/blk/ - Black Panther General

Number one movie in the world.
Number one album on the Billboard 200.
Second best reviewed film of all time on Rotten Tomatoes.
A+ on CinemaScore
RedLetter Media recommends it.
Fifth largest domestic opening ever.
Best comic book villain since Heath Ledger's Joker

All the naysayers have been proven wrong. We did it, lads. We won.

Get in here and celebrate!

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=JQbjS0_ZfJ0

Will Panther continue to dominate and have the legs of Wonder Woman? Will it drop off like Last Jedi? Can the inevitable sequel top this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/brayzin/status/964301802148679685
twitter.com/LordBalvin/status/964296664197599233
thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/374343-black-voter-registration-effort-launched-at-black-panther-screenings
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Actually the actuals for the 3-day gross are coming in over $200 so looking at a $230-250 4 day.

its amazing how disney is still managing to make a billion dollars per generic comic book movie

Adjusted and CORRECT facts.
>402nd movie in the world
>17th place on Billboard 200
>not even top 1000 on RT
>C on CinemaScore
>RedLetter Media charged after taking bribes to promote movie
>Largest domestic opening ever from shills
>Niggers

WE #1 twitter.com/brayzin/status/964301802148679685

WE #2 twitter.com/LordBalvin/status/964296664197599233

Feels like every other superhero movie breaks some record nowadays.

>This Cred Forums asshurt

Still not gonna see it

>Delivers Three-Fifths Largest Opening

Fixed

>jewish brainwashing doesn't wor....

>that projection

well to be fair this is the first time in what 15 years we've had a major motion action/fantasy/sci-fi picture that dealt with that didn't have British, Nordic, or Greek mythology as the foundation for the movie.

If anything this movie is "new and fresh" as much as I hate using that terminology it seems to be true here and I would assume that this is what audiences are responding to, I responded fairly positive to it disregarding some plot holes.

Sssh now. No tears.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

There is no better feeling than I told you so.

So all those claims of Black Panther opening to a 215 million dollar three day weekend turned out to be empty hype, just like the 100% RT review.

What a surprise.

Can someone explain to me how black people can claim to be oppressed when all they need to do is shit out a generic, lazy capeshit picture and the result is literally treated like Star Wars meets Citizen Kane?

They're literally playing life on easy mode.

And all of this when it's been established as a movie it's sub AntMan-tier. That tells you the power of gaslighting.

no it isn't, it's much better than Ant-Man

It's ant-man with worse production values, action, better interpersonal conflict and black people. If AntMan is 6, this is 6, for different reasons. It's better than CW which was a solid 45 RT bribed by Disney, but that's saying very little.

Why aren't you talking about the actual movie you fucking shill?

You're wrong, but that's ok.

Ant-Man had just about the worst villain in any Marvel movie and it was super boring, I'd put Ant-Man at 4.5/10.

This at least had some real characters in it, and it was more entertaining than Thor 3 at the very least, I'd say better than Guardians 2 as well since Guardians 2 had a such a poor story and didn't handle the characters well at all.

>the worst villain in any Marvel movie

Not sure how much we should really care about any of the Marvel villains, since Marvel/Disney sure fucking doesn't. Loki is the only one I think that's survived longer than the credits of his first appearance.

HOW WILL Cred Forums EVER RECOVER?!?

Civil War is the best MCU film. Your opinion is trash

>inb4 the greenscreen gif/webm

The usual post-release hype for a major release. Nothing new.

WAKANDA FOREVER

I'm glad it's doing so well. I honestly think it's true kino and one of the finest films ever made. On top of that it sends exactly the right message we need to hear in this dark age we live in.

heh.

Batroc is still alive, and Crossbones died in a different movie, but that's it.

But here’s where it gets wild: Rivals are literally forecasting that BP could take the record for the second best 4-day opening of all-time with $241M-$243M after Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($288M). In that case, Black Panther would slaughter the Friday-Monday hauls of Avengers ($226.3M) Jurassic World ($234.1M), and, yes, Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($241.6M).

The second best 4-day in the history, only behind The Force Awakens. Rememeber, TFA went on to beat Avatar and make $945M in NA alone. BP is going to become one of the biggest film in NA history

I highly doubt that. It looks Civil War tier shit.

