Reminder that this is happening

Reminder that this is happening

variety.com/2018/film/news/sicario-2-call-of-duty-pic-activision-studios-exclusive-1202697515/

>Plot details are under wraps, but when Sher traded in her veteran producing job for the new gig, she and van Dyk talked about the idea of turning this mega gaming franchise into a cinematic universe that could rival Marvel or DC.

>During an interview with the Guardian last April, they both discussed how they were putting together a universe that will draw on the feel of the different incarnations of the game rather than bringing over existing plots. With that said, its unknown what era this game would focus on though its likely to stay in present day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pymm6cmE9uQ
comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/12/ryan-reynolds-akiva-goldsman-tapped-for-potential-rainbow-six-mo/
variety.com/2013/film/games/michael-bay-to-develop-ubisofts-ghost-recon-film-at-warner-bros-exclusive-1200491557/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dear god if they could just copy paste MW2’s campaign into a movie that would be perfect.

>they were putting together a universe that will draw on the feel of the different incarnations of the game rather than bringing over existing plots.
lmao

Patrician user. Keep the zimmer ost too.

so in other words it will be shit.

Que the tranny, token blacks and feminists in 1, 2, 3......

>Remember user, no Russian.
What did he mean by this?

Wow this sounds shit. Either it will be pg-13 trying to get that capeshit money (and thus neutered and crap). Or it will be insanely low budget and r-rated and a shit(er) version of the Expendables

yes forcing a universe always works so well.

and here I was thinking our guy was gonna do soldado

Making a CoD movie is like making a GTA movie. It makes no sense. These franchises already are combination of the various tropes of war/crime movies.

MW and MW2 had great campaigns, no fighting in the war room would be great on as a scene.

Reminder that we are getting a Monster Hunter movie set in the modern day for some fucking reason.

Finally, video game movies will be able to achieve kino.

he already shot that

youtube.com/watch?v=Pymm6cmE9uQ

>Da, I know a place

dundundun dundun dun dadundundun dundundun dundun duN DA DUNDUNDUN

It makes perfect sense

>Make a war movie with over the top gun fights
>Slap the CoD name on it
>$$$

>Make a crime movie with over the top car chases
>Slap the GTA name on it
>$$$

>have perfect stories from Cod4, WaW, MW2, Black Ops 1, MW3
>they were putting together a universe that will draw on the feel of the different incarnations of the game rather than bringing over existing plots.
it's going to be shit

So?

>operatorkino with "Call of Duty" slapped on it

could be kino will prolly be shit tho

>tfw no Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon operator movies in the Tom Clancy cinematic universe

I want a scene where a character with marathon and commando just runs around knifing everybody.

This

>director will likely set it in the modern day

Just use one of the MW campaigns, they are all present day-ish and all feature Russia as a bad guy in some form, kids will love it.

>be call of duty movie
>be shootout scene
>have some nigger sitting in the corner of the screen with one man army launching noobtubes into the sky
>have grown men spinning around 360 degrees with sniper rifles

if they're gonna just be stupid, we need a noscope scene

>soldier runs around with akimbo shotguns
>gets 7 kills
>airstrike gets approved

I remember waiting for the Halo movie.

IT'S A ME, SICARIO

comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/12/ryan-reynolds-akiva-goldsman-tapped-for-potential-rainbow-six-mo/

this article is old as shit though

variety.com/2013/film/games/michael-bay-to-develop-ubisofts-ghost-recon-film-at-warner-bros-exclusive-1200491557/