The Witcher screenwriter is having a serious writer's block

It's going to suck hard isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/netflix-cast-polish-actors-for-netflix-the-witcher-adaptation
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-24-meeting-andrzej-0witcher
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

she seems to spend more time writing tweets on twitter than actually writing the script

>She's not even halfway through the season
>Already out of ideas

In going to kill myself

the synopsis told us all it would be shit

>literally just follow the novels

Why the fuck is some roastie writing this shit? Fucking why? It’s going to be walking dead again.. fucking god awful writin
WHY?

>struggling to write scenes that someone else already wrote

How can we give her inspiration Cred Forums?

>one scene a day. No excuses!
Do writers really get this much freedom? Wow

The books are already WRITTEN you talentless, leeching, nepotistic, insipit cunt. HOW FUCKING HARD is it to turn them into a script? It's not rocket scinence, you liberal women studies bachelor's monkey.
Not that I ever intend to watch this Netflix kike cancer, just passing through this thread.

>Running out of ideas when you have a plethora of source material to work with and already written for you.

Women writers, not even once.

Women can't be solitary for 3 fucking seconds. Everything has to tweeted and signaled, from what they eat to how they work. They can only exist in relation to how other people perceive them

>female writer
>witcher

WHY WOULD A PROFESSIONAL TWEET THIS

Netflix.

(((Netflix)))

I hope the trend of forced diversity dies off soon. Its really frustrating to watch this shit unfold publicly. Just give it to soneone who can get shit done and understands the material. Audiences couldnt give a shit about the race or gender if its a good movie/show jesus fucking christ

>female
>non-slavic
>shitloads of source material and still cant come up with scenes

>They can only exist in relation to how other people perceive them

Yep. Thats why you almost never see self-depricating humour in women.

it's a woman, of course it's going to fail hard

Shes preparing for the shitstorm her writing is going to summon

How is publicly admitting that you have nothing to write and are literally forcing yourself to write things down, like it's a shitty homework assignment you don't want to do, going to help weather a storm?

How the fuck do they hire those hacks?
I dont understand anything anymore.

All they had to do was get a semi competent director and be faithful to the source material.

you just have to use scenes from to books ffs
how an you run out ideas when doing that?

>industry professional
>"I have to write one scene a day."
This can't be real. I know people that write for a hobby and they put more effort into their shit.

>Witcher has a bunch of short stories that can fill up a season or 2.
>writer's block

This is why you don't fucking hire women for creative jobs. What an absolutely pathetic tweet. She should be writing rom-coms or teen romance adaptations not the fucking Witcher.

>can't make a tv show script out of several books worth of material and three games
all she has to do is rework the story into a different mold
no creative work

Nice job.
>wake up at 2pm
>pound out a few paragraphs
>whew, what a day
>I deserve this cold beer

>tweeting about how hard you job is
what did she mean by this?
is she trying to say that she's not suited for the job
what the FUCK man I feel like I'm getting crazier and crazier
Also
I wonder if she played the games or read the book
>can't make any original story arcs in teh witcher's universe
what

propaganda takes work

She's struggling to find ways to cram in more niggers and holes.

I can't even imagine watching movies and TV shows written by these idiots. Idk how some of you even find the time.

>Written by Rian Johnson
Stay for the credits next time you're in theatres you fucking pleb

time to make an account to tell her what a lazy self-centered bitch she is

On top of that she's a fucking chick
>no matter what she produces, it will be given 3 additional points of rating

The worst is still ahead of us. There will be a point where literally nothing produced in any media is worth a damn because it's diversity before quality. But eventually there will be a backlash. People can only be fed shit for so long. Just feel like it might be at least another 10 years.

if they did this, assuming its an hour long show, we would get about 3 minutes of geralt per show. the books should have been called yennifer, ciri and some guy with a bum knee who complains about it a lot

>what did she mean by this?
Someone asked her on twitter how she copes with writers block so she replied with a string of tweets about a hypothetical situation. OP took one tweet out of context and now everyone in the thread’s sperging out over nothing

lol the creative part is by far the easiest. the polishing is the hard part that makes all the difference

how is writers block even a thing? do you need low intelligence to experience such things?

but yeah of course its a woman

worrying. you'd expect a professional and seasoned writer to not have these problems, or at least it not be this severe that she has to write it for the public to know about it.

Giving you a faithful adaptation was never the goal. Subverting each and every last bastion of white male culture is the goal. You really think giving one of the few video game franchises enjoyed by the "toxic" part of the gaming demographic to a female was a mistake? It's cultural genocide. The systematic erasure of all white art.

Hey why don’t you fuck my wife faggot?

