Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=blBDxrxWqyY
youtu.be/7Jgl3Z7lbLw
lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Valenzetti_Equation
youtube.com/watch?v=mHvd6FoRDpw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They had an idea for a premise, story for two seasons and greediness for money

what was with the polar bear

You need to understand writers had no idea where they are going after some time. They did wierd shit so people would wondr and converse about show, whole show is basically throwing shit and seeing what sticks with the audience.
Polar bear was shit.

Well, you see, they were lost on this island. And then, they got lost some more.

they mostly made it up as they went along, as much as I hate this concept try not to think about it too much, literally switch your brain off bro. You'll only get more annoyed at how they kept chipping away at a really interesting premise if you apply too much logic

>building up the Others to be an otherwordly supernatural threat
>they're just assholes with fake beards

>women can't get pregnant on the island
>build an entire subplot around this
>it goes nowhere and ultimately had nothing to do with anything

>the numbers quickly going from interesting to a cliché in the space of about 5 episodes featuring them

When it first aired I fucking loved it, now that I've been rewatching it for the first time ever (mid season 2) I'm starting to note all the issues with it already, that said, it had some great fucking scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=blBDxrxWqyY

they were dead all along

JJ carpetbagged the shit out of them to do Star Trek. Of course leaving no answers at all! Just like he did with TLJ and now he's going to SuperJew Star Wars and save the day. Wow.

Don't worry kids, Mr. Imagination knows everything! Lets face it he is Max Landis at 45.

Don't forget the kid who maybe had psychic powers

jj had nothing to do with lost after the pilot you retard

maybe i would fuck the blond on the left. rest is really below meh tier

Another Abrams' shit

That too, the subtle build up of his character was perfect and they quickly whisked him away because puberty

>Build up Mr Eko as le badass black man who has an odd connection to the island
>Kill him off asap because his actor is an asshole

It's The Leftovers except made for network TV, it all about resolution or irresolution of existential crises.

they were doing experiments on polar bears

the explanations for what the black smoke is, why they were brought there, and what the island is, doesn't make any sense.

ok so jacob brings people to the island, presumably to find a replacement for himself. ok. then why does the black smoke randomly terrorizes and sometimes try to kill these people? aren't they all supposed to be candidates? the black smoke tries to drag john down a hole in the first season, and he is confirmed as a candidate. so what the fuck? he's not allowed to kill candidates

the whole thing is so fucking stupid.

from what I've heard, the original ending twist was going to be that the island was humanity's failsafe in case of apocalypse, and the black smoke was a nanobot cloud in charge of keeping their life support systems online. the show begins as the repopulation of earth starts, and they are woken up in a fake plane crash made from the wreckage of the real plane they were kidnapped in. the ending was going to be they get a boat back to the mainland and find out its thousands of years in the future and everything is destroyed.

this is some shit you just pulled out your ass or found on some sketchy forum.

nah, have friends at bad robot. it was leaked to forums around 2006 tho, thats when they had to seriously start rewriting the plot.

lol i don't know which is dumber, this or what they put in the show.

lost is a great example for writers to not include ridiculous mysteries that you don't know the explanation for beforehand. you don't introduce shit like a murderous cloud of black smoke that chases and tries to kill people without knowing exactly what it is when you write it.

guaranfuckingtee the black smoke was lindelofs idea, the whole thing has his hackery written all over it.

>I dont pay attention and absorb information when i watch a series!

haters will say it isn't kino

Lindelofed
Normies thought it meant something.
This was just a massive troll series.

lindelof was so buttmad about how people reacted to the lost explanations that when he wrote the leftovers he just told everyone right away that he was never going to explain anything

lmao such a hack

They underestimated how much of a research hivemind the internet had become when they wrote the show.

I'm sure that even from the get-go, they were shitting their pants at how fast people were able to piece things together.

also Kylo was originally going to be Luke's son, and Rey was a Kenobi, im not sure why they changed it though.

They didn't have a plan for the end when they started, which is fine, but then the writers strike happened and the produces wrote, I think it was season 4, and that completely fucked the whole show up. When the real writers returned, they had to pick up the pieces and do the best they could. Also, because of that season 4, many actors who made to be kept back in the show when they really wanted to leave to pursue other project, creating negativity in the actors. Finally, one of the lead writers was gone for the final season, leaving a single writer (IIRC) in charge, and that's why the last season is the way it is.

