Anyone else like this movie?

Anyone else like this movie?

Me. It reminds me of older mummy movies, not talking about Brendan one. I mean really older one. With Boris Karloff or Hammer ones.
Tomb exploration, plane or church and crypt scenes are great. Taking action to London was something really unexpected, almost everyone would expect another Indiana Joner ripoff, but it isn't. Really liked set designs too.
Trying to make cinegrid for it, but must rewatch it and look for really best shots.
and mummy princess was great

My penis likes her

it was better than expected, hopefully they move forward with the universal universe

I love princess Ahmanet
Movie was ok, worth watching just for her.

It's plebfilter Kino
>muuh Brendan...
I'm from Germany, so can say Kino.

His Mummies were terrible.

C U T E
U
T
E

jekyl/hyde (sp?) being no different (other than eye color?) ruined it for me.

That was actually close to source.
Hyde wasn't Hulk-like creature. He's just creepy, cocky and evil split personality of dr Jekyll. Mummy got one of most accurate Jekyll/Hyde in movies.

why is this film still getting shilled on Cred Forums?

I liked it more than the Marvel movies. The Russel Crowe Dr Jekyll was a bit much though.

Liked 1st one for adventure movie, but wasn't serious enough for Mummy movie. They focus too much on Brendan's adventures, ignoring mummy's romance plot. Imhotep doesn't try to seduce that girl. He just kidnapped her. This was very shallow.
New one got that right. Mummy is trying to seduce her lover.

Is the Dark Universe still going or is it done already?

Last I heard it's finished.

I think it's coz of Razzie nomination, so people watch it just to see and generally Tom Cruise movies are discussed here a lot. He's also a king of home video entertainment.
Don't think so.
Bill Condon gathering a team, ready to go with "Bride.." and Javier is still interested in role of Frankenstein. "Invisible Man" is looking for a new writer.
There are few games released and both webpages are still on, Dark Universe and 360 degree VR trip to Prodigium.
Ahmanet got 2 FunkoPOP figures (Mummy and Princess - pic related) and some manga in Japan.
They didn't give up after Van Helsing flop, Dracula Untold flop, so why give up after Mummy, which maybe underperformed in USA but was worldwide hit, with biggest opening for Tom Cruise movies ever.
They put too much into this, to just drop it.

hot figures..

It's liked i watched four different films in 2 hours.

There are parts I liked but then there's stupid cartoonish shit.
It never settled down and decided what it wanted to do.

It was poorly constructed and I think everyone involved wanted something different and somehow expected it to work.

>Jekyll and Hyde/Prodigem is fine but felt like Shield in marvels capeshit, Russel Crowe and the fight scene is awful.
>Tom Cruise acts like he is in a different film. It is wonderful but it doesn't work because this isn't a character piece. Him losing his best friend and him being haunted would be fine in a serious film but here it comes across like a comedy although that actor (nick from New Girl) plays it well.
>Ahmanet was fine but what she wanted to do was unclear. She both wanted Tom Cruise and loved him? and wanted to sacrifice him to Set so he could rule?
>Silly action sequences which were so jarring.- The Ambulance chase, the plane scene and the Underground scene with the underwater part all stick out in this.

I feel bad for not liking it more but it was a mess of a film. Either play the film seriously or not. You cannot do both.

Hmm, you got some points. Agree.
I actually liked how the movie doesn't stick to 1 certain genre. It is successfully mixing adventure moments with action bits and even horrors or psychological stuff. Everything finished with a lovestory and a bit of humor. There aren't many movies like that. I guess that's why it got all the hate. Critics and audience are used to movies within single genre. And here comes a movie that breaks out of these patterns.
It's flawed, not saying it's great but that's pretty interesting and can't remember when seen something that strange.

Hot undead chick in sexy bondage is something that /tv won't forget.
Remember when Suicide Squad got released? Everyone shitting on it, but still 15 threads about sexy Harley Quinn.
It's the same now.

I'm not opposed to it in film but here it was too jarring.

When you goto Prodigem it's okay and then Jekyll turns up and Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe fight and it's just silly.

>It's flawed, not saying it's great but that's pretty interesting and can't remember when seen something that strange.

I can. Promethues and Alien Covenant do that and again it doesn't really work. You alienate people so no one comes out satisfied.
The Engineer stuff in promethues is really interesting and original but then it descends into horror and just becomes dull.
Alien Covenenant is a sequel and so when the plot from Promethues get picked up it's really interesting to those that liked it but again in turns into generic Alien horror.
Both of these have weird out of the place scenes.
That's why the Dark Universe idea isn't necessarily a bad one it's just that it will descend into capeshit. It doesn't need to be that.
I'm not sure how you can do it better.

of course

Liked Prometheus, but Alien Covenant was awful.
The crew acting like bunch of teenagers from cheap slasher pissed me off. I know there is some stupidity needed in Alien/space/horror movies, but damn Alien Covenant takes stupidity to new level.

Back to Mummy. Agree about that fight, but it was necessary to create chaos and make sure dr Jekyll is busy. Otherwise Ahmanet wouldnt be able to get free (holy damn loved how she climbs up that chain - like a creepy spider) and escape to continue the movie.

Watch Alien Covenant again it's not as bad as you think. I thought it was okay but it wasn't the Promethues sequel I wanted.

Why didn't they just have Jekyll have a fit or comething, why did they have to do that silly fight scene.

