Is this the moment that Cable stopped being a prime example of a 90’s Rob...

Sebastian Rodriguez
Sebastian Rodriguez

Is this the moment that Cable stopped being a prime example of a 90’s Rob Liefeld extreme joke and became a genuinely good character?

Eli Cruz
Eli Cruz

pretty sure "cable & deadpool" laid the groundwork for years on developing him into something usable

Brandon Murphy
Brandon Murphy

X-Ecutioner in the 90’s, where he was revealed as Cyke and Maddie’s kid, and fought Stryfe on the moon, was really what opened his character to be used in a cool manner.

“Cable & Deadpool” was just the first time it was REALLY effectively done.

Wyatt Lee
Wyatt Lee

Definitely this. He had a good 50 issues or so of solid, interesting characterization there, which led into everything we've seen from him since then. It was the moment where he began to mature as a character into what we know him as now.

Jack Thompson
Jack Thompson

Actually IIRC X-Cutioner’a song had a fake out where Stryfe was Nathan Summers and Cable was the clone. It was Cable’s first ongoing (issue 6 I think) where they finally confirmed Cable was Nathan.

Cooper Williams
Cooper Williams

Thinking MUH BABY made him a good character
Somebody hasn't read Cable & Deadpool or Soldier X.

Liam Kelly
Liam Kelly

Yeah, i guess what i am trying to say is that before X-Cutioner though, he was just god awful Liefeld crap. Once X-Cutioner happened (even with the fakeout), it opened up his character to arcs that were actually interesting

Samuel Rivera
Samuel Rivera

Making him Cyke's son was a mistake.He was pretty simple character back then and in one moment he became the most complicated in Marvel.

Luis Lewis
Luis Lewis

No he was like that long, long before. Fuck that series for completely ruining Bishop. If there's one good thing I can say about Soule it's that he's pretending those stories never happened.

Leo Anderson
Leo Anderson

Dude bishops character was ruined long before that, during the civil war mini it felt like he was going to go villain

Camden Flores
Camden Flores

When is Nate "X-Man" Summers' time?!

Luis Martinez
Luis Martinez

No, it happened years earlier.

Jackson Allen
Jackson Allen

So which is it? Was it a mistake or is Cable better off as Nathan Summers? How will we decide?

Logan Jenkins
Logan Jenkins

Is Soldier X good? I’ve been thinking of picking it up because the whole run can be found real cheap.

Henry Cox
Henry Cox

I like him being Scotts son. Its too bad the movie will probably have him be Wolverines son or Deadpool son or something like that

Landon Scott
Landon Scott

Messiah Complex is way better than Soule’s X-Men regardless of how Bishop was handled.

Michael Parker
Michael Parker

Was it during The Twelve?

Ryan Reyes
Ryan Reyes

Why would they? Him being Scotts son gives them a humor point because the movie Scott is (sadly) a joke and he won't be Logans because Logan made a point of Laura being his closest thing to a kid

Xavier Sullivan
Xavier Sullivan

joke
he is the second x-man with the longest solo book, I dont get it either.

Ayden Cooper
Ayden Cooper

I think it definitely made him a better character. Most definitely convoluted when handled early on, but it saved him from being a forgettable Bishop-clone made by Liefeld.

Jaxon Young
Jaxon Young

Cable was around before Bishop

Wyatt Lee
Wyatt Lee

See? They made him artificially important. If the character is easy forgettable then why should he live longer?

Tyler Jenkins
Tyler Jenkins

Bishop-clone

That's not how time travel works, broheim.

Blake Evans
Blake Evans

Because he was hugely popular

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit