Valerian and the city of one thousand planets

Why was it so fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trq1O7XA7w0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Casting two adolescent boys to lead a sci-fi film was an edgy decision

I thought it was going to be this grand space adventure, but it really wasn't. It was about some random species who wanted to leave the floating city.

I went in with every intention to like it and have never been more bored in my life despite all the colorful bombast. Dude was grossly miscast and I love Cara and everything but she has no charisma.

> fun
if you turn it off after the first 20 min

>dude to make this work we need fantastic chemistry between the two main characters
>say no more senpai
>casts walking soy and wooden plank with eyebrows

I’ll say that the story isn’t all that mind blowing, but it’s more about the action and exotic set pieces. Definitely not as good as something like The Fifth Element, but I just watched it for the first time and I wasn’t disappointed

it was great fun. it delivered on its promise.

no idea what the fuck american audiences were expecting, or why american media unanimously hated it

awesome movie and I'm glad I saw it in a cinema

I’ve heard the property is much more widely known in Europe. It was pretty much completely unknown in the United States, so that may have had something to do with why it was so poorly received

While not on purpose the two leads being really weird and disinterested added to me liking the film . Like they are two beautiful white people not caring about other people dying
The film itself needed a more focused plot. Literally had "side quests" in it
Rihanna was fun and should have had a better ending
Too bad critics killed so average film goer (who have no idea what this shit is) wouldn't bother going to see it
(Also their mass effect suits were gay)
Solid B- (maybe C plus if you really hate these actors)

This was a problem. They casted it like some high fashion photoshoot for a glossy mag.

Though Cara wasn't as bad as Dane in this. I like him but goddamn.

Unless Its promise was to be shit it didn't deliver anything.

You can't explain why the movie was good without resorting to memes like "it was fun!"

>The film itself needed a more focused plot. Literally had "side quests" in it
How awesome would a really well done version of this as an open world rpg be? I’d love to play something like that, but it’s never going to happen realistically

the setting was cool. the only part i really didnt like were those three disgusting alien dick face things.

>money obsessed aliens
>really big noses
What did they mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=trq1O7XA7w0
it was awful and boring.

It was better than that shit video you linked.

Serious question:

I know there are Cara nudes out there, but do any of them show her asshole? I need to know this very badly.

>no idea what the fuck american audiences were expecting, or why american media unanimously hated it

Are you in Europe? Do you not understand the concept of making a good film.

The movie bombed globally- nobody found it much fun. Maybe the leads should have smiled, instead of scowling through the whole movie... to show how much fun it all was. ; )

(((they))) were annoying to listen to and hideous to look at.