Luke killed in post?

What's up with the rumor that Rian Johnson killed off Luke in post production? Anything to it? What do we think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=FntZKz9fXp8
twitter.com/hamillhimself/status/945889228998639616
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a hack Im sure he thought having a heart attack after astral projecting was a fitting end to a beloved character.

Didn't Hamill say he didn't even know that Luke died.

big if true

I wouldn't be surprised. Rian clearly has no respect for the OT.

>Didn't Hamill say he didn't even know that Luke died.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

>Rian clearly has no respect for the OT.

youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g

(and that's a good thing)

His face says it all.

No they're gonna bring him back somehow the fans want it. Just do a Gandalf thing.

he knew, he told rain he didn't agree with it

think he's on drugs here

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

That was fucked up they didn't tell him. That was just cruel. I wonder what he did?

Why isn't she in pain from the low pressure?

does it bother anyone else that he milks the teet wrong? You dont press down to make the milk come out.

was he on drugs here?

>body cuts through the hologram of snoke's ship in the place the ship gets cut through later
It really is a shame the script was so awful, cuz there's some pretty kino shots desu

Pretty sure its true. If you look at him before the premiere he's happy, jumping up and down etc.
After he's well, ya know
youtube.com/watch?v=FntZKz9fXp8
Skip to 3:08 for before footage
They fucked him over and to take one more shit on him, they didnt tell him luke dies.

>powerful legacy of black men
>Finn's character got completely shafted

What did they mean by this?

and he only survived like a coward on that island due to some female breasts

He's too short to be a powerful black man.

>having to explain your space fantasy movie joyless manchildren all day every day for months on end

However much Johnson is getting paid it should be double.

>Imagine being Mark Hamill
>Get small part as farm boy in scifi take on classic fairy tale
>Movie is a huge success
>Make two more movies
>Pour heart and soul into character
>Character you are most well known for
>Get told in 80's by Lucas that you can reprise your role in 2010's
>Ok
>2010's role around
>Lucas: Hey Mark its time to make the sequels, you ready? Ford and Fischer already signed on
>Gang will be back together
>Get to reprise your favorite and most beloved role after over 30 years
>GlorydaysHereWeCome.jpg
>Sign contract
>Lucas sells rights to Disney
>Whatsgoingon.gif
>Get promises from Kathleen kennedy and JJ that they'll do a good job and youre needed
>Get 0 screen time in first movie
>Told you'll be a big part in the next movie
>HereWEGOBITCHES.webm
>Read script
>WTF.png
>Voice concern over character changes
>Say they need to think about the fans
>Get told your opinion doesn't matter
>Like some of the stuff your hearing Colin Trevorrow is going to do with 9
>Hope is alive
>Trevorrow is fired and replaced with guy that basically kept you out of first movie
>Fuck it
>Do 8 for the dollars
>Think you gave a good performance and youll be back for the next one, could be better than this one
>Go to premiere
>So happy and alive
>More alive than you have been since the OT
>Watch movie
>They killed you in post production
>Think about strangling that gay manlet in front of the media outside the premiere

Wouldn't Edris Elba have made a better Captain Phasma (with a name change of course???) If we were going to have a rogue storm trooper, regardless of casting decisions, wouldn't that character have been better as a somewhat dark, brooding, traumatized guy (in a way appropriate for a film for all audiences) instead of solely utilized for jokes and humor? Wouldn't it be great if old characters who died were killed off with some fanfare? Wouldn't it be great if we were given some explanation or explanation of new characters who died? Wouldn't it be great if there was some continuity between the films of this new saga?

It's been a long slow decline

They JUSTed him

Can't have a black villain. ALL the bad guys in these movies are white men.

I'll bet you anything that the script said that Luke sits and watches the binary sunset, and as he does, his X-Wing slowly rises into frame, water still pouring from it.

The look of war veteran tier shellshock on his face coming out of the theater, looking like he wanted to fucking murder Johnson who just gushed and gushed next to him

also he definitely got a "visit" from disney goons to shut his mouth about his criticisms. they were going viral all over and he suddenly did a 180 on everything.

maybe partially because SW fans swamped him for insider details and confirmation bias fuel. which might've spooked him into going in the opposite direction and just encouraging everyone to not take the film so seriously

Hamil betrayed you and bent over backward to disney. Why do you still keep shilling for him?
This is pathetic.

Rian was secretly our guy all along.

