Legend Quest

According to this, Legend Quest has been pretty successful in countries like United Kingdom, Japan, etc

And it confirms again, that a second season is being produced

gamedots.mx/las-leyendas-la-serie-mexicana-de-netflix-que-esta-exportando-nuestra-cultura

How did Mexicans do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mic.com/articles/166148/netflix-s-legend-quest-is-enjoyable-for-adults-and-reminds-latino-kids-that-they-matter
awn.com/news/anima-estudios-legend-quest-debuts-netflix-friday
imdb.com/title/tt5038900/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
imgur.com/a/U9Ay4
youtube.com/watch?v=d0LEgkH9fWA
thehushhush.tumblr.com/post/170081344395/its-like-that-scene-in-ghostbusters-only-a
jica.go.jp/mexico/espanol/activities/proyeintegr.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ghost blowjobs
woo woo

technicully

its chicano/amerimutts writing and storyboarding

With the power of hips, user. The power of hips.

What? Legend Quest is produced by a totally Mexican studio

in fact, the biggest animation studio in Latin America

Good writing and appealing characters
Its not hard

cute girls sells

Honestly this, cartoon creators in recent times are all about making waifu bait characters

I though netflix was very big on secrecy about these things? Maybe BT is big on china, since they are looking into bringing their merch there.

God bless 'em

Anima only does the shittiest of shitty flash of mostly movies. everything worthwhile is outsourced to Canada or the Us.

Ha!

There only one real reason anybody on Cred Forums watched that!

And it wasn't the well written plot....

The characters were good, but the script editing was downright schizophrenic.

Really? It seemed pretty linear for a serial action adventure cartoon.

Explain please

I hope for more art then

hopefully mexico will become superpower by 2020 so all those beaners can finnaly jump the border back

Nice! He made art of the show

Having a straight (white) male protagonist, solid and by the books structure, and respecting other cultures.

Don Andres is awesome

He is indeed Best Boy.

curious considering that in movies he is the most useless character

Well there’s a reason no one gives a shit about the movies outside of fanservice, now isn’t there?

>japs watching spic cartoons
I'm Mexican and find that hard to believe.

Best hips

I don't want those traitors back, you can have them. But yeah, I hope this series/movies mean Mexico will start producing quality animated movies.

>The one in the left is the only 100% mexican created by mexicans.
>The one in the middle is a fucking chicano.
>The one in the right is Disney crap.

It's a co-production with Netflix, an American company, and it was developed for television by James Krieg.

>the Legend Quest characters were reinterpreted for U.S. audiences by writer/producer James Krieg of Spooksville fame.
>mic.com/articles/166148/netflix-s-legend-quest-is-enjoyable-for-adults-and-reminds-latino-kids-that-they-matter

He only "re-interpreted" the characters

But the series is wholly produced by Mexicans

He's the fucking writer of the whole series, dumbass.
>Legend Quest is written and produced by James Krieg (Spooksville).
>awn.com/news/anima-estudios-legend-quest-debuts-netflix-friday

>mic.com/articles/166148/netflix-s-legend-quest-is-enjoyable-for-adults-and-reminds-latino-kids-that-they-matter
That fucking title.

>The series was first announced when Variety reported that a new series based on the Leyendas franchise is being developed for Netflix.[3] "We approached Netflix and knew that the trilogy had been successful in Mexico and Latin America, but we dared to propose to do something much more global and they loved the idea," said executive producer Jose C. Garcia de Letona.[4][5]

>Negotiations between Netflix and Ánima Estudios have begun in October 2015.[4][5] Co-executive producer Fernando de Fuentes was happy with the partnership with the streaming network after the growth of the Mexican animation industry.[4][5]

>"We have already worked 15 years in the industry and we are happy to see our work on the Netflix platform, which has collaborated with large companies, and has included Ánima [which] makes us proud," said Fuentes.[4][5] Fuentes also said that the show is "an important leap" for the franchise and production company Ánima Estudios.[6]

>straight (white) male protagonist

>He only "re-interpreted" the characters
You mean fixed one of the aspects of the premise and made it something that helped to make the show something actually watchable unlike the boring schlock that is it’s movie-line counterpart?

>The series premiered on Netflix on February 24, 2017, worldwide in 190 countries and translated into 24 to 30 languages.[6][1]

>Producers Fernando de Fuentes and Jose C. Garcia de Letona thought the decision to release the show worldwide in multiple languages is necessary since the country of Mexico, where the show is produced and set, has been receiving more global attention.[4][5]

"The world is talking about Mexico >and we are lucky in that sense to be able to talk about our country and its relationship with other nations[,] even if it is through cartoons," said Fernando de Fuentes.[4][5]

Do you realize that he's not the only one who wrote the personality and the characters?