It's typical girl shit. She's looking for sympathy, attention, and "You can do it" "Rock that shit girl!" crap.

didn't even realize dijkstra was a main character in the books
Should I read them?

It's like she's setting up to deflect all the shit that comes at her.

Studio tells her to finish her shit, she can say she is being harassed for her mental block.
It comes out and everyone tells her it's shit, she can say she was suffering from depression when she wrote it.

>said the tripfag

>(((netflix)))
>female feminist writer
geralt will be a side character at best, just like it happened with mad max.

I hope she's just typical attention whoring female and not seriously having troubles with it
he has tons of material and is supposed to be professional
just do your job bitch

i dont hate the books, its just Cred Forums led me to believe it was about a monster hunter dude going around and hunting monsters, when in reality, its him trying to find some 11 year old girl that got taken from him. i like them, just not what i expected. and dikstra is pretty cool, if i got the right guy, hes the spymaster right? there are about 200000 crazy names in these books, and they introduce a new 2 or 3 every chapter. dandilion and regis are by far the best characters though

she has a writers block because she only writes about gays and lesbians and bbc and none of them is in witcher

It needs more DIVERSITY. :^)

No, they're actually pretty bad

It's just not her story. She should fall back. Step away from the computer. Never force it. Do some other activities. Meditate and clear your head to give room for new ideas. Or just go out and socialize and try not to think about it. Hopefully you'll experience something that will inspire a scene or a line of dialogue. Or just have fun with it, that way it's fun for the audience. Brainstorming is also key. Think before you write. Plot a course you are going to navigate so you know what beats to hit and when. When you finally come up with a scene, push it aside and come up with a way to do it better.
>No excuses.
I agree.

Christ that can't be real.

Of course it's going to suck, they have a fucking woman writing the script. Geralt is about fucking bitches and killing monsters, she's going to turn him into a white knight cuck that gets dominated by femme fatales.

So much this.

Netflix should be sending someone to her house to immediately get and change all her social media passwords and from then on keep a fucking close eye on her work.

For a professional to announce to the world they are having this kind of trouble when so much other shit is already underway is not okay.

What do you think? Silly goy

>but yeah of course its a woman
they are not all the same, Altered Carbon was created by woman for Netflix too, but it was her passion project she was trying to get done for 15 years

>geralt is about killing monsters
did we read the same books?

seriously though, why did they give the writing gig to a woman
jesus christ

>, Altered Carbon was created by woman for Netflix too, but it was her passion project she was trying to get done for 15 years

Altered Carbon was SJW propaganda. Every white male is either a villain or an idiot and gets murdered. Revoltingly ugly black girl is supposed to be ultra hot prostitute with kung-fu skills.

Just make it an all black cast and give half of them hijabs.
The movie can just be them fighting on set for two hours over the last piece of Halal friend chicken.

5 main saga books, 3 short story collections and a standalone novel. On top of the three games. Anyone who calls themselves a writer should be ashamed of themselves if they can't adapt any of that material.

90 percent of overcoming writers block is actually putting words on the paper. You need to write even if you won't keep much of the final product. Once you start writing and stop thinking about how to start you will get the ideas you need even if some needs to be rewritten or thrown out. Constant breaks and meditation are usually just procrastinating.

Did you read The Last Wish? That one is a collection of the short stories that mostly follows Geralt doing Witcher things.

>Revoltingly ugly black girl is supposed to be ultra hot prostitute with kung-fu skills.
ok, this was absolutely horrible
for me it was more of a dystopian scenario and warning of how terrible a world where all races are mixed would be

I only read one of the books when I was a kid, never played any of the games. That's the impression I got of him.

Nah that's a satire account

It's all so tiresome. I wish I had a better hobby than film and television, maybe like sports or something. At least I wouldn't have to deal with this shit daily and wouldn't be a fat alcoholic.

no, im reading them in release order, i didnt know there were books about before the main story until i was already 4 books into the series. i will read those 2 after though.

Bingo

That's not release order.

Truthfully The Witcher stories are more about twisting and putting a new spin on classic fairy tales than about hunting monsters.

Yeah what a cunt, forcing herself to be productive.

females were a mistake

>woman writer

It was going to be shit no matter what

Show me how you structure Last Wish in a TV format.

Yennefer's in it even less than Geralt though. It's the Ciri variety hour after book 5, just her and a band of minor recurring characters.

>complete uninspired due to lack of genuine interest
>thinks one scene a day is a realistic goal for a pro writer

Why on earth would you post a tweet like this? You get a big job, and you post publicly that you're struggling with it? Like, is she trying to get fired?

