Why exactly did this become something more than just standard capeshit...

Why exactly did this become something more than just standard capeshit? It seems like everyone wants this to be something more than a generic superhero movie.

>Why exactly did this become something more than just standard capeshit?
It didn't. Media are trying to make it, but it isn't.

It's above average Capeshit for sure

howso? It seems bog standard to me.

cuz muh black history

>seems like (((everyone))) wants this to be something more than a generic superhero movie

>(((Cohen)))
>us white people

It’s significant in that it’s the first 200+ million dollar blockbuster to star a predominantly black cast.

Worth celebrating considering that’s a benchmark in itself.

How am I supposed to believe Africans are the top in advanced technology? Can also deal with a gun shot wound in a day. Shit was bugging me throughout the whole movie.

The political aspects. Narratively speaking the movie doesn't deviates from the classic Marvel origin story but it's quite amazing how the themes were well received by people from widly different political positions. It's the kind of superhero movie that gets people talking afterwards thus elevating it above the usual fare of the genre.

>Wakanda top in advanced technology
>Tony Stark builds a new Iron Man suit every week just for fun

Best capeshit I've ever seen for sure

It was a movie with a black lead actor. This has never happened in all of history. This one revolutionary act has undone all racism and made the real world into a utopia forever. Nobel Prize winning material.

As a POC, this film made me feel proud and finally given my culture the recognition it deserves.

By not being racist for starters

To sell tickets to niggers. It worked. Get ready to see more pandering.

It’s significant if you care about that sort of thing

>It's the kind of superhero movie that gets people talking
Are people talking?

>It's the kind of superhero movie that gets people talking

Apparently $200 million-worth of people care about that sort of thing.

But y'know go ahead and convince yourself that people care about your single opinion.

Yet its average for a big budget capeshit movie and its being advertised twice as much also NICE TRIP YOU GAY BITCH

>POC is a culture
What single land do the POC people come from?

Wakanda

>protagonist is a nationalist and a king
>villain is a revolutionary, but cartoonishly bloodthirsty
>protagonist gives CIA technology to kill his fellow citizens
>in the end, protagonist warms up to extremely tepid neoliberal reformism and charity work
Literal CIA propaganda.