Star Wars Canon Thread

Just started pic related this morning.
Why is Kanan so fucking based?

Are you caught up with the canon yet, user? Since it's going to be a while until the next major novel release, I'm taking the time to catch up on some audiobooks I fell behind on.

Didn't realise I was on /lit/.

Canon encapsulates more than just books. Tv shows, movies, games, etc are all canon. It would be silly to make the thread on /lit/ when this is a film franchise first and foremost.

The people that read this trash are the same ones that shit on the old eu.

Protip: No matter how much they lie to you non of it is important.

Christ why doesn't she look that hot on rebels?

You are right and it's fucking stupid.

Both the EU and the Canon are the exact same quality. Same authors most of the time too. As someone who read both, I don't see why there needs to be some sort of rivalry when the only difference is the two continuities.

>No matter how.much they lie to you, none of it is important.
This is true too, but I don't see why that's so important. It's not like people are reading these books assuming they are required for the films. They read them because they are good stories and it's satisfying to see them tie into the films.

The art style.

Why does Cred Forums constantly do this? Just go away. No one cares about your cartoon.

This thread needs to be taken to /ck/

>this is yoda
WTF

Rebels is good and the Thrawn book probably, but most of it is trash. Apparently the authors don't have to work with the story group so there is no continuity.

If you enjoy Rebels there is a LOT you are missing out on. As someone who mostly caught up, there is stuff much better than Rebels you can be enjoying.

>Apparently the authors don't have to work with the story group
That isn't true at all. Even the directors of the movies need to go through the storygroup to make sure everything stays consistent.
Even EA came out and said that the reason there aren't cosmetic options in Battlefront 2 is because every single addition would need to be approved by the storygroup.

Of the two continuities, the Canon is without a doubt the tighter one, since the storygroup didn't even exist when the EU was still being updated.

It's based on Ralph MacQuarrie's earlier concept drawings. The whole show is.

>consistent

All the movies have been inconsistent as fuck, with each other, in relation to the greater saga and within themselves.

Did you mean "consistent" to an agenda?

There is one single direct contradiction in the entire new canon and it's in a short story.

>That isn't true at all. Even the directors of the movies need to go through the storygroup to make sure everything stays consistent.

You're joking right. The story group didn't stop Johnson from butchering star wars. Then again most of the Lucas guys were fired when Kennedy came in.

if it doesn't have thrawn i'm not interested

Disney comes in and says, "Okay guys everything that happened before us is not 'cannon' anymore." They only kept what they could not get rid of which was the movies. That's really creepy. Technically the entire cannon has been set to zero and Disney is gonna rewrite all of it.

So everything about how the force works and how space travel works as shown in the EU is gone. It's all a blank slate. Worst of all it's very mediocre shit and poorly written. What the fuck.

Dead serious. JJ confirmed that they made him change a few details in 7 like planet locations, names, etc.

They aren't going to get involved with the creative process, but the logistical stuff all needs to be greenlit. The only time they would step in is if there are direct contradictions. It's why Johnson can get away with stuff even I don't agree with, like the hyperspace ram

>They aren't going to get involved with the creative process

No my point is that the story groups is NOT maintaining the continuity of the story. Because the current story is bad. That or they're just incompetent with their jobs.

> The only time they would step in is if there are direct contradictions.

They didn't step in for TLJ.

>It's why Johnson can get away with stuff even I don't agree with, like the hyperspace ram

Wait, so they did tell him it was okay or they didn't tell him. Your sentence is confusing.

Cause you say they only step in for direct contradictions, but the FTL ramming is a direct contradiction of Star Wars.

What are you saying?

Their job is to make sure there aren't contradictions. That's it.

They gave it the ok because nowhere in the Canon does it say it's impossible to hyperspace ram someone. I personally don't agree with it, but it doesn't create any direct contradictions. It's up to another author now to explain why it worked in Holdos case and only Holdos case. Not really the Storygroups problem.

A lot of the books are sandboxed so they don't affect the main stories, A New Dawn is one of these sandboxed stories.

>Their job is to make sure there aren't contradictions. That's it.

But, TLJ is full of contradictions.

>They gave it the ok because nowhere in the Canon does it say it's impossible to hyperspace ram someone.

I'm really tired of hearing this argument and I've come to the point that people who accept this argument are retarded. Nonetheless here is the reason why:

If FTL ramming were a thing then the question must be asked, "Why didn't the rebellion ram the Death Star in ANH?"

An object traveling at light speeds would have immensely destructive power upon collusion. An object the size of an X-Wing fighter could destroy the Death Star. Further, if object traveling at light speed had such destructive potential then building the Death Star would be pointless. Thus the entire story in ANH is stupid and illogical.

