What exactly is special about Black Panther? Blade did it 20 years ago and Spawn did it 23 years go...

What exactly is special about Black Panther? Blade did it 20 years ago and Spawn did it 23 years go. There are probably others. I think people are just falling for Marvel's hype in saying "oh we care about black people lol" but meanwhile they're just doing it for money (and it paid off)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/256245170
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't forget Hancock, and yes it's just for money but blacks are too stupid and shortsighted to think about something like that

The good man, though a slave, is free; the wicked, though he reigns, is a slave, and not the slave of a single man, but what is worse the slave of as many masters as he has vices.

Neither Blade or Spawn are about african heritage and they aren't predominantly black either. So no, not the same thing.

>What exactly is special about Black Panther?

Nothing. It's why audiences are giving it mediocre scores.

Blade isn't pure vampire but T'Challa is pure wakandian

Saw black panther, blade is still ten times cooler. I dont get how anyone wouldnt habe blade in top 5 marvel movies. Spawn is kino because of john leguizamo, he killed it in that movie like most movies hes in.

Being a pure vampire turns you into a cryptohomo so thats a good thing.

Panther's entire premise is based around race and has an almost all black cast, black director and writers. Blade was made by a bunch of white people.

Wesley Snipes was originally supposed to play Black Panther years before Blade was made, but the movie never happened.

Wesley snipes is blacker than black

vimeo.com/256245170
WE WUZ PANTHERZ

>Blade was made by a bunch of white people
So was Black Panther

Nothing. It's just blacks are more susceptible to racebaiting and white cucks are guilted into saying it's a big deal.

That's all it is. Keep in mind, 90% of black people you meet think blacks are superior to all other races. Seriously. Most black people think they are superior to all other races.

He means the cast of the movie you fucking idiot

>Neither Blade or Spawn are about african heritage
WAKANDA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

Stan Lee created Black Panther because blacks are literally too retarded other people have to make their characters for them

Black Panther is inspired by African culture and has an almost entirely black cast, it's not just about a black dude like the others.

Neither is Metropolis or Gotham.

and? What does that have to do with him saying Black Panther is about african heritage?

I don't think there were any black comic writers in the 60's.

You think Stan Lee wrote all of Black Panther stories? The movie version is heavily based on Christopher Priest's run.

This. Black men believe they are the superior race.

No excuse
I know he didn't write every BP run, but he still created the character

>why don't you guys care about a movie that's two decades old and outdated in the new era of CBM guys

hancock was a shitty movie. its best off forgotten the second will smith stopped being a drunk asshole the movie died.

>predominately black

Just say what you mean. They were directed by white people so it doesn't count.

It's jarring how blacks are making this movie about race. Everything blacks are showing now regarding Black Panther are what liberals claim we need to stop doing in a color blind society. Things can't go on like this forever

Bigotry is socially acceptable when it's against white people.

I can't tell this thread is like 99% white people just bitching and not understanding things as usual

There is no such thing as a colorblind society. Black people clearly resent every other race. I say we encourage them to do a 21st century Marcus Garvey and leave en masse to foudn their own Wakanda.

>Black people clearly resent every other race
What makes you say that?

You dont see white people going AYO DIS HERE METROPOLIS & GOTHAM ARE DA SHIT, WE FINNA GOTTA GO THERE RITE NOW
Black people actually think Wakanda is real, white people know Metropolis & Gotham are fictional

I really wish pol would fuck off and die.

I really wish tumblr faggots like you wouldn't shit up this website but here we are

You dumb doodie head , Wesley is so black he's blacker than all of black panther cast put together

It's because of the NAME and who's directing and comprising the cast, all of it together

But mostly the name. Blacks will naturally relate it to the organization: the Black Panthers.. a symbol of black power. The blackest of the black.
And now they see a mainstream superhero called Black Panther.. it's no wonder they showed up in african garb. They don't see it as a corporate marvel comic rehash, it's namesake is banking on black culture that goes back decades. They're not seeing this movie through your eyes.. obviously but the difference is so off you'd probably never figure it out on your own.

To them it's not just a black hero but one that's all about the fight for social rights, mending their slave past, rediscovering their african heritage and the struggle for equality since the Jim Crow era.. or so they thought. Little did they know it's just a marvel comic

They got bamboozled once again by the man

African American isn't the same as African.

