Is Downfall actually good?

Is Downfall actually good?

yeah. i only saw it when it came out and remember many of the scenes vividly

But not good enough for you to ever watch it again?

Best Hitler movie by a mile. Hell, even one of the best WW2 movies ever made. Should have definitely gotten an Oscar for the Best Foreign Film.

It's kino, but you shouldn't think of it as a documentary and take some things in there with a grain of salt.

yes

yes

Obviously it's not some 100% accurate documentary that you should take as law (especially since it concerns H*tler) and Bruno Ganz's performance gets a little melodramatic at times, but overall solid 8/10 kino.

its portraits hitora as a bad person OP

quite accurately.

0% evidence Hitler killed himself.

I wasnt a fan of this movie to be honest. It was alright but Im not going to recommend it to anyone.
A bridge too far is one of best WW2 movies ever made closely followed by Patton. Dont know why you would say this about Downfall, it has too much dialogue and not enough red army poundin Berlin with thousands of rockets.

It's fantastic, easily the best Hitler movie.
tfw no insane and devoted Eva Braun fraulein

Yeah it’s great. It’ll never happen but I wish there were a good biopic of Hitler. Or genghis khan, or any of the ‘evil’ people of history.

>woman remains loyal to her husband to he end
>that means she's insane

Damm right it is. Brought a tear to my eye and I'm not even german.

Yes, very.

I guess that settles it. Thanks guys.
Your input is appreciated, user.
Continue this thread how you all wish.

>massive explosion in distance
>partygoers in stunned silence
>"I feel like dancing!!"
>jumps on top of piano
A model of sanity in the third Reich

BRINGEN SIE MIR FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN! FEGELEIN!

Considering who run the Reich, she really is.

It's probably the best Hitler/Nazi movie but it's really dark. Conspiracy and Look Who's Back are best of you want something comfy and uplifting.

True.

Hitler escaped to Bariloche Argentina

the question is, should i watch the extended cut?

Was kind of annoying to read subtitles all the times.

you are a genuine pleb

Yes. Here in Europe (Flanders in my case) this movie was big in theaters way before that one scene became a meme in the US. It was just known here as a mainstream good movie.

who watches movies twice?

I've watched Freddy got Fingered around 25 times and I'm proud of it

how is your brain not mush?

why would you do that to yourself?

Everyone who has seen Kung Pow less then 2 times should be euthanized desu.

>Is Downfall actually good?
>actually

I'm not sure why or who would put it in doubt.

Its one of the greatest pieces of american cinema, and it just never gets old to me

You're missing out on quite a lot of good films if that's really an annoyance for you

It's amazing.

i know you're probably memeing but in the tiny chance you aren't; seek help

There is not one redeemable aspect of this movie. Just, humor me here. What do you believe to be its greatest qualities?

i saw a psychiatrist once and it didn't do very much for me
The way I find best of framing it is as the progenitor of a lot of modern absurd comedy, some excellent and some terrible, like tim and eric, eric andre and such.
It holds a similar appeal to me as those do; the way it takes normal comedy concepts and then exaggerates them to the point of lunacy, its just so beautifully over the top.
Its also funny to me in a meta way because a studio gives tom green a load of money to make a movie and, as they see it, wastes it making an idiotic piece of shit, while the movie is in large part about Gord getting a load of money from a studio and wasting it on idiotic shit like a helicopter and moving his dad's house to pakistan

Highly recommend also watching 13 Minutes. Same director, focuses on the perpetrator of an early assassination attempt on Hitler.

There is only circumstantial evidence of that but that's not my point. If anyone says Hitler killed himself they need to prove it.

Would you say his suicide was likely?

8.5/10

>comfy and uplifting
>literally a bunch of blind fanatics and party zealots foolishly planning what will ultimately become the complete undoing of their entire movement

Even from a White Supremacist perspective, the Final Solution was a mistake.

Bruno Ganz was a 10/10 cast.

based

>seek help (waste money) for watching a movie you like lots of times

unironically kys

>hitler
>melodramatic
You don't say.

It's #121 on the IMDB top 250 so...

I bet you prefer dubs, you pig

Because of all the memes I guess