LOST is literally the perfect example of shit fucking up a great show and ruining it's potential. Just like Heroes, which fucking died because of the writers strike.

Like, seriously. Jacob and his Cabin was completely different after the first season he was introduced. And Ben became super important because the actor was really liked.

>someone explain this shit to me

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they originally wrote the island as purgatory. it's so fucking obvious. people figured it out too quickly and they had to change it up. they then kept adding all these strange mysteries on the island to keep everyone interested, and they just ended up writing themselves in a corner by season 5 when they had to start answering questions.

t. wookiepedia editor

They absolutely had a plan when they started, no show that huge would get greenlighted without at least some form of ending explanation at the outset. Yes, the writing strike played a huge role, but people were figuring things out much faster than they predicted. Also a few actors didn't really work out.

still better than anything made in the last 10 years except Mad Men.

but the ending did turn out to be purgatory anyway

just stop at Faraday Season 5
shit dont make sense afterward o well it does but they make a heaven for all religions which is fucking bs.

>Also a few actors didn't really work out.
Completely missed the drama, which ones?

it was purgatory in the sense that it was in the post-apocalypse, and the test was to see if they could piece together the puzzle that would let them leave the island and go repopulate earth.

>Kill him off asap because his actor is an asshole
That's seriously what happened? Man fuck him, I liked Mr Eko.

Also Mr. Eko is pure name kino.

Libby and the one played by Michelle Rodriguez got a DUI and had to leave, Walt went through puberty way too fast, i forget the rest

I love the show. Seasons 1-5 were kino. In fact season was my hands down favorite. Season 6 was a dumpster fire but in the end I’m ok with how it ended. I’m just mad most of the season was filler.

youtu.be/7Jgl3Z7lbLw

You guys can’t tell me this scene was all the feels

I could not help but laugh at most of his scenes because of his accent, which is a shame because he has some of the most kino flashbacks and scenes in general.

>they didnt have a plan!!
of course they fucking didn't. Its network television.
It's a fucking miracle they managed to end it after S6 anyway, becuase the show was still pulling amazing ratings in the 18-49 demo.

It's actually one of the more coherent high concept network shows out there. Especially compared to something like X-files which mostly consisted of standalones and still had a fucking mess of an over arching story.

>they executed super qt

I didn't think they would actually do it, I was impressed

best girl of all girls in the history of girls

It was a great journey week to week, waiting for the next episode, discussing theories etc...
Lost captured my imagination like no shows ever had. Personally I think it was amazing.

It might be a different experience if you missed it back in the day, though, and are just bing watching it now.

It’s just like The Leftovers. It was about the characters. They should’ve let the mystery be

This.
To be honest from the second half of S3 the story is pretty consistent in Lost. It's just that there's bits in S1 and S2 that never really get addressed or are simply not consistent with what happens later.
Regardless they did try to retcon some shit, with more or less success. I wish they didn't bother with the whispers and numbers though, both explainations were a bit shit. The dharma explanation to the numbers in the ARG was much better.

Theres something about her that makes her look slightly unconventional, but still insanely attractive

LOST will probably be remembered as the first and last truly great TV show, save for Breaking Bad and the Wire. No show will get that big of a budget again, and it came at a time before social media and streaming tech was good enough, so it really was the last family night TV show.

Its kinda sad, I remember everyone crowding around and watching and having theories after. Nothing has come close to bringing families together since.

The South Park episode about TV's moving into bedrooms hit the nail on the head. Its not about family's anymore in entertainment, its about isolating people so they can be easier manipulated by propaganda.

what explanation are you referring to re: the numbers?

>No show will get that big of a budget again
That's wrong.

the whispers are probably the second most ridiculous retcon after the black smoke. first they associated the whispers with the others, then shannon gets shot by ana lucia and everyone hears the whispers, then sawyer chases the boar in the jungle and hears the whispers, then the whispers get associated with the others again, then michael sees christian (black smoke, somehow) on the boat before he dies and he hears the whispers, then something something hurley figures out the whispers are....dead trapped souls

WOW BRAVO

IT WAS THE DOG'S DREAM

lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Valenzetti_Equation

Plus it had peak Evangeline Lilly with dat toned body and freckles, even if her character was often infuriatingly retarded

Did this prick get what was coming to him?

the island was a cork to keep an evil spirit trapped below it

I think the writers strike was the biggest setback for the show by far. The show just completely takes a negative turn by all the stupid writing decisions and lazy-ness during that season.

