Dune

Can Villeneuve pull it off? Also
>tfw normies will criticize it for ripping off star wars and game of thrones

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.avclub.com/shots-fired-denis-villeneuve-says-his-dune-will-be-st-1822251306/amp
metro.co.uk/2018/02/17/teen-daughter-britains-first-gay-dads-also-wants-surrogate-twins-7319977/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw just want to see a Chapterhouse movie in my lifetime so I can see dat dere delicious /ss/ on the big screen
MOMMY MILKERS
MOMMY MILKERS
MOMMY MILKERS

>ripping off star wars and game of thrones
>both are partly ripping off Dune
normies are cancer :)

> implying Dune didn't rip off Lawrence of Arabia and the Bible

Gives me hope for Dune because Villeneuve finally started working from the script phase already with Eric Roth, rather than waiting for the script and then making his changes.
I just don't see how the fuck will they market this, the subject is so niche (especially today) that I simply don't see it being successful regardless of it's quality.

>planet has sand
>it's like Star Wars

I’m so happy that someone stepped up and decided to give us a refreshed Dune. I’m thrilled that it will be directed by Villeneuve. His BR2049 is already the best sci-fi film of this generation. The key will be the length of the film. It really needs to be a series of films but maybe it can be done in two films or a very long single film. If he decides to give us the full story in great detail, and I hope he does, we need three films.

And let’s make sure the normans understand that Star Wars was absolutely ripped from Dune.

im a newfag born in 96 but "Dune" with captain picard,and that sting guy, was still really good to my tastes, even after watching all the best sci-fi from 1990's onwards.

Never read the book SORRY anons,am i missing out?

>book
Books, Frank Herbert fleshed out the Dune universe from 1955 to the mid 70s. Lucas fleshed out star wars in a few months.

Yes you are missing out, but if I were you I would wait and watch the film first so you can judge the film solely as a film with no connection to it's source material whatsoever.
Then you can read the book and form your own perspective of the Dune setting yourself

>the subject is so niche

What's the subject?

Dune is just a ripoff of HG Wells

See

google.com/amp/s/www.avclub.com/shots-fired-denis-villeneuve-says-his-dune-will-be-st-1822251306/amp
Star Wars for adults

he's the only director who could. maybe Terrance Malcolm but it would be less exciting and more poetic.

Villeneuve could make this into his magnum opus, it's an extremely difficult and complex project to approach. The casting will have to be meticulous, the creative interpretations cool, clear, and yet digestible to the average viewer.

Paul will have to be acted by a nobody with a ton of talent and charm. You need heavy hitting Shakespearean actors to fill out most of the other roles such as Fassbender and McClellan ,and they would have to be really dedicated to the project for it to not seem silly (see LoTR)

what did the bible rip off?

So a new Dune film is actually getting the go-ahead 100% ?????????

Yes

When it comes down to it every story is archetypal in some way, whether it be Dune, Star Wars, The Bible etc. In the end we tell ourselves the same stories over and over but just change the details.

Villeneuve is writing the script with Eric Roth currently yes, but the studio didn't greenlit it completely yet

it will.

Not the other guy what does the world offer though besides space muslim tribe making it rain on everyones parade?

t. Moral relativist

>He won the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for Forrest Gump (1994). He also co-wrote the screenplays for several Oscar-nominated films: The Insider (1999), Munich (2005), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008), and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2012).
Spicekino incoming, boys

Space politics and "dude humans are the most OP force in the universe if you just train really really really hard and meditate and take some drugs lmao"

No, Herbert literally based the original story on the Book of Revelation. Dune is Dragon in the Sea and Lawrence of Arabia.

In Dragon in the Sea, Herbert's story was about Oil, for Dune he changed this to Spice. Dragon in the Sea lacked a prophet or messiah, that is where Lawrence of Arabia came in, TE Lawrence is the Prophet.

They ought to b ring back Patrick Stewart as one of the characters, he just felt so right in the Dune universe

Zoroaster and the Sumerians

what's the premise of Dune again? Drugs that make you see the future? Sounds silly.

No, the story is about Lawrence of Arabia. Lawrence is British.

War over Oil. Oil is everything in this world.

Drugs that extend your life and "awaken certain abilities" in your body that lay dormant because genetics

The thing is Dune is so long. Anyone see the 2000 and 2003 mini series? They were pretty good.

He should just do an HBO mini series it'd fit in that format better.

who wrote Zoroaster and the sumerians

lizard people

There is nothing wrong with a creator taking inspiration from a previous work. If you go back far enough most everything is a rip off of something anyway.

The Book of Revelations is largely a prophecy not based upon Sumerians.

>taking inspiration from a previous work.

Herbert evolved his own work, Lucas evolved a car driving around in circles, Lucas evolved a piece of work that a child could've created. Herbert evolved a novel into Dune.

So basically based George brought back the aryan master race

George is an engineer, George gutted the Dune world, this is very technical, hard to explain, you see George and his industry controllers seen an Industry Threat from Dune, so they acted preemptively to this threat by undercutting it before it became a phenomenon. What Lucas ultimately did was; Vaccinate the Industry with a Dead Virus, the virus was Dune, a dead story.

Movie making is a business, you have to understand, the industry uses models like pic related to understand the Force of Others.