What is your fucking point? Do you have a single source that list anyone else as the writer?

Magical girl Xochitl

>pretty successful in countries like United Kingdom, Japan
>Japan
Im the uploader of the Japanese dub in nicovideo and Episode 1 barely made it past the 2525 views milestone, my Voltron ones did better though now going near the 10k milestone

lol, just checked in and it hasnt even made it past actually the 2525 milestone while Reddit le Morty vids there easily made it pass the 10k to 30k views

>Reddit le Morty vids there easily made it pass the 10k to 30k views
Fuckin Nips

Well if it makes you feel betteror worse, Star Vs and Undertale are an absolute smashing hit there

Maybe their are talking about people with Netflix?
It could be that a lot of them watched the show

Yup, the article specifically talks about Netflix

Im a goddam mexican living in mexico and I have not seen this show or its movies. Should I start?

SEASON 2 WHEN

The show is the only thing worth watching

imdb.com/title/tt5038900/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

>Series Writing Credits
>Ernie Altbacker ... (13 episodes, 2017)
>Jose C. Garcia de Letona ... (developed by) (13 episodes, 2017)
>James Krieg ... (developed by) (13 episodes, 2017)

2 of 3 writers are Americans. Thanks.

Basically the three of them wrote each episode

Taking some brujita requests

Ernie wrote Green Lantern: The Animated series, so I'm glad he was on the team since that show was really good.

Marcella dressed up in one of the school uniforms from Little Witch Academia.

Make her a Sailor Scout

full body outfits. Up to you if you want to use a generic uniform or one of the other girl's custom uniforms.

Requesting that you hold out for more request, since these two spammer are always asking for the same shit.

This is the first time I've ever asked for Little Witch Marcella.

Marcella as a Sister of Battle from 40k.

Requesting Marcella as this other bruja. Tala from DC.
Optional if you throw in Teo as Raven like in this image imgur.com/a/U9Ay4

lol so you're not a spammer, now?
'k

Actually, the writer is Altbacker. The other ones just developed the show.

>latino kids matter
Did they just imply that black lives don't matter? wtf

This thread better be up tomorrow so i can post some drawings then

Aren't you and the Japs very tsundere with each other.

Fart on my neck.

Yeah, but the one who's created 100% by Mexicans only got popular when American got its hands on him

>Japs and Spics have relations with each other

I'm ore surprised with the UK though. They actually watch cartoons that aren't depressing/disturbing/inappropriate for children their?

>Saw it didn't even make it pass the 100k mark
>Thought thats pretty fucking weak to call it smashing
>Realize that Japan actually has a relatively smaller population and that's whats considered pretty successful
Really get my noggin joggin

I really hope it gets a second season.

Oh, there are alot stuff that makes it past the 500k mark, almost never western related stuff of course only some really rare stuff, pick your poison, Putas
Undertale was a 3rd atomic bomb though

Alot of assembly lines of Sony, Toshiba, Nissan, Mitsubi are here.
Keisuke Honda of the Japan National Team is playing for the Pachuca Team

Many Japanese Luchadores played in Mexico until they started to get a more national league there, both countries still having match togethers and even engage in diplomatic festivals

Guanajuato is kind of becoming the Mexican Little Japan, city-wise and some more stuff here and there, so yeah the country is not just a "brown people shithole"

Shit fetish

Brap?

CHI

CA

Off to deviantart you go

So close, yet so far

NO.

>diaper shit ruining a good fart pic

youtube.com/watch?v=d0LEgkH9fWA
they have mexiboos over there so it shouldnt be that hard

Alright, I am 3 episodes in and I am wondering: What's her point?
She doesn't really fit any particular role and her characters is really vague. The only thing consistent is her anachronistic use of a smartphone and her constantly making bedroom eyes.
Do they put more focus on her character, later on?

She gets a lot more focus later on, especially in the second to last episode that explains her backstory, although they hint at it a few times before then.

Yes, but more info about it would be spoiler

Excellent

But she’s a witch.

>Still ni date release

no*

dont let the thread die

Let it die! Let it die!
Let it shrivel up and die!

But I want it alive

You are not going Randy on me

Did you finish the show?
What is your opinion?

Why Netflix has to be like this?
I just want a release date

>Sr. Pedo
do nips like to hear autistics screechs?

Con que propósito?

Please let her appear in the show

Why only her? It would be great if the other girls also showed up.