>Check out whose in the coffin, I sure hope the writers next season can explain this!
>"We got to go back!"
>Hanso Foundation? What is that lol?

Not Penny's Boat was a goat season ending cliffhanger tho

we need to go back was the finale of season 3, before the strike

michael did literally nothing wrong, he was going after WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLT

That finale was "We have to go back" cliffhanger though.

OK, so it's pretty easy to point out flaws in Lost. That's not really a surprise given how fucking ambitious it was. Even to this day most tv shows are mostly episodic, or limit story arcs to a single season and then start anew. But Lost felt like each episode was a tiny piece of a massive puzzle.
I really don't think there's anything like it on air anymore. The two most popular shows currently, Walking Dead and GoT are just as flawed as Lost, and they're based on already existing material, which feels a bit cheat-y.

The Leftovers fixed a lot of the flaws Lost had, mainly because of the limited number of episodes. But again, it just didn't have the ridiculous scope of it.

They weren't actually going to able to go back IIRC. That was supposed to be the end of his story if I'm not mistaken, wanting to go back but unable to. The End.

5 > 2 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 3

The only correct ranking

leftovers didn't fix any of the flaws from lost, it just proved lindelof is a joke that we all knew he was

that actually makes alot of sense if you pair it with the concept that the island was built as humanity's failsafe

Jesus christ. that would have been just as fucked of an ending to his character as Locke got.

you mean the smoke monster?

lockes character ending is so dumb. there was no real reason for ben to kill him.

What are the flaws in The Leftovers? If one of them is that they didn't explain how or why people disappeared or whether Nora was able to leave reality or not you are a brainlet.

the whole premise is that...he isn't going to explain anything. that isn't deep, that is a retard technique to skirt by the fact that he's just writing ebin mysteryes for the sake of writing ebin mysteries. even if you completely ignore all of that, the rest of the show is just a bunch of forced melodramatic soap opera bullshit.

it's an impressive show to soyboys

Sayids actor and that girl (Kate, I think) really wanted to leave the show and then they were brought back in after their characters had already left the island.

yeah when they introduced the second plane returning, and the time travel was when shit went kooky. What was the deal with Daniel Faraday seeing the wreckage underwater on the news in the alternate timeline, and crying for some reason?

I used to hate season 6 mostly because I really loved the early episodes where Locke was a substitute teacher, or Ben was Alex's tutour, or Jack had to learn to be a good father all in the flash sideways, but then they wasted all those stories to just make it some waiting room. But on my 3rd rewatch, I realized it was just a fan service season and I really started to enjoy it more. I must be retarded because I didnt even realize this shot was a throwback to season 1/2.
My hair stood up watching this shot the last time I rewatched.

Oh right, I'm getting episodes mixed up

>keanu reeves thumb up.gif

It's about navigating the great existential psychodrama, and the healing power of faith and family. It's simple but good and not wracked with the cynical, ultraviolent nihilism of the post-HBO era.

in the end i wish they killed off kate instead of shannon. at least shannon was beginning to have a character arc, before they got rid of her. that was a really bad mistake. so instead of the possibility of a well executed character, instead we get kate going back and forth between sawyer and jack for 6 seasons.

Haha do you guys think shannon enjoyed getting her oil well drilled by sayid haha

Michelle had a full character arch, and its believed she was only signed on for one season. The episode she died was a flashback episode for her too completing her character. I'm fairly certain she was supposed to go out that way especially since it was crucial to Michael's story too. Libby though I agree, I think they punished that actress for the DUI

Not Penny's boat was in that episode, just wasn't a cliffhanger. But it definetly did cause mass disscussion over the hiatus.

i could see that. Its also insane, in retrospect how many new characters they threw into the show. Freighter crew, the temple dudes, the mercenary guys, obviously all the new Dharma people in different eras. Its like the last two seasons added 20+ new characters and diluted everything.

it's a soap opera for soyboys with no taste. i really feel bad for people that can't see through lindelofs hackery, it's so childish

what would make it mature?

