Did it happen to you?

Did it happen to you?

Yes,with youtubers. I was unaware that there are world famous youtubers and the first time I noticed that is when Madam Tussauds made wax figures of the most famous youtubers in britain and I had no fucking idea who they were.

30 years old here and yeah, it did.

that's just a transitional phase.

Once you pass through that phase, (if you do), you will begin to realize that young people just have shitty taste in general, and come to accept that you had shitty taste when you were young too.

>Madam Tussauds made wax figures of the most famous youtubers

that happened? I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

yes, Sneed fed me his seed

The older i get, the less i should be with it. It'd be stupid if i was 30 and acted like i was 18.

fuk u

why

Listen to these names of youtube wax figures and tell me if you know them

>Jenna Marbles
>Ian Hecox
>Anthony Padilla
>Zoe Sugg
>Alfie Deyes

I literally don't know single one of them.

>Jenna Marbles
only one

I have literally never been with "it". I've never been in to the same music as my friends or siblings, I've never been in to social media, I've never liked the same movies and tv-series as my friends and siblings (excpet super popular shit like LotR and Jurassic Park), I've never been in to gaming unlike all my friends and my brother, and I have never been in to capeshit and Star Wars. If it hadn't been for this site, I would still think all my friends were weirdos for watching that stuff.

Zoe can sugg my dick

i've seen the name jenna marbles many times but i don't even know what she looks like
im 23

YOURE FUCKING JOKING YOURE JOKING WHAT THE FUCK

Fuck off

I recognize three. Ian and anthony are smosh

I always confuse Shane Dawson with Smosh. Smosh is the one with the pokemon parody video right

Yes, but at 32 I'm totally fine with it. You think you have everything figured out at 20, 25, but you still have shit taste. Maybe I'll feel the same about my current self at 40 but I don't think so. Seems like it takes at least thirty years to filter out most of the bullshit.

Happened to me when I was 12. I grew up listening to Led Zeppelin and The Who on my dad's vinyl records, then when I became a teenager and all my friends started playing Blink 182 and Green Day I remember thinking "Wtf is this trash? These solos fucking suck." Ever since then I have been an outsider when it comes to my taste in music and films. People come up to me sometimes and say, "Yo did you see the newest Marvel movie?" And I'll be like "Nope. But I just saw The Wild Bunch. One of Sam Peckinpah's best early films."

serious question, are you autistic?

Nope, just a loner. I have a lot of friends and acquaintances but I tend to keep to myself since most people aren't aware of anything that happened before they were born.

Lots of teens are into dad-rock user

Just go to the mall and observe all the Led Zep, Beatles and Pink Floyd tshirts for sale

You say Justin Bieber - I say Freddie Mercury

I was into dad rock too. I still like some of it but I can't stand Led Zeppelin anymore.

Yes, when Chuck's changed to Sneed's.

I think a lot of people just wear "old band" tshirts for street cred even if they never heard them before.

kek

Like 10 years ago

several times over in multiple decades

32 here, yes but I unironically reinvented myself as a weirdo beatnick being into shit like Crack The Sky and Soft Machine and now I'm sort of doing my own thing and everyone loves that.

Thanks, Charles Carroll!

Calling the greatest music ever made "dad rock" is a disgusting insult and a treacherous falsehood.

This. I've gone up to people who have a Led Zeppelin shirt on and been like, "Hell yeah Led Zeppelin! What's your favorite album? I love LZ III because of all the acoustic tracks and their experimentations with alternate tunings." And they usually say something like, "Oh what? I just like a couple of their songs and bought this t-shirt lol."

>the greatest music ever made

it's the greatest music that ever reached mainstream success but the underground has always had music of equal or greater quality. You'll figure it out.

>Calling the greatest music ever made "dad rock" is a disgusting insult and a treacherous falsehood.
If you become a dad like me you just take it as a compliment.

