Have you seen this yet?

Have you seen this yet?
What did you think?
Just finished it and wrapping my head around it, might see it a second time.

half way through and am really enjoying it
unfortunately i have to bail on this thread because .... spoilers

Nice you're enjoying it, the second half is great too. Favorite character so far?

German user here. I really liked it. It's not flawless, but one of the best series productions from Germany. The look, the atmosphere and the acting, all of this was really good.

I was afraid that it might become too much of a Stranger Things clone after the first episode but it gladly went another way. In the end it felt more like a mixture between Twin Peaks and Donnie Darko, but a well done one.

German or English?

It also reminded me of the aesthetic of Utopia. The original score felt like lifted directly from it, really good stuff. What did you think about Noah and Bartosz at the end? What was their deal?

The show is German. Saw it in german with english subs if that's what you mean.

Utopia was great but felt a bit more surreal and somehow pop-art-like, it felt, well, really british but in a good way. The sudden violence and the dry humour was spot on especiall in the first season of Utopia.

I don't have a clue what Noah is planning with Bartosz at all. But I bet Bartosz won't jsut get another staight forward villain or main antagonist. It wouldn't fit the series because almost everything had a little twist so far. We also don't have any real clue what exactly Noah's plans are. It seems that he wants to create a new timeline that he is can control in order to save mankind or just several chosen ones.

I was wonder which I should watch it in since I think it comes with English dub. I would assume German since it's a German show.

The last half of the last episode almost ruined it, and I am dreading next season's hokeyness, but 99% of season one is what I wish LOST had been, and I love LOST.

Had to turn it off because I cringe way too fucking hard whenever I hear modern German teen speak

The kid's dialogues were pretty down to earth. I am a teacher and the way real teens speak would be way more cringeworthy, believe me.

Noah is a peculiar character, I liked how little we know of him. Didn't realize it at first but he may be Trontes father. The lesbian mother mentions something about the father being a priest.

Go with subs.

If they make a second series I hope it doesn't veer too much into the two factions fighting for control of time for whatever reason. This could have the potential of turning silly very rapidly. The relationship between the characters and and how they are connected through time is what makes this show great.

it is absolutely brilliant, i really liked it and i'll probably rewatch it soon
the only way to watch is German with subs of course

>yfw no qt jealous gf

It's fucking great, which is really peculiar for Netflix.

It was a good Show but
>Too many characters
>all of wich are portrayed by 3 diffrent actors
>Everyone is grimdark serious all the time. No one laughs, ever.
>Wait for Season 2 meme ending

seriously, what was her fucking problem?
she was hot as a milf too

she just wanted his cock, badly

so why exactly did Michael kill himself?

>Too many characters
>all of which are portrayed by 3 different actors
True but it adds a good layer of complexity which is rare in shows. Also liked how its relentless in introducing new characters, every time you thought you knew them all, bam! here's a new one. It keeps you on your toes.

>Everyone is grimdark serious all the time. No one laughs, ever.
Some of that could be fine but the story starts right away in a dramatic situation, not sure it would make sense tonally.

>Wait for Season 2 meme ending
Agree, I wouldn't mind that much not having a series 2, this one has enough closure to stand on its own and the loose ends are nice to ponder about but not fully understand.

I assume it has to do with Jonas. Old Jonas tells his younger self in one scene that MIkkel saved his life. Presumably Mikkel/Micheal knew more about the future events in which Jonas plays a big part and realized that in order to save him he needs to kill himself to start that chain of events. Maybe the old lady visited him and told him about the future or maybe even Noah.

Or he just couldn't take being cucked by his alpha dad.

thats pretty much the conclusion i got to also
cant wait for the next season
hoping for some possible Jonas/Ulrich bonding over their blood-relation
goddamn awesome soundtrack too

To add to that, Mikkel is also the guy with the black liquid on his face, so he definitely is guiding Jonas to something.

i genuinely hope for Jonas to be the central character and of a greater 'destiny' than being just a pawn as said by Noah

Really enjoyed the dark moody aesthetics. Blonde deaf loli is best character

Soundtrack is by Ben Frost, which translates to GOAT experiemental electronic

Didn’t like the tone shift of the ending

loved it, and i am usually not a fan of the "nobody is allowed to be happy". i also really appreciated the low key non quippy humor, like the comment about everything being from china for example

patrician taste, had a hearty chuckle when her muslim bf got btfo

Post more cute Jonas

>Didn’t like the tone shift of the ending
Do you mean the thing about good vs evil? Or more like this being the set up for a much bigger story?

Who is Noah?

The latter, I preferred the small town mystery to the worldwide apocalypse

he's the Minotaur

Have you seen Center of my World? You might enjoy it.

What we know so far is he is a leader in one of two organizations fighting for control of the time travel mechanism.
He may or may not be Ulrich's grandfather.
He's trying with the help of Helge to send boys through time through a machine. Why doesn't he just use the portal though? Maybe he wants to close the portal and only have his machine be able to time travel. Possibly wants to start a new world.

This. The last 10 minutes were pretty bad. I hope it doesn't turn into another shitty post-apocalyptic show

God tier intro. Reminds me of True Detective.

is this a girl (male)?

It's okay, but I'm not fond of all that paradox thing. Also would've enjoyed it more, if it wasn't explained how that loop came to be.

What?! That intro is cheap as fuck.

Yes (no)

Both are guys. Left one is the same actor who plays Jonas in Dark.

I like the music and the surrealist scenes, but that's because I'm not a brainlet.

Yes. It’s fucking great. For anyone who plans on watching it. Use the subtitles. The dub really takes away from it.

mfw being German finally pays off and I can enjoy it completely

from the creators of the series, we will know why in season 2.

the ending was lame and the cgi was terrible
besides that i really liked it

Is it common in German media to have this "little diversity"? Makes sense being a small town and all but if this was done in the UK half the cast would be black and muslim for sure.

Very nice. Have you watched Babylon Berlin yet? That’s a fascinating show as well. I love the music.

Germany is way more segregated than the UK, Germans live in the smaller towns and the countryside and foreigners in the big cities. So even in TV shows they generally have just token foreign characters instead of going all the way like the BBC.

Sounds pretty comfy like the town in the show.

Not really. The lack of diversity is an accurate depiction of rural Germany.
Lately there has been a trend of casting more diverse actors for whatever setting in Germany, most likely to seem more like cool (((Hollywood))) movies.

Not yet, but I think I'll do at some point