Literally came into SW and destroyed the entire story. It's unfixable without some giant alternate timeline asspull or huge time shift back to a prequel or far into the future.

Yeah its obvious Disney told him to keep quiet. Its too bad. Fans would have easily sided with him over Disney. He didn't have anything to lose either. They destroyed and killed his character.
Had he torn the development of the film and Disney to shreds he would be even more beloved than he was.

Didn't like Disney Wars

Won't really work since original SW fans aren't picking up what disney is putting down.

At this point its super clear that Rian Johnson actually hated Star Wars and just wanted to give its fanbase the finger for shits and giggles.

>our guy

Only a Feminist deals in absolutes. I will do what i most.

A ruse.

If you were in charge of Soy Wars you are telling me you wouldn't tweet that?

So he also married a hideous turbo feminist as part of this ruse?

Note the literal halo above her head

She's a "martyr" who suicides herself 9/11 style

This is subliminal brainwashing to program SJWs in the audience to be OK with and even commit terrorism against the "evil white male patriarchy"... to defeat this "evil" at all costs

It's really fucked up if you think about it

the problem is that a lot of mindless fucking drones are still eating it up. it's like hideaki anno with evangelion. he would try to ruin the series but the fans were so rabid they even ate up media that was purposefully spiting them.

If only he stayed true to star wars and just kept it anti republican I would have been cool with it, as republicans are actual cancer who deserve 9/11s. But he went to far empowering sjws. Just give me good guys killing space nazis and ill be happy.

you would only be in pain if you held air in the lungs, if you released all the air, you will not have any problems surviving for around 1-2min in space, even normal human can do it.

As opposite to all the sci-fi movies you dont just instantly freeze over once you are in vacuum. Heat radiats really slowly in space since there literally no friction like water or air to absorb it

>republicans are actual cancer who deserve 9/11s
Say when, you little child-gelding vote-rigging fuck.

I'll never forget watching TFA and the first line of the opening crawl saying that Luke was missing like it was a big deal. What an awful thing Star Wars has become. It's all worse from here, boys.

damn, NASA should save millions then and just give their astronauts SCUBA gear for space walks

>Note the literal halo above her head
>halo
Its a yamaka goy.

Yummy space milkers

the suits are pressurized so that you can breath in them. IF they werent pressurized and you breathed in air, all your blood vessels would burst.

>So he also married a hideous turbo feminist as part of this ruse?
Post pics

see
on the right

>im mary poppins yall!
Woudent they all get sucked out as they open that door?

He chooses to do that.

oh god...

>unneeded political commentary is okay as long as it's my politics

baka senpai

White mails must die

Im sure it's cause Hamill wasn't playing ball with their agenda, so they 'let him go'. That certainly explains why he went from heavy criticism of the franchise to complete apologetic cock sucker. He wants his job back and was shown his place.

if solo bombs like transformers. then they'll be coughing up all kinds of retcons. the power is yours.

white sentimentality and feminsim weaponized.

Mark Hammil should have walked away decades ago. He stayed loyal for all those years only to get stabbed in the heart by a grinning stranger.

I honestly don't get why this scene is memed on so hard. It was one of the few pieces of actual world-building the movie had. People drink from cows IRL, so what's wrong with a resourceful Star Wars character drinking from a space-cow?

>(((world-building)))

The rumor is based off his reaction in the beginning of this videoHe never once said that. IIRC he even disproved it.

Yes. But the scene just cuts there so don't think about it. This movie does that a lot where a scene just ends and then when it comes back the mechanics of how someone got somewhere else just never has to be explained.

Like when Rey leaves Kylo unconscious and escapes after the Supremacy is hit. They never show it, they just give a line that she's gone now. She just left him there.

Or when Phasma is about to execute Finn and Rose and then the Supremacy is hit. Phasma is somehow teleported from being right next to them to way the fuck over on the other side of the hanger so she can have a scene where she emerges from the door with smoke.

This whole movie is a series of teleportations. That'll make it easier for the writers of the next movie to say it was all a hallucination made by Snoke, who is really alive and actually has something interesting going on.

Not true. Virtually any true fan of the OT watched this movie at least once.

Interesting argument, but you have not swayed me.

Because it was clearly done in such a way as to reduce and diminish Luke as a respectful character. He lets it get in his beard and is a gross old man sucking down weird gross milk from a weird gross animal.

I think they sold the scene to Luke as him pulling a Yoda by acting like a crazy old man to test Rey to get him to go along with it, but really he's actually just a pathetic, sad, grumpy old creepy waste because he has to be completely assassinated for some reason.

