German Language Shows and Movies

Heyo, I’mma start learning German at uni and I want to know if anyone knows where I can get/stream German Language shows and movies. Preferably stream for free but paid is fine as well.

And as an extra, what are some of the best or culturally influential shows and movies in Germany, Austria, Switzerland etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmoTcCVKt2Q
ardmediathek.de/tv
youtube.com/watch?v=G5bOmg0vqkA
youtube.com/watch?v=HyQcJ2RObTk
youtube.com/watch?v=GXnRfHPEyLM
youtube.com/user/xXSweetLemon/
youtube.com/watch?v=9sBYtnlYp-g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRn0SQsUKuw
ardmediathek.de/tv/FilmMittwoch-im-Ersten/Aufbruch-ins-Ungewisse/Das-Erste/Video?bcastId=10318946&documentId=49823526
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCb49OOCGqA
youtube.com/watch?v=l945lQw1Ub4
youtube.com/watch?v=fpkGQUqnotg
youtube.com/watch?v=Qvs3oPdeWKg
youtube.com/watch?v=abwzNln4rMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

das boot is kino

The works of Fassbinder (no, not the Magneto guy) and Herzog are quite essential. Any proper private tracker should have their kinos.

Dark is a netflix series filmed in German, make sure to take off the English dub.

It's preddy gud

Germany pretty much dubs everything, so you could just watch whatever show/movie in the dubbed version
with optimal english subtitles if that may helpful

>ABSOLUTE GIGANTEN
>LOLA RENNT
>NAPOLA
>TSCHICK

and normie sites here most used are probably
kinox.to and movie4k.io

Also der Untergang and Steiner, das eiserne Kreuz. German WWII depression core is kino.

Zwölfeläuten
Das finstere Tal
Anatomie
Das Experiment

Watch anything by Fritz Lang, starting with M.

Lola Rennt is kino

Manta, Manta
Voll normaaal
Bang Boom Bang
Zwei Nasen tanken Super
00 Schneider - Jagd auf Nihil Baxter
Werner - Das muß kesseln

I love you

You forgot Texas – Doc Snyder hält die Welt in Atem

Victoria and Wild are two must see movies

Pix related
youtube.com/watch?v=FmoTcCVKt2Q

Ballermann 6

This germans are the best dubber in the world I guess

>where I can get/stream German Language shows and movies.
ARD streams their tv shows and movies for free
ardmediathek.de/tv

>wanting unsuspecting foreigners to watch Reichspropagandafernsehen
shame on you

Dark was ok. Very comfy, melancholic setting.

You made me think about that for a second but yeah, Germany imports entertainment since for fucking ever and the dubs are usually great.

>culturally influential shows and movies in Germany

derrick. I am not joking

which are the most essential essentials by fassbinder? I've only seen Chinese Roulette

NEIN!

youtube.com/watch?v=G5bOmg0vqkA

tja sportsfreund, das ziemlich uncool

voll normaaal immer noch bester deutscher film

youtube.com/watch?v=HyQcJ2RObTk

Feuerzangenbowle
Stromberg (German the office )
Asterix 1960-1980s animated movies (they are French but the German dub is top quality)
Peter Frankenfeld or Heinz Erhardt (both famous entertainers just look them up on YouTube)

Welt am Draht was basically the precursor of the 13th floor and the matrix. Warnung vor einer heiligen Nutte is interesting, Angst essen Seele auf triggers Cred Forums, Die Sehnsucht der Veronika Voss is the one every hipster saw and talks about.

thanks user

Das Leben der anderen (lives of others) is a kino.

Its not for everyone, but i liked Tonny Erdman.

Die Welle
Tatortreiniger (genius comedy show)
Free Rainer
Das Experiment
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
23 - nichts ist so wie es scheint
So weit die Füße tragen
Lammbock

I would like to add

Pastewka
Die Wand

Fuck off

Watch old simpsons with german synchro (which is surprisingly good). I can imagine already knowing all the episodes will help quite a bit.

Also: any Bud Spencer and Terrance Hill movies. Also: the Otto movies - not the new shit though, he grew old.

And of course: anything Helge Schneider. Pic. related. It's der Kommisar. Here's a tiny taste: youtube.com/watch?v=GXnRfHPEyLM It's glorious.

Oh, and if you check this youtube channel out:
youtube.com/user/xXSweetLemon/
it got all the pumuckel episodes.
>der brüller

Deutschland 83 is a really good tv show especially if you like cold war stuff.

there's probably like 10 movies people will be able to recommend and that's it. literally not a single german show is worth watching unless you're a massive pleb

it's pretty interesting to know why the German tv/movie landscape is filled with so much fucking dogshit. everyone with some German language skills should watch that Uwe Boll interview where he explains why Germans don't like taking risks at all when it comes to shows and movies

I've only seen Berlin Alexanderplatz, but it's well worth watching

there's this show called Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten. I think this board would definitely like it as the majority of the movies and shows discussed here have the same type of quality

youtube.com/watch?v=9sBYtnlYp-g

only degenerates watch Werner movies

The first one is great you nigger.

