djt.neocities.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/teform
mega.nz/#F!elQ2kRQC!KI9Wcdfog_R4QetG_W5JXQ
voicetext.jp/index.html
nihonshock.com/2010/04/12-japanese-ime-tips/
coscom.co.jp/learnjapanese801/install_ime.html
jlptbootcamp.com/2012/02/how-to-type-in-japanese-with-the-microsoft-ime-on-windows/
declan-software.com/japanese_ime/
superuser.com/questions/750591/changing-input-mode-on-windows-7-japanese-ime-via-keyboard-shortcut-hiragana
apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/IME_Instructions.1212006.pdf
infinitelooper.com/?v=TOB-TKNVbJA&p=n#/457;458
youtube.com/watch?v=vbrbpqs11gw
telegraph.co.uk/books/what-to-read/100-novels-everyone-should-read/
google.ca/search?q=famous japanese authors&oq=famous japanese authors&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.10614j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
jooy.jp/10479
youtube.com/watch?v=-4fSZC0DMPw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Canon:_The_Books_and_School_of_the_Ages
strawpoll.me/11241144
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SZiqNlj1cdPGWb7ReDXea2AQuL7Sy8Xsk8CXSe-k2-A/edit?usp=sharing
a.uguu.se/ko2JATp7O4Qi_core10kwithoutfurigana.txt
washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/16/japan-has-a-worrying-number-of-virgins-government-finds/
youtube.com/watch?v=h0Q_y54F070
quora.com/Im-stuck-in-a-vicious-cycle-because-I-procrastinate-waste-time-get-distracted-and-focus-on-non-priorities-How-can-I-improve-my-situation
jekai.org/aiueoindex.htm
forum.koohii.com/thread-13677.html
happylilac.net/hiragana-rensyu-1.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=jmEAYVKDymk
youtube.com/watch?v=6_Ii6f7Gh6o
youtu.be/-MlkesyBa_I?t=2m13s
coelang.tufs.ac.jp/mt/grammar/gmod/contents/explanation/095.html
raw.githubusercontent.com/PSeitz/japanese-dictionary/master/base_aggregates.txt
youtu.be/6HGLeUqoUf8?t=46s
github.com/txgio/orikaisama/releases
happylifestyle.com/600
sljfaq.org/afaq/education.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji_kentei
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

d j t

nice op op

After reading an user having trouble with Rikai's Real Time Import function, I decided to integrate the
>How to use Rikaisama's Anki Real-Time Import Feature
Guide an user wrote a while back, directly into the Anki Startup Guide, as opposed to just mentioned in the Guide, as a means to hopefully get more awareness of how to set it up properly. It is still in the Guide/Resource Guide proper.

Also, pixiv artist for anyone who wants the source of the image used in the OP:
www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=5262697

いつもありがと

今回もよろしくbakusyou

私は日本語が上手になりたい
でも、頭が悪いからどうしようかな

I'm starting to mine words and want them to go into my core2k6k10k deck. Is pic related fine? I'm still halfway through 10k so I can't directly check if the cards I add are working as intended as far as I know. My concern is I'm afraid the cards end up having a bunch of "{unknown field Vocabulary-Audio} {unknown field Sentence-Audio}" etc, but since these fields are used by other cards shouldn't it be fine?

Pic related is me trying this out on a new deck which has exactly the same template as my core2k6k10k deck.

I'm sorry for the trouble, turned out I had hotkeys disabled... although I had checked if they weren't twice, somehow [x] in my head was "they're enabled", not "they're disabled". Thanks for doing this though, surely it'll be useful to people in the future.

もっとカキコして

第一章:平和な世界

むかしむかし、あるところにおじいさんとおばあさんがいました。2人には子供が出来なく、長い間2人だけで貧しいながらも楽しい生活をおくっていました。

ある日、川で桃を拾ったり、竹林で竹を割ったりするとその中には小さな子がそれぞれ入っておりすごく可愛がったそうです。

その子供達は類稀なる才能をもっていた。

一人は男の子で、数多の動物と話す頃の出来る才能。

一人は女の子で、どんな男でも自分の虜にしてしまう才能。

その子達は大きくなりそれぞれの目的を果たし、それぞれの国にて平和に暮らしましたとさ。

めでたし。めでたし。

月日は流れて..

Having trouble with hand-written stuff, I can't read the 3 kanji/words marked by red. My vocabulary is still small so they might be obvious but I can't recognize the radicals enough to draw them, does anyone know? And the blue ones I think I know but I'm not certain, from top to bottom
幸せ or 辛い, but that looks more like て than せ or い which is why I'm doubting it.
悪い
嫌い
超最悪

長すぎ読んでない

この程さえ読まなければできないぞ

(me)
Now that I think about it, perhaps the fields should still be here despite them being empty, right? That way I won't get the error messages. I think it's that.

Even easier, I could just tell rikai to import directly to the core2k6k Note Type, or the 10k one, rather than having to create a 3rd one. Though making a 3rd one could end up being useful in case I want to edit my deck further in the future.

soだね

>bakusyou
爆笑?
爆発?
爆友?
爆友募集中。

No trouble at all, user.

Can't wait to report your death's

>数多の動物と話す頃の出来る才能。
id like to see a japanese version of doctor dolittle with his slutty succubus twin sister

I can already picture the general response:
>who the fuck is he talking about?

My death's what?

特別発表:私はゲイ

Your death's dying death?
覚醒しにいく
それとも
覚醒死にゆく?

いい加減にしろ、ジャマッルくん

君もゲイになればいいんだぜ

(me)
(me)
Okay seems like I was right and I fixed all my problems.

Last dumb question : people don't have any audio for the words they mine right? Rikaisama doesn't somehow download audio from some magical place to link them to words you're importing right? I'm asking since there's an audio function, the thing is I can't think of it being useful unless one goes out of their way to find audio related to what they're mining and I can't imagine how tedious of a task it'd be.

Beginner here, what does a te-form+おく mean?

To do something for a not-necessarily-stated purpose

rikai should be able to download audio since that's what it does when you press F over a word, isn't it?

guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/teform

>people don't have any audio for the words they mine right?
I do.
Either from this:
mega.nz/#F!elQ2kRQC!KI9Wcdfog_R4QetG_W5JXQ
Which I have unzipped in a large folder and use an external search program to find the word mp3 files. The external program is a lot faster than default Windows Explorer, but does basically the same thing.

Or using Audacity to record the audio from sites like this:
voicetext.jp/index.html

how do I make microsoft IME default to hiragana instead of romaji

Damn it I've used rikai for 2 years and I didn't even know this, holy shit.

nihonshock.com/2010/04/12-japanese-ime-tips/

does this tell me how to do what I want to do to make the IME default to hiragana instead of romaji

Huh, my pdf of Tae Kim doesn't have that part. Thanks.

