What does Cred Forums think of the greatest sitcom of all time?

I think the greatest sitcom of all time was the greatest sitcom of all time.

Pic related.

I'm actually watching That 70's Show for the first time since it aired.

Pretty decent.

Oh yeah, overall - Friends, Seinfeld, Community, unranked.

Neither of those are Frasier nor Barney Miller.

Not even close.

Does anyone else remember how the popularity of this show shaped the culture for a little while? Like 70s style and music making a comeback and guys had long hair like Kelso

patrician taste

Are you all forgetting someone?

Checked, dubs don't lie. Matter of fact, dubs never lied!

jfc that kind of dubs doesn't count newfriend

We are now further away in time from the premiere of That 70s Show than it was from the time it was set in.

Time for That 90s Show?

no such thing happened. you only started to pay attention to people with that hair. nothing special happened, your perceptions changed

Really went aggressively downhill after Season 3

You've got it backwards, user. 70s nostalgia was already a thing on MTV and movies like the Brady Bunch.

Oh really. I thought this was Cred Forums not Gentlemen Square.

Friends already exists, user

Goes great with pot

with teenagers dumbass

>tfw Red's character would be replaced with a permissive, corny, more politically correct dad from the 90s

I couldn't get past Charlie's death. They went from a pack dumbass stoner kids to a pack of soulless laughing ghouls.

Too many laugh tracks
What the hell is this? This must be the only american sitcom that has not been on swedish television, because I've never even heard of this.

>That 90s Show
>Hide runs small label that pioneers grunge
>Eric is teacher
>show starts with Eric divorcing Donna

I actually really want this to happen now.

It's not very funny.
They set an episode in the first season in late 1977, so the entire show takes place in less than three years
Donna was an unattractive butch with the voice of a horse.
Hyde was the biggest sellout in the history of drug using burnouts.
Jackie's voice is irritating, like nails on a chalkboard.
Kelso's stupidity is actually annoying.

Aside from the title and the obvious 70's clothes, there really wasn't much about this show that was 1970s

This too. The show could be very mean spirited and cruel.

>Hyde was the biggest sellout in the history of drug using burnouts.
What do you mean? The record store gig or him going corporate?

All of it. One minute he's "fight the system" the next minute he's wearing a tie.

The only reason I know all of this is because my ex-gf loved this show, and I was forced to watch every season. We even went to a taping. The episode where Eric buys Donna a ring. After the show was over someone gave my gf a script signed by all the cast members, except for Topher Grace, who refused to hang out with the rest of the cast.

>can't remember who Charlie was so check the wiki
>Charlie likely had weak endurance to physical trauma, given that the other boys in the group had survived falling off the water tower.

This is unintentionally fucking hilarious.

A few years ago you would have been ridiculed for liking this slop but now people will agree with you. I'm getting old now.

Donna was my queen, I still love her.

Is it because you're gay?

31 responses and not a single mention of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'm disappointed, Cred Forums.

This show sucks assholes

She's the kind of girl who could really clog a toilet

Boring, with dead people laughs.

Why does comedy central now show this and the office? Someone explain please

My Top 5
1. Frasier
2. Married with Children
3. Seinfeld
4. 3rd Rock from the Sun
5. Coach

She looks like a goblin.

>except for Topher Grace
Had to google the name
>when he went to school, he detested being called Chris and changed his name to Topher
kek

But is it the last great sitcom? I tried thinking of a similar sitcom AFTER That 70s Show that even come close to the level of relevance

More like a trucker or a lumberjack

What do you mean by relevance?

More comfy than Great OP

Should’ve ended a season early and put the budget of the last series into a That 70s Movie where we see the cast in the future.

That 70s Show is the newest sitcom I’ve seen get syndicated in almost every city I’ve been in since it’s aired, it still gets somewhat talked about in certain circles but mostly I just can’t name a newer sitcom to last more than a couple seasons maybe

By that definition I can say The US Office, TBBT and Modern Family off the top of my head.

bumping my question since i miss watching stand up on that channel.

Stand Up is dead.

I'm not really sure if you should consider IASIP a sitcom

cheap syndication and probably decent viewership. after all, there aren't many comedy shows out there, gotta fill the dead time with something

Why did he hate the cast so much? Sounds pretty ungrateful.

i think that 70s show peaked somewhere around season 3, or atleast that's if memory serves right. I just remember the last season with randy being miserable because of randy. He never actually felt like he was talking to anyone on screen. But to be honest I really preferred scrubs.

Shame they don't just air their old shows then.

Ashton Kutcher is a beautiful cunt, probably jealous.
Danny Masterson is a Scientologist and rapist.
Mila Kunis has a shrill as fuck voice.

Honestly, don’t blame him.

I remember the show going bad after the musical episode, can't remember which season that is. I also hated how they made Fez all about candy.

Well hyde did hate it. It could have been he just accepted that he needed to work. But that being said, yeah Grace was an ungrateful asshat who thought he was off to stardom and is a c lister at best.

Agreed, or even bother with new ones. I kinda liked drunk history.

that was very late into season 4, and I agree, fez making almost nonstop candy references really just killed his character.

Fez and Kelso were unbelievably obnoxious I remember. They completely stopped being funny.

Leave wholesome Christian kino to me

The El Dude Brothers! EHHHH EHHHHH

dumb normalfag

>when ari shaffir replaces your alpha brain with estrogen pills for a joke

>Danny Masterson is a Scientologist and rapist.
what happened? really?

Yes he’s been accused by dozens of women, most notably Chrissie Carnell.
The Church of Scientology allegedly continues to cover up his crimes.

bump

bump

The Cane episode is so based. RIP Phil Hartman

was he a creep during that 70s show? Wow he was my favorite character on there.

That is what Fresh off the Boat is. Plus the planned Goldbergs spinoff.

Nah it sucked from the start. Will Smith is one of the least talented famous people on the planet.

>What does Cred Forums think of the greatest sitcom of all time?
jewy

So when people call others jews does that mean their family is jewish? Or that they practice it? Like if you found out you had one had jewish person in your family who ended up joining the religion but only that family member did, are you now jewish?