Plötzlich Meerjungfrau.
not even joking. story is easy to follow, dialogue is minimal and understandable even for intro German assuming you're not awful at languages. some are on youtube, put on subs and don't become a pedo

Im german and I hate german dubs, ever since I started listening to shows and films in original language, I started hearing how fake the dub sounds.

>giving a shit about Uwe Bolls opinion
faggot hasn't made a single good movie

Der Händler der Jahreszeiten
Angst essen Seele auf

Lenie Riefenstahls Nazipropganda films are actually kino

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRn0SQsUKuw

very funny

I would confirm that, if I hadn't watched archer with german dub, which is like 4 times better than original

Och, Bernd.

Not him but anything else than documentations are just trash tier,if you watch something from our state media (Ard/Zdf).

The entertainment shows are usually bad or for old people.And we don't even have to talk about all the talk shows with politicans.
Anything political is extremly biased and directed into a certain light.
I am not gonna say it is different in other countries and probably even worse.It still doesn't change the fact that is insanely emberassing that we have to pay for this garbage propaganda.
They could sent their shit 24/7 if it was for free,but paying for this garbage ?

There are hardly any good formats,they are some, but it is in general just a big pile of shit.

Kolberg. Interesting propaganda film about the napoleonic wars shot during final months of WW2. They even pulled soldiers from the front to act as extras. It has a weird Disney-esque vibe to it, especially the scenes with the prussian queen.

Welt am Draht is kino

stromberg. its the kraut version of the office and definitely has its moments

blacked and blackedraw is pretty good german kino

er ist wieder da is pretty hilarious, i'd recommend

they needed to add a little more personality to the characters though. everyone is way too serious 24/7.

for cartoons it's different because they're dubbed in every language

Is this a joke?

Sketchup with Dieter Krebs.

Anything with Didi Hallervorden

absolute kino

blacked.com

Das Leben der Anderen
Muxmäuschenstill
Bennys Video
Funny Games

FICK DICH, DIESE WICHSER VERDIENEN ES!!!! DIESE UMHANGSSCHEISSE DROHNEN KENNEN NIX ANDERES ALS MINDERWERTIGES FILMMATERIAL!!!

>didi hallervorden
dude is the worst

what is funny about putting on fake glasses and teeth

anything loriot

Aufbruch ins Ungewisse is the greatest Propaganda Movie ever produced.

> in the future right-wing death squads attain control of all european countries
> after the destruction of the last free newspaper a journalist and his family have to leave Germany to get asylum in South Africa
> refugee camps there are made up of like 30 people, all journalists or bloggers
> implying germans care about journalistic integrity enough to fucking flee their country
> implying the majority isn't docile sheep that wouldn't care if foreigners get kicked in the gut

Picrelated is the only worthwhile moment of the entire movie, even with a budget higher than Hollywood itself ARD can't even show a dystopian Germany, the CGI budget was just enough for this stupid poster and a holographic computer screen.

ardmediathek.de/tv/FilmMittwoch-im-Ersten/Aufbruch-ins-Ungewisse/Das-Erste/Video?bcastId=10318946&documentId=49823526

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCb49OOCGqA
you have to watch this one
it also got great inside of the austrian culture

WTF Germany, you creepy bastards.

Du hast Caps lock aktiviert

Absolute KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=l945lQw1Ub4

Der Schuh des Manitu

fuck you all

just watch berndt das brot

forever

Thanks to you guys as well

You just don't get it, do you?
youtube.com/watch?v=fpkGQUqnotg

youtube.com/watch?v=Qvs3oPdeWKg

Too much trash, just watch the dubbed version of your favorite american shows and movies. It reallly helps with learning a language because you already know what the characters say originally.

I haven't watched the show but
>everyone is way too serious 24/7.
Have you met Germans? Sounds accurate af

Watch "Der Schuh des Manitu" and "Traumschiff Surprise". Parodies of Winnetou and Star Trek

Kinski-Kino:
youtube.com/watch?v=abwzNln4rMQ

Nympho()Maniac = best

don't do this. German dubs are shit-tier eventhough they hate admiting it. It's the same 3 voice actors in every movie, and they speak with such a ridiculous over dramatic and over acted inflection, nobody irl talks like tha. And if you use those movies as a reference and try to immitate it, you'll end up sounding like someone who watches too much tv, in a bad way. It's acceptable for cartoons i guess.
Watch the classic stuff that's well known by everyone, Goodbye Lenin, Die Fetten Jahre sind vorbei, Das Experiment, unironically the few scenes in inglorious basterds lol, Toni Erdmann, Das Leben der Anderen

Nigger, the goal is to learn a language, not to enjoy the best dubs on the planet.

I learned German watching TV and everyone praised my eloquence and proper pronunciation since I was 8.

Das Leben der Anderen is good, I didn't say every german speaking original is trash, I said most of them are. Babylon Berlin is good too, to name a recent example.