Alien general thread?

Alien, Aliens, Alien Resurrection. There might of been some other movies that get included in there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1bd9L5Tw7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Was it just me or was there an above average number of qts in Covenant?

Too bad the movie was below average.

>don't mind me, just running through a hallway post-cesarean fleeing my killer baby squid
Fucking garbage

adrenaline

Actresses are usually above average in looks

So we're agreed that the Engineers are a dumb invention and the Space Jockeys in the original film were 10x more mysterious and unknowable?

Its been overlooked that this is the "chicken salad sandwich" scene of our generation.

Were those Engineers or something else in Covenant?

Why in the fuck would anyone watch that? Just look at the cast you get McBride and me2 guy, they fucking nailed it on your highness because of the contrast between how underrated mcbride was they needed some kind of counter part and couldn't find a modern fabio but managed to work it out anyway.

Can you not talk about it that way. The thing that bothers me about prometheus is people trying to retroactively explain it from the movie not prometheus2. Stand alone film, it's interesting enough to talk about.

They were another subspecies, like humans

It's your average sci-fi movie. Absolutely destroys normie sci-fi shit like Passengers or Life but still has its share of issues.

In its defence though, plenty of those issues come from juggling internal quality with trying to tie it to the original films.

Prometheus would have been better if it was completely removed from the Aliens. The Deacon scene at the close of the movie would have been more than enough for me. We didn't need a lazy sequel explaining how the Xenos were created. I don't need to see every step of their evolution.

Alien is the best overall, Aliens is great, Alien 3 is also great just for how fucking depressing it is. I love how the happy ending of Aliens is immediately overruled in the beginning of 3. That's just the kind of universe the Alienverse is. In a strange way, it makes the ending of Aliens seem more like a miracle.

Adrenaline doesn't last that long, remember she would end up fleeing an enraged engineer, run and dodge a crashing spaceship, etc. etc.
>Can you not talk about it that way.

Sure

>I found it to be poor writing the Shaw was able to both fight and flee for the next hour after having a cesarean section to remove an alien squid monster from her womb.

Ok, want to know something user? The plot sounds dumber when I type it out politely.

>lame asspull is good writing
“No”

Someone on here once hypothesised that the Engineers that go into space Engineer themselves bigger and stronger to deal with the stresses of space travel, or it's just something all their military do, I like that idea.

What's the most underrated film in the franchise? I used to think it was Alien vs. Predator because it's a really great atmospheric film but nobody ever talks about it, but I'm wondering it the title might really go to Prometheus which everyone seemed to completely shit on.

Top Tier opinion, the depressive air of Alien 3 is the closest to the original any of the sequels got and that's why I love it so much. The opening montage and that terrifying soundtrack really set the tone perfectly:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1bd9L5Tw7k

The predators were engineering them for sport

Not engineering, just forcibly breeding them in the most non l-lewd way possible. Totally awesome.

How is forced breeding not suppose to be lewd?

I don't know how they managed it but I didn't see no King Alien or Horny Predator involved.

face huggers mouth raping people is lewd senpai

franchise needs to die
haven't had a good movie since the 80s

Prometheus and Covenant make me look back on A3 and Resurrection with more forgiveness.

What is it with films from the 90s to lets say 2006 looking... "dated"?
Is it the film stock used?
Look at American Pie. Looks old.
Look at Punch Drunk Love, looks crisp.
Fucking Hostel looks like it's from the 90s.
Mulholland Dr, looks dated. Not a knock on the film itself, I love Lynch but still.
I don't mean set pieces, I mean the actual look of the film itself.
Why is this? That certain look where you see and know "90s/mid 2000s".

Alien looks fucking gorgeous

Another example. The Thin Red Line.
Gorgeous. But then again, Terry knows what he's doing when it comes to technical shit and film itself

The cast in this apart from Fassbender is completely forgettable I forgot what any of the women even looked like

I really have no idea.
Probably because it was switching from actual film to digital. Older grainier type of photos just look more realistic to me. I think it has to do with how old you are. Like pic is normal to me. Digital doesn't look as good because sets generally don't have any lighting what so ever and are probably shot on a green screen the majority of the time it has an uncanny valley kind of thing going on with it. A lot of stuff also gets converted to digital and run through a tint kind of filter in an attempt to kind of set a mood for it.

Best scene ever :^)

>europe.png