>Batroc
did he survive the attack on the ship at the beginning of winter soldier? I honestly don't remember. Thought he jumped into the water.

>Based BP cleansing Cred Forums of the Cred Forums infestation.

BP, second coming of Christ confirmed

My Marvel Rankings.

Iron Man - 5/10
The Incredible Hulk - 3/10
Iron Man 2 - 4/10
Thor - 1/10
Captain American: The First Avenger - 1/10
Marvel's The Avengers - 2/10
Iron Man 3 - 5/10
Thor: The Dark World - Did Not Watch
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Did Not Watch
Guardians Of The Galaxy - 6/10
Avengers: Age Of Ultron - 1/10
Ant-Man - 6/10
Captain America: Civil War - 1/10
Doctor Strange - 4/10
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 - 6/10
Spider-Man: Homecoming - 3/10
Thor: Ragnarok - Did Not See Yet
Black Panther - Did Not See Yet

What will my rating for Black Panther be, do you think?

Yeah, they said it was going to have the biggest three day behind TFA and TLJ, and they were wrong.

>Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Did Not Watch
I agree with your list. But you should watch this. It's def the best Marvel movie. Solid 7/10.

They are really smart. Movie is completely random, just another so-so super hero movie. But they made a great marketing job with the black power. The mouse knows the game.

that's what everyone says, he isn't confirmed dead.

Black Panther is very similar to Iron Man 1 so 5/10, but I can't believe you rated something like Iron Man 3 so high on that list it's not a good movie by any metric.

I watched the first five minutes on netflix and it was so insanely bad that I had to turn it off. I don't think I can work up the energy to watch the rest.

I remember enjoying the villain and not being bored until the final act.

I don't read capeshit comics, never have, and never watched the cartoons, so all my tastes are based solely on how they play as movies.

That's fine but there are so many problems with that movie, a big one being that the president is strung up in a fully powered fully functional Iron Patriot suit and is being hung over an ocean liner filled with lava, there's no reason why he couldn't simply fly away.

underrated

please tell me this isn't real

Why was the theater smell like old wet pages of a book?

Obligatory: *SMACK LIPS* " WE WAZ KUNGZ N SHIEET!"

Vindication bros, vindication.

you should remove the dc indian guy because black panther is doing great in india too

name another movie that had a 4 day weekend without any competition

what will matter is the all time gross

are you a pajeet user?

Yeah, but the internal logic of all Marvel movies is trash. You just have to sort of ignore it.

>" WE WAZ KUNGZ N SHIEET!"

At some point even the most obtuse of you "muh imperiled whiteness!" assclowns are going to recognize you've been doing the same God damn thing for years.

no it isnt you stupid fuck majority of the theatre was empty. they played a trailer for it int the main lobby and people laughed

n-no why would you say that?
its just that its probably gonna one of the biggest non-bollywood movies in india that's all

thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/374343-black-voter-registration-effort-launched-at-black-panther-screenings

post yfw Black Panther actually gets millions of niggers registered to vote and it tips the next election

>fifth largest opening of all time when you don't include inflation
>include inflation and it's not even on the list

What did they mean by this?

No this one was especially bad, like 1998 Nick Fury bad

>implying this has any legs

This will not even pass 1 billion , screenshot this

The actual film aside, Black Panther's marketing campaign is worthy of being used to teach future marketers how to do their job.

Well this is going in the screenshot when it passes a billion in a month

Why can't you just be happy for the black people?

It is not enough that I should succeed. Others must fail.

Well Marvel fucking killed it with their marketing I guess. I knew damn well when the release of this movie was going to come out.

we keep winning boys.

I wonder. I expected it to perform on par with the Thor movies, maybe a bit better due to the amount of political marketing Disney is putting into it. But this amount during the first weekend is making me wonder if the film is incredibly front-loaded, and nobody but a bunch of bloggers is going to care in a few days.

I saw it, it's ok
The only parts that made me roll my eyes were a stupid "what are those" joke and when the chief of another tribe starts quipping when they go to him for help

>The black Trump movie is doing well.
Yes!

