Shokugeki no soma thread

How the hell will Soma win this one?

it will probably some shit like

>spiceguy won because muh feelings for muh master
>spiceguy abandonned his master and therefore his feelings that were fueling him
>spiceguy lost his edge and thrill

1 on 1 training session with Erina

There's still 2 days left, right?

By combining pointers from medicinal cooking with a stroke of ingenuity he gets the night before the match.

I'm no cooking guy, so I can never predict what crazy stuff they'll make. I've seen people with a cooking background actually predict some of it properly though.

He hasn't really abandoned Jun.

Like he always wins.

By getting people naked.

>don't want to ship Souma and Hisako because it's pointless.
>the anime episode and this chapter.

Fuck everything, I'm a weak man.

He'll guilt trip him to the point of quitting.

He'll convince the army of baldies to break Hayama's nose before the match

It's so poetic that both Souma and Hishoko lost to Curry, and this scene happened and now Souma got the hint to win against Curry by drinking Hishoko's tea.

Tsukuda really remembered their promise.

Join the enlightenment. It's the nirvana of ships. Feel the peace flowing in you, by shipping without desiring canon. Give without take. Appreciate without hate. And all other faux-Buddhist crap that's harder to write than I thought.

He's going to throw the match because he doesn't like Central and wants Souma to stay at Toutsuki. Once Souma is part of the Elite 10 from winning, Araki will challenge another seat and win so he's in the Elite 10 again.

One user predicted that Doujima will make Jun one of the judges and I subscribe to that.

I wouldn't be too surprised. It's been a while since we've seen Jun.

/sns/fags, give me a key ingredient or dish to work with. I need to stretch my culinary muscles

Not this shit again
Did you make that dish with okra and cheese and whiting?

I believe this, I wouldn't put it past Doujima to cheat this.
>Uh, no? I'm neutral.
bro we JUST saw you like 20 chapters ago freaking out that Aizen was back.

Speaking of which I wonder if Jouichirou went back with him.

>yfw the judges are Doujima, Jun, and Jouichirou

>Jun votes for Souma.
>Dad votes for Hayama.

Well, Doujima is the head of Tootsuki tourism division. So he manages the Nakiri hotels and resorts and all that stuff.

They are currently at one of the hotels, so his presence is no surprise and no one should bat an eyelash.

Jouichirou is a different story though.

you didn't even follow the rules

why would he do that? It wouldn't help Souma, it would just give Jun a fucking nervous breakdown. Hayama isn't cheating, he's not even nudging the rules, he's just really fucking good.

No, in order for everything to work out, Souma has beat Hayama, and it has to be pure skill.

Personally I imagine Souma will have to take a page out of Kurokiba's book

Doujima wouldn't do that to cheat or help Souma. He'd do that to help Hayama return from the dark side. Souma would beat him by pure skill and Jun's fair judgment that favors Souma over him will be the sledgehammer of justice that he needs. He will then leave the school together with Jun to travel the world, reach greater heights as a cook and be a better person who can make friends.

well, yeah, he's probably being blackmailed into doing this with Jun being hostage or some shit like this, but by complying with the bad guy plan instead of fighting back, he has most likely lost his honnor, which made him loose his edge, or some shit like that

I can't be the only one who is sick of all these "if you lose you are kicked out of the school" matches. I mean it really just gives away who is going to win from the start. I mean I know he is the main character but face that Souma facerolls damn near everyone he is up against takes away a lot for me.

Ketchup.

I agree. There's no real tension because of it.

Souma's either going to win via asspull, or lose and avoid expulsion via an even greater asspull.

Just come up with a smell that makes Pajeet instinctively poo on the spot.

While I understand, to be clear here, this is standard operating procedure for Tootsuki. It's not even related to Azami.

You pass your exams or you get the boot.

