VOICE-ACTING/VOICEOVER VOCAROO THREAD

ITT: Anons and Femanons Record Comics & Cartoon-related Material for myriad reasons

EVERYBODY:

Do Requests, read whatever is up here, or find things in the links to practice
Post scripts, comic dialogue, panels, pages or text you would like to hear read.
Post requests for things you want to read
Give good, constructive feedback to those who ask for it.
Ask for advice from VA's if they appear
Give advice if you have it
Have fun!

Most Importantly,
BUMP THIS THREAD TO KEEP IT GOING!

Ubiquitousness comes from Ubiquity Edition

[Gonna Jean Grey this thread]

Other urls found in this thread:

monologuearchive.com/
genericradio.com/
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
whysanity.net/
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8
pastebin.com/J9fR015E
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j
vocaroo.com/i/s0NkTnItDj38
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prior thread(s): and all the others in the archive.

This thread is also about practicing to be a VA. To that end, we have many resources
SOURCE LINKS

ONE SOURCE FOR "WATCHMEN" QUOTES
www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4358649-watchmen

MONOLOGUE ARCHIVE
There are a whole lot of dramatic monologues for men and women here. Comedic stuff too.
monologuearchive.com/

GENERIC RADIO WORKSHOP SCRIPT ARCHIVE
genericradio.com/
Welcome to the Generic Radio Workshop's online repository of scripts from the Golden Age of Radio: the original and largest collection of radio transcripts on the World Wide Web.

OLD TIME RADIO RESEARCHERS GROUP
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
Original radio scripts have been archived for the following shows.

GREAT SOURCE FOR MONOLOGUES
whysanity.net/

SUPERHERO MONOLOGUES FROM WHYSANITY
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8

RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE (Marvel v. DC)
pastebin.com/J9fR015E

OLDER RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ

FSA's DRAMA bin
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L

Supervillainess Marriage Proposal (Female Script)
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c

Supervillain marriage proposal (Male Script)
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j

Sexy funny comic strips to record.
www.oglaf.com

Any other webcomic material is welcome too!

“Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.”

“The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'No.”

TRACY: (desperate, over the edge)
Because I have needs too, Harold! Did that ever cross your mind? Christ! Did it ever fucking occur to you that I have desires as well? You say how you love me, how you need me, and how I'm always there for you. And you know what? It kills me. I die every time I hear you say those words. It's the bolt of lightning that strikes the tree. It bursts into flames. Oh, but this lightning strikes more than once. It happens again and again and again. And you know what? That tree still burns. because I know that I'll never hear you say how much I need you. And how you will always be there for me. Because I know, dammit, I know!- that it's all a lie.

"I was robbed! I spent the whole night waiting for the Great Pumpkin when I could have been out for tricks or treats! Halloween is over and I missed it! You blockhead! You kept me up all night waiting for the Great Pumpkin and all that came was a beagle! I didn't get a chance to go out for tricks or treats! And it was all your fault! I'll sue! What a fool I was. And could have had candy apples and gum! And cookies and money and all sorts of things! But no, I had to listen to you! You blockhead. What a fool I was. Trick or treats come only once a year. And I miss it by sitting in a pumpkin patch with a blockhead. You owe me restitution!"

GLOSSARY: TERMS FOR SPEAKING ABOUT VOICE

Volume – relative loudness of voice

Pitch – relative highness or lowness of voice

Rate – speed at which you talk

Pauses – small breaks carefully timed for impact, but not too many vocalized pauses like 'er' and 'um'

Vocal Variety – VV refers to changes in volume, pitch, rate, and pauses, and is crucial to making your voice lively and animated. This is one of the main ways to differentiate between reading and performing.

Pronunciation – words should be pronounced correctly and articulated distinctly

SFX- sound effects including slaps kissing sucking etc...

Accent/dialect – regional variations of inflection

"This place smells, and something's dripping on me!"

"The smell is manure, and the drippin's manure. Now turn to chapter one of Math Safari!"

"But we're already on chapter seven!"

"THEN YOU'LL BE TEACHIN' WILLIE"

My eyes searched once more for that wayward tail of light. A flash at the corner of my vision caused me to turn and catch a glimpse the wounded star sinking towards the horizon. Before I could tell him about it, it had already vanished. Quickly I closed my eyes and made my wish, "I want him to kiss me." I opened my eyes and turned to find him already looking at me, his mouth cracked in a kind smile. I fumbled underneath the blanket groping for his hand; I found it and gave his gloved grasper a squeeze. His blue eyes turned back away setting me free of his gaze .I watched the sky for what must have been a millennia, and just then as I was giving up hope a white light raced across the night sky's zenith. In unison we both exclaimed "did you see that!" He grabbed my hip and rotated my whole body towards him, brushed the bangs from my face and before I knew it his warm lips clasped mine. I felt like a camera crew was about to pop out and reveal it was all a prank. I am wound up bundle of issues and this guy courted me for over a month without so much as a kiss. It was just too perfect for what normally happens in my life. When our lips parted a shiver ran through spine and as I looked into his eyes I could'nt help but say “this is so anime.”

It is awful lonesome around here. I have to go, and well, we'll just see what happens, right. And if it falls off again, Back it will come. That's the plan. Get here by being here. Be here all the time and we will be expected to be here all the time. Come on. Prove I'm not crazy, wouldja?

Oh nevermind. I made a newbie mistake and spoilered our macro. I have been a shitton of resources,so ....

vocaroo.com/i/s0NkTnItDj38

bump

Can you train your voice like other talents?
I have had a lisp since I was a kid, can I learn to speak out of it? I also tend to talk more on the nasally side. Are some people just more inclined to be better VAs than others?

Even at the risk of bumping what I hoped would have fallen off the board by the time I got home, I have to answer your sincere question.

The short answer is, "Yes."
The longer answer involves knowing how noticeable the lisp is and what causes it. We had a performer on FSA who started out always, saying "I don't think my voice is right for this" and three years later, she retired as one of FSA's most legendary performers. She had a small lisp too, but she worked it into the content and it got better over the time. I do not know if she had any therapy or anything.

If this one survives, it will ever be known as "the one with the spoilered macro"

bump

Okay! We're here, so let's make some noise!

>request here
could I have the following read in a (male) raspy/old voice? pic related is the character, for reference.

"You can't stay here. You know that, don't you? You are too powerful to be lost in the past."

same user here
could I also have the following read in a young male's voice, defiant but also audibly upset. pic related for reference as well

"Why not? I can be powerful here! I... I don't want to leave."