$200M in budget and $150M in advertising

$200M in budget and $150M in advertising.

Revenue of $192M in the opening weekend domestically and $170M internationally.

Will Black Panther make over $1B by the end of its run? It's a third of the way there.

Nope

>$150M in advertising.
More like 300m given how much its shilled here and every other media

It will need at least 2 billion to break even and not be considered a failure at Disney

Is there any sire that states how much the film's advertising budget was.

Here in the UK I cannot think of any film, bar maybe TPM, or TFA that has received as much exposure as this over the past 3-4 weeks.

why do films cost so much nowadays? where does the majority of that money go?

CGI

Advertising is cheap because people are shilling it for free on Twitter and here.

Waiting to see the box office drop off.

The standard Marvel opening weekend to end gross is over 3x, usually 3.2 - 3.4x Black Panther just needs 2.7x to reach a billion.
Reaching the average would be $1.15 billion
Having Wonder Woman tier legs would be $1.34 billion
These totals are also not accounting for Japan and China.

Including the bribes to governments and puchasing of tickets for blacks?

2 billion? Uh how the fuck are they spending 2 billion making this shit?

STFU, you idiotic cunt

Even at a 50% drop-off, it will make a total of $700M by the end of next week.

Lmao get real

They aren't spending 2 billion but gross isn't profit, they will need at least 2 billion at the box office to breakeven and not be a failure

You're literally advertising it for free here by bumping this thread lmao

Angry wyte boi doesn't want this movie to be successful. When it hits 2B he will say the movie needs 10B to make a profit

They aren't. He's just damage controlling because last week he was claiming the movie would flop

If they arent spending 2 billion? Then why would they need to make 2 billion to break even? Kys nigger

Why do this to yourself? Why make everyone think you're a colossal retard?

you realize disney doesn't get back 2 billion if it makes 2 billion right? stupid nigger, learn accounting

The fact is I'm laughing at niggers who think this is a success, it probably cost around 500 million in marketing and will need 2 billion to recoup, it was pure charity movie for Disney that they were willing to take a loss at.

still looking for the panther man tweet

How salty can you get? Incredible.

>Homecoming is flat out stated as having one of the biggest marketing budgets ever and it was $140 million
>B-black Panther had a $500 million marketing budget I s-swear because Cred Forums spammed clickbait articles
Embarrassing

What are you even saying? If a movie costs less than 2 billion to make then you don't need to 2 billion to break even. You need less than 2 billion.

This movie was nowhere near 2 billion to make and advertise. Probably 500 mil tops.

>being this angry at a movies earnings
LMAO @ your life

You dont know math good.
It only takes 500 mil to recoup 500 million. Anything past that is profit. And profit is good.

I'm talking about box office dummie, it will need 2 billion at the box office to break even. You realize Disney doesn't get ALL the box office right

Christ this flick being a massive success really ravaged you huh?

>he believes unsourced hollywood accounting figures
lmao end yourself

You're a complete fucking idiot. Rogue One grossed $1.055 billion on a $200 million budget, same as Black Panther, and most definitely had a bigger marketing budget because it's you know, Star Wars?
Rogue One made $319 million straight profit. Using this as a basis we can say that Black panther needs around $700 million to break even. It will pass that in 2 weeks.

I think a lot of people will go see it multiple times to ensure it succeeds but no I don't think it will break a billion, probably will peak at 800 million

>Revenue of $192M/2

How many people do you think are exposed to this thread right, you fat nigger?

I am an overt and vocal racist, to the point that I have removed all childhood black friends from my life, I refuse to work in the same place as a black person, I consistently shame race-mixers on social media, and I have legitimately moved out of a neighborhood because a black person moved in down the street, in 2018.

I still ended up watching this movie and I enjoyed it.

It's a positive flick, good fantasy for the blacks, makes them feel empowered, and lets them have a hero figure, which is better than the typical hip hop, drug lord, crime culture they are used to.