>what the FUCK man I feel like I'm getting crazier and crazier
You are, stop posting on Cred Forums while you still can.

>I wonder if she played the games or read the book
Games no, books yes.

Look at her twitter and put the tweet in its proper context

You mean Cred Forums led you to believe that.

Post the whole chain.

Polishing is part of writing and probably being included in that goal.

They're very good but you're a Cred Forumstard so you'll hate them.

This is terrible advice. If you only write when you're in the zone and have a ton of inspiration you'll never finish anything.

>move over Lauren, we got this

>Geralt is about fucking bitches and killing monsters,
Not really, no.

I'm starting to like Lauren Hissrich just because Cred Forums freaks out about her so much. it's sort of like what the MSM did to me with Trump. Should I be worried?

wow that's extremely sexist and misogynistic. Why can't a girl enjoy something without being an expert on it?

>story is primarily about family
>Show runner is actually a loyally married mother of two
>Decries shoving your politics and gender identity shit into places it doesn't belong
>Loves the books she's adapting
>Has worked on at least one decent show as a writer (Daredevil)
Why do we hate her again?

The fact that you listed the games first says everything you need to know about this thread.

you do the polishing after you are done with the creative, not at the same fucking time

you whet the sword after you have forged it, you dont fucking whet the ores while digging in the mine

Yea, but if you don't know the end result, how would you know what to include or omit. Before you start a scene you should know where the scene ends or your going to either go all over the place or in circles. You need to know what path you're eventually going to take because when the page is blank the number of routes to the final destination is limitless. She's a professional so I assume she has
>actually put words on the paper
Starting is nothing new to a professional. She is obviously more concerned with the conclusion and how she is going to tie up all the things she would like to include in the script.
>Constant breaks and meditation is usually just procrastinating.
So is sitting in front of a blank screen, worrying about what the next sentence is going to be. My point is to just relax. Mind, body, and soul. Find your focus, then write. If people think you're procrastinating, fuck them. They don't have to put their names under the title. Better to procrastinate and come up with something good than to just write whatever bullshit comes to mind.

>Netflix Original^TM

>you do the polishing after you are done with the creative, not at the same fucking time
No wonder you can't get employed as a writer.

>you whet the sword after you have forged it, you dont fucking whet the ores while digging in the mine
How long did you spend polishing this pretentious analogy?

>I rarely get writer's block
What the fuck writer's block happens to everyone, if she doesn't get writer's block it's because she'll just slap anything on a page to pad the word count. Real writers choose every word with care, sometimes spending a day on single sequence. Why the fuck was she hired to do this?

So now its a bad thing that she doesn't get writer's block

The fact that she checks CNN for news is literally the first thing she's said about herself that I don't like desu

woow looks like we have an expert dipshit. I am not a professional writer. are you?

Nothing wrong here. Carry on.

Not gonna lie, genuine Witcher fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching Lauren crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this chick produce the series.

>Show me how you structure Last Wish in a TV format.
That's not our job, is it?

I'm starting to think these threads are a psyop by Netflix shills to lower peoples' expectations for the series so much that they end up liking it when it doesn't turn out horrible.

What a retard. This is why people shouldn't be allowed to adapt ANYTHING if they don't even read the fucking source material. And if you're struggling to adapt something that's already written, than you shouldn't be writing it. Give the reins to someone with a combination of skill, and love for the material.

Fucking hacks.

She's making sex scenes bros why did we ever doubt her?

I'm just saying, it's not as easy as just "copy the books lel". Anthologies, even ones loosely tied to an overarching narrative like Sword of Destiny, are not an easy thing to translate into a serialized TV show.

The witcher is basically medevil batman write it like that

She's read the source material.

To be edgy in an acceptable, conformist way.

>People can only be fed shit for so long.
I dunno, man. MCU has been going on for a really long time.

>The witcher is basically medevil batman write it like that
Tell me how the Witcher is medieval Batman, using at least three examples from the book series.

>Can't paraphrase one paragraph of shitty Sapkowski writing PER DAY

And here I am on upwork working for peanuts

The games are literally the reason why this is getting made to begin with. Nobody in the west would know about the witcher books if not for the games. Unless you're a p*le you are being a pretentious twat if you pretend you didn't play the vidya first.

>The games are literally the reason why this is getting made to begin with.
It's being made because Game of Thrones will be over soon. TV people don't give a shit about vidya.
>the West
There's more to the west than the US and the UK you know.

>I get 2 different things and they are;
>Thing 1
>Thing 2
>Thing 3
Yep shes of to a good start, can't even count

Why are jews such monsters bros? I'm not even some goose-stepping Cred Forums racist or anything - these people fucking terrify me.