This is beside the point that hyperspace is a separate dimension which is small than real space. Ships do not *actually* travel at light speed since the human body would be destroyed by moving at such speeds. Disney cannot just change the lore regarding how ships travel in space because then it wouldn't be Star Wars.

I'm on your side here man, I get it. I think it's fucking stupid and universe breaking too.

But it's not a direct contradiction. A lose plot hole at best. It can be filled with any number of explanations. The storygroup checked if there was anything in Canon making a hyperspace ram impossible, and there wasn't.

"Why didn't the rebellion ram the death star" is still an answerable question. It's not the Storygroups problem that it hasn't been answered yet.

Retard

Hera is FLAT

In a cute way*

Pic related was really good. Unlike anything else in canon

I just watched a new hope, and the version I had had gay CGI monsters and shit in it, I want to watch the other two originals, which is the best version to get?

Despecialized Edition is the version that removes all the added cg shit

Synopsis please

Fucking love the villain of that book. I imagine he's like a cross between Dooku, Greivous, and for some reason Tony Robin's.

Story is told through a Resistance spy being interigated by the First Order, telling what she knows about the history of Phasma.

It's like Mad Max in space almost. Phasma is from a planet that was partially destroyed from a nuklear detination, generations prior. The book has her constantly backstabing and manipulating her family and friends to get to where she is in Episode 7. It's cool, but the real draw of the book comes from the setting which is super un-starwarsy. Technology including blasters and even the most basic of droids are completely gone on her planet so war is done with actual swords and blunt objects. Lots of surprisingly detailed gore. One scene in particular describes a character who was bitten by an unknown bug puffing up so much that his finger nails pop off and he essentially pops into water. His skin was described as being almost translucent and his bones shattered on contact.

Brendol Hux (General Huxes father) is a major character which is pretty neat because up until this point in the Canon he's only ever had cameos and minor roles.

Really cool book. If you havent tried the new canon yet this is a great spot to jump in. The final few chapters in particular are phenominal

Fuck off /swco/.

Disney Wars is garbage, 1% of it is good.

Thrawn is literally in Rebels.

>giv lewd twi-lek pusy

>little scraps of the EU material you love are now canon! That means Disney Wars is good now!

Just take it to Cred Forums

You are in luck. The second book in his canon trilogy comes out this summer.

Here's a better one

Weird considering Johnson's excuse for Luke being able to do the holographic image shit was a book published before Disney bought LucasArts.

Yea that was weird for him.

I think it was more just "hey look, this has been used before, I didn't invent it"

>keeping up with Disney shit canon
I don't even know you and I'm disappointed

Reading your post it comes across like you're a paid shill by Disney who is trying to sound like you're just the casual Cred Forums user. Are you user? Are you lying to us you son of a bitch!

It's not too bad. It's just more star wars which some people like

Looking forward to this more than the actual movie.

Is he /ourhux/?

I liked Scarif. It was both different and nice.

These always reek of butthurt for some reason

how rude

And? It's ugly as fuck in 3D

It looks good in some areas but awful in others.

Personally I think Vader looks great in it and I love the thin lightsabers

Anyone have the version of this with the bandannas and the YOOOOOOO

whoops i had assumed this file was the Sato suicide at Atollon

She was cute in Princess of Alderaan

Beat me to it.

>Rebel's is good
As of when? S1 sure wasn't. I always planned on finishing eventually but haven't bothered.

they are still incompetent as writers. The only reason why the First Order came to power is because the Republic is full of retards they scrapped 90 percent of their fleet)
That is just bad writing

This isn't Cred Forums, retard. I hope the mods actually delete off-topic garbage for once, especially for Star Wars manchildren who like the garbage cartoons

Have you watched TCW? If you liked that then Rebels is worth it because starting in season 2 they start bringing in a ton of characters from it. If you didn't like TCW then you won't like Rebels. If you haven't seen TCW then watch it first.

How would this be relivent to Cred Forums at all?

Season 2 is pretty damn good. Especially at the end. 3 failed to keep my interest though and I have yet to catch up with 4

Pretty much this. 1 was bad, 2 was pretty great, 3 was meh, and I gotta catch up with 4 before the last episodes

You're all a bunch of nu-male faggots, the old EU was better and the new canon and movies are retarded TRASH.

Old EU:
>put crystal in lightsaber
>lightsaber blade is the color of the corresponding crystal

New EU:
>put crystal in lightsaber
>force bond with it
>if you're a good guy it'll accept you and your light side force energy will turn it blue or green
>if you're bad it'll reject you and will bleed and will be red

Jesus Christ.

>how would my manchild Star Wars™ Rebels™ characters be Cred Forums?

Disney shilling has to die.
i will not give them 1 more cent.
fucking kikes.

>Bumping a Disney shill thread
You just got memed into free labor by posting in a thread you don't like.

forgot to sage. No more.

too late kanan.

hera had been mindbroken by the

BIG
BLUE
COCK