not been for Disney's underhanded tactics.

The movie had extremely positive word of mouth. It played on 90s nostalgia but wasn't malevolent and had enough of a unique concept (adapting the board game to a video game) to avoid feeling like a cheap sequel. You can also tell the people who made it had fun while they were doing it rather than being sterile focus-grouped garbage. The humor was kid-friendly with quick little jokes to entertain adults without being offensive for families.

Also, the feel-good ending was extremely taut. It feels like a natural conclusion to the story, but walks the fine line between being cheesy and giving you that warm fuzzy feeling about life in general.

The excellent casting had a good cross-section of B+ list stars that brings value to niche audiences who like The Rock, Kevin Hart, and even Doctor Who fans who like Karen Gillian.

Add all that up and have it open the same time as the depressing shitfest that was the Last Jedi (the malevolent take that does violence to nostagalia and shits all over fans), and it's easy to see why audiences liked it.

Should I actually go watch this? Looked like capeshit-tier quipfest garbage from the trailer.

The irony of course is that Disney chose the wrong movie to play hardball at the worst time. If I were a movie theater chain, I'd be paying a lobbyist to sink the Disney-Fox merger on anti-trust grounds and point to their latest demands as anti-competitive practices.

Once Solo flops a lot more theaters are going to tell Disney to fuck off the next time they try to pull that.

Jumanji has probably made more money then TLJ if you take the budget and marketing into account. Jumanji's budget was 90 million, where TLJ was probably around 250, and they also spent shit ton of money on marketing.

Plenty of quips but it actually feels genuine compared to capeshit. Definitely worth seeing in the dollar theaters

it's literally the only blockbuster which isn't comic superhero based right now
many +40YO people are bored of comic superhero overload, mostly of their audience are teenagers. Jumajni hits right spot into people who were teenagers when 1st one got released.

Basically people spitting in the face of Disney's heavily marketed, over-polished, focus-group political bullshit. Plus it as a good, fun movie.

>Once Solo flops a lot more theaters are going to tell Disney to fuck off the next time they try to pull that.
Disney still has the MCU card to play and that ship shows no signs of sinking just yet. They could use the MCU to prop up future Star Wars releases. But between what looks like the a disaster (Solo) and Abram spitting in the face of those unhappy with TLJ, Star Wars' days are numbered.

It's going to be a cult classic just like Fifth Element.

mfw Jumanji can't drop like a regular movie any weekend and already made 10x its budget back despite having to compete with screens hogging Disney Wars, and Hype Panther

How many people were furtively masturbating to a six-foot redhead in a skimpy outfit running around?

I know I will when the movie she wrote/directed comes out. She's in it and she's in a sex scene.

She's a bit too skinny for me especially in the full body shots, all legs and no curves.

She's 5'11, and not many people are spectrophiliacs

meh

>more cancerous then any capeshit ever made.
that's a bold statement

>cast Gillan Croft in the MCU
>make her unrecognizable ayy lmao

Just watched this masterpiece, stay mad racists you only hate this movies because it shows how african people would've been if whites didn't colonize them.

fuck dawg, thought i was posting a thread.

How will the sequel do? Sony wants Jumanji 3 to go head to head with Star Wars Episode IX.

It will not do as well because Sony always screws these things up, but I do like the cheekiness of competing with SW9.

>Nigger doesn't even know how to start a thread

Is the movie actually good? It looks so corny and I'm burnt out on the Rock being the same retard in every movie.

Fucking nailed it. Just to add, for me, it was the best comedy I've seen since Tropic Thunder, and somehow manages to pull it off with more grace.

He's a insecure, geeky Jewish kid in this one.

With the state Star Wars is in at the moment and will probably be in after Solo, even a lesser Jumanji movie should hold its own against Episode IX. Besides, what incentive do you have to go back to finish the story? All of the OT characters are dead, all of the new characters are half-baked, it's literally a retread of the original movies, Abrams has confirmed they will double down on what they've done so far, and The Last Jedi killed off all interesting directions to take the story unless you like the idea of a romance between Kylo Ren and Rey.

