What are some films that depict the vastness of the ocean?

What are some films that depict the vastness of the ocean?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nZYCSguX3q0
youtube.com/watch?v=YhPdB5fxKA0
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxd4620YuFo
youtube.com/watch?v=Rz2SNm8VguE
youtu.be/sVZTZi1Q1wg
youtube.com/watch?v=jB3MrYJ_NFA
snapjudgment.org/where-no-one-should-go
youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
youtube.com/watch?v=u-01MccZBpg
youtube.com/watch?v=08dbTJYMQMc
youtube.com/watch?v=7ifAHwcjzz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

look at this chad tryna fuck a ship

Film is absolute diver KINO

youtu.be/nZYCSguX3q0

Cameron is obsessed with the ocean

Namor movie from Cameron that makes WB shred all known copies of Aquaman when?

Problem Child 2

I saw it

>being anywhere near one of those fucking props
madman

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=YhPdB5fxKA0

Was he on the open ocean side looking for the arch?

ship is most likely docked

Waterworld

scary stuff

Deepstar Six
Is very underrated and unknown

very spooky

>when that chicks breathing apparatus fails deep in an under water cave

youtube.com/watch?v=Lxd4620YuFo

Dreamwork's Shark Tale

it's only 5.2/10 on IMDB

fuark it's nasally creepy voice dude

what a dumbass, hopefully he didn't breed before he committed involuntary suicide.

that's why is underrated and unknown

Jesus fucking christ that image sent chills down my spine. Fuck you OP

this

retard.

i'm a harvard professor

Unironically this

I dont get it. Divers wear a jacket that you can fill with air to generate updrift or balance out under water. How is he carrying the air tank without a jacket?

Are you trying to prove him right?

He tried but it malfunctioned or something. Still too heavy to rise for whatever reason

Waterworld

Not a good movie though

If you drop your lead belt, and the jacket you rise up. Even with a neoprene suit.

>t. Have 70 dives.

Disney's Atlantis unironically

Cred Forums here, try Subnautica, thank me later.

It's the true depiction of NaClH2Okino like nothing that's been done before in any medium.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz2SNm8VguE

*blocks your path*

shieeeet

Fuck this shit, devs are massive cucks.

Thanks but most people on Cred Forums are over 18

who am I kidding

Star Trek IV

What do you think happened? He was just dumb/disoriented?

what do you get when you mix underwater kino with space kino

Looks comfy

Saw it the other day. Good movie but the meat of it was just a poor man's version of The Thing. The aliens went from a mystery to just the justification to get a cheesy happy ending

perhaps.
Or he had equiptment failure. You let a buddy go over your stuff one last time just to make sure its in working order. Perhaps he forgot to open a valve and had no means of balancing. Or it was suicide.

It's comfy when you're in the shallows, but it can get legitimately scary as you venture deeper.

Imagine being in the absolute darkness at a mile deep, with nothing but roars coming from unspeakable horrors somewhere in the vastness ahead of you, not knowing where the fuck you're going except you're trying to avoid going towards where those roars are coming from, or even if you have enough oxygen to make it back.

I might check it out. Is it a demanding game? I only have a shitty laptop.

then you're not gonna play it, fuck off back to candy crush or whatever

Why?

Except the entire film is ruined by Sharon Stones incredibly bad performance.

Cousteau's documentary about living underwater

Its well known within diving circles that it was a likely suicide. Some of his friends commented that he had a dark self depreciating sense of humour and would saying things like didn't want to live anymore. They want to keep on the down low just because the video prevents morons from getting into diving.

not the user youre repling to but wtf are you autistic or something? lol what kinda reaction is that

you're exactly the user I replied to and your terrible attempt to hide your typing style doesn't work

youtu.be/sVZTZi1Q1wg
Almost drowned watching this

Play this OP

have some f u n

>ctrl f
>no the abyss

oh ok that settles it you're autistic
>cool i'll check it out
>REEEE THAT MEANS YOU WONT CHECK IT OUT GO BACK TO CANDY CRUSH YOU RETARD

I'm actually the guy you replied to, I'm not sure, but you can crank shit down to zero detail from what I know. Check the rec settings

Idiot.

Subnautica

youtube.com/watch?v=jB3MrYJ_NFA

I finished this last week after ~40 hours, pretty fun game if you ignore the social justice

The madman

What are some films with with this aesthetic?

wewlad

>caring about politics in vidya

I too remember being 17.

I've not played the game but how the fuck is there social justice in a game about exploring an ocean on a different planet?