It's true. All of it.

>Playing dumb to this extent

What did he mean by this

>caring this much

>(((for some reason)))

It's a shame because that line was actually really well delivered and shot. One of the few things that really worked in the new movies.

lmao he's like the only actor from the OT that gave a shit about his character, fisher needed the cocaine money, ford did it so his character would get killed off and he could be done with star wars, hamill was the only one that gave half a flying shit if it would of been a good movie or not. His character only got the ax because it was the only OT character that couldn't get a prequel movie. That's so dumb.

TLJ was only made because the OT and Luke were loved by audiences. Pretty disingenuous of mouse apologists to try to pretend I'm the idiot for caring about Luke when this movie's only purpose was to cash in on that. Go be an ironic nihilist elsewhere.

I didn't see read the scene as "crazy old man", more like he was just going about his business to tell Rey to fuck off. If anything it made look like he had his shit together, having a wholes system to keep himself fed and whatnot. And this is coming from someone who hated this movie and thought it shat an his character overall. I just don't see this scene as being that bad.

>graphic sexual imagery
Not really. As for Rey's reaction, imagine a young girl who's never been to a farm before and sees an experienced farmer milking a actual cow being milk. They might weirded out, but but they're a little naive. Also I don't remember if Luke's stance is "bizarre", but you'd have to crouch to milk any real animal, generally. Also I wouldn't say the space-cow was "deliberately gross and disgusting", sure it's odd but it mostly looks like morphed walrus + nu-wars alien face.

I can see the male-submitting-to-female symbolism being possible, but it seems like a stretch to me.

Not true. Some of us just like spoilers.

>having to explain your feminist fantasy movie to non-feminists

fucked a sentence up it's 4am here lel, just read it as
>sees an experienced farmer milking an actual cow.

The exact opposite, he open says that the rumor that Luke was killed in post production and he didn't know about is false.

twitter.com/hamillhimself/status/945889228998639616

Am I crazy or is this a look-a-like? I don't normally find Hamill as handsome as the guy in this picture

Oh. My. God. Why would you do that why would you show Luke Skywalker pressing alien tits holy goddamn fuck

>user we need to know how he gets food

We absolutely do not, we didnt know how Yoda gets food fuck

Blue lightsaber so it might be from before the accident.

He's just handsome

He was a chad before the accident

You lose heat via dessication as all the moisture boils out of your skin due to the zero pressure environment. Your cells seek to replace that lost moisture by osmosis, dehydrating you as more and more of the water in your body migrates to the surface. As it's your body's heat that fuels the process, heat is carried away in the escaping water vapor. In essence, you become your own hyper-thin, rapidly expanding "atmosphere" conducting heat away from your own body.

tldr; girl power

TLJ was the first episodic Star Wars I skipped. I have no intention of watching it or IX when that comes out.

If a cow was turned like that to sit on it's back legs instead of on all fours, maybe it would work

this process doesnt take instantly like i wrote, it takes few minutes for you to die and not instantly explode or freeze over like scifi movies shows

Jews can not fight desire to put some degeneracy into art. I bet they wanted him to suck it out directly originally but then decided it will have to with till ep9.

Notice precisely zero "critics" calling him out for so empty and hamfisted a use of symbolism?

Yeah.

Luke likes big milkies

i is dumb, what does this image convey?

Cherrypicked images where the dude supposedly has halo-like light imagery above his head, dunno about the first one. It's babbies first day at cinematography tier bullshit.

That through his humanitarian projects like cleaning up the damage in Metropolis and his philanthropy like the charity dinner for the library, and his self-deprecating, quirky demeanor, the world was coming to see Luthor as a sort of saint, his "halo," once distant, growing ever closet, at least until that facade crumbled and fell away.

A halo?

Correct but it is quite painful (at least according to that guy that was accidentally decompressed), just not rapidly lethal if you don't hold your breath. On the positive side you lose consciousness very rapidly.

He was threatened by Disney and the guy talking to him is clearly a fucking shill. Idk mang.

>We absolutely do not, we didnt know how Yoda gets food fuck
He sucked on the food tendril of a giant bloated swamp plant.

Mark Hammil was absolutely betrayed by George Lucas and the rest of the Star Wars estate. What they did to him is like if you took an elderly old ww2 vet out into a field and shot him, pissed on his corpse, and started heiling Hitler. SHAME on the house of Lucas.

>food tendril