You REALLY suck dick at math

I kind of doubt 1 billion global. Wonder Woman only did 819 billion global, with a 50/50 domestic/foreign box office split. BP looks pretty similar. Most people outside the US don't care about America's race and gender navel-gazing. It does not effect them.

shareholders

You are the worst goddamn shill I've ever seen

This is what Cred Forums ACTUALLY, LITERALLY, GENUINELY believes.

>comparing this kino to that piece of DC schlock

Hi disney intern

seething cuck boi

Box office doesn't matter.

Black Panther will make 3 billion in toys alone. He looks like an edgier batman.

SeeEven below average legs for Marvel would have this movie making a billion.
Wonder Woman's opening weekend was $222 million
Black Panthers was $361 million

I will rape your anus. Disney shit

WW only made $819 million global, with remarkably strong legs. $819 million is not 1 billion.

>2 billion
>2 break even
*Breathes in*

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you really a nigger or larping? I was only saying they didnt spend 2 billion making it. I said nothing about how much it is or isn't going to make. That said it will certainly not break 2 billion. Probably more like 1.3-1.4

This board is OBSESSED with black panther

I was gonna say go back to Cred Forums, but I don't even think they're this stupid. This is something special

Think about it, people:

Wonder Woman was set in Europe, during WW1
WW had English, French and German characters
WW did not bring up European imperialism
WW was marketed as a feminist movie, in accordance with EU dogma
WW characters had familiar, European names

So... why would PB do better in Europe than WW?

>my face when brainlets ask others to think

>forgetting about disney bulk buying tickets for INNER CITY YOUTH

How much are you payed to shill this movies non-stop?
Don't forget people, sage and hide BP threads

Naturally, I did not suggest YOU think, sir. I never expect the impossible! ; )

Tell me realistically why this movie wouldn't make $1 billion?

Think about it. White super heroes, you might like Superman, or Batman, you have choices, you're not going to take the time to see every single one, and even fans might not take the time to see a new Batman movie because they've seen so much Batman before already.

But this, it's the first black Superhero movie (not really but it will be received that way), they don't have dozens of options to choose from, they have this, and they will all go to see it. On top of that it's being hailed as a "revolutionary" black film idealizing Africa, so black people who wouldnt normally care about a Superhero flick will go to see this and take all their kids.

With how black culture videos and hip hop reach a billion views on Youtube, I can see this movie breaking a billion dollars easily.

yes is good movie

Blacks make up about 13% of the American population- about the same as Hispanics. A substantial niche market, but still niche- and limited mostly to North America.

Ironically, the global market is so used to multi-ethnic casts in movies... Black Panther's mostly black ensamble is probably a liability overseas.

Just saw it. First Marvel movie in a while that's good on its own, instead of relying on a famous character counter

No one gives a shit. Only Americans have this obsession with race.

Next weekend will be the determiner
opening weekends often reflect hype, but not the staying power
I don't think a lot of people will go to repeat showings of black panther, which is the key to longevity

SEETHING wyte boiz in here

For real though, why are white people so salty?

I'm surprised there weren't more threads about how JUSTice League'd this got.

>flagship movie of the DC EU
>made the least money

>$150M in advertising
That sounds way too high considerign they used viral marketign and almost no TV ads. The only tv ads you see for panther are the lexus ads (paid for by lexus).

Thor Ragnarock had way more advertising that panther, since panther was carried entirely by social media buzz. Thor needed more exposure so they spend more.

>Through October 22, the studio has spent an estimated $11.5 million overall on Thor: Ragnarok promotion on national TV.

Most modern marvel films spent a fraction of what WB spent on JL or WW.

Marvel really has a comic book character named Black Panther? and he's black?

Imagine being so retarded that you think any significant amount of money is spent advertising on Cred Forums

The character was created in 1966, so his name has a sort of a blaxploitation vibe.

They should make a character called Klan Man

The black panther organization dint even exist yet when the character was created.

Literally you sweetie