Lost is certified kino

Why is it all the little sjw things lost did didn't bother anyone like new shows. Like there was interracial couple, and Tom was gay.

by not existing at all

Lab experiment fried his brain. instead of just sending his mind a few minutes into the future presumably it sent his mind to his time on the island, how bad everything was going to go, the woman he loved dying in his arms, and possibly even his own death at the hands of his mother. he couldn't remember any of this because the experiment left him with permanent long-term memory loss to the point where he couldn't even remember the events of the day before. probably his brains way of protecting him from going insane from the things he had seen. he couldn't remember anything about the island but when he saw the plane crash on TV it brought on a sense of depression and dread at the events to come in a sort of deja-vu manner I would assume.

He is the only contemporary television writer not named Nick Pizzaman to distance himself from the warm, fuzzy blanket of ontological materialism and boldly throw himself headfirst into God's wilderness.

nice brainlet answer there

kevin is jesus is truly the most mature and inspired plotline i have ever seen in a tv show
lmao

Ben was extremely bitter at playing by the islands rules for most of his life and getting the shit stick in return. he would have done anything to get back to the island at that point and killing Locke to open up a slot was the only thing he could think of.

lmao dude Christian Shepherd like Jesus dude

should have ended on the fade to white

It was in the magical time where you could have an Iraqi muslim die in a suicide bombing and endless jokes about a hispanic man being obese and no one got triggered either.

because all those little things felt genuine and were not heavily emphasized

still no explanation

>Sawyers variety of fat jokes was hilarious tho
>hey ihop

Nothing with Desmond makes any fucking sense and I actually hate it. Like his episodes are good TV but they don't follow any rules, and the way they explain it is "The rules don't apply to you".

For example, in Flashes Before Your Eyes, Eloise knows he has flashed back to his off island self. Is she timetravelling? She's like "You're not supposed to buy the ring, you are supposed to contemplate it blah blah and end up on the island". How does she know that it specifically pertains to the ring and that he wouldn't buy it.

Next thing that doesnt make sense, in The Constant, when he is going back and forth he tells Penny he won't call her for 8 years. They make this sound like they haven't communicated in 8 years, making this a very powerful moment, but like we see a flashback of the two of them together right before Desmond was going to leave for the boat race. This time travelling really doesn't make sense.

Then the last issue, I don't think they ever even intended to be possible to reason, but when the losties are flashing around time in S5, daniel knocks on the door of the hatch and gives Desmond a new memory. This makes zero sense whatsoever because later its established, whatever happened happened. So Desmond should remember that happening. I assume the rules apply to Daniel still...

A hack called JJ Abrams hit upon the lucrative idea of a mystery show where he makes it up as he goes along to avoid actually having to write a script at all. He calls this technique the "MYSTERY BOX, '" and believes not explaining anything is 'good writing '. Even JK Rowling wrote out a story outline on some napkins and knew how Harry Potter would end. Babylon 5 had all five years of the show plotted out meticulously. This means that JJ is an even worse writer than JK Rowling
>'a...at least it kept you guessing though. ..
'NO! "

everything involving eloise is just a bunch of shit. her character is by far the most ridiculous character in the entire series. in desmonds episode she is his guide for what's happening to him and there is absolutely no explanation for why or how she does that.

JJ Abrams only worked on the pilot, I really dislike that the soyboy jew gets credit for Lost.

why do people keep saying this is abrams fault? he didn't write a single episode outside of the pilot. the person you should be blaming is damon lindelof

>then why does the black smoke randomly terrorizes and sometimes try to kill these people?
The black smoke was a dick who liked killing people, not really a hard conclusion to jump to.

>aren't they all supposed to be candidates?
No, only the names that were on Jacobs wall were considered candidates.

>the black smoke tries to drag john down a hole in the first season, and he is confirmed as a candidate. so what the fuck? he's not allowed to kill candidates
He wasn't trying to kill him, he was probably going to manipulate Locke down there like he did to Ben in season 6

The finale's message basically was
>yeah, some weird shit happened and people probably died but it doesn't really matter in the end

What do you need explained in particular?

then lindelof almost did the exact same thing to Leftovers, even wedged in the same sidetrack to Australia/remote island being nuked

>No, only the names that were on Jacobs wall were considered candidates.

wasn't mr ekos name on the wall too? the smoke killed him. and if it's the case that he kills everyone other than the candidates then why didn't he just kill the other 50 passengers there were camped out on the island?