>shit movies always make it big
Ugh

Not me, but only through a supreme act of will. She's so fucking hot in this.

It's Jumanji or nothing

ONE B I L L I O N

I think Japan is the last major market for it to open. Assuming its well-received in Japan and keeps its legs elsewhere (depends on how Black Panther and Early Man fare in the coming weeks), there's a possibility it'll hit $1 billion.

On the one hand, Jumanji was genuinely, if surprisingly, a decent and fun film and deserves to get watched.

On the other hand, Jurassic World.

We're probably getting a OT sequel including those jet flying orangutans that were only mentioned here.

Will Rampage find similar success?

>when your film is so bad you inadvertently make another film one of the biggest successes of all time
The Sony movie execs are retarded, as clear from the leaked emails, but you know the retard that said “hurr durr lets go against Star Wars” is patting himself on the back right now.

Damn all this time I mistook the videogame being adapted for the dinosaur fighting game Primal Rage, until I just looked Rampage up.

i heard this movie was actually surprisingly good. what's Cred Forums's take on it?

>all these smelly disneylets hating this film because they got BTFO at their own game
lmaoing at everyone one of you

>No one I know wants to see it and treats it as a crime against the first one
I just wanna get litty, boys.

It's better than the first. Not to say Williams' version is bad, though it didn't particularly age well.

youtube.com/watch?v=pURJDToKA0k

Fan of the boom here, did a class project on it. And I may be in the minority but neither Jumanji movie is a worthy adaptation of the book. The book is magical yet subdued like a rainy day playing hookie and you hear monkeys in the kitchen. No, it's not Afro Americans stealing bread, it's literally monkeys. Suddenly you roll the di and a misty fog rolls from the bathroom, revealing a rain forest, with a tree from eyeing you, its webbed feet suctioned to the mirror. Just you and your brother and best friend exploring an exotic jungle. Moms gonna freak.png. These are the feels of Jumanji, not a black comedian in a dress or whatever, or Jack Black making a poot humor. Jumanji is about innocence and traditional adventure. If you haven't read the book, what are you doing. It's 30 pages and won insane awards.

Williams version had the worst CGI even when it came out, kids made fun of it. Only faggots, as in truly closet cases, liked it, or kids without dads who never saw real nature. Fair to say Williams' Jumanji is the definitive rose tinted nostalgia of this generation. Kinda creepy tbqh

Maybe the third film will be a more faithful adaptation.

>smelly disneylets

It's fun

Disney literally hired The Rock to star in a movie called Jungle Cruise. They will shit that movie out as quickly as possible for two reasons: 1.) To make a quick buck on the back of Jumanji 2.)Try and fatigue people on the idea of The Rock + Jungle setting before Jumanji 2 comes out.

Fuck Disney.

Yeah, less a 5% chance of that ever happening in this America now. Black Panther will influence every movie for years. I bet the next Jumanji is set in China, or Africa, or the inner city. It will have white colonisers as a subplot, like apartheid for animals. I don't think either movie should have tarnished the name Jumanji, and the author would be very displeased to see these abominations. Maybe Jumanji will be done right, and white, once my generation seizes power.

At this point Disney is blatantly sabotaging others and trying to monopolize the market. People still think this Fox deal is a good idea?

If they make The Rock a giant as well for the final fight, then yes it will

Damn is John Cho really 6'1"?

You have to be realistic though man very extremely few natural redheads have a big T&A because they are Irish. Maybe if they get super fat like Hendrix or Baird but not at this bodyfat which they casted intentionally because its a ripoff of nu-Lara Croft.

>The Rock to star in a movie called Jungle Cruise
He has no shame. He must select his projects by algorithm, dead serious.

Hendrix is a natural blonde anyway.

ethiopia is what a black country that isn't colonized looks like

wait

I just watched the trailer for the first time, it looks fucking bad. Pure normie core.