The film has some really nice touches/scenes:
-Knight Zombies
-Underwater swim sequence
-Police poessesion film

But they never gel. It's like BvS again It never fully works because they are just a collection of well filmed ideas.

These Funko are cancer.
I would pay 4-6 time more for proper Ahmanet scale figure.

no no silly user, Hyde is supposed to look like a completely different person from Jekyll. Crowe!Hyde is obviously Crowe!Jekyll with contacts and grey skin.
Very uncreative

>It's like BvS again
This. I had similar feeling as with "BvS", both are flawed but got solid moments. Just prefer "Mummy" more coz it's better grounded. You don't see Batman and Superman flying around fictional Gotham or Metropolis, no, You see Tom Cruise running across streets of London and hall of Natural Museum. Ahmanet crowling along ruins in Surrey. This is nice touch, I guess americans can't really relate but it gives nice realistic feeling.

Me, it would be better without any Dr. Jekyll stuff tho. Most of the hate comes from mongs that keep expecting the "original" Brendan movies.

I did.

got this pic in bigger resolution and without watermark, enjoy
she got lovely dress here

It had a waifu and Cruise. By default it is at least watchable and better than most MCU flicks.

I liked that to but it's not necessary.
I enjoyed the Natural History muesuem though, recognising various rooms.

There's much more interesting things you could do with that setting.

How would an undead lady react to seeing a whole room full of Mummies? Or death masks, treasure ripped from their tombs?
That would be a very interesting to see in a film and here it's right under their noses. (The Mummy Returns also does the British Musuem and completely misses that)

But the problem with the dark Knight films is that it suddenly becomes too real. In Nolan's Batman films, Superman couldn't exist because it is our world. Gotham isn't some awful crime ridden city, it's not a real american city with real american problems. TDK and TDKR ruined that setting.

It was fun and more interesting than Marvel stuff. I still can't help but think RLM was right and that to max out shekels, they should have just made moderately budgeted thriller/scary movies.

>How would an undead lady react to seeing a whole room full of Mummies? Or death masks, treasure ripped from their tombs?
I think these are in Museum of London, it's another one, not Natural History Museum they used in movie.

Yeah you are right. I conflate the two together. It's the British Museum that has the mummies.

It's would still make a great setting.

Damn, not a /fa/g myself but that dress is GOAT

There is 1 little thing I really like in this movie. It shows ISIS warriors destroying ruins of ancient civilizations.
I'm glad this movie did rather well outside USA because this may give some attention to this problem.
It's sad that these things survived centuries but now bunch of crazy faggots is all that takes to destroy them.
Been in Egypt, Turkey and other countries long before all that terrorism started. Too bad my grandchildren won't be able to see some of these historical landmarks :(

giv mummy gf

Given ;)

have one, took screen myself, coz so fucking hard to find full-HD pics on google

Just finished the movie, thanks to this thread.
AWFUL dialogues, cringe Marvel-tier humor. Action is nice, bit too much Tom Cruise but HOLY FUCKING DAMN you were right about her. Mummy princess is literally perfect.

mummy pusy wet?

concept Ahmanet was nice too

You really have to have very low standards to find this good. Everything it tried to do failed spectacularly, there is little to nothing to the characters, it's just run of the mill standard Hollywood action/adventure shit.

I love Cruise, which is why I gave it a shot.
But even he couldn't save this mess.
I can even forgive people for liking shit like BvS or something, enjoying this film is a bridge too far.

BvS is just CGI-driven clash of 2 iconic superheroes.
In one of previous Mummy threads some user pointed similarities to Bram Stoker (Dracula guy) novel about female mummy - Jewel of Seven Stars.
Movie indeed got a bit of "seductive mummy" themes from these obscure XIX novels. Surprising it took Hollywood so long to do something like that.
Even Ahmanet name is similar to Amunuhet from one of these books.

I think one nice thing is that the Mummy is a modern movie that wasn't ashamed to have an attractive female marketed front and center. The movie is filled with bondage imagery and sexual tension between Cruise and Ahmanet, to the point where most people wanted him to hook up instead of boring archaeologist girl. Ahmanet is a strong female character without pandering. Hilariously the Mummy, despite being kind of a trainwreck, managed to do two things that Marvel has been completely unable to do: have a strong, interesting villain, and have a well-written female character.

I love Tom Cruise and the movie isn't bad, I enjoyed it

I get it Sofia is hot, you don't need to pretend the movie was good guys. Come on

Good point.
>handsome white male lead
>sexy and strong female villain who is personified sex + that suggestive bondage
>no political agenda
>no SJW pandering
No wonder it's hated. If got released 10 years ago, would be hit.

That's sure thing. We are talking about other little things.
Believe or not, there are people who liked this movie. 70% of google audience, solid half on Amazon customers too. It made 410m, which is a lot considering how critics railed it.

>BASED Cruise becoming god
>pretend to like
Sofia is hot but there are more reasons to like it.

It was really fun tho.

except shes not hot, she looks like a mexican midget that any man can fuck in tijuana for 5$

they should've made main char a funny nig with quips for each dicey sitaution he's stuck in. cruise is a bit too old for shit like this. we need progressive sjw shit in everything now to create "social media buzz" or whatever the fuck. peepo only get excited about tom when he does another iconic role like mission kimpossible

Based

Who do you want to be cast as the Bride?

I really liked the first half, but once Jekyll showed up it turned into a shitty advertisement for an expanded universe and completely sucked.