Is this the best DC comic out right now?

Is this the best DC comic out right now?

Nananananananananana Baitman!

It's not even the best Batman comic out right now.

>Astro City
>Doom Patrol
>Deathstroke
>Mister Miracle
>Snagglepuss

are all easily better than this garbage

I also forgot Batman Creature of the Night
This

>great art
>mediocre ideas steeped in DCAU nostalgia
>terrible writing

No

No idea why co hates this.
I don't think they have read it.

Set in an alt DCAU timeline.
Featuring villains like babydoll even.

Rips on Nu52 tumblr modern Harley really bad, and shows why the original version so much better.

Rips on SJW bullshit, and even says modern progressives would likely defend the joker if had a chance.

Shows how nutty bruce really is.

Art's good.
For fuck sake, its like co heard the concept, decided hated, and never gave a chance

It's a decent concept with great art which is fundamentally hamstrung by the fact that Sean Murphy:

1. Is clearly only familiar with Batman through the DCAU
2. Simply does not have the writing ability to properly express his idea in any nuanced way.

Yeah, try defend the writing when you get a better grasp on the English language, friend.

It's just a deconstruction of batman, dude

And deconstructions of Batman have been done a dozen times over by far better writers than Sean Murphy, working with artists who're far better than Sean Murphy.

name one

Red Hood, Creature of the Night, Dark Prince Charming, New Super-Man, Shade the Changing Girl are better

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth.

that's shit though

It's literally bad fan-fiction

Deathstroke

>B-b-buh that one's bad!
Go to bed, Sean. Your comic is shit.

>Snagglepuss
How good is that? The Hannah Barbara DC Comics have a pretty good track record. How does it compare in quality to something like Flintstones?

>Shows how nutty bruce really is
An alternate reality version of Bruce.

>Astro City
Busiek Twitter provides the same content
>Doom Patrol
lolsowacky morrison-senpai notice me
>Deathstroke
Overrated
>Mister Miracle
Tom King writes it
>Snagglepuss
Literally what

It's not even the best Batman comic of the past couple of years
that would be Death in the Family

His Harley criticism is pure nostalgiafaggotry and his writing is high school level

>not knowing Snagglepuss is written by one of the best in the biz right now

CASUALS OUT

The previous user said better than White Knight you fucking brainlet, not unarguably comickino

>ps on SJW bullshit, and even says modern progressives would likely defend the joker if had a chance.

Yeah and "modern progressives" were also shown to support the Joker in the Dark Knight Returns and that was over 30 years ago. I've also been rewatching King of the Hill lately and it struck me that really nothing has changed

The pills are placebos. Joker has been faking it the entire time

>Set in an alt DCAU timeline.

The art certainly doesn't reflect that. Also, it's mostly just B:TAS pandering.

>Featuring villains like babydoll even.

She barely amounts to a cameo. In fact, besides Joker, the Harleys, and maybe Mad Hatter and Freeze, every villain is a mindless henchman.

>Rips on Nu52 tumblr modern Harley really bad, and shows why the original version so much better.

Except the analogy is broken. Nu52 Harley is the one that's independent of Joker. The classic one is the abused lover she started out as.

>Rips on SJW bullshit, and even says modern progressives would likely defend the joker if had a chance.

Most SJWs in real life hate the Joker for abusing Harley. They'd be siding more with her.

>Shows how nutty bruce really is.

He's deliberately written as a crazy idiot to advance the idea that Joker is suddenly the better of two choices, despite his many violent crimes.

Because the actual writing is shit?

Another glaring example of why artists shouldn't write.

Nice thread Murphy. Kill yourself.
>Yeah and "modern progressives" were also shown to support the Joker in the Dark Knight Returns and that was over 30 years ago.
Got it in one.
White knight is an interesting idea that fails to compare to TDKR, both as a deconstruction of Batman and as a piece of general fiction.

Obviously, one of the issues starts out with Jack asking Harley to train him to fight and he starts taking steroids, just so he can beat Batman in 1v1

I like the book but I think the dark Prince charming is better, this universe in white knight is interesting but the writing is a little bad. King's run is boring so I don't know what I'm gonna read when it is done

I like WK especially cause it was based on DCAU instead of comics

>Deconstruction for the sake of deconstruction is good
Fuck off back to your containment thread Rian.

Two words: Neo Joker. And they keep saying it and it just sounds even more stupid every time.