Black panther was the first African hero.

The movie explores concepts like tribalism, colonisation and isolationism.

Besides, while Hancock, Blade and Spawn may feature a single...black...lead, it doesn't explore African culture.

You could swap the ethnicity of any of the above and the movie would play as is.

Black panther is inherently African.

And in cinemas now.

>Blade was made by a bunch of white people.

SO IS EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE PLANET YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT, HOLY SHIT!

You're like the typical leftist faggot who complains about most superheroes being white without realizing that in the 1960s, when they were created, the United States was 90% WHITE YOU CUNT.

Because I dont' see any other race saying a superhero movie with a black hero "doesn't count" because it had too many white people.

>African American isn't the same as African.
>Black panther is inherently African.

So then why are a bunch of African Americans acting like it represents them when they are just black people who aren't African?

No, it doesn't count because you could change Blade's skin color to white and it would not change a single thing about the movie. The same cannot be said for Black Panther

Not true. Blade's skin color is very important because he's a vampire who stayed in the sun too long and it burnt his skin.

medium b8

>he doesn't know about the Disney marketing machine
user, everything Disney does is the first time it's ever been done.

wakanda isn't african culture, there is no wakanda

Uh, isn't he a half-vampire and that's why he resists sunlight?

In any case, make some dumb plot change like that, and it doesn't change the fact that Blade doesn't reflect on being an African or discuss blackness the way Black Panther did.

>Spawn
>first successful black superhero not tied to Marvel/DC
>the very mascot of Image/McFarlane toys
>has the smallest gap of a comic debut-to-feature film release than any other comic superhero (beating out Batman and Spider-man)
>lol who cares #whatblackpanthermeanstome
blacks don't even deserve Spawn

>Spawn was 23 years ago

Yes because we all know how black kids look up to him and say "I want all my skin burnt off so I look like that"

I did, lol

Trump is president now and leftists are still seething

OP, it's because blacks want a fantasy where they aren't a pack mule race who wouldn't have made it to the new world if not for slavery.

>not wanting a big dumb Spawn foot
disdainforplebs.png

>nobody who watched spawn wanted to have his powers

Not to mention that Gotham is a shithole and Metropolis is only good because of Superman. They aren't meant to be places of pride

>one day:
>niggers should go back to africa!
>next day:
>african americans arent even africans lol why do they care about africa

Really joggin my noggin

The sjw's I know have said "well exactly, it's been 20 years since Blade and comic book movies were niche back then. They need representation now!". So basically it's a big deal now because normies are into comic book movies. If this had come our even 7 years ago, without BLM and all the other polarizing shit the media can inject into their articles about the movie, I don't think it would have been hyped nearly as much. Even Luke Cage wasn't hyped as much and that has more of a connection to blacks in America than BP.

Of course all of my black friends who also happen to be into comics weren't anymore excited for this movie than they were for previous MCU movies. They recognized the hyperbole of the media and Disney marketing machine.

Whites are equally stupid when they fall for the exact same trap with Star Wars.

Hi

>54% on rottentomatoes
>34% on rottentomatoes
Yeah nah, you're wrong kiddo.

Metropolis and Gotham aren't held up as examples of (misconceived) (white) European power. Wakanda is a symbol of black supremacy so idiots like you can eat it up.

Also...

>Whites
because Star Wars is all about white pride, right?

you still flock like idiots to the theater and made them billions, victim of the same marketing tactic. So stfu.

Blade, Spawn, Hancock. None of them are Black Superheroes. They are Superheroes who are black.
That's a world of difference.

It used to be. Luke Skywalker dressed in all white fighting Darth Vador dressed in all black.

>wesley snipes
>not the blackest man on earth
too white
>will smith
>too white
too white

DAS WHADT YU BE FINKIN WHAIT BOI! WE WUZ KAINGZ AN SHEEEEIIIIITTT!

The only reason Spawn was successful as a black hero is because he's a black guy for like two pages before being burnt to a crisp making his race indistinguishable.

do you understand that you're retarded

Do NOT use the hard R word here. I will contact the mod team on IRC if I catch you doing it again.

>not predominantly black
>Wesley Snipes

If there's a darker nigger in Hollywood besides the ultranigger from Gladiator/Blood Diamond, I haven't seen him. He's that 11:59 PM type dark.