Like the last 5 matches have been if you lose you're out. Either some main characters need to start taking the fall or they need to just drop that whole clause all together. The best way to use that clause is to have it only come up for non main recurring characters. This way there can be a real chance that they can lose.

Well, the last two things were parts of the exams, which again, that's just the way the school works right from the start.

Before that was what, Tsukasa? No expulsion there, though it was BS that Souma avoided the actual consequences.

Then before that Ryou vs Ren? No expulsion there either. Just disbanding an RS. Megumi and Meat's offscreen matches were the same.

Then before that was Eizan, which indeed was expulsion.

You get what I mean expulsion is use way too much with. Most of the fights so far are either with some new guy who hasn't done much in the story and is just hyped up, only to get beat by the main crew. Or even worst the build up this huge no win situation that the main crew should not be able to win from, only to have them win via asspull.

I mean I get it this is pretty much Fairy tale with food. We tune in for the girls and the fanservice. I just wish they would give us more fights where when the main characters win it feels like they earned it.

Recruit Sadatsuka and destroy Hayama's nose by overwhelming it

Stop sniffing people you fucking creep.

I vote Megumi.

>We tune in for the girls and the fanservice
Speak for your fucking self.

Calling this series Fairy Tail with food does it a big fucking disservice and I'll never get how people could draw the comparison beyond the absolute most superficial element (the tits)

I really want Erina to win but I'm completely fine with a Hisako end

Who gives a fuck. You already know he's going to win thanks to his plot armor, since he loses he'd be expelled and Togashi doesn't have the balls to change up the manga that much.

I'm pretty sure nobody is gonna win this shit,

Does anybody believe currynigger won't get BTFO? He doesn't do shit beyond adding his magic spice mix to simple dishes and won the fucking tournament asspull after asspull.
His heel turn will get him the beating he deserved from the start.

That'd be pretty surprising, what do you base that off of?

It's about how he wins user, not whether he will or not. The how is generally the most exciting part of this shit anyways.

>what do you base that off of?
Nobody cares about romance, especially the MC.

The only exciting part of SnS is how blue my balls get from looking at Tosh's cute girls.

Not really, nobody really knows how any of this shit taste like so it's all bullshit at the end of the day.

this manga got boring really fast, and the characters are way too bland, they are going to be in the middle of the fight and then there will be some bullshit sob story about why the spice dude changed sides

Erina and Alice care about it, Jouichirou cares about it and it's been established as a thing since literally the very first chapter.

It's never been particularly subtle about it and it's only ratcheted it up as the series has progressed

So the first ending is a song from Megumi's perspective, the second song is from Erina's perspective, right? Whose perspective is the third song from?

She have any real chance t win??? Or is she now destined to be with the lesser Aldini??? I was hoping to see at least more development between she and Soma before being discarded.

She was never anywhere near top tsun

Virtually none, the door on that got shut pretty tight for most girls the moment Azami walked into Erina's stall at the festival.

So not even a couple of arcs more about her bonding with Soma before being totally discarded, I want see Soma saving her of that cruel father of her memories, you like what he will do for Irina in the next story arcs.

Untrue, and as for the MC, that's how these manga work. Then they get together with someone right at the end after being oblivious.

If anything, the setup for SnS gives hope that it won't wait right until the very end, but we'll see.

Regardless, when asked who Souma will end up with, the author says stuff like "it's a secret" not "who says he'll end up with anyone". So keep that in mind.

Isami has Bianca.

He's just going to bait everyone into Erina winning just to have gloomy win in the epilogue

Yeah, as far as shonen series go regarding relationship development of the main pairing SnS has given it a lot of focus and it seems pretty unusual in that regard.

Risa Taneda's said she's doing ok and that the illness isn't life threatening on NND

>death flag
F

She didn't say what kind of illness does she get? Is it a norm in japan? I swear everytime I see western artist got sick the media always seems to know the illness

Honestly the Japanese have a tendency to sort of treat that stuff as taboo. They don't really want to talk about it.