This is the stupidest, most inane...

This is the stupidest, most inane, least practical fucking castle design in history and I instantly turn off any film or tv show I see that tries to pass it off as anything other than a retarded joke.

Castles are meant to be tall with unbreachable walls. Not an autistic fucking ninja star surround by 2 feet of water.

Helms Deep did it correctly.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_fort
youtube.com/watch?v=l9KnEcbq6JM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Star Forts were a superior fortification design and used well into the age of gunpowder you filthy uneducated philistine

They were made like that in the age of artillery because it's a lot harder to bring down a short thick wall than it is a tall thin one.

>never heard of bastion forts

check out this fucking pleb

>least practical fucking castle design in history
it isnt, its from a time were gunpowder make classic walls obsolete
the idea is to be alble to point as many guns as possible in any direction

>people falling for this bait

Unless I'm being double baited.

is this wakanda?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_fort
The absolute state of OP

>unrealistic
>literally existed in reality

high castle walls mean jack shit when the enemy has cannons, retard. High walls just mean they have an easier target to hit.

I don't care if it's bait a want an autistic history debate.

>the castles&catapults state of OP

Nah its bait. People will still respond.

Looks comfy

i could take that, easy

It's almost like that fort was from 400 years later in time than traditional castles, designed to defend against entirely different types of weapons.

The statue of liberty was built on a military star fort.

What a thread

That's where you should go in the case of a zombie outbreak. Literally no way they are getting in unless they are retarded war z zombies that are like ants.

Almost like we need a wall around our nation to keep the unwanted masses out.

>removed the moat

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Well you know, you could go to

Uh, yeah Gimpy, like whatever the hell you just said.

You don't know a goddamn thing. It's called interlocking fire motherfucker, a strategy that's kept the greatest fort in the greatest state from losing a single battle since it's construction 300 years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=l9KnEcbq6JM
Learn yourself something.

>castles were all built with the same technology
there's hundreds of years of difference between some castles.

It's called a bastion fort, dipshit.
That's how they built Fort Delaware, near where I live. It was one of the most used prisons in the Civil War, and nobody got in or out without the Union's permission.

Thank you for reiterating what everyone else in the thread has already been saying, you redundant ass.

OP you are fucking retarded.

Pretty sure Delaware is a Polygonal fort, the ones that replaced star forts.

>ywn clean out and moisten a bore
shit sucks mang

fuck you

Looks crowded. How can people stand to live in cities of the suburbs where you can see into your neighbors house by staring out yours and directly into theirs 4 feet away.

OMG OP you are so dumb. These are forts not castles and they were used during the cannon age not the middle ages. Furthermore Helms deep is actually a terrible design for a castle

I know right? That's the video they show at the fort, I was there this new years. It's a great fort.

Wrong wrong wrong you moron. These forts actually almost too strong that it basically redefined warfare since you needed a large army just to take one.

>literally a hill overlooking the fort like 100 feet from the castle walls

this fort was taken at least a dozen times, kind of like OP's mom

You can just admit that you're a dumbass who made a stupid thread, don't blame everyone else.

Are you autistic? Go read a wikipedia article, im not going to even bother trying to correct you.

It's also the best because every outside surface is visible from another wall

it's so you can shoot people approaching from any angle and they can't just hide at the base of the walls and set up ladders and shit like helm's deep

My boys from /k/ would open up a can of whoop ass as to why you are dead wrong.

ITT: dense, autistic history losers without a lick of self-awareness fall for the baitiest bait in the history of bait then pretend they didn't get baited

Hey man I visited a fort on vacation and I'm happy to talk about what I learned.

is this a shitpost? because there's no way you dont know about the Battle of Vienna in 1683.

Its called a cannon OP, you should look it up

It's called a fort, not a cannon you absolute retard.

The reason why they invented those types of forts you no brain

What films/tv have you seen where star forts are passed off as jokes?

This is a bait thread, hence why OP hasn't replied.