Interesting. Now that I know rikai can play audio it should be enough to rely on that though, no? Gonna try in a sec.

is this momo taro monogatari?

No. Just read it on wikipedia then read Akutagawa's 'realist' version on aozora bunko

>Now that I know rikai can play audio it should be enough to rely on that though, no?
Should be. I remember the audio functionality having some issues in the past but I think CB has fixed it all up with recent Rikai builds.

I don't use real time import, though. My mining deck has a different workflow, maybe different to how a lot of anons use theirs. Very little of the process is automated as I prefer to manually double check things. Slower, but more personalised. Not something I'd explain and recommend for general usage, as it wouldn't really make much sense unless your workflow was the same.

>中出し
wew

This might
coscom.co.jp/learnjapanese801/install_ime.html
So might this
jlptbootcamp.com/2012/02/how-to-type-in-japanese-with-the-microsoft-ime-on-windows/
This, also, may
declan-software.com/japanese_ime/
This, on the off chance, perhaps
superuser.com/questions/750591/changing-input-mode-on-windows-7-japanese-ime-via-keyboard-shortcut-hiragana
There is also this treasure map, but what does X mark?
apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/IME_Instructions.1212006.pdf

this might also

infinitelooper.com/?v=TOB-TKNVbJA&p=n#/457;458

first doesn't, checked
second doesn't, checked
third doesn't, checked
fourth answers a useful question but not the question I have
fifth doesn't seem to, skimmed all relevant sections and could not find relevant instructions
sixth gave me cravings but didn't solve my problem

If you open up a search engine and bang your forehead on the keyboard for long enough, you'll find an answer.

I've been doing that for the past four days and haven't found an answer

Microsoft IME defaults to latin, rather than kana. I'm not talking about "latin characters getting turned into kana". I'm talking about literally defaulting to outputting latin text. I want it to default to transforming latin into japanese.

Okay everything works now it seems, I'll stop cluttering the thread with my problems now.

Also saved your two links from earlier in case I end up needing them in the future. Thanks.

がんばってるおにいちゃんかっこいい

がんばらないおにいちゃんかっこわるい

でも、どっちのおにいちゃんも、すき

So on the DJT reading list, what's the easiest item to start with? I have to give myself an immediate goal I can reach to start working on my studies again, so what would you guy recommend I go for? Should I just start with よつばと!?

よつばと, yes.

イモウトのパンツはどんな色か教えてくれませんか?
がんばりたいので今日ちょっとは大変だから教えれば本当に助かりますね。
ね?イモウト同士ですから~

>蒼
>青

Give me 1 (ONE) fucking reason why the color blue has two different kanji. Fucking dumbass language.

>asking a grown ass man about the color of his underwear

As I said a few threads ago I do not believe よつばと! to necessarily be the best thing to start with. Sure it's not hard but there are also plenty of other "easy" manga out there that might motivate you more. On top of this よつばと! has a lot of kid language that might end up being annoying to read while not teaching you much in the end.

I would personally recommend you to pick up a manga that motivates you and that is at the same time rather easy to to start with, like a school harem, a romance or something (anything that won't have too many scientific or political stuff that is). Something like To LoveRu for example.

In the future, you can also try the Dictionary of Japanese Grammar, there are links to it in the guide.

Alright, I saw that on the list, too, but wasn't too sure I could start there and be comfortable. Thanks for the explanation.

It's not that bad.
What's trully retarded are countless kanji for counting stuff.

>I've been doing that for the past four days
Seems like you banged too hard and incurred minor brain damage.
Why not try a different IME?

Why would I try a different IME?

are they that bad

>are countless kanji for counting stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=vbrbpqs11gw

There is ample documentation on Google's Japanese IME and you may have more success with it, for example.
What's the worst than can happen, being stuck in a similar situation you are now?

>tfw you're so advanced in japanese you start adding the characters with the weird font

Well, I want to do this with Microsoft's IME. I might switch to google's if I really have to, but the idea of making Microsoft's IME do something that's difficult to make it do is more of my current idea than the actual reward of having a minor inconvenience on reboot go away.

Asked a couple days ago, but never really got an answer. Does anyone have a resource with popular/well-known Japanese literature? I'm looking for something other than what's in the guide already. I've tried searching in English and Japanese to no avail.

I'm really looking for a list of books (not games, VNs, LNs, or manga) that would make up a "popular reading list." Something like a Japanese version of this: telegraph.co.uk/books/what-to-read/100-novels-everyone-should-read/

google.ca/search?q=famous japanese authors&oq=famous japanese authors&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.10614j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I should also clarify that I really want this from a Japanese perspective. I've found plenty of Western audience oriented lists of Japanese authors.

>

>Well, I want to do this with Microsoft's IME.
Not having much success with that, though, are you?

>but the idea of making Microsoft's IME do something that's difficult to make it do is more of my current idea than the actual reward of having a minor inconvenience on reboot go away.
You know what's more rewarding: a functioning IME you don't have to think twice about and can just use.

Not what I'm looking for.

>Not having much success with that, though, are you?
No but I might
>You know what's more rewarding: a functioning IME you don't have to think twice about and can just use.
The struggle is the *real* reward, user. You just don't get it. It's like we live in different worlds.

jooy.jp/10479

Not that this is of any use since VNs are superior to books in every way so there is no reason to read any of these.

its going to be the same list
you're asking for a list of the most popular books
do you think if you saw a japanese list of the western canon it would be different than in english?
i don't think you even know what you're looking for

Cultural relevance. I'm looking for things that would give me a common background with other adults who would've read these books as students in school.

Yes, I do. The Western canon equivalent is not what I'm looking for.

>books read in school
>not the equivalent of the western canon

no idea what you're talking about, just stop.

>It's like we live in different worlds.
We do. In my world, the end goal is having a tool to help learn Japanese. In your world, the goal is pointless irrelevant shit that is merely a form of procrastination.

If you read Western canon in school you went to a very different type school from me. Most of the books I read in school were 20th Century modern novels. None of which are in the traditional canon. Maybe 25% at best were classics from the canon.

Behold, DJT, the epitome of experimental Brazilian music:
youtube.com/watch?v=-4fSZC0DMPw

I have a question, though: what does the 午前 mean in this sentence? "I'm a morning mermaid?" Or could it be something like 御前 and imply a mermaid queen?

My IME doesn't really help me learn japanese. I learn japanese from reading.

おにちゃんおなかすいた

ワッフルたべたい

The link your linked in your first post is the western canon you idiot.

how many words do i need to know in English to read Deus Irae?

Reading will be hard at first no matter what and you'll want to give up at times so it's best to pick something you really want to continue reading.

I had picked よつばと! as well in the past and didn't read more than a couple chapters because I didn't have a feel for it but ended up acing a manga aimed at adults. Of course if you do have an interest in よつばと! then go ahead and read it - just don't feel forced to because others tell you to.