That's a twitter thing to make it clear it's a continued post and what order it came in, because twitter is a terrible format for multiple paragraph statements.

>Posted 3 minutes ago
WHICH ONE OF YOU WAS IT

>CNN
Yea, real reassuring.

I wonder if the last one was a Trissfag

>TV people don't give a shit about vidya
Never said they do. But the video games took this obscure polish fantasy series and introduced it to millions of eager Cred Forumsedditors. There would be no audience for this otherwise. How many other eastern european fantasy universes can you name?
>more to the west than US and UK
Poland is not the west and nobody outside Poland reads polish literature.

The books are trash so the show will probably be trash too. It's only respected in video game circles because their expectations are pathetically low.

The fuck? Can these reptilian fucks stop trying to muddy the waters everywhere they go.

Show vagene

How do they manage to hire the shittest people to write? Just watched Altered Carbon, any retard off the street could write a better script.
Is it nepotism?

A fucking woman.
Fucking dropped.
Burning my computer.
Forgetting the 100s of hours I put into the witcher games.
Burning the books I never bought or read.
Women.

She sounds so stupid and vapid.

>I'm not even some goose-stepping Cred Forums racist or anything
Maybe you should become one instead of being some sort of cancerous redditor pretending to be something you're not.

>and introduced it to millions of eager Cred Forumsedditors.
I don't think most Cred Forumsedditors ever read the books tbqh.

>Poland is not the west and nobody outside Poland reads polish literature.
The Witcher was in non-Polish languages long before the first game was released.

> and nobody outside Poland reads polish literature.
Patently untrue even if you're just talking about genre fiction.

holy shit you're a soothsayer

You would have hated any faithful adaptation anyway.

read it, its not

None of your arguments will erase the fact that you hadn't heard of The Witcher until at least the first game came out.

how about hire someone who can do a fucking job, jesus

I did. You're an idiot.

That's true in my case but irrelevant to everything else I said.

>Poland is not the west and nobody outside Poland reads polish literature.
Heart of Darkness is written by a Pole.
Also Stanislaw Lem is classic SF author from Poland that any cultured reader knows.

>wriiter's block when there's plenty of source material already to draw inspiration from or to pretty much just rewrite

I fucking hate women

you're wrong dude she lists 3 things she actually acknowledges it in her next tweet

>Cred Forums witcher threads started with waifubait pics are comfy and intelligent
>Cred Forums witcher threads started with anything else are pure shit
Bizarro universe

she is responsible for the shitshow that is the defenders. why are they even doing this? she obviously is not passionate about the project, meanwhile i am certain there are many good male writers who would jump at the opportunity to do The Witcher justice. instead, Netflix is going to just fuck it up with incoherent storylines and quips.

It's five posts so if she was doing what you said she'd post 1-5, the numbers are in the middle of the tweets not the start. And she writes them as 1.) Distracted. with a description. then 2.) Discouraged. with a description. Then 3.) Bored. with a description

>she is responsible for the shitshow that is the defenders.
She wasn't the showrunner on the Defenders.

Hey, it's Jeff Mangum.

she just wrote most of the episodes you fucking idiot

Because letting jews adapt a fantasy saga they don't understand worked so well the first time around

Ok fine but that guy is still an idiot.

Cred Forums BTFO

bitch is mad on the internet

all me

Cred Forums man-babies literally on suicide watch. Enjoy being on the wrong side of history!

>anime avatar

Brian Michael Bendis ... (8 episodes, 2017)
Bill Everett ... (8 episodes, 2017)
Michael Gaydos ... (8 episodes, 2017)
Archie Goodwin ... (8 episodes, 2017)
Gil Kane ... (8 episodes, 2017)
Stan Lee ... (8 episodes, 2017)
Douglas Petrie ... (created by) (8 episodes, 2017)
Marco Ramirez ... (created by) (8 episodes, 2017)
John Romita Sr. ... (8 episodes, 2017)
Roy Thomas ... (8 episodes, 2017)
George Tuska ... (8 episodes, 2017)
Lauren Schmidt ... (5 episodes, 2017)
Matt Owens ... (2 episodes, 2017)
Drew Goddard ... (1 episode, 2017)

You're technically correct but it still doesn't worry me.

>a lady writer
fuckin dropped

shes transitioning?

She needs to get off twitter or at least stop responding to retards from Cred Forums. Nothing good will come of this even if she is right.

You could easily get two seasons out of the books of short stories.

They were awarded with a star wars trilogy. Not too shabby for guys who are completely talentless hacks.

>shall I attach pictures?

gib pusy pics

>female writer

D R O P P E D

simply ebin

maybe she'll get fired? that would be prettty good.