I'm pretty sure that "whatever happened, happened" thing was them tricking Desmond into thinking he couldn't change the past when in reality he could if he tried. otherwise why would they try so hard to keep him on course if it was inevitable? After he blew up the hatch and was fully exposed to the energy pocket under the station the rules really didn't apply to him. He was already changing the course of history in small ways just by scrambling to figure out what was happening to him. who's to say he couldn't have changed it all?. and the reason Eloise knew what dates and locations to try to stop him from changing the course of history was presumably obtained from Daniel's notebook after she killed him in the past.

Hinduism presented as technological.
Christianity presented as magical.
300 shitty cliffhangers.

People get stranded on a mysterious magic island. The people later meet again in purgatory.
It's a good show.

leftovers is just lost version 2.5

Whats Lost version 2?

Mr Ekos name wasnt on the wall. And the smoke monster was a dick but he was a smart dick, thered be no point in killing everyone that's not a candidate.

Can someone please explain to me what the fuck the Rules were? How come these rules were powerful enough to have control over characters' behavior? How do you create a new rule? Is there a limit to what you can do with them? Are they literally just magic?

She did it for power. To control the Island. Both her and her mad shit husband. Desmond was truly the only one immune to the island's shit.

ekos name is in the lighthouse, so his name is probably in the cave somewhere. why would jacob have his name in the lighthouse and not the cave? he's watching potential candidates in the lighthouse.

kek this pic always gets me

The island came with the rules. Apparently the mad woman created the Rules because both Jacob and MIB were potentially capable. Jacob did some shit that created even more rules. How it worked is over time they figured out what could and couldn't be done. How do we know this? In the beginning Jacob wasn't sure, by the end he and MIB was.

where did they get the 'if i die you can't change into anyone else' rule from? the only character who says anything like that is that chubby latina girl, she said that the smoke monster was 'stuck like this' or something. i don't remember when she says it, but locke does in fact change into alex in season 6 when ben gets 'judged'

I wasnt aware his name was in the lighthouse, but if it's true that just means that Eko at one point was a candidate, but got crossed off.

that doesn't make sense either. kate got crossed off because she became a mother, but then she goes back on the island, she decided to not be a mother anymore. smoke monster didn't do anything to her. then jacob says the job is still hers if she wants it

shit dont make no sense

The magic part of the show stopped bothering me when I read the theory that the black smoke was some demon contained by that bright cave, and it was set free when Jacob killed his brother. At that point the smoke fused with his brother. His brother was not the black smoke, or not fully. Its some evil demon. The rest is magic dont gotta explain shit.

I have more issue with the waste of half a season with flash sideways, and some of the more scientific shit mentioned here

The smoke monster doesn't kill people just because he can. He kills who he feels he has to in order to manipulate others. I just assumed he didn't kill kate because it would go against his master plan to use Sawyer and Jack

>The smoke monster doesn't kill people just because he can.

he kills the airplane pilot for no real reason

Jacob crossed her off because he thought that Kate would prioritize the kid over the island, and then changed his mind. Smokey probably thought Kate could still be manipulated and chose not to kill her right away

You now remember the first scene of S2, where we follow Desmond on his ordinary day until the hatch gets blown off

God damn, I still love this show so much

youve gottaaaa
MAKKKKE UR OWN KINDAAA MUSICCC

Maybe he wanted to set an example? idk. But theres a difference between killing a few guys for no reason and killing every person he comes into contact with

Mr. Eko's name was crossed out when he died. Smokey was trying to manipulate him using his brothers image(note that all the forms Smokey takes are people whose corpses are on the island). When Eko said he had no more regrets and nothing left to be sorry for Smokey realized he could no longer be manipulated or convinced into undermining the island so he killed him. The reason Smokey doesn't just kill everyone is because the more people there are for him to manipulate the better. if he can convince everyone in a large group that the island is a scary and dangerous place then the people that ARE candidates in that group will believe it too and be more easily manipulated into killing Jacob/The Island.

>note that all the forms Smokey takes are people whose corpses are on the island

not true, ben's mom did not die on the island and he shapeshifted into her to lure ben into the jungle

"ADDAS! ADDAS!"