>oh.... he listens to "dad" music

you bet your fucking ass I do

does Cred Forums have an official "essential dadcore" list?

yeah I knew it when it happened
>growing up as a kid
>parents would exclaim "wow that so and so movie is on tv! wasnt that just in theatres?"
>think they are senile since that movie came out sometime last year and Ive already gone through a summer and advanced a grade since it came out
flash forward to turning 27 or 28
>barely watch tv or movies anymore
>finally watch tv at someones house with direct tv
>fuck how many transformers did they make?
>jesus wasnt "jew degenerate party comedy #327" just in theatres?
>stranger things already has 2 seasons?
>dont recognize any modern tv or movie stars under 30

really when DAMN I thought that movie just came out and its already being broadcast on tv is the A HA moment.
then again Im not so out of touch. its the children who are wrong.

I've listened to a lot of "underground" stuff, especially a lot of obscure 1960's psychedelic bands, and while some of it is pretty great, it's obvious that the reason it's underground is because the composition and melody structures just aren't good enough to become successful. Or, that the bands simply don't have a diverse enough sound and most of their songs seem similar.

I know how you feel, but the turnaround cycle for media is accelerating too.

A movie will be on netflix literally 1 month after its in the theater now.

I just spend all my time rewatching old movies and tv shows

New shit is terrible

>obscure 1960's

There's your problem. The good stuff was actually the popular stuff in the late 60's early 70's. It was a strange time. Since then popularity and quality have increasingly diverged.

▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▄░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▄
░▀▀▀▄▄ ▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░▒█
▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█░░▀█ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄▀

>the greatest music ever made
I remember being 15 too

is death grips the best music of the last 15 years?

i thought it happened to all of us when a bunch of drug-and-sex-crazed celebs teamed up with fat vidya women to put on priestly robes and smile all non-believers instead of just making some bullshit to distract us from daily life

It's happened a few times.
>when I accepted that I didn't "get" snapchat
>when my (ex) gf and her friends (all a few years younger) told me I looked like this youtuber they all knew
>when the people I went drinking with didn't drink pints
>when "videogames fans" had never played zelda
I don't play videogames anymore for the record. But still

Holy shit, based!

apparently normies play dota all day now
When I did it it was me and 4 nerds more

I miss the old chads

Well I was never with it so no.

Fuck off to Cred Forums with your garbage threads

I was never with it in the first place so it already happened to me before I hit puberty.

of course, that might be the most autistic post i've seen on Cred Forums today

37 here. I just post in /trek/ threads talking about how it's all been downhill since TNG season 3.

Yes I'm 25 (basically super old) and these kids are just so dumb and shit. God I was born in the wrong generation.

Had a similar thing happen (but no wax figures obviously) in my country. Checked some of them out. It's genuinely horrible garbage. ADHD pandering jump cuts and screeching, completely uninteresting topics etc. To be fair the reality TV shit my parents watch is equally terrible.

Post tv related stuff on Cred Forums, you get banned. Post Cred Forums related stuff on Cred Forums, nothing happens and the redditors even bump your thread thinking that the Simpson's is an actual good show. Fuck off and remember to sage all cartoon threads. Also

based sugg poster

this site is for people over 18, you should leave

haha you really got me! I have been le trolled! Haha we did it r*ddit! Haha le laugh! Jk of course get fucked kid. Also sage. Also

*bumps your sage*

▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█░░▀█
▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄▀
Ruff RUFF RUFF RUFF RUFF RUFF GRRRRRRRRRRRRR RUFF RUFFFFF MEOW
SAGE

*bumps again*

>mfw this user sneeds and chucks

toppity kekkity I love you autistic bunch, always thinking your taste is the best and then you get mad because someone is able to like your favorite band without autistically over analyzing it

THE RESULTS ARE IN
SNEED
DRUMROLL PLEASE
SNEED
OK GUYS AND THE WINNER IS
SNEED
OH YES IT IS SNEED! BOO YAH!
SNEED 'o CLOCK

lmao

SNEED IM GOING INTO BATTLE AND NEED ONLY YOUR STRONGEST FUCK AND SUCK

ok, this one was actually pretty funny. You're based af.

I neither know nor care what youngster think is with it which means nobody can tell me I'm not as with it as ever.

Yeah. I'm a pro at 90's-early 2000's rap but this new mumble rap shit is not for me

What's that? Its hard to understand what you're saying with that dick in your throat faggot

Depends on what you consider "dad rock." They do have one for "Essential 60s psychedelic rock albums" and a 3-part chart for 70s hard rock/proto-metal.

