RWBY IS A FAILED SHOW. HERE IS WHY

We all know it, it's everywhere nowadays. However, beyond the flash and pizzaz, what does Rwby really have to offer?
>The Characters
RWBY suffers from characters that at the end of the day, are either as deep as kiddie pools, or jumbled up messes with no real self. Most have a single personality trait that is focused on.
Case: Raven Branwen. Muh Tribe. Muh Tribe. Ravens entire personality seems to be based around Muh Tribe, and running from her problems(Much like Blake). Raven isn't deep. She is a coward who hides under a mask of pragmatism.
>The Kingdoms
Oh dear. The WofW videos SHOULD have cleared things up. And they did. But what did we get? Confirmation that Vale is a mary sue Kingdom that dindu muffin. Just like Konoha in Naruto, being the main character's home, it must automatically be the Goody two shoes place.
>The Storyline
Wew. The story of Rwby is a dragged out, jumbled mess of ideas. What starts out as Harry Potter with Guns devolves into Le Heroic Quest with the added cliche of a secret society. Also, adding a new character for soul switching? Really? The story doesn't know what it wants.
>Misuse of Villains
This. Rooster Teeth is bleeding themselves of their best antagonist forces. Well done villains are either thrown away GOT style, or simply dropped by the wayside.
Case: Neo. Despite appearing in only a handful of episodes, Neo is a very popular character. RT has apparently forgotten about her, despite a clear motive existing for her to hunt down Rwby.
>Bungling of modern Issues
By God, THIS. Everyone is apparently a Lesbian. EVERYONE. Oh, and the White Fang? They are basically the Black Panthers combined with Isis. Adam went from actaully thretenung to being Kylo Ren levels of edgy.

>he actually reposted the Cred Forums thread
the madman

This is a mess, might as well make it a stealth /rwbyg/ thread

I know its pasta bait but imma break this down anyway

>Characters, Kingdoms, Story, Villains, Issues

none of that matters, Rule of Cool is king and the Anime Fight-God needs sacrifices. Monty just wanted to make cool looking OCs and make them fight. All that other crap is just enough tropes and fluff to thinly link the cool shit fights together.

>The Characters
Just enough buttons to have one favorite even if you dont watch it. dump em with weapons that tie to their personality, give them enough reason to use them and boom, cool shit fighting. characterization deepness is just enough to get wet and have a good time, but good luck playing water polo.

>The Kingdoms
Literally a coffee stain and everything else is build upon it to give a setting to fighting cool shit, next

>The Story
If it was all Potter Pals 'n Guns it would run dry quick just become Grimm Hunter. It was all planned out in the long run and heavily implied if you payed attention to the intros. why? to give reason why some people can do even cooler shit fighting than others at any given time and to show power creep.

>Villains
All of them literally live to die. Roman only lived as long as they did due to fans, and Neo didnt die because she still has a fight to finish and a vendetta. People would lose their shit if she died, even more than if she never shows again but didnt get killed.

GOT didnt invent people dying, thats the end result of the best cool shit fights.

>Issues
Its very hamfisted basic bitch hero story and eveything else is done to bait people in. WF was always BP in aussie and Adam was always an edgy oc, being a threat didnt make him less of an edgelord and it doesnt make Ben any less of a threat.

This whole franchise was planned so Monty could live doing what he loved; making cool shit fight. Its bad, but it has enough different things going on that people love and alot of heart behind it. and the music is fucking awesome OC butt rock that gives the story more impact.

>Case: Raven Branwen. Muh Tribe. Muh Tribe. Ravens entire personality seems to be based around Muh Tribe, and running from her problems(Much like Blake). Raven isn't deep. She is a coward who hides under a mask of pragmatism.
She's had, what, four episodes to establish her character while at the same time leaving time for the plot?

>Literally a ketchup stain
FTFY

To be fair Grimm Hunters could have been really cool as a base concept. Like a Monster Hunter "anime" but with nothing but waifus and a few twinks running around fighting bigger and more bad ass Monsters til we get some elder god horror shit. The school battle shit just feels bland even when compared to other generic shit in the genre.
RWBY is a lot of half-fleshed out concepts choppily assembled into a mess that just barely made deadlines for 3 volumes. Monty was too ambitious and tried to hit every bullet point he could without understanding that maybe making one or two exceptionally solid points beyond the "How 2 maek OhCees" thing might have been a better use of resources and development.

problem is that grimm was established to dissolve because they are made of bad vibes, all "trophies" are replicas. It went from battle school to epic heroes journey because it would have been too bland.

