Never understood the hatred for this

Never understood the hatred for this

okay?

I can understand it when you compare it to the first one. It's still a good movie on its own.

>The filming of the alley scene was very troublesome for the filmmakers, due to it being filmed in a very rough neighborhood. The alley was littered with garbage, most of which was used in the film, and plagued with large rats. Local residents angered by the noise created by the film crew, would throw bottles and paper bags filled with feces from windows at the crew in the alley below. Worst of all, the film crew found a dead body hidden amongst the garbage.

Sounds like they filmed it in Haiti.

detroit

It's a good movie, but people really wanted to see Arnold again.

Originally Arnold was going to be in Pred2, he was supposed to play the part that later went to Gary Busey, but it would have been a much bigger part.

>Predator comes to NY
>Black cop tries to figure out whats going on
>Arnold shows up
>Arnold explains
>Arnold and cop try to catch Predator
>Arnold battles Predator
>Arnold wins and escapes with black cop
>Now what? the black cop asks.
>They'll be back.. says Arnold.

But Arnold decided to do T2 instead, and the guys doing P2 decided to move forward without Arnold.
And that is where the problem lies, people know that if they had waited Arnold could have done both.
So yeah, Predator 2 was a good movie, but people really wanted to see Arnold again.

I'd like the movie less if he were in it. I like that only the monster is carried over in between movies, a new cast is more interesting.

KINO lost forever

>JVC

Remember in the 80s and 90s when you went to an electronic store and there were 20 different off-brands of every item (vcr, camcorder, tv, etc) lined along the walls and the whole place smelled like semi-burnt plastic from the molding process, and you would go play the nintendo / sega demo machine while your dad looked around at cool shit?

I have autism-tier nostalgia :(

Not really.
>Arnold Schwarzenegger said no to Predator 2 (1990), because he didn't like the new director, or the new script.

i like P2 a lot. feels very different from the first.

still the first one had arnold and a crazy charismatic cast so i understand why P2 gets outshined

Wait... Invisbile and invincble aren't the same word? whats the difference? non-engilsih speaker here

Are you joking? Get a dictionary.

can't be seen and can't be harmed.

It's weird because as a kid, I had no idea P2 was disliked. And I'm still not sure it is. It's lesser known. I don't believe it flopped, just underperformed. And I was stoked when Danny Glover was revealed as the lead. It was unexpected back then, but made sense, he was in all the Lethal Weapons after all, and deserved his shot. Glover was an Everyman Actor, the opposite of Arnold, and that contrast felt fresh. Is there another franchise that has cast leads that are so opposite in every way? It added new stakes and dynamics. And I liked how Arnold and Glover didn't know each other, because they wouldn't irl.

But P2 did go overboard on the Smash TV dystopia aesthetics, that was a little shocking upon revisiting, as a kid it just felt like the "urban" Predator, but the tone is much more like exploitation, that steroids vibe, thanks to Busey amping it up. Similar to Robocop 2 IMO. The biggest memory was the ending, the skull trophy case, kids talked about what it meant for years. And we thought we'd get a Western Predator Prequel due to the gun Glover is gifted. What a comfy time. I bet P2 killed it on home video, too. Seriously, who hasn't seen this movie?

I miss Radio Shack
>tfw preordered Halo 2 there

It's league above Predators or Avp movies. Original feel is mostly gone. But there is still something there.

It's decent but is locked behind too much 90's cheese that's not as effective as 80's testosterone cheese that was original

>hatred
no one hates it. It's just mediocre.

A predator in a modern urban setting, especially with the right protag, would've been awesome, but hard to pull off. They could've done worse with P2

The Alien 3 of Predator movies. Predators is the Alien:Resurrcetion of Predator movies. Will The Predator be the Prometheus of Predator movies?

Didnt like the script? Like he has not made much much worse movies

mfw you've never read the graphic novel Predator:Concrete Jungle.

IIRC, he just hated the idea of taking it to the city.

He was a moron then