The general issue with it is it's just a hodge podge of clumsily implemented ideas that have all been done better by different writers over the course of decades. Frank Miller has done a better deconstruction of Batman, Grant Morrison has done a better deconstruction of Batman, Mark Waid has done a better deconstruction of Batman. Deconstruction in of itself isn't really anything new, and Murphy doesn't really have anything new to add to the table, with "YO THE JOKER'S RELATIONSHIP WITH BATMAN IS TOTALLY GAY AND BATMAN IS REALLY A CRAZY ASSHOLE I JUST BLEW YOUR MIND MAN XD" shit.

The criticism for nuharley was nice but immediately he turned this character into an important part of the story and out of the blue she was other character just like that. Good makeup but horrible costume. And the way Joker got to be a politician was a little foolish, I don't like to read that part, it's silly and his speeches are bad

The 2 Harleys was a good twist but then newjoker

Even that was a somewhat neat idea that was executed in the most hamfisted way possible. About the only way it could've been worse is if the classic Harley brought in her three henchmen called Bruce, Tim, and Paul to beat the new Harley up and drag her outside.

Hahaha It wasn't so bad as a fast joke in fact I wanted to know there're story behind this girl but I never expected a new different character very foolish also as the main antagonist

*the

Sean Gordon Murphy is an amazing artist, but a terrible writer. Should have teamed up with someone else on this.

I knew I was in for a shit story the Joker got off scott free because of 'lack of evidence'. Bullshit the Joker is a high scale criminal who has likely had multiple witnesses to his crimes, video and audio recordings and physical evidence. My one hope is that Jason shows up and kills him as they constantly mention Jason Todd as being missing presumed dead.

What really twists my nips is the fact this could have been interesting. An actual reformed Joker seeking to repent for his crimes and becoming a source of inspiration in Gotham of how the worst of us can become the best of us if we commit and try. It would have been interesting seeing Bruce, Nightwing and Batgirl watching Joker, Dick and Babs realizing Joker is truly reformed and distancing themselves from Bruce who refuses to believe it even as the Joker shows he is reformed.

Instead we got a incoherent plot, everyone is exaggerated versions of the worst parts of themselves and they beat on old plot points like Dick and Bruce at odds and Bruce suddenly being TDKR version of himself.

holy fuck, just do us a favor and kill yourself

>I don't think they have read it.

DING DING DING!!!

All they saw was the solicitation that got people bitching about SJW and that's really all it really took to start hating it even before it started to come out.

Yes.

Why don't you give more (you)s to obvious "good things are bad things" shitposters, I'm sure they'll stop eventually after seeing your reaction.

>start hating it even before it started to come out
THIS.

>No idea why co hates this.
You get that idea cause it's a poorly written comic with great art, not the other way around. Even idiots can nitpick a bad story, but writing something about good art that isn't super obvious isn't as easy. That makes people appreciating this comic for visuals less vocal, and those focused on bad aspect of it louder.

Murphy is one of the best artists to never be on a book with good writing

/thread

It's better than many comics but it isn't the best book ever neither I mean for an artist it isn't the worst one I've read, Stejepan Sejic wrote a Harley story with the writing skill of a 10 years old kid. Murphy isn't the best writer cause it takes years to develop the skills and he's new in this

Last issue he used the trick of character-shouting-while-revealing-the-truth to another character 3 times in the same issue.

He has some interesting ideas but he has problems to express them. I'm reading the title and I'm glad for the sales but he should ask for some help

I loved the idea.
Reading it made me hate it.

I suppose so

But it still doesn't hold a candle to even the worst Based Marvel comic which obviously doesn't exist because the people at marvel have actual talent

Does anybody have that interview on hand where Murphy says he's an atheist because God didn't prevent him from drowning?

LOL sure

If it's not true then why is DC so desperate to hire people from marvel? And why is Marvel so much more successful and beloved?

>But the joker’s, like, totally misunderstood and, like, batman is, like, totally the real problem!

It’s a pop-punk cover of A Serious House

Nice false flag but Marvel has more good ongoings right now than DC.

It's the worst

Aquaman is the best

>Mark Waid has done a better deconstruction of Batman
When?

>hurr durr it's false but it's true

I liked the idea, but the comic sucks, the characters are completely different from what they usually are, Bruce is NOTHING like Bruce, might as well call him Gumpy Wayne

>tries to troll
>is detected
>gets mad at the truth
Eyo

>the characters are completely different from what they usually are
Are you a moron?

Maybe it's not a troll maybe you're just a fuckig retard

>hur dur let's make a what-if but instead of slightly different characters let's use completely different ones that only retain their names to get taht good brand recognition money

>taht
So you are a moron

Its not episodic like flintstones, so I'm not confident but it looks like it's solid, well written, and will sell like garbage.