>m-muh jumanji
Its pathethic how you are trying to use that film as some sort of battle banner/trophy to make yourself feel better about the fact you and the rest of this pathethic board was wront about black panther.
Blacl Pantber will absolutely dominate the box office. Deal with it.

What? Was just using Black Panther as an example of how strong Jumanji's legs are. It has survived two major blockbusters over two months and is approaching $1 billion. IIRC there hasn't been a performance like this since Titanic over 20 years ago.

Fuck off.
Tv likes jumanji only because "it btfod kike wars XDDD"
And now faggots like you are making threada about it becayae you are butthurt over the fact that black panther didnt flop like you said it would.

im so fucking hyped for this ridekino

what are other ridekino films, other than the haunted mansion?

I have the one webm where shes naked and runs to the stove to check food. she literally has 0 ass

What if it was actually a good movie?

What makes this funny is, for all its hype Black Panther comes out and what happens? Jumanji doesn't give a fuck and has a weekend drop even smaller than some of its previous weekends.

Also you're right in that Jumanji is the first movie since Titanic that became #1 in February despite coming out all the way in December.

Fuck, marry, kill. In that order.

What the f*ck kind of UNMASCULINE trash did you just post, you little critic? I'll have you know that the FANS are LOVING Jumanji (tm), and there've been reports of numerous people pissing in theatres, and I have over 300 POSITIVE reviews. I am trained in acting and can bench more than the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me than just another critic. I will make you LAUGH the f*ck out with you pissing yourself the likes of which has never been seen before in theatres, mark my f*cking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, BRO. As we speak I am contacting Kevin Hart in central intelligence and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for some SUMMER FUN, dude. RAUNCHY R-RATED COMEDY that expels the contents from the pathetic little thing you call your bladder. You're f*cking boring, man. I can be on any television set, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my WWE Wrestling technique. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to all my FANS on Twitter and I will use it to its full extend to publicly shame you into watching Baywatch (tm), you little weakling. If only you could have known what uncool vibes your "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you could have held your f*cking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now YOU'RE WELCOME, you goddamn jabroni. I will get my FANS to piss laughter all over you and you will drown in it. You're f*cking gone, BRO

>The Rock
>Kevin Hart
>Jack Black
>Hot generic redhead

They've cracked the code to infinite money. The ride will NEVER end.

>does violence to nostagalia

The Brazilian tribals, the Sentinalese, Botswana, and Lesotho are what happens when whites didn't colonize them.

Asian countries were colonized and hugely benefitted from them like Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Phillippines. All greatly benefited from it to the point that even the population admits that.

What pisses off liberals and pro-blacks is the fact that colonization great benefitted a lot of countries that it outweighed the consequences. What they refuse to accept is that the natives themselves didn't take advantage of benefits white brought them and made it their own like the Asian colonies did.

What is even more taboo is what really drove Africa to shit: Islam and Communism. Some Asian countries had Islam but no communism. Some Asian countries had Communism but no Islam. Islam and Communism destroy cultures and identities.

If Wakanda was real it would have BEGGED for Colonization but had fought off Islam and Communism.

one billion easy

>currently at $910million
>just opened in peru so has its entire cinema life to go there and plenty of other countries
>its now holidays in alot of places and tomorrow (monday) is one of the last days off
>hasnt even opened in japan yet

litty

Me and my gf did a thing where she'd jack me off in my pants whenever Karen was on-screen and I'd finger her whenever The Rock was on-screen.

Agree. But that isn't confirmed, and iirc it was nonsarcastically a rumor started by Cred Forums. If Rock stays human in movie, only $130-150m US bozo office.

Crazy that Rock was almost cast against Ahnuld in T3. Now Ahnuld washes Rock's shorts. Ahnuld will never have another $200m hit ever. He's starring a goddamn Amazon Western series. Hit the snooze button, the Jews won, bucko.