(((""""NETFLIX"""")))

all her little soyim manchild SJW girl defenders are mad at me.

>Has a writer's block
>instead of picking up the source material gets into fights on twitter

Odds on that guy having actually read the books?

That won't happen but if you want Dabid and Dan to adapt the books then reach for your dreams I guess

fake news. read the actual posts

Maybe it's because I don't understand anything about screenwriting, but couldn't she just pick up the first book of short stories and start from there?

Do you think making Lord of the Rings was easy?

lmao that is some top tier autism

>Maybe it's because I don't understand anything about screenwriting
Got it in one.

Literally just Monster of the Week. Dipshit.

Writing lord of the rings was easy. Writing anything that has big descriptive source material is easy.

There is a reason why writers are paid absolutely nothing in hollywood its because they are human garbage that can be replaced in a nanosecond

That's such a terrible argument and you're an idiot.
However, I can't believe a professional writer is actually having a twitter feud with some random fucking retard on the internet.

>a woman writing the witcher

Oh no. Ooooh no.

So you didn't read the book

That makes sense. I'm not looking to give this woman shit, I'd say she seems to be actually trying at least.

>female writer
I guarantee that the show will be full of basketball americans and "muh poor refugees"

My reps would fucking murder me if I tweeted out shit like this.

>Guys
Who? What the fuck is wrong with the people who use social media?

I had high hopes for this series. Showrunner seemed passionate and qualified. Sadly women are fragile and social creatures so Cred Forumseddit autists are going to turn this into a huge identity politics thing, and she'll do the same thing in response. You will create the very SJW abomination you sought to prevent. Good job.

This is good advice. Just write whatever you feel like writing for the day, even if you are completely uninterested and uninspired. That way you'll at least finish SOMETHING.

that is definitely not a dream of mine.

Like everyone else pointed out, this seems awfully early to get writer's block. There's like 7 or 8 books worth of material and lore, and even the games can give inspiration for which direction you can take this setting and its characters. I thought the issue would've been trying to keep it down in the first season.
Granted I'm not a screen writer so maybe there's something I'm not getting, but this really does make me suspect she's not entirely in to the setting if this is already an issue.

>not wanting to destroy hollywood
what are you gay

yes this is obviously just a job for her, and not a passion project.

>Like everyone else pointed out
You trying to make it sound like you've read the thread? because if you actually had you'd know she doesn't have writers block

lmao why would you even need a screenwriter or a script? just take the books and the short stories to set, everything is already there xD

Well in your fantasy world where the woman is driven off the show inevitably ends with some woke male feminist jews taking over for her and making the entire show about female empowerment against the patriarchy so you can understand my confusion

See:

There is nothing you are not getting. She is a dumb woman that never had control of a project in her life and wrote filler for network TV garbage.

WHY THE FUCK IS SHE REPLYING TO RANDOMS ON TWITTER. Jesus Christ woman get your shit together. How many respected male writer/directors have twitter accounts?

>See:
Fuck wrong post. Meant this one

Just watch five episodes of Monkey Magic and rip them off for storylines. It's practically the same thing*.
*This applies to all fantasy series.

I was more talking about the part where there's already a shit load of material readily available to be adapted.

writer's block isn't just about "what" to write, it's also "how" to write it, you're adapting the source material into a different medium that has it's own set of rules, if you were to just copy the books 1:1 you would end up with a long and horribly paced show that is mostly narration and exposition

>WHY THE FUCK IS SHE REPLYING TO RANDOMS ON TWITTER.
Literally the only valid criticism in this thread. Someone with an account tell her to stop replying to random anime avatars on twitter.

>How many respected male writer/directors have twitter accounts?
Lots but they're probably heavily curated and run by their publicists interns or some shit

Maybe if she spent less time writing tweets and more time reading the books, she would actually get somewhere.

can we just complain to netflix that this bitch is gonna ruin the series
cause she will and is already in the process of doing so

you can post your non sequiturs all day, and you will still not make sense to anyone but yourself. are you mentally ill or autistic? have you ever really tried to communicate with anyone in a meaningful way, or do you just condescend constantly because you have such a low opinion of others?

Every thread

She was asked for advice on how to deal with writer's block and she provided it. OP took one post of the reply and posted it out of context because he knows how easy you retards are to bait. She doesn't have writers block at all.

>Lots
Really? Nolan, PTA, Malick, Fincher, etc. don't seem to have social media presences

>can we just complain to Jews
Yeah, I’m sure the people who made Jessica Jones, stranger mutts, the cuck commercial for their own service will fire a female writer.