It's a slow burn. Second issue was more promising.

one word: Diversity

>why is DC so desperate to hire people from marvel

cause they want to abandon that boat and it's an oportunity to get a bigger chunk of the market, Marvel is weak just now, this is the moment to take a part of the market from them.

seriously user...

Wishful thinking from people who hate what they think Cred Forums is. Check the storytime threads. Mixed to negative reactions all around.

I didn't like it for the same reason I didn't like punk rock jesus.

Bedlam is a better Joker redemption story

I agree with all of this but...
is true.

YA shills out. Go work on the acne on your muddled faces you ugly fucking cunts.

>Shows how nutty bruce really is.
Here you go faggot you said it yourself. That's reddit-teir shit. Nobody cares about some fuckign dweebs "LOL Batman's the worst" if it isn't morrison. Because morrison clearly accepted the inherent stupidity of it and wrote a great run. Everyone else that touches the subject does it from a cynical "Batman's kinda the villain, right?" point of view.

Also
>Rips on SJW bullshit, and even says modern progressives would likely defend the joker if had a chance.
Yeah, if everything about bruce and him is changed so that he's more humanized and batman more demonized, sure they would. Murphy could have done that by shitting on the media rather than making bruce insane.

>For fuck sake, its like co heard the concept, decided hated, and never gave a chance
It's like you like the book and decided that it's "good" and that anybody who hates it made up their mind without reading it.

Fuck off back you twitter Sean.

Actually I would like a redemption story for Joker, in an elseworld it's something entertaining

Damn, you sure are mad.

All valid reasons yet they're skipped over for "hurr durr they just read the solicits and hate change".

Only sean, a shill, or his friends would be this bootyblasted about negative reaction to this book. It's pretty, but not that pretty, and the writing is complete ass.

With respect to Harley, no she isn't in character for BTAS. She shits on NuHarley in a way any woman would and then becomes your typical "behind every strong man is an ever stronger woman" type. But that isn't inherently bad, I just don't understand how ANYONE can think that's actual BTAS pandering.

This is the major sticking point. The dude would be a great batman artist. But you aren't going to get praise from people who read his comics when you're (poorly) pandering to cartoonfags.

This is another common theme among casuals. "it's a what-if (even better when they refer to them as on of the now-defunct Elseworld books), how can change be a negative?"

The basis is that you change an element here or an element there, not completely facerape the entire franchise until everything is in-name-only or in-costume-only. You aren't making a comment about anything if you ACTUALLY MAKE batman more insane than the joker in order to make him SEEM more insane than the joker. You're just changing things to tell a story. Which, fine, that's cool. But not praise worthy.

So are the anons that seem to be angry about people not liking YA or SGM's abortion

It's a pretty common emotion here, anger.

None of the things you listed fix the awful writing. The Dark Knight Returns also makes fun of progressives but does it way more effectively, and it did it over 30 years ago. "Old" Harley beating up nuHarley felt ridiculously childish and petty. Even though I fully agree with the sentiment, the execution was astonishingly bad. Overall, it's not terrible but it's not good, let alone the "best"

>anime poster
>shit taste
Checks out

>implying animefags aren't exactly what YA is banking on
yeesh, talk about delusional

Snagglepuss isn't YA though

Terrible execution. I love stories where ex villains reform and have to deal with the moral and emotional fallout of their actions, and with a villain like the Joker you have so many possibilities and chances to write an amazing story, but there's none of that here. Why does Batman have to be so one dimensionally psychotic, as if that's the only way to make the Joker look good? Why do Nazis have to be involved? Why is it so fucking obvious that Murphy knows nothing about Batman mythos save for what BTAS has taught him, and even then he ignores or outright forgets things like Harley and Ivy being friends?

I wish this could have been given to a better writer because it really was a good idea, it was just handled so sloppily.

Nah I wanted to see it, neo joker is other matter however more like Matrix hehe

Telltale's Batman has a really good Joker in season 2 that may potentially have a redemption story of sorts in episode 4 depending on your choices. He's pretty much the Joker with Harley's personality/motives.

Murphy's art style is an imitation of some mangas, though, that's why the eyes are a problem for him and he is using few lines for the characters

While we're at it, why Joker? There's so many villains that could genuinely make the politics game go for them. Two-Face would've been perfect for a story like this. Why Joker yet again?

>Why does Batman have to be so one dimensionally psychotic
Because he is.

no he isn't. only a casual or SGM would say such a thing.

You can't "deconstruct" a character if you're doing it via an Elseworlds where he acts like an exaggerated asshole compared to how he's normally portrayed.

It's like accusing Superman of being a fascist dictator and trying to point that out by creating Injustice Superman.

Who is SGM?