How many Jumanji sequels will Rock make? I'm betting four. They will greatly expand the scope, by film three, it won't be jungle anymore. They could also have the game infant real world, like Matrix, to fuck up Jurassic World sequels. Truly the sky is the limit now. And Rock will retire Fast & Furious. Rampage isn't going to do so hot though.

Remember all of the Disney shills bragging about how Jumanji was a failure because it wasn't going to break a billion dollars?

>worthy adaptation of the book
>Whaaaa, it has a different tone, whaaaaaaaaaaa!

Good thing for you or it would have been "pruned or deleted" within half an hour.

Who /Raunchy/ here?

Seeking some RELEASE from numbing ANGUISH me and the boys rolled up to DAS KINOPLEX last night after a harrowing forty mile TREK through the frozen WRAITH-ZONE making it just as the ravenous TYRANT MOTHS began their pre-mating MANHUNT. The distant FOG-HORNS gradually being overtaken by the deadly, silken FLUTTERING of their sable WINGS.

The EMBERS of the last audience were dying down in the CREMATORIA, needless to say we had a good LAUGH in the PENIS INSPECTION line when my bro Skyler got DRAGGED OFF by the guards to serve a fifty year sentence in the POPCORN MINES for wearing a non-regulation FALCONER'S GLOVE. The SHOWERS were pumping that good-ol' ZYKLON-B that gets you extra loose for the RAUNCHY fun; trying to hold your BREATH is good practice for trying not to PISS yourself later.

My man ROBERT served us up some tasty and very litty CRAB LEGS with extra 'BUTTER', well worth the SEVEN HUNDRED and EIGHTY TWO dollars FIFTY for the TIP. Once we were INSIDE the film hadn't even STARTED before the first drips of PISS came out. An y'all just KNOW that nothing sets off the bloodlust of a TERROR-GHEIST like warm, 'buttery' PISS. Half the SQUAD was DRAGGED into the OUTER-DARKNESS before our BLADDERS were half-empty but even the keening shrieks of the ORPHANED ONES couldn't drown out this raucous COM-BOMB. When the GUARDS came to finish off the SURVIVORS I was able to ESCAPE by using the CORPSE of my bro JONNY D as a CANOE when the lake of PISS was drained down the sluice normally used for flushing blood and FLESH. I only had to wait THREE HOURS in the rank soup of run-off MEDICAL WASTE and avoid the TELEPATHIC SHARKS that make the sewers their HOME. It wasn’t so bad except for being driven MAD by the hungry WHISPERS of all the GHOSTS.

10/10 SUMMER FUN, would SEE again!

What I've heard is that expectations were really low, so it wasn't hard to exceed them. It was just an overall solid movie. It didn't really do anything spectacular or unique, but what it did, it did right without fucking up.

How long has it been out in China?

12th january 2018.

Nice there aren't any brakes on the litty train. Also I would rather have continuous 90s adventure movie inspired kinos like this instead of all the shit like star wars and the next cgi filled superhero shitfest.

Also it took the time to explain its video game concepts (3 lives, respawning, questing, etc.), which would keep older audiences engaged

>Also I would rather have continuous 90s adventure movie inspired kinos like this instead of all the shit like star wars and the next cgi filled superhero shitfest.
Disney is going to give it to your whether you like or not. It's about the only thing going for them when it comes to movies. If capeflicks and SW suddenly stopped selling, that would be a devastating blow to Disney. I don't Pixar is enough to keep them afloat.

Kek but I missed litty desu.

Remember when The Rock was a Cred Forums meme
youtu.be/w5txEiXYyxA

All of the actors, besides maybe Kevin Hart, actually got into their character. Felt like they were playing different people.

jumanju made 10x more money, i doubt tlj profits were more than 50 millions

lol people are defending this shit like atleast it's not Star Wars. Fucking idiots. This movie didn't even need to get remade in the first place.

No one is calling it a masterpiece. But it's better than the entire MCU and any Star Wars film made this century.