The best part about Blade was that it didn't have the whole "WE WUZ" shit tied to it. The first one in particular was just a great movie that stood on it's own merits and the chemistry/casting of the actors involved.

Black Panther is literally a WE WUZ cash-in that's been comedically politicized for the normies and that Cred Forums and stormfront sockpuppets have been hyper-memeing about from their BLACKED sockpuppets.

I'm pretty sure Spawn says otherwise.

you are so full of shit. Westley Snipes is 3:48 A.M. in the middle of a field in montana cow country BLACK AS FUCK

>NOT AGAIN
Being Spawn is suffering

Yeah wtf do black people not know this?

That's it. You fucking brought this on yourself. Making fun of the disabled is not cool I don't care who you are and now you will have to deal with the consequences of this.

>Cred Forums is actually jews i swear
okay buddy, bo back to sleep

We are talking about the movies here, not comics.

They should go back to africa, however african american culture is not at all the same as native african culture.
How low is your IQ mate

>We are talking about the comic book movies
>not the comic books

Excuse me for asking but are you perhaps lost?
Reddit is down the block and to the right.

Please excuse him. He's retarded

mcu is the big boys, as much as i prefer blade, shit is minor leagues by comparison.

You said it exactly. How can you understand completely yet not understand that you understand?

Wakanda is set in Africa, therefore its culture is African.

And irl African cultures were imparted onto the fictional nation.

So your point is....what?

social media wasn't around back then, and marketing departments weren't infested with idiotic millennials

wakanda's culture is how americans think african culture is like, not what it actually is

I'm beyond certain that Americans don't consider any part of Africa as civilized as Wakanada, culturally speaking.

You think you're funny? We'll see who is laughing once the moderators take care of you...

and a churned out disney fare has nothing to do with a study of culture, it's all window dressing. you've been had.

>>not predominantly black
>>Wesley Snipes
obviously he meant the movie was not predominantly black, as in actor count
usually the only movies that get more than one or two black actors in major roles are by Tyler Perry or made-for-TV shit for BET and the like, and those are both fairly recent things

A nigger lifespan isn't long enough to remember films that came out in 1998.

Blade the film didn't focus on the protagonists race

Gotham is a nickname for NY in the same vein as the Big Apple.

>muh blade
wtf are you people even complaining about?

>huur why are you watching this? muh blade exists!

Again you seem to have this prejudice regarding too white=bad.

Why do you have such a problem with your fellow human beings that happen to have a lighter pigment? White audiences have had no problem accepting nonwhite characters for decades now.

You mean the series that created a legit black hero who is central to destroying the empire? Just admit you have a personal problem with white people.

Moving goal post, got it.

If the corporations that made those movies had been as good at working the hype machine as Marvel is now they would've been 97% due to all the great representation and ground breaking inspiring stories for African Americans

You also have to remember those movies came out before Obama and Trayvon Martin.

So before the New Race Cold War started

NIGGERS ARE DUMB, NEWS AT 11!!!

because they pretend that black movies never existed before thursday

I love it but Blade has like two black people in it.

If there was a movie with 2 white people in it but one was the main it'd still feel like a 'white movie'

Do... do black people actually find this attractive? Bald women prancing about exposing their misshapen skull? I knew blacks liked melons, but this is a bit much.

>Spawn gets a job.jpg

Have you seen the movies?

Pic related was the first black super hero. He designed his own suit, fights in the hood, grew up in the ghetto, and it's all depicted in the film.

I thought dupe pics were blocked?

It's already been said but Wesley Snipes is blacker than all of the Black Panther cast combined. I think you need to watch White Men Can't Jump or Demolition Man.

Yes, those movies featured black leads, but none of them were part of a cinematic universe that has children as part of their target audience.

blade and black panther aren't even remotely similar, what the fuck are you talking about

these costumes seem incredibly condescending and insulting to me

when you see it...

Isn´t that a good thing? Same with women... if the goal is equality then the focus should not be race or sex because by calling attention to that the movie would be discriminating right?

There is no such thing as "good discrimination" or "bad discrimination"... discrimination is the recognition of a difference and if such difference is made to be a big deal then there is no equality.

Isn´t femminism supposed to be about equality? isn´t diversity supposed to be about making race inconsecuential as to avoid prejudice? If so, then Black Panther is not about diversity and Wonder Woman is not about femminism, those movies would be about black pride and women pride.