Is this show worth a watch?

Is this show worth a watch?

Not really

Just skip Freak Show

just the scenes with emma

Eh, it depends.

It's basically a sleazy drama/comedy with supernatural elements and anachronistic music (i.e. a character in the 1950s singing a Lana del Rey song). If you can deal with that, give it a try. First two seasons are enjoyable in a schlocky way. 3 is a good point to bail out.

Just don't watch it expecting an actual horror series

I liked the first couple seasons, but then things just went downhill past that. The characters just get worse.

It's a soap opera with horror elements. The first season is literally ghosts being catty assholes to each other .

and cult

hey I liked Cult, even though it had a shitty predictable ending

>skipping cult

Asylum= best

Cult=worst

Asylum is probably my favourite on account of its first half, but the ayylmao subplot was stupid as fuck, and the series loses all steam once sister Mary Eunice is kill. Nothing after it was any good.

First 2 seasons are good, and then it goes down hill from there. Its like, they kind of seem promising at first, and then they keep adding shit, but it just doesn't work. They forget some subplots, or just end them abruptly, and then some big event happen that change everything and its worse for it. Also they blow their fucking load way to early, every single time. Just knocking people for the fuck of it.

This. Season 3 they ran out of ideas and just started pandering to feminists. The Hotel season was kind of good, but it petered out into nothing.

Roanoke was ok, Kathy bates carried that season. Asylum and freak show were my favorites, hated cult and slogged through coven. Hotel and murder house had some good moments. The rest were mediocre, nothing really amazing but just good enough to keep watching until the ends.

Cult was pretty good though. Coven through Roanoke were the kinda yikes ones.

Cult is great if you want to see Murphy be an absolute madman and troll his liberal audience

I started with Coven and liked it. Then I watched Freak Show and gave up on going back to the earlier seasons.

Murder house, asylum, i think those are the only "good" ones, meaning not entirely shit. i didn't like asylum the first time i watched it cuz its so damn busy, but seeing it a second time, it's pretty decent and enjoyable

I liked murder house a lot. all my roommates did as well, we marathoned it one halloween for shits and there was enough intrigue and enough what the fuck type moments for us to enjoy it while drinking. we had mixed feelings on asylum, i think it did a better job at the horror elements but for reasons another user pointed out thought it kind of fell apart towards the end, especially at the resolution. i gave up after starting coven, thought it was stupid. didn't make it more than 1 episode into freak show and hotel. but i thought roanoke was worth watching, better than i expected.

tldr i'd recommend checking out s1, s2, and s6, drop the rest. cult, hotel, coven and freak show are not good.

roanoke was bad, but once it got to the reality tv show portion, it got fucking BAAAAAD