Was Marla a trap?

She joked about it early in the film, but I started thinking about how the whole film was about focused on the loss and reclaiming of masculinity. Wouldn't it be fitting that rather than have a boring female love interest, the film instead had a tranny- a man who essentially has given up his masculinity- as the focus of the Narrator (and Tyler's) affection?
Oh, Fight Club discussion thread, I suppose

One of my first movie crushes, right next to the both bitch from BeetleJuice.

Why did Helena age so badly? God she looks horrible now.

thats dumb

i'll allow the fight club thread though

You've been on Cred Forums too long

The book author is gay and there is def some homosexual overtones. But no thats dumb

What if she was just another alterego like Tyler Durden.

I normally hate trying to force the whole "character was secretly gay/trans/lesbian" thing, but I think it fits with the overall theme of the film. As I said earlier, she jokes that she had her balls cut off when she and the Narrator talk about their support groups

no marla was in fact a girl and edward nortons character wanted to fuck her but he was too beta so his alter ego took over and fucked her instead. the whole movie is about his alter ego his mind invented to allow him to be the person he really wanted to be.

we're due for a re-up of these themes
this could be a new movie
>its like fight club but if marla was a trap

yeah

she was edgy and trying to be funny

This would make a shit movie actually decent.

^ bait

GOOD LUCK TRYING TO SAVE HER

Doubt it, but OP thanks for giving me something to think about tonight :3

>right next to the both bitch from BeetleJuice
Don't talk about Winona Ryder like that

I remember a guy here shilling his website that was 100% dedicated on proving she wasn't real
it was pretty convincing too, right down to her not having a mirror reflection etc

No trap has a seductive voice like that. Nice theory though

She had two kids in Fight Club 2 so no

She was a figment

This but unironically

How can I create an alter ego that makes me stop being a beta for me

Fight Club was kino
but you morons will hate either because you failed to understand it or because you're contrarian for the sake of it

Would have made the film better imo, it goes with the anarchic theme. But would have made less money.

join the fight club

I would go so far as to say that everyone who loves it does so because they fail to understand it.

do hard drugs until you become schizophrenic

In the deleted scenes section of the DVD there's alternate take of the "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school" about wanting to have his abortion, so no.

Plus thematically her being a grill makes more sense.

>Tyler gets him thinking the last thing that as a generation of men raised by women another woman is the last thing we need
>They then go down a dark destructive path of pseudo masculine "fighting"
>After reaching its extremes, and the consequences they lead to he ultimately rejects that side of his psyche
>And then he holds her hand because it turns out it's okay for men to still get along with women just so they're not pussies that make them their life's purpose.
>so with all the older towers, symbolic of his metaphorical mental constructs, already destroyed there's now both time and space for building something new.

I make edgy jokes about how my biological father left.

It doesn't mean he didn't do it

:^c

If I only had a nickel for every slag or fag I know that ranks the movie highly just for the parts where there's no shirts.

No, you make defensive jokes because you're a beta that hasn't accepted it was probably your mummy's fault.

>implying I didn't get it

>implying I even know you

isnt that was invisible monsters was about?

I'm not implying that

>If I only had a nickel for every slag or fag I know
>I know
If you're not one that I know then I'm not implying anything about how well you got it.