いいえ
太る だろう
野菜を食べてください

べつばら

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Canon:_The_Books_and_School_of_the_Ages

This is the Western Canon, pleb. No wonder you don't understand what I'm talking about. You NEETs can't into education after all.

>Deus
You can't learn Latin

Not him but Microsoft IME was a bitch to configure at first for me too and I can't use Google IME because somehow I couldn't set it in AZERTY.

My JP IME is by default on Romaji (which is what I'm using right now to type), then if I press :

"ctrl"+"q" (which is "a" in QWERTY) I'll get Hiragana input
"ctrl"+"m" (: or something in QWERTY) I get Katakana input.
"ctrl"+"ù" (, or something in QWERTY) gets back to Hiragana input.
"ctrl"+"q" (which is "a" in QWERTY) again to get back in Romaji.

I'm not aware of an easier way to do this, perhaps it'll look weird to people around here but that's what I've been using for years now so I don't really mind.

>unironically calling somebody a weeb on Cred Forums

is djt getting enough sleep

6時間くらい。十分かどうか分からない。

>>unironically calling somebody a weeb on Cred Forums
user, you might need to get your eyes checked.

Not really, no.

足りないと思うよ

>亜人
>subhuman; demi-human; American (person)

正確の写真はどう選んだですか?
それぞれの名札は同じですよ

>quoting Harold Bloom
Bloom is the symbol and the spearhead of everything that is holding back Western literature. His almost-religious worship of Shakespeare as the pinnacle of human creation is the enemy of progress, because how are we expected to advance and to evolve if every young child in the Western world is taught that we should all aspire to write like the genius Shakespeare one day? Art is meant to grow, to develop, to constantly move to new frontiers and new heights, and Bloom has done nothing but devote his life to crippling and thwarting that development. He is the enemy of culture.

>亜人
Is this the equivalent of calling somebody a peasant scum?

イモウトのパンツの色知りたい・・・
あいつあたしを無視した
どうかだれか見に行ってくれませんか?

>My IME doesn't really help me learn japanese.
Mine helps me look things up in Japanese.
At the moment yours isn't helping you do anything.
Got it working yet?

My IME works fine, I just have to do something annoying every time I reboot to put it into a usable state, instead of it defaulting to a usable state. I don't think that 10-20 seconds every few days is going to significantly affect my learning.

>haven't done anki in weeks

>haven't done anki in months

>haven't done anki

>know Japanese

Compare:
>1294602237792
>1420918288243

亜米利加人の略だね

亜人(sub/demi human)と亜米利加人の略は

偶然一致しただけだよ

>got 350/350 in J-CAT

Does anyone know where to find core 10k without the furigana in the sentences ?

you can edit the format template to remove the furigana

>偶然
んなわけねーだろ
テメーらにとって亜人はクズだけじゃねーか

p5はすげぇ楽しいんだぜ

けいじばんにカキコするよりも

What Japanese literature have you read? Just curious.

The only versions I can find have the furigana in [ ] brackets and I'd have to go through each card one by one to remove.

The reason for this is I want to read the sentences outside of Anki.

どうして亜細亜人の略じゃない?
普通は亜米利加の米の字を使うだろう

Did you check the notes? In the card browser?

Also that format is used by the japanese support extension and you can use that to disable the furigana in the format.

>My IME works fine
Why have you spent the past two hours and fifty four minutes saying otherwise?

Yeah I realize you can change it to display or hide the furigana in Anki when viewing but the actual input in the field contains the furigana so wouldn't that need to be altered ?

>The only versions I can find have the furigana in [ ] brackets and I'd have to go through each card one by one to remove.

Upload the exported data and I'll mock up you a csv file without the furigana.

米国人をつかうよ

国の字は省略できないことになっているよ

I haven't. I've spent a couple seconds a few times responding to someone that was responding to me. You might want to learn how to read.

でも辞書で調べたら確か米人という言葉も見つかった

If you want to use it outside of anki you can probably just export the deck's notes to text and run a find-replace on it.

You might want to learn how to not spend hours fucking around with pointless shit like a autistic cretin for insane reasons such as wanting to bang your head against the door instead of using a fucking handle, because it gives you some pathetic sense of achieved, which misses the entire fucking point of using a tool.

You cannot and will not learn Japanese.

あと、亜細亜人っていうにほんごはつかわないかな

ちかいことばでつかうのは「アジア諸国民」だよ

Why are you so upset? Your post has literally nothing to do with the conversation you had with me.

Jesus fuck, you really are autistic.

i think the one thats autistic is the one that posted for two hours about someones minor problem trying to tell them its not a problem or to ignore it just to get totally pissed off and project like super hard about autism when they got told they misread the entire situation

heh

this is the exported deck

hxxp://mega.nz/#!F8ZWyBRL!sLIR9MiZmOCMw_0X042s_Tr_LdBxfnEFJJeVOF4glPs

I can do that for the [ ] brackets but I am too stupid to figure out how to remove anything in between lol

if you can do regex you can use something like .* to catch the inbetween characters

note that regex uses [ and ] for syntax so you have to escape them like \[ \]

>just to get totally pissed off and project like super hard
See; this is what makes you autistic. Expletives aren't necessarily a sign of anger.

You will not learn Japanese as you have the same thing every other failure has in common: obsession with pointless shit that ultimately boils down to procrastination. What you should have understood by those posts was a equivalent to having cold water thrown across your face, because you need it. Instead, you spent on and off hours defending your pointless actions, even glorifying your procrastination. The reason why no one else bothered to help you was because they have seen this a thousand times, the sure sign of someone who will drop out fast.

If you don't get over your time wasting glorification fast, you're going to have a very hard time of it down the line. Some people are entirely clueless to advice, I swear.

l'll put a spreadsheet you can use in a few minutes.

>you
user...

t. argumentative autism

生薑ない (しょうがあい)
"no ginger"? wtf, are japanese so racist they turned ginger into a common expression

strawpoll.me/11241144

おもいだした

れいぞうこに

きのう畑で掘ってきた

ショウガがまだあるの

何料理にしたらおいしい?

いもうとうさんと巫女コスプレは想像しましょう

Try either of these:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SZiqNlj1cdPGWb7ReDXea2AQuL7Sy8Xsk8CXSe-k2-A/edit?usp=sharing
a.uguu.se/ko2JATp7O4Qi_core10kwithoutfurigana.txt
(too big for pastebin)

Go cry about it on tumblr, faggots.