Zoroastrianism's creator Ahura Mazda, through the Spenta Mainyu (Good Spirit, "Bounteous Immortals")[11] is an all-good "father" of Asha (Truth, "order, justice"),[12][13] in opposition to Druj ("falsehood, deceit")[14][15] and no evil originates from "him".[16] "He" and his works are evident to humanity through the six primary Amesha Spentas[17] and the host of other Yazatas, through whom worship of Mazda is ultimately directed. Spenta Mainyu adjoined unto "truth",[18] oppose the Spirit's opposite,[19][20] Angra Mainyu and its forces born of Akəm Manah ("evil thinking").[

can you give more details user, maybe even a timeline?

>timeline

big if true

>Villeneueves God Emperor of Dune will be 12 hours long and include a 3 hour single take of Leto II talking during the Siyanoq ritual

I'd agree with this. ANH is really childish and simple compared to Dune, but that is why it was more popular. ESB took Star Wars and made it more mature and serious and that happened because Lucas wasn't as involved.

Can someone post that gif where the niggers acting like someone was "burned" and one nigger falls on the crowd behind him and they catch him?

fuck any cunts like jarad leto,eddie redmayne, go for unkown actors, but as im typing this im now realising everyone will probably be black

DUNE - BLACKED

>acting like Dune is an original work or good for that matter

cringe

Villanueve is a misogynist, I think that you all need to go back to pol

>soypinion: the post

I really hope they make the fremen Arabs rather than Africans. It makes so much more sense.

melange is soy desu

Melange is test

melange is literally a psychedelic

and look at what happened to hippies

melange is literally a soychedlic

accurate portrayal of the fremen would be arab looking with asian features mixed in along with smatterings of multiple ethnic groups. zensunni wanderers mixed in with the descendants of people who were oppressed/kicked off other worlds.

They aged and became The Baby Boomers, one of the wealthiest and most politically powerful age demographics in the USA. Oh no what a horrible fate.

you do know the term hippie isn't applied to literally everyone who grew up in the 60's, right?

no he doesnt because hes retarded

>>tfw normies will criticize it for ripping off star wars and game of thrones
idk, Dune is pretty normie nowadays, wouldn't surprise me if there's a viral campaign of people saying "finally, the adaptation I've been waiting for".

Most previous mythology is cherry picked for bits that would sell.

Well he can't fuck it up harder than Lynch. Even though I did like the movie.

There's no chance there will be sequels, and even if there are, we won't get to Chapterhouse, let alone the abominations Herbert's son wrote, because an accurate portrayal of the Tleilaxu tanks would trigger both the SJWs and the religious right so hard Hollywood would cease to exist.

Tleilaxu tanks????

There was the implicatiob of some sort of a fucked up concept where the entire female side of the Tleilaxu (an extremist fundementalist society of a hybrid of space islam and space hinduism) being used as biological breeding/cloning tanks of sort if I remember correctly, been a long time since I read the later books, and it was never revealed in any concrete way.

>Muh Star Wars rips off dune.

Can we stop this bullshit already? Everything Star Wars supposedly "ripped off" from Star Wars were well established tropes of Science Fiction at this point.

Yes it was. Chapterhouse doesn't disguise it at all. The Tleilaxu are run by a bunch of genetic hermaphrodites, but most of them are male or female, and a lot of the women are used as artificial wombs in order to grow clones (including clones of the hermaphrodite leaders). The process kills the artificial womb. The Tleilaxu refer to them as tanks so the other factions don't even know how to attempt to replicate the process.

>Fremen
>Africans
I don't have a pic of utter disgust that would do my reaction justice. I swear to Shai Hulud, if I see a single nigger in the movie...

Isn't Duncan Idaho black, or at least dark-skinned enough to be American-black?

the Sardaukar should be black
soldiers from a prison planet, their strength & ferocity comes from the conditions they have condemned themselves to

>if I see a single nigger in the movie...
Even Baron Vladimir Harkonnen?

>shifting the goalposts/definitions to win your argument
So Soy.

He'll need to make too many compromises to make it work on screen and be a box office success. No one wants to watch people walking around in stillsuits, nor do they have an interest in any religion more developed than the nu Jedi, and I don't think Denis has the balls/creative control to do it anyway. Dune would be full of all the weird dialogue people didn't like from the Star Wars prequels. I don't see it happening.

The Star Wars and Game of Thrones comparisons are funny, because while they are clearly influenced by Dune they completely miss the idiosyncrasy that makes it stand out, and the new Dune film probably will too. It may well rip them off. Despite not actually liking the book, disowning the film and making some major changes, Lynch got the atmosphere exactly right, and that's really half the battle. Even Herbert liked his Dune.

He's Mediterranean. Atreides are Greeks, Corrino are Persian, Fremen are Arabian, Harkonnen are Russian.

Tom Holland will play Paul, Jared Leto will play a major role (probably Stilgar), the film will basically be capeshit in the desert and a huge success. Screenshot this.

According to the avclub the 20th best film of 2017 was The Last Jedi. I used to love that site but its in Jew hands now. Same with pitchfork. Except pitchfork was never really good.

No idea how they're going to capture the subtle facial ticks that gesserit can read

metro.co.uk/2018/02/17/teen-daughter-britains-first-gay-dads-also-wants-surrogate-twins-7319977/