JINGLE BELL SINGLE BELL SNEEDLE BELL ROCK, FUCKING AND SUCKING CHUCK AROUND THE BLOCK

based sneedposters working the autistic fa/tv/irgins into a finna ding-dong diddly seething shoot

based sneed supporter

Kys moeposter

*sneedposts in your thread*

35 and yes.
It'll happen to you too

Yes, it did.

THE MAINSNEED SNEEDIA

>sneed
based

>i am unique because i watch obscure films and listen to dadrock all my friends are sheeple

heh, i remember being underage too

yeah

about the time people started thinking that "gucci gang" song was good.

IMAGINE MOI SNEED

IMMAJUNN MOI CHUCK

do you have any idea how retarded it is to say to like something because of a tuning?

you would be hard pressed to say something that is more pretentious and pointless

I don't own a tablet and I barely use my smartphone for anything other than calling. Handheld is a meme that refused to die.

>Calling the greatest music ever made "dad rock" is a disgusting insult and a treacherous falsehood.

Fucking lol. Like Zepp can hold a candle to Boriqua Tribez or Marco Bailey.

My brother is 42, has unironiclaly listened to "heritage" music, unironically likes ICP, has shit taste in clothing(walmart shirts with skulls), aesthetics(gets tattoos with skulls), people(is currently a member of a hells angels wanna be club), television shows(reality shows about cars, duck dynasty) and pretty much everything you could imagine, aside from his favorite movie which i will give him credit on, "Heartbreak Ridge".

genuinely CHUCKled hard, thank you

You're not out of touch, just pretentious.

From a technical standpoint I say absolutely.

They're creative, ingenuitive, they aren't afraid to do whatever they want.Even leaking their own album against the will of their publisher.
I'd venture to say that the band was more than music and more of an auditory art trio.

>tfw my current girlfriend is 4 years younger than me, and has never even touched an NES, and I had to explain to a person who is a competitive level moba player what super mario was when it first came out.

I don't think I was ever really with "it" nor with counter culture even after they became the culture

Let me guess... regular /r9k/ poster?

This.

>YouTubers
>Instagram
>Fortnight
>Discord

Absolute GenZ cancer.

I've even seen boards here change and new audiences move in. Cred Forums's change was the most dramatic, though no doubt 3 letter agencies were involved there.

I've never owned a cellphone and I feel like the last unaugmented human in a cyberpunk novel.

I used to be weird growing up since I'd like to spend a lot of time online instead of socializing, and I'm still weird but because I actually talk to people face to face at all, rather than spending literally all day on the internet, even when hanging out with my friends or having dinner with my family.

best post in this thread

I don't have one either. Nice meeting another person who refuses to get a phone or a tablet. I just see them as a massive waste of money that people use to boost their own vanity.

because that's so much better than what you are doing on a pc

its same shit moron, stop feeling so high and mighty

>massive waste of money
spoken like a true poor person, how is that government cheese treating you?

Sorry user but you come across as one of those contrarian dickheads, like vegans. The ones on their phones 24/7 are actually addicted to social media, not the phone itself. You can get a cheap Android phone that will function just as well as the 'flagships' (I hate that term) for less than £100. The best thing about them really is Google maps if you need to go somewhere new, or messaging apps instead of text messaging.

Not sure when I first noticed, maybe when I started seeing people being nostalgic for things I remember my much younger brother being into. I get tripped up on slang a lot these days, I don't see it until it's 5 years out of date and filters through to places like this

>>Fortnight
I've heard about that hundreds of times in the last month and i'm still not sue what it is

ishit is fucking vile, stop shilling.
I sold all of my apple products, not for money but because I just hated having them

My nephew plays it. It's a third person shooter where 50 people parachute into an island and eliminate each other. I tried getting into it but it's really 'tepid'. It's so casual it's boring. It has that horrible 'mobile-gaming' artstyle too. I just don't understand the appeal at all.

sounds like a pubg knockoff

>dadrock

bane?

I'm one of "those guys" so I was never with it in the first place. Don't really feel old though.

yeah. 5 or so years ago.
fuck em all