上から順番に

>"優"しかった
>ぜったい"来て"ね
"悪い"子です
>ピアノ"を"教えてね
>"新人"の河合
"嫌い"になれないよ
"超最悪"

Cute op

>Japan has a worrying number of virgins, government finds

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/16/japan-has-a-worrying-number-of-virgins-government-finds/

>muh tumblr boogeyman

you're the one that's pissed off about someone you interacted with user lmao

Hey I just read that in bed like 10 minutes ago

youtube.com/watch?v=h0Q_y54F070

>you're the one that's pissed off
If you think I'm pissed off you need to interact with people more often, user.

saying you're not pissed doesn't mean you're not pissed

heh

>a new survey of Japanese people ages 18 to 34 found that 70 percent of unmarried men and 60 percent of unmarried women are not in a relationship. It gets worse: Around 42 percent of men and 44.2 percent of women admitted that they were virgins.
Almost half of young adults are virgins? Damn. I can't help but think it's not a bad thing, I actually envy how normal it is for people over there to want to focus on themselves rather than follow "what's everyone supposed to be".

Are you a middle-schooler or what? Stop sucking his dick.

it's hilarious, why would I ever stop responding

>Are you a middle-schooler
Oh no, the actual legitimate Argumentative Autist himself is back. Run, everyone.

You need to stop visiting generals so much. At least 5 out of 10 of the people in generals are mentally ill and not in a good way.

>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SZiqNlj1cdPGWb7ReDXea2AQuL7Sy8Xsk8CXSe-k2-A/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks user, got it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, user.
This isn't about me, though. I'm not the one wasting my time with procrastination. What have you done in this time frame? I've done my Anki reps, had a shower, ate, had a coffee, just helped an user with his 10k deck issues and are about to spend a few hours reading manga.
The results are the only thing which matters, hence why so many people attempt to learn a language -or any time intensive skill- and piss away their time with pointless misc shit for far too long and end up giving up.

You can justify procrastination but at the end of the day, the clock is still ticking.
Some people are up front about it. Worth a read:
quora.com/Im-stuck-in-a-vicious-cycle-because-I-procrastinate-waste-time-get-distracted-and-focus-on-non-priorities-How-can-I-improve-my-situation

Good stuff user.
Hope it makes your Anki reps a little less tedious now on.

Except I just arrived here to link an article? You're the problem here, user, what's going on in your head is not reality.

>typing doesn't take time
shock

>you can justify procrastination
i'm not the guy who you tried "helping" you know

No, you don't understand. It's a meme.

Why do generals attract the wort kinds of people

Nothing. I've only done games, VNs, and manga etc. up to this point.

Because there's no moderation to ban people that write paragraphs upon paragraphs of delusional drama

There are delusional people who bring over all sorts of assumptions and drama from their own board. These people are mentally ill and are out to provoke a reaction from perfectly normal posters just because of their own assumptions.

I think the word you're going for is "trolls" and they have nothing to do with crossboarding or mental illness.

You're on Cred Forums. Trolling is a matter of course.

I never see jekai.org/aiueoindex.htm mentioned here. Is it not liked?

forum.koohii.com/thread-13677.html

I haven't read much literature either but I posted some of it in the reading list for what it's worth. I don't think there's anyone else who's delved into it in this thread.

You don't get it. There was a guy trying to provoke people last thread trying to identify them as a poster from /vg/. On any normal thread trolling is done by the contents of one's posts and is pretty easy to spot. When they're trying to draw a connection between you and someone from some other general -- worst a different fucking board, it's a clear indicator that they've a screw loose up there.

Yeah, refreshing to see that they have the ability to move away from their animal instincts, and it is a sign of how technologically and socially advanced they are, but it is scary that it results in their population plummeting so much in the long run, if their population can just go down a couple tens of millions or so and then even out then it would be alright

I'm pretty sure googling any of these would turn up an answer quicker than searching the page itself

i think your problem is you're projecting some peoples' problems onto other peoples' problems

assuming that person a is person b just because you think so is p delusional desu senpai

>trying to identify them as a poster from /vg/.
You're telling me that "Jamal" person isn't Onso -the trip?

This exactly illustrates my point. I don't even know about this nonsense because I don't crossboard to /vg/.

Half the people in this thread do it.

Tens of millions would be dramatic but more realistically I believe it could end up getting in half or so and I don't think I would be really worried. I think it's a fair price to pay for them to be able to keep their culture intact without having to let savages from overseas burn down everything their ancestors left for them.

I am genuinely sick of my country and as cringe as it might sound to others Japan is pretty much the only country I still have respect and interest in as of today.

how do you know what half the thread does

do you stalk them

Ye

>Yeah, refreshing to see that they have the ability to move away from their animal instincts
I highly doubt this, I think it's more because they've developed porn into such a legitimate and exquisite art form that it's transcended physical sex. It's not like these virgins are sitting at home with clear pure minds, right, they're just reading doujins and eroge instead because they're so much superior to IRL humans.

i do too and i can say you're wrong

Report this dogshit.

Not your personal army.

Hadn't seen this fucking sentence in years now, I bet you feel really smart now aren't you.

What?

I agree, I don't really know how a massive population shift like that would work, but I would hope it would all work out fine and Japan could keep going strong, hard in the current times we live in though

Yeah, that's true, that instinct is definitely still there, just not in the same way as you'd find in young people in most places in the world where they actively feel the need to go out and have physical relations, so they must have still transcended it somewhat, but yeah I could have worded that better

Get some sleep.

何でお前らはまだ分かってないのか?
小文字しか使わない奴に返事しないで!
レポートしろ!
スルーしろ!
簡単じゃないか!

>Take japanese class because my family has a japanese exchange student and I'm going there for a business trip
>Take picture of my homework and send to her in a text
>"Do my homework."
>Joke, obviously
>40 minutes later and she sends me a text with all the answers

Jeez bro wanna be any slower posting that 様です

>when someone gets literally this mad

I hope you explained the situation.

ょぅι゛ょっょぃ

On a scale of 1 to オッコてます how upset is everyone in this thread?

やっぱり日本人と関係がある

オッコてます

いただきます。

飲みたいよ
お願いします
飲めさせてください

Haha you're wrong they live being what everyone's "supposed to be" every single fucking day. They just can't be assed to have court or have sex anymore.

Day 0 of Japanese studies

Wish me luck senpais

I appreciate it. I've been looking for a few days now and I tried this once before a few months back. I've never found anything definitive. I've even looked at Japanese prefecture websites to find their middle school and high school curricula (turns out most of the books listed are textbooks and books that were written in the last 5-10 years).

知るか

がんばってこうはいくん

ワニ!

カニカニカニカニ

Print out 10 sheets.
Track.
You are hiragana master!

happylilac.net/hiragana-rensyu-1.pdf

just remember, you only get one chance
any remaining japanese in your body turns into a poison that will kill you if you dont keep going

its kinda like that movie speed but instead of dennis hopper trying to blow you up its just the language trying you eat you alive from the inside out

good luck tho

あったまきた

Why is Yotsuba wearing a juden skull cap?

That series is great

Reminded me that I have to pick up the manga

ジンギスカンとか

Your あ is terrible.