What a hideous post

fuck your right

This is the part that's more worrisome to me than a temporary setback in her writing. Posting on twitter is fine, but getting involved with the shit flinging on a personal level is probably going to make her very bitter about the whole thing.

>I wonder if she...read the books
Did you?

Before screencap was posted:
>wtf she gets writers block!
After screencap was posted:
>wtf she doesn't get writers block!

>This is the part that's more worrisome to me than a temporary setback in her writing.
There was no temporary setback in her writing you fucking idiots.
>Posting on twitter is fine, but getting involved with the shit flinging on a personal level is probably going to make her very bitter about the whole thing.
But this is correct.

Gas anime niggers

and they aren't ever going to adapt polack pulp trash like the witcher.

You said respected.

>this
anime avatars are a sure sign of a toxic individual who has ruined their life and are actively trying to ruin the lives of others.

Most of side stories in Witcher 3 game were written by a single woman and they were better than the main boring storyline which had 3 writers.

>literally never has writers block
>shitposts on twitter and doesn't give a fuck
>hates identity politics
>wants to write battles and sex scenes
OURGIRL
O
U
R
G
I
R
L

No, I'm not a faggot. But a short story collection of monster hunting seems easy to translate. Just take out the pointless Pollock politics.

Directors who are even more respected definitely don't have twitter accounts

looking back at the witcher 3, the main storyline is really a clusterfuck. the bloody baron is really the only good thing about it.

Meant if she really had had a setback, but yeah. Thread is not salvageable at this point.

Cred Forumstards are too stupid to realize the main plot of TW3 is trash.

Yeah see if you'd read the book you'd know it's not actually a short story collection about a dude traveling around killing a monster a week.

>anime avatar
>the worst feeling in the world

At this point the show is DOA. No point in keeping track of it as it won't be out for another 2-3 years. Time to move on you fags.

>all this autism
Every writer freely admits to getting writer's block faggots

>The Bloody Baron
One part of the main quest written primarily by a woman.

>female """""""""""""""""""""writer"""""""""""""""""""""""
Into the trash it goes.

That guy does realise that adaptation of source material is not that easy right?

>female
>cartoon avatar
>florescent hair

I think she really had no idea what she was in for. She probably was really eager to be the cool showrunner that interacts with the fandom they're inheriting and excited about adapting. She never anticipated a lot of bait posts and SJW crap coming up and that's like half of what gets tweeted at her now. Hopefully she learns how to ignore it. If she doesn't then bad things are in store.

Well they should just make that anyway, it would be better than babbys first political drama like the games. The only interesting thing about the Witcher is dredging up the lesser known folklore.

>it's a woman
Oh no...

>anime avatar
>username is EX-ALTRIGHT
>no capitalization anywhere else in the post
What does your heart tell you?

The difficulty is the first two books are a bunch of short stories that are only quasi-indepentent. The framing device of Geralt recovering from a recent hunt and recounting all these important character developing moments to a mute girl is kind of hard to make work in Netflix's usual format and I'm curious how they'll do it.

>the virgin Marcin
>the stacy Lauren

>>hates identity politics
who?

>women can't wri-

the show runner

Can someone tell me what the "S." in her name stands for?

Yeah, a POLISH woman, not some subhuman Amerimutt femtard.

schmidt

>CNN
The Witcher is FUCKED ALREADY.

>the single person given credit as the "writer" of any given movie is the only person who had input on the script

Sounds like pretty standard "my gender doesn't matter" rhetoric. Doesn't mean she doesn't subscribe to elements of gender politics.

It's time to face reality.

So what could she post in response to these kind of questions that would make you happy?

How is anyone even excited for this? Why even make a thread about it? Just act like it doesn't exist. I absolutely love the Witcher, but I realize that the series is done and was, for the most part, adapted perfectly into a videogame that was actually really good. I'm content, as I'm sure everyone else is, with the current state of witcher in media. I have fond memories of the books and the games and I would hate for them to be sullied by a mediocre series with actors that are imperfect for the role and dialogue and screenplay that is half assed.

there is absolutely no reason for this show to exist. how ANYONE who is a genuine fan of the witcher could want it to exist is beyond me

>'I do get two different things'
>lists three
Christ

i thought that was the point of the novels to expand the backstories of other characters since the protagonists story we play through.

>Why even make a thread about it?
For bait and shitposting.

>absolutely love the Witcher, but I realize that the series is done and was, for the most part, adapted perfectly into a videogame that was actually really good
>absolutely loved the witcher
>never read the books
sure

are you implying that slavs are white?

>likes the series
>is baffled by a coin

who knew the floren would be so controversial

epic meme

The games were made years after the novels and are fanfiction sequels to them.