>he doesn't cringe when he hears stuff like helmspeople instead of helmsmen

Good lord

My favorite

This pic is giving me Rusty Bucket Bay flashbacks

I have no idea of reading that map

Cave diving is the dumbest shit. You're almost guaranteed to die.

snapjudgment.org/where-no-one-should-go
>teenage goes diving in the deepest freshwater cave on earth.
>dies
>Expert cave diver goes to retrieve his body
>dies
>equipment is unreliable at best at certain depths
>if said equipment fails you're dead
>if you ascend too fast you're dead
>if you breathe too hard you're dead

let me break it down to ya

> no guns because of some school shooting that happened back then

game is actually better without them though, giving you a sense of helplessness against invincible mega lovecraftian horrors

>character looks like a 56%er

only in some trailer, ingame you never see the protag's face

>lesbian relationship of 2 people in your crew before they died from the crash landing

hot

It makes claims about gun violence in the game theres literally 5 seconds where you hear about it.

that and they canned their sound engineer for some tweet.

but besides that the game is 10/10

It says you can't kill things, but you can infact kill everything.

I mean, I wanted to read text logs that you find all over the game because LORE, but among the first ones I read was about how badass a woman was for taking on alien sharks on her own and she's literally being called amazing, and that's something not even you the player can do. That's just my experience though I wasn't out looking for it but I sure didn't bother reading logs afterwards.

The Sphere

youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Cheers m8

the only thing that irked me was the sound engineer getting fired over a tweet, only because this game has without a doubt the best sound design I've ever heard.

Finding Nemo for sure

He's right to be, there's answer to everything.

It actually cured my thalassophobia

I shit my pants every time I traveled further than my comfort zone (kelp zone and grassy plateaus), but after a while I learned to deal with it.

Fuck going north of the Aurora though, FUCK THAT.

loved this

bajutiful

It starts off well but turns to shit pretty quickly

what in the fuck

Seemed like that was going to be a thing for a while there, then nothing.
Cousteau just being mega-wealthy sort of kept this idea afloat while he was alive.
Then nobody picked up the reigns afterwards.

Damn, you nailed it. He totally flipped his shit.

Sharks have really shit eyes, they generally hunt using their other senses. Sharks sense something floating so they think it's a fresh carcass, so they run and take a bite to see what's what.

This is why the overly vast majority of people being bitten by a shark never get eaten, sharks don't like human flesh, so after it takes a bite for a taste it moves on.

That really has nothing to do with space though.

le creatura...

Its just a 100m deep sinkhole beside the open sea and part way down there is a tunnel that connects it to the sea.

The fuck is he doing?

Crashing this ship

Riding too close to a massive cargo ship, got pulled by the current before he could escape.

his goddamn headphones got stuck on the ship, are you blind?

They are getting smarter.

Reminds me of that movie Leviathan. Not the gay Russian oscar-bait but the documentary about a fishing trawler made entirely on GoPros.
youtube.com/watch?v=u-01MccZBpg

Was he intelligent and nihilistic tho?

Good guys sharkbros, leaving us humans alive and apologizing

Imagine being the dude that has to dive down to the bottom and retrieve these bodies. Its freaky enough without the corpses at the bottom.

His final words were Wubba Lubba Dub Dub. Most people think it's because he had water in his lungs and was drowning, but we intelligent Rick and Morty fans know that he was actually quoting Turgenev's epic Father's and Sons.

A lot of man vs nature movies get low ratings for some reason. Sanctum scared the shit out of me.

He was both Israeli and Russia, so yeah very much

Fuck retards like this. I used to work on board ships as an officer and dumbasses doing stuff like that would be extremely fucking stressful.

Also, the effect is called "interaction".

jesus fuck, do you have sauce on that?

Sharks haven't evolved in millenia, they are some of the apex, most perfectly evolved lifeforms on the planet, outside of bacteria and plantlife.

Sometimes nature creates freaks. Once upon a time there used to be a leviathan, 30 meter+ type of shark that evolved to be the apex sea predator, only to starve because his smaller and more agile siblings literally took his food out of his mouth.

>and dumbasses doing stuff like that would be extremely fucking stressful.
Why? Surely if a dumbass dies like that the large ship's crew can't be held accountable? Don't get stressed over retards.

this guy is fucking hardcore and enjoys living
I like him

A ship's crew is held responsible for fucking everything. If you hit a whale it's your fault. If a fishing boat gets really close and you hit it, it's your fault. If the ship that's refueling yours drops oil overboard it's your fault.

It's a shitty state of affairs.

who is he?

>One dev writes a whole sob story about not including guns(I think not including did make the game more challenging, but fuck their reasoning) because of Sandy Hook
>another of the devs made two tweets that the progressive found and could not stand for like a month ago, so the company fired him

Ah yes, the ontological fantasy that worlds and words having meaning. ME ME ME...

youtube.com/watch?v=08dbTJYMQMc

Narcosis? No one simply sinks like that.

What ships did you work on?