He's an asshole, but he's not wrong. Look at the proportions and take note of where elements exist in relation to each other. How close are lines to other lines? Where do inflection points, etc. occur?

>studying Japanese for 6 years
>only realized today that the correct way of writing ichi man yen is 1,0000円
>not 10,000円
kill me

Lads I can't go on.

さよなら!!

youtube.com/watch?v=jmEAYVKDymk

Didn't you do Tae Kim? Pretty sure I remember him putting emphasis on that

Wrong person, my dude. Just a DJT oldfag who's been through N1 and didn't actually learn shit.

why not just write ¥10000 instead of fucking around with punctuation inside numbers

What do you mean by "through N1" and why do you think you didn't learn anything?

Can I learn Japanese with only tae kim and the Heisig books? (and reading of course)

tk+anki+reading is all you need and what most people do here, yes. don't bother with heisig

Kanji study is not required unless you specifically find yourself consistently having problems with kanji even after like a year of reading, and even then KD is much better than RTK

I like using anki to memorize grammar rules, but I learn vocab by reading repetition.

>KD is much better than RTK

Can someone make me understand 増して please? Preferably with example sentences

reminder: kklc

Nope.

式は商店で普通じゃない。

はじめましてわたしはゲイ

That's some bad English man.

Are you sure you meant to reply to me?

いつにも増して寒い
昨日にも増して今日は暑い
あなたは以前にも増して勉強熱心ですね

意味は
>いつもより~、昔より~
です。ex:昔より高い、昔より安い、いつもより暑い、いつもより寒い

あなたは誰がハードゲイか

Are you sure it's even proper anywhere to write 1,0000円?
I've never seen that in my life. It's either a comma every 3 digits or nothing at all.

フゥー or w/e

Hm... I think I got that it's sometimes used like より but I'm still confused about the "to say nothing of; not to mention" dictionary definition though, got anything for that?

Man the right radical in 柳 is so nice to draw

Can't even describe how good this feels

Especially on a Saturday

did you encounter it in text or are you just asking for the sake of it

that word is extremely easy to understand when it actually comes up in context so i would suggest either not to worry about it or to install an epwing dictionary like kenkyusha if this kind of stuff is often urgent for you

straight from the above mentioned epwing dictionary:
平仮名も読めないんだから、まして漢字は無理だ。
歩くだけで精一杯なのに、まして走るなんてとんでもない。

you can see how it comes across as "not to mention x" here
really it still is just the て form of 増す so you could just think of it as "exceeding" or "more so"

「増して」の説明に
>to say nothing of; not to mention
と書かれているのですか?

それは「まして」or「ましてや」だと思います
ex:He can't speak English, ”much less” French.
彼は英語を話せません、”ましてや”フランス語を話せるわけがない。
ましてorましてや は漢字で書きません。
増してや is spell miss

>people still think anki is teaching them japanese

It's more of a motivation tool in the early stages when you don't know enough words/kanji to read yet. It helps people face the gargantuan task of learning Japanese and not give up. I'd say it's fine to ditch it once you're confident enough though

I did encounter it in text a while ago and mined the word + sentence. I just now saw it in anki again and didn't get the sentence so I was confused. I think I got it with your explanations now, but the example in my deck still looks like gibberish, which I'm guessing is because of a lack of context.
Here it is:
それと旨味が増して独自の風味が出るな

食べ放題?

What. That sentence works just fine with the original meaning of 増す which means "to increase"

All anki is is just a way of significantly speeding up the vocabulary process, memorising words is a hell of a lot slower without it

Ah wait. It means: "With that there is too much umami and the original flavor won't come through"

Yeah... Anki has "(exp,adv,uk) still more; to say nothing of; not to mention; still less; (P)" as the definition for it which confused the heck out of me since I tried to fit that into the sentence. Guess I'll edit in "increase"

>それと旨味が増して独自の風味が出るな
これは文法の説明をする必要がないと思います
増す increase

>memorising words is a hell of a lot slower without it

Do you have any evidence of that?

where are you getting the "won't" from

>Ah wait. It means: "With that there is too much umami and the original flavor won't come through"

You got it opposite

>Consistently seeing a word 5 times in a week through anki+reading vs seeing a word 5 times in a month through just reading if you're lucky

You don't see every card in your deck five times a week. Also one review in anki is not as effective as one encounter in an actual sentence because with the context and the necessity to understand the word to progress in the story causes a huge increase in motivation for the brain to remember the word correctly.

>You don't see every card in your deck five times a week
I said 5 times in a week through reading and anki together, you easily see a word 3 times in a week in anki, and you're gunna have seen it at least once while reading if you have it mined in the first place, and then you could get lucky enough to see it once again while reading, making 5

>Also one review in anki is not as effective as one encounter in an actual sentence
People that do anki still encounter words in the wild just as much as someone not doing anki would, just with the added benefit of anki on the side

You sure are making funny excuses for being too lazy to do your reps.

I don't have any reps

それと旨味が増して独自の風味が出るな
Umami increases, and distinct flavor come out.

おにいちゃんなかすいた

さんまたべよ

seeing a word 5 times in a month through reading would be enough to stick it pretty damn deep into my long term memory

having instead seen the same word 5 times in anki isn't likely to save me from needing to look it up again when i see for the first time actually reading something

because of this phenomemon which i have actually encountered in practice, i dropped anki completely half a year ago and haven't looked back

that said i did only spend a month or so trying to study vocab in anki as opposed to the five months i spent using it to learn kanji, and none of that time i spent on kanji feels like it was in vain right now so i guess anki does have its uses

While I do use anki and recognize its merit if used as a side tool I never bothered to look at my stats. I don't really understand why people get stuck up on that let it influence them. "Oh wow look guys my curves and those % but damn look at that thing there!".

I just do my reps in the morning and go on with my day and look at my Kanji grid every few weeks to see how I'm progressing and that's it.

>kanji cuck
Opinion discarded.

Is it possible for someone to learn how to read japanese but can only type and can't into manual writing?

No dude it is literally impossible to READ when you don't know how to WRITE since they are very related!

isn't likely to save me from needing to look it up again when i see for the first time actually reading something

I'm talking about mining though, you would have had to have seen it while reading in order to have it in anki

Yes, I've studied for four years but I can count the number of kanji I'd be able to handwrite on my fingers.

Stats are indeed retarded, the only useful part is the part that shows you how many cards you have, other than that there's no reason to look at them

Depends if you want to be a NEET lowlife or not

you wish you had spent five months fucking yourself with a kanji deck in everyone's favorite memory aid software

really you do not believe how great it is to able to look at some shitty chinese rune and be able to pull its onyomi and whatever out of your head at a moments notice

i'm saying that and i never even studied onyomi or vocab i literally just put the kanji and some frankly useless keywords into my brain but even so it's basically a miracle

You're not learning The DJT Way™ so you're wrong

I live and work in Japan in a predominately Japanese workplace. I'm doing fine.

i've never tried mining so i guess just take my post as an attack on core2k et al

nasakenai

I mean I can pull out some readings for kanji and I've solely done vocab. The "keyword" thing is pretty useless imo.