>RWBY is a lot of half-fleshed out concepts choppily assembled into a mess that just barely made deadlines for 3 volumes
Monty has the entire script and lore from beginning to end, and they fudge a few things because shit happens. it has to be somewhat vague in order to flex around popularity polls and fan reaction, but the basic story is done. production takes time. if RWBY was actually divided in seasons and not volumes, we are actually in the middle of season 2. RT isnt ambitious enough to speed up production because they have cheap 'tuber shows to make and other shit animations that need to be make. They are going to milk the RWBY train.

>Monty has the entire script and lore from beginning to end
That is absolute bullshit, Monty would put down a few cool ideas and shit that he wanted to see put into the plot, but he did not have an entire script of lore down, it was Miles and Kerrys job to make the actual story, he just tossed in what he thought would be cool, hell he even added Maidens into existence between V2 and V3.

well i mean, mot every franchise is made with only one guy writing everything. Monty was the main driving force and everyone else helped him flesh it out. he didnt write a book, more like stuff he wants to happens and fuck everything else imma animate what i want.

When I say Monster Hunter I don't mean with the trophies and equipment. I just meant fighting new monsters constantly and making some that are cuhrazy shit like Monty adored from Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. The coolest fights in the series weren't even conceptually between humans since the human fights always end up a shitstompping in the predetermined winner's favor. The group effort to fuck up the giant bird was cool. It's a shame that pretty much everything after that was such hot garbage, but I guess that's what happens when something is in development hell for like 3 or 4 years and the director really likes the complicated set up over the simple but could-be effective one.

I hope you don't seriously think Monty left them anything besides basic footnotes of things. He was in it for fights, and fights alone. There's a lot of commentary to back up that the other 2 writers had to "fight" Monty on a bunch of ideas because it wouldn't make any semblance of sense for how he also wanted the barebones plot progression to work. Monty had very bad foresight and often would just add shit randomly, such as "Oh Raven is gonna fight the sidekick squad" and everyone in writing was like "What? Why?". He very possibly could have eventually gone on to become the George Lucas of amateur animators hearing how retarded he could be at times in his sleep-depraved state.

>cuhrazy shit like Monty adored
what part of "Monty just wanted to make cool looking OCs and make them fight" dont you think i didnt get?

>He was in it for fights, and fights alone
i know. i literally wrote "cool shit fights" like a dozen times to eastablish that and "This whole franchise was planned so Monty could live doing what he loved; making cool shit fight." read nigga

>Everyone is apparently a Lesbian.

Just like in my fanfiction!

some people really dont get what i mean when i say its like its own fanfiction.

For me this show kind of lost it for me a bit after season 4 started. I've still watched it all, but I wasn't excited when new episodes came out. Wouldn't surprise me if they zombie out 2-3 more seasons before it's done when they should just wrap it up in the next one. And Monty's ghost help us if they do another spinoff.

>season 4
volume. a proper season has more airtime

>zombie out 2-3 more
theres going to be alot more volumes than 3. monty planed for ruby to grow older, and even after they do everything monty wanted, they can always just turn it into Boruto to milk the franchise. Then it will truly come full circle of cannon fanfiction.

They want to do a STRQ prequel

p cool, as long as we get fighting and more songs for everyone im down

Cool blog, faggot. Where can I follow your tumblr?

I can somehow take everything you've mentioned, OP.
Somehow.
I just can't get over the truly Awful pacing and characters bouncing around in a 3d environment while stationary, now.

>Sitting down
>yang and weiss barely have to unbend their arms to clink glasses, they're sitting together side by side with ruby in the back for some reason despite sitting next to her sister.
>suddenly ruby is revealed to be between them, instead of completely behind them
>She's not even in the place she was when she first sat down

>Yang, (the character with anger issues) is getting beat to shit by merc and emerald for about 7 minutes straight
>Nobody notices
>but no we gotta protect weiss even though nobody is attacking her now????

>Fucking oscar is wiping the floor with leo
>Oscar
>Qrow can't apparently beat leo to the point that leo can make consistent potshots at ozpin

>It takes an entire fight scene (with things falling from the ceiling, thus showing the length of time it takes to get down from above) and the longest door opening in existence for yang to shoot herself down a hole

>Blake fucking bops adam like he's a volleyball
>teleports over to the door of the building, sees rwy long enough to say hi and have a moment
>Teleports back fast enough to have adam still literally getting up from the blow

>White fang shown to be shocked and demoralized by their brothers and sisters showing up
>Adam yells /kill them/ and that's enough to make them actually fire at their own families

This is only two episodes, jesus christ.

That might be true but I'll still masturbate to Weiss on a regular basis

We all know RWBY is bad, but the real question is, is it worse than the Transformers: Prime Wars trilogy?

Pic semi-related.