The Beano turns 80 years old this year. Will it be around for another ten...

The Beano turns 80 years old this year. Will it be around for another ten? Or will it go the way of the Dandy before then?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7UjaiKkIBJc
bbc.co.uk/newsround/43069922
archive.org/search.php?query=beano full year
archive.org/search.php?query=the beano
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It'll merge with 2000AD.

nevar 4get

press f to pay respects and a cow pie

>Will it be around for another ten? Or will it go the way of the Dandy before then?
I'm kinda surprised it's still around now.

How moderised has it become?

Post Freddy Fear's mum.

VERY modernised. Like, "Characters use modern technology because pop culture" modernised.

Mom witch is cute

CUTE

F. Absolute unit.

There needs to be a Minnie the Minx animated series.
Well, there doesn't 'need' to be...I just want one.

More Beano animated in general
youtube.com/watch?v=7UjaiKkIBJc

I need an Animated series featuring the whole Beano cast, that basically follows the tone set by Mike Pearse.

Why do britbongs like such stupid comics such as these? Its just as unfunny as MAD and i dont understand how that survives or who buys it

I don't understand why you'd post this regressive version instead of the modernized one on the right side of history.

Oh dear God, please don't tell me that is real.

(OP)
I really wish there was a way to read the older versions, like pre-2000 online. I miss the fact my cunt of a mother decided to throw out my comic collection when I was 11 because it's for kids.

This is a cartoon for retarded kids or something right?

Pic related is the 2018 annual. I assume above user is posting cartoons.

It's a CBBC show, user.
Ariana Grande named 'hero of the year'
Is another thing from them.
bbc.co.uk/newsround/43069922

Cartoons aimed at six year olds =/= reality of the comic

I had a glance through my nephew's copy the other day. It's not that much different.

I was talking about the artwork, user.
The comic kept trying to modernize after Bea was born

archive.org/search.php?query=beano full year
It's a goldmine

user, thank you so much.
You really have no idea how happy I am right now.

Don't mention it m8
I think there's a few more that I missed
archive.org/search.php?query=the beano

As long as it has Roger the Dodger

Comic strips that made you go, "Oh, that was a thing."

>they actually called it "chipi"

Still like the Bash Street Kids the best.

God-tier taste, user.
Personally, I think Rodger the Dodger, Minnie the Minx and Bash Street Kids are all god-tier comics. Dennis the Menace is also up there too.

Is that fucking Lucio?

holy shit it could be lucio

It's "J.J.," who indeed looks like girl!Lucio. She was introduced to the Beano a few years ago in her own strip, "J.J's Jokes" in which she sold smartass pranks to other characters at school.

She was brought into Dennis' gang for the new TV show (they wanted a few girls who weren't "soft") but the dim showrunners replaced Curly with her, so fans are blaming the character rather than the bad decision.

Actually like J.J. in the new show, and the show as a whole—though it's not what it could be.
Dennis is bizarrely based on his late 1950s design, quite tall and thin. While a nice tribute to Davy Law it's not a design that lasted long even for him, so it just feels wrong to be using it for a major project.

Like most other comics for kids in the UK now, it comes with (or rather, as one part of) a bag of cheap toys, sweets and stuff. I remember reading some market research that said that, if a high street kids comic didn't come with a free gift, it didn't survive.

Tom Paterson's art was the fucking best

>DAB! BOSH!

I suppose that's one of the reasons the Dandy died.

Other reason why the Dandy died.
>Devolved, shit artstyle which started around the Dandy Extreme era
>Heavy reliance on Celebrities
>"LE FUNNY RANDOM XDDDD" humor

Good night, sweet prince.

Not even as cringe as Monica Manga.

Can someone who's knowledgeable about Beano explain to me why Dennis had a dad retcon? years ago I used to watch the animated TV show when it aired and one season his dad just changed to the one on the right, it kinda pissed me off since I preferred the left dad

I need to see a scan of this

20 years ago the Beano felt 20 years out of date. I can't imagine how detached it must be from the experiences of its target audience are if attempts at bringing it into the CURRENT YEAR are as superficial as I would expect

Mrs Fear was THICC

Old Dad had a son called Denis, he grew up and had another son called Denis.

Is the black character gender neutral or tranny?

new dad is old dennis. so new softer dennis is legit the son of Dennis and Minnie.

British Denis was never good.

That said even I was bothered he joined a diversity squad in that one cartoon.

If that's the case then what's Gnasher, a legacy super dog that's passed down from father to son, or Gnasher 2.0?

Keep telling yourself that.

You don’t want to know.

Where the fuck is Pie-Face and Curly?

Well presumably Gnipper became the gnew Gnasher and had his own Gnipper.

If we are to believe the last paragraph, then by process of elimination the kid on the right is supposed to be Pie-Face.

Are you telling me Archie can be outcringed?

I wanna draw some fear any suggestions

Broomstick shenanigans

dear god

Celebrities!

More celebrities!

Bananaman!

And Desperate Dan!

We need things that look like minions, celebrities that kids don't watch and make it look like those Cartoon Network shows the kids love so much.

Hurry we have debt to pay.

I see, so this is a worldwide problem, old comic strip characters are dying because they don’t belong in this shit of a modern world

wait what? what happened to the fucking dandy?!

It died like five or six years ago. It got relaunched as a webcomic but that got cancelled after a few months because nobody read it

>gnew
I see what you did there

BIG
FAT
WITCH
TATS

Be honest, user. Would you rather have British Dennis or whatever the fuck the US Dennis is?

Speaking of US Dennis, I'm so sorry for the poor americans who got pic related instead of god-tier UK Dennis.

UNF

>US Dennis
>Doesn't terrorize his neighbors
>Doesn't bully the local gay kid
>Doesn't get slippered by his father ever day, the beatings only make him stronger
>Occasionally bothers one old man who just wants to read a newspaper
>His dog isn't a banned breed used by chavs to scare off rival drug dealers
>Owns a slingshot but not a peashooter (MEGA ASS FAGGOT)
>His grandmother doesn't own a wild boar
>Doesn't have a grandmother period, just a lonely neighbor desperate to fill the aching void of her lifeless womb with a fetal backwards boy-baby
>Fat, pudgy and formless; lacks knobbly knees so pointed they can be used to put out the eyes of his foes
>Has to occasionally fend off an annoying girl with ribbons in her hair who wants to suck his dick; Just William for slack-jawed faggots
>purports to be a Menace when he's a Nuisance at best

The only thing US Dennis has going for him is a hotter mom. And she's a really hot mom to be fair.

>That art
This is not fucking acceptable. Also, is that supposed to be Nigella bloody Lawson there with her tits hanging out?

Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripe Hounds are illegal? That's pretty goddamn impressive of the breed, considering the fact that they're fictional.