Also sacred? If not nevermind but your writing style is pretty similar.

Quality post.

Thanks

>Japanese people
youtube.com/watch?v=6_Ii6f7Gh6o

youtu.be/-MlkesyBa_I?t=2m13s

That's what they get for not being PC masterrace.

Souseki, Osamu and Akutagawa are always safe choices

This video is staged you fucking retard. Also stop posting videos from your Facebook news feed.

Should be smashing that disgusting blonde hair

Obviously fake though

Nice day. Walked a lot. Japanese people speak fast. Dekinai.

This thread is your blog

This is perhaps the bloggiest blog post I've ever seen

I think you misclicked this thread instead of your instagram tab

I don't think I can learn Japanese.

What specific part are you trying to learn right now?

I don't think you can learn Japanese either.

just learned japanese tbqh
it was hard but i made it in time for dinner

宇宙人は存在すると思いますか

アメリカには違法宇宙人が大勢いるよ。

そですね

もちろん

ワレワレハ宇宙人ダ

I want to know: why does no one on djt mention Maggie sensei? There has been multiple times where I couldn't find a grammar point on tae kim or jgram or whatever that she had an article about. I feel like she should be used by a lot more beginners and intermediates on here like myself. But what's /djt/'s opinion?

When I learned 存在 at school i said an almost identical sentence to my history teacher for amusement one time.

Anyone else have trouble saying 私達? I can say each of them by itself, but together...

Do you say the し fully? You can just say "watash tachi" and it flows better

I think people go to Tae Kim mainly just because it's short and well known. Since the guy is native to neither Japanese nor English you don't have to look far to find better resources.

I still cant say あらわれる

余は宇宙人であるよ

Is there a specific rule set for dropped vowels?

Just when it feels more natural to do so

壁を建てる。

>As its rule suggests, the causative passive is used to express causation passively: 両親に勉強させられる ryōshin ni benkyō saserareru: "(I) am made to study by (my) parents".
>Because words such as 待たせられる mataserareru are considered to be difficult to pronounce, frequently in colloquial speech, the middle part of the causative passive would contract. That is, 待たせられる mataserareru (I was made to wait), would become 待たされる matasareru. Another example such as "(I) was made to buy (something)" would formally be 買わせられた kawaserareta from the verb 買う kau, but colloquially, it is frequently contracted to 買わされた kawasareta. This abbreviation is not used for vowel-stem verbs, nor for the irregular する suru and くる kuru.

Vowel-stem just means verbs whose masu-stem ends with a vowel right? If so why is 買う used as an example when its stem is か?

Every masu-stem in the language ends with a vowel

I'd assume it means 追うand such

Can anyone help me? What is this kandji?

>Since the guy is native to neither Japanese nor English
Neither prevents him from being good at what he does though.

薔薇

Listen to more Japanese (watch more anime).
Though generally す, し and sometimes つ tend to have their vowel dropped when followed by a T or K consonant.
eg.
話した pronounced hanashta
好き pronounced ski

Also dropping the vowel of く when followed by a S consonant

沢山 as taksan

And dropping the u in です and -ます

Thank

Learn your radicals

You could have easily found that first one just with ⺾ 口 囗 and that second one with ⺾ 彳 攵

勿論いますよ。皆ツンデレですが。
「好きとか、火星から見守ってるとか、そんなこと、あ、ある訳ないじゃないですか!」

It's OK, it's just that you aren't one of the Chosen Ones.

I feel kinda weird reading this. I mean, it's Cred Forums of all places, I thought it's common knowledge. Unless they watch this shit dubbed, I don't know.

dashta but dashimas with a side note of des

dasu -> dashita 'dashi' is the same root as dasu -> dashimasu, but it has diverged in actual pronunciation

look at it for ku verbs as well

誇り高き- proud?

この包みは誰のですか

Did you even try?

1. The vowel must be a short i or u.
2. The consonant before the vowel must be voiceless:
/k/, /s/ (also includes しゅ), /t/, /h/ (ふ and ひ), and maybe also /p/ (though it seems rarer).
3. The vowel must be at the end of a word, or followed by another voiceless consonant.
This explains why you see muting in sukoshi and hikari but not in sugoi and bikkuri.

Another useful thing to remember is that you can't have two muted vowels in a row, so in words suki and tsukushita not all vowels that match rule 1-3 become mute.

おいおい 4週間前にチア男子を買ったけどまだ届かないんだ  

い becomes き in adjectives sometimes, it sounds more poetic. Not sure the actual rules but it seems fairly common.

Not him but thanks, I was just about to ask why the Japanese title of TWEWY is written as 素晴らしき

Thanks Jisho that's good to know

They are putting some pubic hair between a book for you now.

私のドラゴンディルドです

my anki started acting weird today

in my vocab deck I will read the text and then click display answer: in the past it played the audio immediately but now it's lagging like 5 seconds

did I accidentally enable a delay option or what? I thought maybe my internet was being shit but then I remembered I have these audio files on my computer so it shouldn't be that

連体形 of adjectives in Classical Japanese.
高し - 高しき
麗し - 麗しき
And so on.

Yup guys do you know any app that helps you learn Japanese i just started learning but it's kind of hard because I couldn't find something that helps ya I have started with heragana

高しい?

No.

That's what you have in your post.

No, I don't. What makes you think so?

What does 働きかけ mean when describing language? Language in which someone/something is acted upon?

coelang.tufs.ac.jp/mt/grammar/gmod/contents/explanation/095.html

help lease this is getting really fucking annoying

it's exactly a 5 second delay, too

close some tabs or restart your computer
ctrl + alt +delete to see what botnet is hogging all your resources

Maggie sensei is tl;dr for most people ITT.

I wish her lessons were a bit more structured instead of "this is what I feel like teaching today", but yeah, it's useful for getting quite a few examples and brushing up on stuff you've already learned.

Personally don't care for Tae Kim, but saying Tae Kim is easy since it's all one pdf.

Restarting the computer did the trick.

I have no idea what that was about. Thanks man.

I finished my kanji deck (lol) and am about 1400 cards into my 10k vocab deck.

When will I... you know, be able to understand what I'm reading?

When you start reading and look up the things you don't understand.

I'm actually reading stuff but I can't understand what it's trying to say.

This starter pack came with a grammar deck, should I start that?

If you're still unfamiliar with basic grammar I would suggest doing that, but if you've already covered the basics it just comes down to reading more until you get used to it

>start day with 460 reviews, 50 new cards and shit concentration
>240 reviews left

I would like to make sure I'm understanding this correctly (I trust this is right since three of you said the same thing)

The な here is just for emphasis... similar to how you can tack on ね -- I understand the nuance/meaning is different between these.