People like to have fun and most of us don't care about dumb ship workers

i was actually thinking this

definitely oceankino

Yep, that is good one.

They fired a sound designer for saying slightly mean things on the internet after some morons got super butthurt.

These videos just aren't the same in the daytime.

It makes me happy that you overcame your fears. Congratulations user, you did great.

Bulk carriers and oil tankers

Why is the water around him not turning yellow.

Even as a kayaker I am terrified of boaters, they will drink and fuck around barely paying attention to where they are going. Ive had too many near misses that I only like going out when its not busy now

Never-Ever!

I was watching it but then I looked it up halfway and the movie is RIFE with errors that apparently no veteran sailor would make.
I only looked it up because I got the sense that the movie was pulling some shit like that.
Redford even holds the speaker backwards at one point for the radio

How was/is it? Did you get to travel the world? I always wanted to go down that route as a kid.

I've done this, just straight coral diving in St. Thomas...but not in a boat area. But even this guy looked around a bit before surfacing, and even in full on SCUBA gear you can hear boats a mile away when near the surface so unless this is a full on sail-boat I dunno what the fuck is the problem.

some guy that didn't want to get put away under watery headstone

It had its ups and downs. I got to travel, that's true. It was mostly just going from home to the ship though, you don't get to go ashore much any more.

Plus the contracts are long. My last ship was four months solid, and I didn't get off it at all in that four months. 10 hours work every day except from Sunday, when it was only 8 hours. Oh, and when we were alongside it was 12 hours. It's not much of a life.

any good shipwreck kinos out there

And it's kind of a shame because a Conshelf 3 habitat would make life way less shittier for divers on oil rigs

t. goobergooter

He would have been fine but his deadman switch got pulled and he lost power...ironically almost becoming a deadman

What does low pressure do? You get sucked in?

>implying cameron would use a shitty knockoff of aquaman
>trying to start a capeshit war
fuck off

This isn't dangerous. The worst that happens is you bump into the ship a bit.

This is something a shark would write

literal nightmare fuel

Go fill your sink with water, run your hand through it and see how the water behaves.

Watch Jacque Cousteau’s old films about studying Mediterranean octopus behavior. It’s top comfy.

I see. Not really compatible with a family and kids. There used to be a lot of sailors form here (Norway) back in the day, but they are all being replaced by Asian sailors these days.

Don't do this user you'll drown

>a sailor settling down with a family

Thats how you fall from grace with the sea

gee i wonder who is behind this post

Are you kidding? It’s fantastic! The Deacon and his whole smoker gang are the dumbest, silliest b-movie bad guys.

> implying aquaman isn't the ripoff of namor
nice try dckek

tried this and fell down doctor said he found traces of mustard gas wtf

you win this round human

dunkirk mang

fuck yo boat!

Last time I ever trust Cred Forums

>going near the ocean for any reason
Fuck that. The real horrors are down there.

whats the proper procedure here? let the shark taste the rubber until he backs off or attack it (rising it doesnt let go)?

Send out a mayday call. They were close to shore though.

rip

>the absolute state of maritime law

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The people on the ship are easier to find and cite because they're on a big fucking ship

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

>vastness of the ocean

In the Heart of the Sea had its moments
youtube.com/watch?v=7ifAHwcjzz8

open water

When he was in the low pressure area behind the ship his skidoo basically lost all of its buoyancy and he almost died

His Skidoo probably caused some low pressure of its own that the big ship was getting into.

he didnt swim so good

I'm too retarded to understand whats going on here. He starts sinking 6 minutes in? What caused him to just randomly start dropping and why didn't he try to get back up

>

Defiantly a shameless knock off of The Thing and The Abyss but decent deep water kino

Scared the FUCK out of me when I was like 5. Why on earth would my dad let me watch this?

SIDF pls go

me when playing subnautica

this movie is pure kino

>1,034 days until Avatar 2

this
dad let me watch this when i was young as well and it fucking TERRIFIED me for years.

>recommending a period movie romance as a movie that depicts the vastness of the sea
what a waste of trips

Son you wanna watch the human centipede 2? You’ll love it lots of poop jokes

>those quads
checq'd

I'm glad to see this here.

WITH NO SURVIVORS

I loved this movie when i was a kid. scary as fuck

That would actually be pretty cool. You feel pretty safe being underneath it as long as you are in control of yourself.

Life of Pi
Aquatic life with Steve zissou
Kon tiki

Couldn't look any faker

smack that fucker on the nose and scare him off

There is literally no evidence that shows sharks don't like human meat. Sharks dont have developed taste buds like humans do, so to them all red-meat mammalians would taste exactly the same, and sharks love to eat seals.

there a video for this?

The Abyss

FUCKING DUH

your post is fake and you're a fake person living a fake life you fraud. check em.

>skidoo