>writers block

That isnt writers block, its called she is so far removed from anything remotely near any of her interests or abilities she cant come up with anything.

nigger ive read the books twice and can remember most details vividly i absolutely love the books much moreso than the games

Based.

She could get off social media and actually create good work that isn't too ideological

t. slav

It's going to be even worse than I imagined.

It was just an example.

Did you even read what was posted?

she is jewish she shouldnt even be allowed near normal people with her inbred DNA being a curse to anyone who she suckers into being with her.

How does it feel to know that this cunt is spending more time arguing with trolls on Twitter than she is writing the show, witcherfags?

>read the books
>thinks "the game" was a good adaptation
You only played Wild Hunt admit it

That's really stupid
Clearly this chick doesn't understand the more you acknowledge trolls, the more encouraged they are. Like even inexperienced you should be able to figure out this isn't a good thing to tweet out kek.

>She could get off social media
Fair

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration but she should definitely not respond to your bait

the bantz dont stop!

A fucking typical hollywood them writing cant even write bantz on twitter to compete with a random person but is hired simply because she is one of them.

Women aren't bullied in the same manner men are so they don't know how to deal with direct aggression, just passive aggression. Hopefully she'll learn fast.

Thats what kathleen kennedy said for star wars and we all know what Bob Iger and the others who run disney did to star wars to destroy kathleen kennedy just for being irish.

Are you drunk?

ahhhhhhhhh thanks.

So your saying the games are based on novels just to be precise? Thanks for sharing.

>Thats what kathleen kennedy said for star wars
Well when she starts wearing shirts about her feminist agenda and proclaiming that mutagens are female I'll get worried.

>she cries about getting cyber bullied
like nigga just close the screen!

>So your saying the games are based on novels just to be precise?
Yes. The books are not video game tie-ins. The first stories were written before the fall of the USSR. The games are sort of sequels that undo a bunch of shit that happened in the books.

are you an inbred?

she is already fucked up dude, look at the religion she is that caused these people to murder and rape the natives of Palestine robbing them of their land.

Why do you care about Palestinians?

ahhhhhhhh thanks user!

So this writer Saprowski from the novels, is he involved in the games at all? Or has he ever commented on reviving the series?

Must have been great books to inspire someone to make games out of them.

If she continues spending more time on twitter than actually writing it? Yeah, it might very well end up sucking hard.

>So this writer Saprowski from the novels, is he involved in the games at all?
They consulted with him a tiny bit on the first one it was even his idea to just bring Geralt back, because he didn't give a shit. But other than that he wasn't involved. He was apparently slightly more involved here and felt positive about this show but he's also an angry old Polish drunk so who knows how long that will last.

Nope, The Jewish narrative must put in the show. That's why the writer having a hard time to cram this shits in the witcher show without ruining it.

lol.

if this is for a show, why is this woman working on it by herself? Usually shows have multiple writers.

why don't they get CDPR writers? the game's cinematic approach was fine

You know normally all this SJW shit just makes me roll my eyes but you guys genuinely do just hate this chick because she's a woman. It's kind of weird to see the SJWs be right for once. Stopped clock is right twice a day I guess.

>marvel
>decent

kys

She's not just a writer here, she's the overall show runner, and it's still in early production.

The games are mostly pretty badly written by TV standards and writing for games is different than writing for TV anyway.

>badly written by TV standards

kek

Game writers don't belong anywhere near film or TV, but I'm pretty sure the guy that directed the pre-rendered cinematic trailers and shit is actually involved in this production.

Hard to believe I know but Daredevil was actually good.

>this video game where I fuck lots of waifus is art

they do have to shoehorn in their agenda or their gonna kill her just like they killed Kubrick and everyone else who didnt do what they say.

I'm going to save her.

Schlomo

Why? The Witcher franchise has always been about equality, diversity, and being WOKE.

She wrote the ninja shit for S2, the worst fucking part of any of the Netflix Marvel shit.

It's taken her 6 years to get 1,900 tweets. I don't think it's a problem.

Real talk, the Witcher trilogy is better written than any tv drama that isn't the sopranos

It's pretty easy actually. The hardest part is finding a network that will let you do what you want to do.

Like I needed yet another red flag that this show is going to be horrible

Sign the petition

change.org/p/netflix-cast-polish-actors-for-netflix-the-witcher-adaptation

>The Witcher is structured like Doctor Who
Would it work?

>How many respected male writer/directors have twitter accounts?
A lot but they never throw shade at critics, fans, or studios.