We know it's not the negative command form because this is obviously a statement and not an order, right? I think that is what made me flip the meaning at first.

>While in Kyoto I tried to learn Japanese with a vengeance. I worked much harder at it, and got to a point where I could go around in taxis and do things. I took lessons from a Japanese man every day for an hour.
>One day he was teaching me the word for "see." "All right," he said. "You want to say, 'May I see your garden?' What do you say?"
>I made up a sentence with the word that I had just learned.
>"No, no!" he said. "When you say to someone, 'Would you like to see my garden?' you use the first 'see.' But when you want to see someone else's garden, you must use another 'see,' which is more polite."
>"Would you like to glance at my lousy garden?" is essentially what you're saying in the first case, but when you want to look at the other fella's garden, you have to say something like, "May I observe your gorgeous garden?" So there's two different words you have to use.
>Then he gave me another one: "You go to a temple, and you want to look at the gardens..."
>I made up a sentence, this time with the polite "see."
>"No, no!" he said. "In the temple, the gardens are much more elegant. So you have to say something that would be equivalent to 'May I hang my eyes on your most exquisite gardens?"
>Three or four different words for one idea, because when I'm doing it, it's miserable; when you're doing it, it's elegant
>I was learning Japanese mainly for technical things, so I decided to check if this same problem existed among the scientists
>At the institute the next day, I said to the guys in the office, "How would I say in Japanese, 'I solve the Dirac Equation'?"
>They said such-and-so.
>"OK. Now I want to say, 'Would you solve the Dirac Equation?' — how do I say that?"
>"Well, you have to use a different word for 'solve,' " they say.
>"Why?" I protested. "When I solve it, I do the same damn thing as when you solve it!"
>"Well, yes, but it's a different word — it's more polite."
>I gave up. I decided that wasn't the language for me, and stopped learning Japanese.

tl;dr

so what are the different words for see?

I only know 見る

>opposite world

>tfw smarter than Richard Feynman

He's probably just talking about different conjugations, like 見る 見ます.

There are also 観る、目を掛ける、ごらん...

見る 観る 診る 覧る
むしろ英語の方が多い気がする
watch see look,,,

For words that are almost always written in kana (like, say, 此れ vs これ), do you guys mine them as kanji or kana?

I generally mine the kanji 99% of the time, the only times I don't is when they're really ridiculous, or when I know it'll confuse me because it shares kanji with something else

The way I see it, it's pretty likely you'll see most "kana only" words written in kanji at some point in your life, so you might as well mine it in kanji the first time, that way you'll recognise the kanji and kana readings, instead of just the kana

I keep this frequency list open in a tab:
raw.githubusercontent.com/PSeitz/japanese-dictionary/master/base_aggregates.txt
If the kanji form gets even a single hit, I mine it. The list is shit, but it works for weeding out stuff like 蜚蠊 that are never actually used outside EDICT.

どっちが良いですか?
>A bike which seemed to be expensive stopped in front of my house.
>A bike looks expensive stopped in front of my house.
or?

expensive-looking bike

A bike that looks expensive

A expensive-looking bike stopped...
Do adjective-lookings have diversity?

確かにその通りでした。私は愚か者です

It should be
>An expensive-looking bike.

And yes:
>That is a nice-looking house.
>You have a good-looking wife.
>He was riding a tired-looking horse.

おお!これは便利です ありがとアノン君
>You have a good-looking wife.
and my wife is C.C.

高い値段な自転車は僕の家の前に止まった。

高そうな(値段の)自転車は
(値段の)高そうな自転車は

expensiveの場合は”値段の”を省略します。省略しなくてもいいです。

Do you ever say something out loud in Japanese and realize how fucking weird you sound?

>Do you ever say something out loud in Japanese and realize how fucking cool you sound?
FTFY

Of course, a bit of accent will stay unless you put in effort for years.
But that's the charme of being a gaijin.

This desu

I love reading shit in Japanese

I read every line of DQVII out loud while walking around with my 3DS.

Please tell me you also take a go pro along and upload it to a blog daily that get's like 4 views per video.

I definitely not sound like a native when I speak English. Does it matter in real life/at work? Not really.

When I sing along a J-Pop song, I know that my pronunciation is not that good but whatever

Keep deluding yourself, your entire post is an eyesore 爆笑

this is what i like to see first thing in the morning keep up the good work

Thoughts on Namasensei?

>lived in Japan for seven years
>only knows 400 kanji

Any good trackers for idol/variety TV-shows? I find nyaa and Avistaz a bit lacking

I would be interested in this as well.
All I know of is d-addicts, nyaa and raredorama. But most of it is not variety focused.

Having trouble figuring out what きっつい is. It seems like something related to hard work or exertion, but I can't quite pin down what the right nuance is.

It might be an abbreviated version of きっついわー if that helps any.

Seems like I'm making good progress.

What you're saying is that Tae Kim is the wiser starting point.

きつい

きつい

Gah. Thanks

>tfw been slowly doing my reps for the past 9 hours
Weekend Anki sucks

What is your secret? How the fuck do you have that high of a retention?

Drugs

:^)

I take fish oil supplements amounting to 3g of omega 3 every day that I don't eat fish.

kek, adderall?

>correct answers on mature cards 6/6
Your ratio will deteriorate when you actually have cards you haven't seen in ages.

A lot of cards from core I already know from wanikani.
Mining deck is a bit harder.

I don't think so, I have 3000+ mature cards and it worked fine for now.

3000+ mature cards and only 6 showed up?
I guess it's possible.

I came back to anki recently after having finished wanikani.
I did most mature cards 5 weeks ago and now there's more young cards again.

I have 90.13% correct rate for mature cards, that long break cost me most of those ~10%

>wanikani
and kill yourself on your way out.

But before that, witness the retention of a superior intelligence who doesn't need to study the same thing twice to be able to brag about remembering anything.

My mining deck looks a bit worse, but I blame most of it on the afforementioned hiatus.

私が生まれたときに私は日本語を知っていた

What happened to amphetamine spamming in DJT

this is a straight edge thread now science has proven if you dont pollute your human temple with drug filth and drink plenty of water and eat fresh produce everyday not only will you learn japanese faster and better but you will also get laid at a higher rate

You forgot that you have to eat fish oil for maximum retention.

Fuck, detective drama is great.
Should've watched some of those sooner.

Yeah you should watch Detective Conan

i forgot to mention in addition to being straight edge the thread also no longer tolerates curse words or racial slurs as filthy frankly if you need them to get your point across your diction is simply lacking as well as penis size

Hiya reddit

A higher rate... a number times zero is still zero.
人生は苦しい。

Can we add a supplement guide to the guide? I get the feeling most people in this thread are not getting the optimum vitamin balance for learning.

