He won the challenge. T'Challa had Zero (0) right to the throne

He won the challenge. T'Challa had Zero (0) right to the throne.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/18/iceland-ban-male-circumcision-first-european-country
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>T'Challa didn't die
>T'Challa didn't surrender

Nope. The challenge was still up

>T'Challa needed invention from the gorilla nigs to stay alive

Intervention*

I was surprised he got beat. I suppose the takeaway is he was haunted by the sin of his father and his heart simply wasn’t in it? Brave narrative choice—they better not do that with Cap or I would be pissed.

Don't remember it fully but in the comic this was based off of T'Challa yielded to Killmonger after like a week straight of fighting or some shit. I think Killmonger was king for only an issue or 2 before he ate the heart shaped herb and fell into a coma since he couldn't handle it, allowing T'Challa to reclaim his throne.

What's the deal with the challenge anyway, at first I thought it was like weeding "Speak now or stay forever in silence". But does it mean that at any time some faggot can challenge you for the throne, what's stopping someone from challenging you when you get injured or when you get old?

Anytime a king does, any of the 3 other tribes can challenge his heir as weak.
Since Killmonger was of the same blood, he could claim to be the rightful heir.

I think the movie sets it up where anyone can challenge for the throne during the crowning ceremony. Killmonger was only able to challenge him afterwords b/c he was apart of the royal bloodline/had a right to the throne/didn't have a chance to challenge during the ceremony b/c of this.

In the comics it's stated that any citizen can challenge the king at any time tho, so idk if that logic still holds here

I like his emo hair

Any faggot related to one of the main clans, like MBaku.
It was one of the things that seemed so weird to me: you're asking me to believe Wakanda is advanced because it has all this tech but they still decide on the leader through combat? What is this, TF2's Australia?

They were only allowed to challenge him during the crowning, the only reason he was able to challenge him again was because T'Challa let him.

Yes

I mean, luckily they sort of address this with how Shuri reacts to the whole ritual but it just seemed odd to me.
I mean, in the BP runs I've read, Wakanda is an ACTUAL third world nation until Tchalla gets back from his western education and realizes the potential of vibranium. So them having tribal traditions made sense in that context

meet 2 black girls from my uni today and they were talking about this
they were totally ecstatic, couldn't wait to see it
I'm in europe by the way

Doesn't change the fact. The challenge had rules. You win when the other person dies, or taps out.

because it's bretty gud tbqh

>I was surprised he got beat.

Are you retarded? The fight happened with nearly an hour left in the movie. He was always going to lose the first fight. That's how these stories go.

>years of combat experience and still hasnt learned to confirm his kills

I wonder how many of his scars are bullshit

t. person living in a society where they roleplay as being a democracy but really the leader is chosen by unelected representatives who can legally vote however they want and that still practices ritual sexual mutilation on their infant males

We'll but even the council doesn't vote in the next leader, it's based on physical strength in Wakanda.
I dunno, I was expecting more internal politics and less Game of Thrones

It also had rules about intervening. They got really upset when Forrest Whittakers character stepped in

Still within challenge perimeters.

t.some dumb faggot who can't tell the difference between a democracy and a republic.

So why was he crowned king without anyone confirming kill? T'challa not only needed intervention, but also the plant, which only kings are allowed. T'challa was not a king at that time.

>the number zero (0) was invented by an Indian
Whites btfo

Because movie

And wandering-eye was killed as a result. It doesn't mean click-click-smack automatically loses the fight.

Hey, the West is making progress (slowly) against the jew/muslim child genital mutilation fetish.

theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/18/iceland-ban-male-circumcision-first-european-country

>being this much of an edgelord and clueless at the same time

>presumed dead
>literally needs the flower to survive because hes legally braindead only surviving in cyro state
>B-BUT HE WASNT DEAD!

The challenge also states the king was to be stripped of the black panther, t'challa illegally used the power. DQ

But Killnigger also had Black Panther powers so the fight was fair

I paid to see this shit in the cinema. I didn't know how long was left. By the time the challenge scene started I was hoping it was almost fucking over.

How can you complain about freedom and colonization when you are a fucking monarchy decided by death match instead the vote?

So? Nothing says the challenger cant have it, just like nothing says presumed kills dont count

Only those of royal blood could handle the heart shaped herb and Killmonger wasn't.

>T'challa was not a king at that time.
Neither was Killmonger.
He still had the flower buffs though, so per the standards of the challenge, T'Challa having the benefits of the flower just reestablished the level playing field the king is depowered to attain in the challenge.

Nothing said challenger couldnt have buffs. Just the king was stripped.

Yes, because any buffs the challenger had paled next to the flower buffs. In that instance, and per overarching tradition, only the King was allowed the flower buff, which Killmonger was not. Therefore, Killmonger bent the rules, so T'Challa doing the same wasn't unfair.

Also T'Challa has his armor. Precedent shows only the Challenger could have armor.

The Ottoman Empire began its decline once its Sultans didn't kill all their pretenders to ascend to the throne, so I found it a fun bit of historical irony.

>Precedent shows only the Challenger could have armor.
What precedent is that? M'baku in non Vibranium rags? Killmonger, who took his off before he actual began fighting? I'm seeing a whole lot of conjecture out of you, but nothing to back it up.

>before the fighting began
The guy started the fight before he took his armor off. He took it off to show his dominance, not because he wasnt allowed

>This is your last chance. Put down your weapons, and we can settle this another way
>Puts down weapons, takes off armor, starts fighting
Viewing comprehension

really? not because of the industrial revolution that every other European country had going for them?

And T'challa killed him

What now, biatch?

its a confederate city state of tribes and shiet.
but then again its not real ok

I wasnt talking about T'Challa, I was talking about Zuri.

I disagree, but assuming you're correct, was Killmonger's Vegeta vest made of vibranium armor like the BP suit is made of?

I find it hilarious how the movie itself presents the challenge quite simply.

>King is depowered and doesn't fight in his BP armor with the clear intent being that the assets that would guarantee a quick victory for the king be removed to establish a level playing field for combatants.

>Whomever wins does so by killing their opponent or forcing their opponent to yield

Out of those two sets of margins, I cannot believe how much you are looking at the negative space beneath the two groups of parameters that are elevated, and focus on what wasn't specified as a blank check to make up your own rules and by extension reasons why the movie was bad, when by just adhering to what the movie actually establishes, it is entirely consistent.

THE GOOD
>few quips, jokes were subdued (Cred Forums and Cred Forumsedditors will hate it for this)
>decent characterization
>decent use of setting
>not very liberal
>Armond White made a fantastic review on the surrounding politics and marketing of it
8/10, WAY better than the shitshow that was Ragnarok. Possibly better than Spiderman.

THE BAD
>camera work is iffy during actions scenes, and often times a touch too zoomed in
>when T'Challa takes Killmonger out to the sunset, we don't see any traces of the mine entrance/panther statue as they look towards the sun, almost as if they are out in the open
>mediocre end to Klau
>pretty sure slaves didn't throw themselves off ships, they were forcefully thrown off by the masters
>Bucky should have made an appearance in the main movie

Their government is basically a wwe money in the briefcase stipulation

and bad cgi