Don't forget how often they like pull the "not all of us" card every time there's a white mass shooter but will start going "muh 13% of the population" at the drop of a hat
That's not including all the other times they play the "we dindu nuffin" card

>muh front load
this only applies to objectively shit films like TLJ

>when the leftist only has a shitty flick left as a point and still tries to act smug...
You're not fooling anyone here desperate cuck.

Turns out you don't need to make a good movie for it to be successful.

It's a Marvel movie so they hoovered up all the white manchildren, and got fresh money from blacks

>watched the first five minutes on netflix
So just the one scene where he's jogging and the joke about his list of pop culture to catch up on
The rest of the movie is basically another Bourne film and if that's not your thing that's fine but don't be that retard that watches one scene and thinks he can peg the entire film

>white manchildren
I saw a white guy literally gasp in fear in the theater during the scene where the CIA agent was being barked at by black guys

We seriously need to destroy white men.

>t.shitskins

>he's already in the worry zone

>this desperate damage control
absolutely pathetic

>BLADE WASN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU PEOPLE

What did he mean by this?

>libs still trying to use Pepe
2016 election didn't teach you anything?

>Go to see Black Panther on Saturday
>Theater sold out
>Audience a healthy mix of black and white
>Audience was unusually well-behaved, no talking, no cellphones
>Everybody had a good time

White Supremacists BTFO

>m m m mmmmmuh memes :(

>RedLetter Media recommends it.

Well they gave it a firm "it had its moments."

Which, to be fair, is about the highest praise they'll give a superhero movie these days.

I love how they went from "it will be a flop" to "It was obvious it would do good, it's a marvel! And numbers could be better anyway"

>First Avenger 1/10
>Guardians of the Galaxy 6/10
Confirmed nigger. Fucking kill yourself.

they're desperately clinging to hope that it will have a huge dropoff after their "it will flop!" and "it will do poorly internationally!" narratives both got blown the fuck out

You're a fucking idiot

>countless holohoax movies
>his people are over-represented in the industry by far
>his people control all of hollywood and every media company
how about you fuck off Ben

>soy tomatoes matter now
MCUcks are truly embarrassing.

>soy tomatoes
>not rotten soymatoes
why are DCucks so unimaginative?

This, it's fucking hilarious. I have no desire to see this movie, but it really is the gift that keeps on giving.

> if you think kangz are pathetic you've got an assortment of hilarious black twitter posts and photos of weird niggers from the premiers
> if you think Cred Forums is pathetic you get to see the immense collective butthurt of redditors who bet everything on this movie failing
> if you think capeshit is pathetic you get a scene with some of the worst CGI of the 2010s

Jews know how to make money user.

Chub-Li

You're worse. absolutely pulling your dick off by trying to b8 everyone. Enjoy those profits m8, oh wait...

It’s Disney, they buy their own first week tickets in bulk, you moron. They do this every time, you complete and utter fools.

>We did it, lads. We won.

>my friends are on the internet
>we accomplished something together
>I have no evidence this happened
>and it was for no conceivable material gain in any case

I think you've lost forever and always.

>they buy their own first week tickets
imagine trying to convince yourself that the Jews at Disney are wasting money to buy their own fucking tickets.

The narrative has gone from:
>It'll flop everywhere
to
>It'll flop outside of the U.S
to
>It'll flop in Asia
to
>A-at least China won't like it right?

most of the hate came from mike who has shittier tastes in movies. jay seemed to enjoy it a lot

And your source for this info is?

>mike who has shittier tastes in movies

Well, you got that exactly backwards.

this is why people dont like dc movies. It's obvious that superman's costume was made of cloth, but they made the superman costume like its from fucking spandex

and those drawn-in abds

everything looks fucked-up and wrong in their movies

neither of them have good taste

WeWuzKangz/10. Probably one of the MCU movies with less quips. Which is a good thing. Also no infinity stone at all which is weird

>capeshit

I think the narrative has always been support because of the nationalist undertones. Pretty sure Cred Forums supports this movie. The irony is also the only successful all black country is a fantasy.

mike is a faggot bored of life who wants to watch star trek and jurassic world forever. Jay actually has an interest in films and gives a crap
you can see in their retrospective videos, jay has way more movies to talk about because he actually bothers to watch and enjoy movies