FRIENDLY REMINDER SHE KNOWS ABOUT THE GAMES BUT SAID SHE WONT PLAY THEM BECAUSE SHE DOESNT PLAY VIDEO GAMES

>I'll prove those sexist men wrong by proving them right! Hear me roar!
Awful just fucking awful.

Different kind of shit earlier on. But yes, people will eat almost 100% shit for a long time if they were conditioned to it. I do think they will overplay their hand with this diversity shit and white guys will start to ONLY see themselves as buffoons or evil. When that happens, there will be a backlash.

>She wrote the ninja shit for S2, the worst fucking part of any of the Netflix Marvel shit.
Not even close, just not as good as the first part of the season. And of that she mostly just wrote Elektra, who was good. The Hand stuff was established from the start and crap that had to be dealt with as part of their big dumb crossover build up.

>Buuh buh buh
-Actual dialogue from a Witchery game

Good, only one of the games was even well written. Gamefags should not be allowed near the books.

>because of 2 things
>lists 3 things
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
THE WITCHER IS DOOMED

>I guess this really was a The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

I can see it now...

THE WITCHER SERIES IS GETTING BAD REVIEWS...FROM TRUMP SUPPORTERS

The media would have a harder time pigeonholing you guys if there wasn't a vocal small group of autists delighting in acting exactly the way the media's strawman is supposed to.

He thought the game series was going to be trash and thinks all video games are like pac man or mario world. Hes extremely bitter about the games and talks a lot of shit about them and insinuates that CDPR owes him money because he sold them the rights for a single sum of money, instead of a royalty deal. Even though he refused the royalties and would only sell for cash up front.
He kind of sucks and the show would most likely be better off if he only has a small amount/no input

lmao why does she reply

>thread is autosaging
Thank god

>
He thought the game series was going to be trash and thinks all video games are like pac man or mario world. Hes extremely bitter about the games and talks a lot of shit about them and insinuates that CDPR owes him money because he sold them the rights for a single sum of money, instead of a royalty deal.
More shit gets made up and added to these kinds of posts every week. Do you have a single source for any of this

This is why current day PC bullshit sucks. You have this moron writing for a subject she is not only clueless about, but doesn't care for at all. Brilliant job Netflix. Good work.

How do you not fire her and start from scratch with a competent male writer after this tweet?

Oh, right, (((Netflix))) has no quality control.

fpbp

Welcome to the cinema of early XXI century

I just hope China transfers from flicks to kino faster than Hollywood made it back in the sixties

This would've been a good post if you weren't a tripfag hypocrite.

OP got a full thread out of his fake news bait post. Not sure if great trolling or if Cred Forums is just stupid.

But there were no niggers/homosexuals/transsexuals/asexuals/pansexuals/arabs/muslims/literalDRUMPFS/etc in the novels

And we can't release a movie without pandering to everyone, it's 2018 ffs

>He kind of sucks and the show would most likely be better off if he only has a small amount/no input
dang sounds like your right.

I just hope the sranc don't look too fake.

>I'm constantly googling things

>have a huge chunk of the knowledge of the entire human race at your fingertips at any given time
>don't use it
I'll never get millenials

any shit eating mongoloid can write using google and when you're googling for your source material as well instead of referring to the original text also available at your fingertips then you should fucking kys
fan fic writers are more qualified than this vapid cunthole

I'm not saying he didn't create an awesome world, but the short stories were what he was best at.

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-24-meeting-andrzej-0witcher
>He thought games were stupid, had done ever since shooting Martians on an old console plugged into a TV. "OK let's play cards or let's drink vodka," he said back then, "but killing Martians is stupid. And my standpoint stands: it is stupid."
>"I was stupid enough to sell them rights to the whole bunch," he says. "They offered me a percentage of their profits. I said, 'No, there will be no profit at all - give me all my money right now! The whole amount.'

This is from 2017, I guess he's a little less pissed now. There's been few times in other interviews he calls the games basically fanfiction and non cannon. He also constantly denies that his books are only popular at all outside Poland thanks to the games

Oh, I wish the TV series was just politics, rather than hunting. Do the books elaborating on differences in hunting, because the games are basically just 'use the right oil' and quick attack spam. Or delving into some of the crazier magics of the world would be nice, but that's not geralt's thing. And watching the lodge try to take over the world is again not geralt. So much of the world doesn't involve MC because he wants to get the fuck away from it, but Ciri is is tied to it.

I don't think this project will satisfy anyone, the books != games, so you can alienate one group if you follow the other. If you go original, you have to be very clear about that from the onset, but then borrowing too much from either annoys both groups. MotW makes politics annoyed etc. I enjoyed the games more for the world/politics/characters, not the monster hunting or endless camp clearing. Just an ill conceived adaption to ride on franchise name.