SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (December 14, 2018)

Thoughts?

>Shameik Moore as Miles Morales / Spider-Man.
>Bryan Tyree Henry as Jefferson Davis, Miles' father.
>Mahershala Ali as Aaron Davis / Prowler, Miles' uncle.
>Liev Schreiber as Morlun, the slayer of Spider-Men.

youtube.com/watch?v=ii3n7hYQOl4

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Verse
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks cool.
I know zero about miles morales though, except by name.

Looking forward to watching this in 4K at home for the beautiful visuals and I'm also looking forward to the Vince Staples original song that plays in the trailer to be released. That's about it.

Looks like kino’s back on the menu

Was wondering why they were playing rap-kinda music in a trailer that looks like it'd be a good home for synthwave or something.
Then he took of his mask.
>Ooooooh.tff
Missed opportunity IMO.

at this point black people might actually think they are super heroes

Vince Staples is a good midway point between electronic and rap imo.

It will be the world's first capekino.

Any chance that Tobey is going to voice Peter?

Yeah, it's about where I draw my limit for listen-to-ability of rap.
IIRC there was a pretty cool League of Legends video that came out at some point that had the same thing.
I just though that the visuals of this trailer would have commanded a more 80's synthwave groove. Wasn't bad, mind you, just thought it could have been better.
It's no Pacific Rim 2-tier trailer, that's for damn sure heh.

>that choppy, stop-motion-esque animation
That alone would be enough to get my dick hard, but this is Lord/Miller we’re talking about. If this is anything like Lego Movie, which considering it’s tackling the Spider-Verse storyline it will be, we have a good fucking chance of getting Jap Spidey’s GIANT FUCKING MECH on the big screen.

>I know zero about miles morales though
I'll give you the tl;Dr
>created in an alternate universe by a new after Peter Parker died.
>moves over to the main universe where Peter is still alive, still calls himself Spider-Man
>has all the powers of Parker Spidey PLUS electric shock sting touch that KOs any enemy, PLUS invisibility

>Morlun
Even in his own fucking movie he doesn't have a genuine villain. He just has one of Peter's.

i thought miles morales was in the ultimate universe. he's in 616 now? arent there already like 5 spider theme'd heroes in 616 lol

He sounds OP.
What about the Scarlet Spider Man or Crimson Spider man? (googles) Ben Reilly? Is he tied into this in any way? Is this movie based on anything?
Or is it an 'original' story?

it's base don this - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Verse

no, someone else will voice him

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Verse
Cheers

dead career

Just reading the first little bit of that makes me feel like this movie is going to mean a lot less to me than it would have it I had been following the events.
Lot's of backstory.
If Spider Gwen is in it though - insta book.

I'll only see this movie if the Emissary of Hell is featured heavily.

>spicman is better and stronger than white spidermn!
Ebin

>black character appears
>rap music starts playing
everytime

That would be fucking rad

>not part of MCU

could not care less

yeah. A Spider-Gwen would have been a better choice. Nobody I know cares about Miles Morales.

ANOTHER fucking Spider-Man film?

Until you like it.

To be honest I know as much about her character as I do morales (nothing apart from ) in addition to the fact that I think that her outfit looks awesome - J Scott Campbell drawings come to mind. Looks like this movie's style will translate well.
Does she even have enough of a character/engaging backstory/recognizable villains to lead a film?

They killed the Ultimate universe
616 now has (from my limited knowledge):
Peter parker,
Peter parker's clone Kaine (Scarlet Spider, I think he died in Spider-Verse but I haven't been keeping up),
Miles Morales (from ultimate universe),
Agent Venom (but I haven't been keeping up so don't know what his current status is),
Spider-woman,
Miguel O'hara (future Spider-man from 2099),
Spider-girl (Anya, but she moved to being an inter-planar hero)
Silk (girl bitten by the same spider as Peter)
There was a spider-gwen ongoing and she moved often between universes but she's still living in her own one I think
I'm very sure I've missed one, but I can't think of more

Also, 'A spider-gwen'? Are there multiple versions?
JSC drew a Gwenom once - is that a legit thing?

