What are the best adaptations of Shakespeare plays?

what are the best adaptations of Shakespeare plays?

The Lion King

titsnic

My Fair Lady

I remember thinking Joss' "Much Ado About Nothing" was good but I don't remember finishing it. Maybe worth checking out

Also the best James Gunn movie

Black Panther.

and the second best Troma movie

Branagh’s Hamlet. Its straight up faithful to the play. They substitute a WW1 era setting for medieval times. It’s longer than the play (not including intermission). When I watched it in high school they had it on two VHS tapes because it was too long to fit on one.

fug danes was such a qt in this. I will have to watch this one day.

>ctrl+f
>no Coriolanus

You sir, are a man of exceptional taste.

anyone do a movie version of the tempest

She's The Man (Twelfth Night)

>Shakespeare
>film

is this the one where they start doing gunkata and start playing hackey sack with guns and shit?

we had a fat black african english teacher play it in class once and we lost our shit when they started that

Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing. Possibly the most charming film I've ever seen.

if you want a legitimate true to form adaptation then the Othello where Ian McKellen plays Iago is pretty fucking kino

olivier hamlet

Lady Bird

L O N G S W O R D

Hamlet (1990) just for Mel Gibson
Macbeth (2015) mostly just for the cinematography but the cast is good too
Pretty much all of Branagh's adaptations
Romeo and Juliet (1968)
and a special mention to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. Not written by Shakespeare but takes place in Hamlet. Great existential absurdist comedy

Polanski's Macbeth has yet to be topped.

yeah its great

This and "O"
Yes and it was confusing as fuck

Gary Oldman and Tim Roth are great in this, it's like a buddy movie but Shakespeare. Also its weird because it was directed by the guy that wrote the play.

sheeeiit, a gary oldman and tim roth buddy film? i've got to see this

>

Isn’t this just a rip of of gnomeo and Juliet or did Romeo come first