*continues to get beaten up by the tail end survivors*

Killing the pilot makes perfect sense. Smokey's main goal is convincing everyone that the island is a nightmare and they need to destroy it/escape it. By killing the pilot he kills their biggest sense of hope at that moment, someone that could have potentially flown them off the island or at least knew their general location.

youtube.com/watch?v=mHvd6FoRDpw

KINO

the airplane was destroyed, they weren't going anywhere

Hm, I had forgotten about that. my main point of Smokey's agenda still stands but that is odd. was there any other times that Smokey turned into someone whose body wasn't on the island?

well he turned into that black horse that kate sees, that thing was definitely not on the island

oh, he also turns into richard's wife

True. but the hope of escape is still higher when someone that knows how to operate some kind of aircraft or escape vessel is alive.

>waaah waaah we didnt get to find out the smoke monsters favortite kind of berry

every big question had an answer and even some of the small ones that were pointless

every big question had a retarded answer, that's the point.

Richard's wife wasn't Smokey that was a real ghost. That's why Richard couldn't see it and Hurley could. She told Richard to help stop Smokey and save the island. no reason why Smokey himself would have told Richard that.

>No show will get that big of a budget again
Lost was a fucking bargain compared to shows that have come after that. The Crown is 9 million per episode, Game Of Thrones, Rome, and Boardwalk Empire were way more, even accounting for inflation. Some shows are more expensive because of cast salaries, but in terms of production costs, it's been left in the dust compared to shows like Westworld and GoT, Marco Polo, and The Crown. Investors and networks are pumping insane amounts of cash into productions now.

If thats what most people were bitching about I'd have no complaints, but these threads are always filled with people saying the show gave no answers which is just flat out wrong

Surprising that Jack's actor didn't really have a career after this show. A lot more talented than most of the leading men out there.

he hit a woman and was DUI

no, it was before that. richard's wife shows up on that boat when he's in chains and richard talks with her.

massive ego + loads of other issues

>DUI
Literally nothing.
>Hit a woman
The only citation on that is the angry hobbit accusing him on twitter.

If that's the only things he has done he is literally a saint compared to most of the people in hit movies or TV shows. There has to be more to it than that. I suppose he doesn't exactly have a very hollywood look to him.

i never thought much of his acting. he's kind of like a sam worthington generic type of 'lead man' and there's thousands of guys out there just like him. he fit the role of jack fine but that's pretty much it

He's been working. None of them have really gone on to superstardom, even Lily, who they keep trying to shove down everyone's throats, but they're all working. I would guess he made so much from Lost he picks and chooses his parts, or he could be so typecast now that he can't get gigs - but I doubt he's hurting for cash.

Glad I looked at the IMDBs for some of them, the guy who played Ben is gonna be in the TV version of The Name of The Rose, with John Turturro as William of Baskerville (Sean Connery's part in the movie). It's either going to be awesome, or a complete fiasco. Can't wait!

Oh damn. that's right. So that's two cases of him being someone whose body isn't on the island.

yea i don't know if it was just oversight by the people writing it or they knew and thought people wouldn't notice

This isn’t even one of the confusing elements. The DI brought the polar bears. They were experimented on at the Hydra and trained to push the wheel. This is how the polar bear skeleton with the DI collar ends up in the desert.

It wasn't until the 3rd rewatch I realized how brilliant the Jack character and actor was.

This scene where he reads Locke's suicide letter is amazing, possibly my favourite, and it took 2 rewatches to appreciate.

Worthington is a piece of wood most of the time. Matthew Fox was extremely convincing at depicting the constant state of near emotional breakdown from having to press on despite all the pressures being placed on him.

Supposedly he hated staying in Hawaii.

he's good at acting he's constantly on the edge, i'll give him that. all the romantic type of scenes with him and kate are really cringey though, didn't buy any of it

They weren't as good as his other scenes. but they weren't bad if you consider that he was supposed to ham it up in those to an extent. Because of all the psychological abuse he took from his father growing up he is very bad at expressing his emotions and connecting with people, he just buries the emotions and hopes his actions do most of the talking for him. So in those romance scenes he's basically dropping spaghetti out of his pockets.

His british parents that adopted him when he was a baby both died during the filming of season 2. It sent him into a depression spiral and he was starting to drink heavily. Hawaii reminded him too much of coastal nigeria where his biological parents tried to force him to relocate when he was 8. he has a really fucking depressing backstory.

No a polar bear appeared in early season 1. We didnt get an explanation untill season 3 i think

i just read his wiki page. what the fuck