>White characters will never get the joy of having an insert song
The absolute state of American media.

To be fair, there wasn't a Miles Morales movie before, it was always Peter Parker so this is new.

Normies don't know who he is, all they see is Spider-Man.

Normies know who Miles and Gwen are. They don't care about Miles but they do know who he is.

Just like said, also Miles & Peter have a different suit, even ppl who don't read the comics can tell the difference and of course if he removes the mask, you know that ti's a different person with a different race. You don't have to read comics to see that.

>but this is Lord/Miller we’re talking about.

Actually, it's just Miller. And he just wrote the story.

Don't get your hopes up for much.

>if he removes the mask, you know that ti's a different person with a different race
I can't fucking wait for every single fucking discussion or post or news article about this movie being about how the main character is a nigger and how progressive/regressive this is

>Agent Venom (but I haven't been keeping up so don't know what his current status is),
He's Agent Anti-Venom now and Brock has the symbiote back

Cred Forums will start their shit about Spidey getting blacked but eveyone else on the internet will call him thei only Spider-Man. There are already fans on twitter and tumblr who only like Miles & he's their only Spider-Man.

>There are already fans on twitter and tumblr who only like Miles & he's their only Spider-Man.
That's fucking dumb, he's a shit character so it can't be his characterization that they like

why does Cred Forums always have to be fucking right

I love this choice.

I don't know why they like Miles so much, maybe it's because of his race or maybe they really like him as a character more than Peter. They are really hyped about Miles and even in the MCU, they wanted Miles instead of Peter. I saw a girl the other day, she posted that Peter must die so they'll replace him with Miles. I see stuff like this daily on random social media and I'm not surprised tbqh. These days, it's all about diversity & I also see many white people supporting this.

I hate that in comics they have to bring his race up constantly, like how in Civil War 2 all the heroes were all just voicing their opinions and then they meet a black person and go all "this is like RACIAL PROFILING which is bad and we know because we're black!"
Which was annoying since Miles was a major character in that event

>Even in his own fucking movie he doesn't have a genuine villain. He just has one of Peter's.

The Prowler is right there, bro.

Stop reading ultimate before miles ever came along. See nothing special or unique about him

Stopped reading Spider-Man a bit after anti venom appeared

So had a long ass read of the Wikipedia story and Jesus was that some convoluted bullshit.
Honestly the spideman cartoon did it better

Fucking ruining morlun the ultimate bad guy for Spider-Man
I remember reading the comic as it came out. I genuinely thought peter was going to die. Everyone at the time did. Peter being chased across NY getting the shit beat out of him
No one to help , can't go see aunt may as morlun has caught Peters scent
No Mary Jane. Injured , tired , beat down all alone . Peter was suffering this was a living nightmare
Now this is where peter defeats morlun not because of his powers but because he was the scientist

Finally he gets back to his little apartment , weak injured , bones broken, just barely makes it to thge bed and passes out.
Then in the final page aunt may makes a surprise visit as she was worried about peter and she discovers his spidemasn costume on the floor

Prowler existed before Miles. There is no villain that is uniquely a Miles Morales villain.

Ultimate Prowler is pretty strictly Miles.

>>continued

That's the story we need. Peter being hunted like an animal by someone stronger , faster and more powerful then him
Alone in a city of millions.

The following issue is all about aunt may. Not a single word spoken just her appreciating that Peter is a hero and sending an angry email to the bugle over there anti spidemam stories .

This is all part of j Michael stratyski run on Spiderman
Which is just amazing except for the Stacy Osborne kids bullshit

But if you want to understand Spider-Man, then read his run .
Shit I even watched babylon5 because of his writing on spiderman

at 0:40, why doesn't his body breaks like it happened to Gwen in the Amazing Spiderman movie?

Superior spider bones.