Probably because she's a recurring character while the other girls are one-shots. I wouldn't mind the other girls getting episodes too though, although it might be a little hard if the netflix series focuses on traveling the world while the movie series keeps things more local.

Does anyone have links for El Charro Negro?

Thats cute

Absolutely, He is a fan favorite there, He has a relative fanclub there

leave them alone. how come you sneak into there and even screenshot.

But mexico was the first country in North America to go full weeb. Saint seiya, ranma, and of course dragonball. Alwaysa possibility user

Those are literally my videos from my channel in nico...

mexican nerds are proud of being weebs. can confirm it. they brag how well nintendo treats them on Cred Forums every time a south america thread is made.

thats not what i expected. excuse me. you are pretty motivated

Nice, from where is this?

thehushhush.tumblr.com/post/170081344395/its-like-that-scene-in-ghostbusters-only-a

DEAR GOD HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCKKKKK

Wasn't Speed Racer popular in America?

just watched some fragments of that cartoon on yt and it looked good compared to ameriishit cartoons

might be going to watch this cause it seems to have an actual plot and story telling. there was no hipster shit no tryhard artsy garbage no pretentious rhetoric, were no retarded faces.

Can confirm. Am from Guanajuato and always see nips. So many signs have japanese translations as opposed to english ones.

Average popularity

El Charro Negro full summary when?

Nuevo Leon has a lot of Koreans

Well, we are kind of low in asian genes in the mixed blood here so gotta pump up those numbers

She has boobs in the first oanel but is completely flat on the second

I kinda wanna see it for the lore

>be in the north
>instead of superior jap culture coming in we get the fucking gooks
pinches guanajuatenses de cagada

Maybe it has to do with the biggest Japanese assembly lines hosted there led by the JICA agency themselves ( jica.go.jp/mexico/espanol/activities/proyeintegr.html ) thus the city is becoming Little Japan while You in the north only have mainly the company Kia in the Pesqueria city or should we call it now PesKorea?

not only pesqueria
what is torreon, saltillo, monterrey are filling up with korean industrys

Cool

>cam

Bump for interest

>gnula

You wouldn't let this thread die would you Cred Forums?

How bad are the original movies?

Very bad, i am mexican and they made me cringe alot

I wonder how long this series could last in like 4 years there is a chance i could end up working for it in some way thanks to contacts i have

considering how bad the movies were im really impressed it turned out to be good

It makes me happy to know there is a way for me to make my dream of having my own cartoon come true without having to leave my country, but i also would like to be like my teacher and work in burgerland for a while, or be even better than that move and learn the secrets of the based french animators

Good luck user

If you do get the job user, please don't forget your humble roots here in this cesspool of Cred Forums

Cute

No, i will protect this smug bitch

Woof woof

Is that that fucking SCP dog?

Go away Fenrir, you should be in your rape cave pounding Baba

Thank you very much

I am quit blaffed that this show has such high level quality of dialogue.

Why is she so violent?

is this the fairy episode?

I spent a good half of the series wondering whether or not I was supposed to know who they were from the prior movie that I didn’t watch, or if they were supposed to be unknown.

>be marcela
>live happy with her mother
>one day mother tell me to stay at home
>see through the window, as he argues with 2 old women
>the 2 women attack my mother and the village and leave
>I decide to go help her but it's too late and she is left in a kind of coma
>People are coming, they are angry, they call me a witch and they expel me and my mother from the village.
>I have walked for I do not know how many days looking for a new place to live.
>finally I found an abandoned cabin near a place called puebla
>I live my days taking care of my mother and expelling the curious
>the only person who looks at me like someone normal since he arrives, is a boy who talks to the ghosts

she has gone through a lot and she has had to keep a lot of pain inside her, that scene is just her releasing that pain and anger.

Ouch my bones.

They are like stewie from family guy

If that was the final movie, it actually did a good job.

- El Charro Negro is basically the Devil;
- Previous movies monsters;
- El Leo Negro;
- Xochtl's full back as Leo's waifu...a last time;
- Nando cucks Teodora with "Teodora";
- Heartwarming goodbye between Leo and his ghost pals.

If that ends with the movieverse, what's next?

>Xochtl's full back as Leo's waifu...a last time

did they at least kiss each other goodby?

Yep. And it was a hell (literally) of a kiss. She leaving her flower to Leo know she's there after he lost his powers was cute..

>Gasps is Spanish
>is

What did they mean by this?

Cute!

It is.

Hopefull nothing. I'd want them to focus entirely on the Netflix series.