Just check the supplement guide over at

>you will also get laid at a higher rate
I get laid often enough, I'll stick to my drugs thank you.

冷麺は不味そうだな
Thanks for the reading practice お兄ちゃん

おはようおにいちゃん

学校にはどこかにかならず

きゅうとう
  給湯   室があるんだよ

だいたい職員室のちかくにね

The Adderrall lifestyle isn't sustainable, and it's really going to hurt when you crash.

Friendly advice from a long time abuser.

どんどんふるえる

I've put in 400 hours into Studying Japanese but still have trouble reading an easy LN.

Is this just how it is or does this look pretty bad.

What Japanese text are you reading?

If you're not reading something, why not?

新しいcoolgameペルソナ5超面白いぜ

I'm not really interested in Persona but on Cred Forums it seems everyone thinks it's shit.
Is it really that bad?

I put 400 hours into Anki and I feel like I can't read anything. Maybe the occasional sentence on NHK News Easy. You're probably doing fine :)

Just the fact that you keep track of how much you study tells me you will never make it. Learning a language is not something you can achieve by grinding shit in an environment where you clock every minute of your study time and neglect the language outside of that time. If you have the basics down, just immerse yourself in the language and it will eventually stick.

When you say studying Japanese does that include actually reading/using the language? You're not going to get far if you stick to textbook lessons. Apply that knowledge.

most long awaited things get shit on with harsh criticism but i think its dope and funky fresh

also you can battle in dungeons and do social links and buy items in the shop

Today I did Anki for 32 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 1 hour and 14 minutes.

がんばったね

よくがんばった

If it weren't for the social links, school life and other time fillers I would maybe play it.

Is it the same as Persona 4 where you have 3 hours of completely bland VN story followed by 30 minute dungeons?

really dude? the dungeon parts of persona are always the most boring and bland. just play SMT if you want those

i guess you can run around tokyo instead of some inaka or w/e..

I have never, EVER understood the meaning of 調子 under several different contexts.

Today I did Anki for 26 minutes and then I realized how much of a waste of oxygen I was.

調子はどうだああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

調子に乗んなよ

Well, I didn't say the dungeons were more interesting, but at least they are dealt with quickly.

I think the series just isn't suited for me.

Especially the social links made me question if they even spent a tiny bit of effort to create an interesting story behind them instead of using the first thing that came to mind.

サーフボードのように調子に乗る

なんかバカにされているような気がするのは気のせいでしょうか

悪口許さんぜよ

なんかゲイにされているような気がするのは気のせいでしょうか

Nothing is impossible. Think big, follow your dreams, learn Japanese.

majisaitei

I should get a tattoo of that, so inspiring.

why would you want to get a tattoo about wanting to cum inside female elementary schooler pussy?

so he can be a big hit in prison

>when in rome

That's what the Japanese says?
I had no idea.

もし ともだちが

なきそうなめにあったとき

あのんくんはどうする?

からかうよ

自閉症なのでアニメの会話をはじめます

友達がいない

>tfw have tattoos and won't be allowed into onsens
Sometimes I question why I'm even learning Japanese.

Not all onsens will ban you.
You'll be able to bathe together with Yakuza and have a blast instead.

>なきそうなめにあったとき
虚無主義を教える。

なきそうなの?

ジョジョ4期ってさコーイチ君が吉良を駆逐しそうだよね。ところでなんでなきそうなの?

・・・・友達おらへん!

うんこ痛いから

You can't learn Japanese.

How do I improve my anki retention? I'm on day 3/4 of using it, and my relearn is like 1/2 of my time.

毎日毎日ゲイっすね

>っす
Just learned something new, thanks

Learn radicals?

Guys please a hand with this super blurry kanjis, they resist my best attempts at drawing them on the ocr.

言佯鶏激締貝

I'm doing vocab, not kanji.

What is the 'normal' Japanese way of learning Kanji or the language in general?

In learning English you learn alphabet first, the building blocks of everything, then how to combine them to make words. Simple enough. Unlike in Japanese, where you'll learn Hiragana and Katakana, which is also a foundation, but how do they proceed to Kanji and writing it? There doesn't seem to be any 'connection'. Anyone can enlighten me on this?

嗚 信 those two are pretty easy, man. The others will take this beginner a while

come on user

so it was Shin, crap, i could swear it looked different here

in japan the kids know words and they're taught kanji that represent those words over the course of many, many years

because you don't know words in advance, this model cannot be used for foreign learners of the language. however, children's drill books are still useful for adults.

金利
利子
利息
利回り

What does a gay artist practice?

ゲイじゅつ

大変よく笑った

I know. If you can't recognize or distinguish the kanji in vocabulary knowing radicals will probably help.

TY

i thought it was from that too..

信着鳴響識責?

yes, its perfect

It was from these

学生の少年と
その衷である教脊実習生

家が隣で、親同上が友人で
あったため、姉弟のように脊つ

しかしすぐにお互いを男女として
意識し始め、彼氏彼女の関係に

ある日、キスしているところを
彼女の父親に目撃され
男としての責任を取ることに
(どちらも異論は無かったが)

少年が18になって
すぐに節を入れたものの
学生の間は性交禁止令を出される

それを律儀に守り、
まだ二人の関係は軽いキス止まり

友遠と遊ぴに行った
帰りのことだった

ソレを目にした時
すぐにでも飛ぴかかりそうになった
しかし、ふとよぎった懸念が
体を止めた…

決して強氣とは言えない
彼女がその手を
掴み上げられないのは分かるが…

"あの男の指は彼女の中に
深く人り込んでいるようだった"
それに対して、ちらちらと窺える
彼女の表情は
無理やり引き裂かれる苦痛を
表しているようには見えなかった

…子供の頃からずっと、一緒だった
だからこそ確信を持てた
彼女は処女のはずだ、と

しかし…彼女はもしかして
なのではないか?

頭の奥が真っ赤に
なるような想像
ネットリと、あるいは激しく
彼女が奥までかき回されている現実…

やがて駅に着き
ようやく彼女は振りほどくように
離れ 降りて行った
男も…まるでそれを
追うかのように…

発車の音楽が嗚り響く中
僕の選択は…

youtu.be/6HGLeUqoUf8?t=46s

>遊び
>飛び

I'm sure there are more... Damn son, did you look up all those by radical? Seems like a pain in the ass. Just do core brah; it's not that hard.

「扉という物は脚ではなく手で開けるのだよ、わかるかな、久我君?」

those words don't even look like eachother is why it's funny

>弱肉強食

Are you someone who eats, or are you just meat?

My meat eyes are bad so i must discriminate
肉眼
眼鏡

テントが設営されまして

I'm pitching a tent here as well my man

osananajimo netorare is the best

Is そんじゃ そのでは? Couldn't find it in the dictionary. When I looked it up I kept getting entries for 尊者.

あんた、ばかじゃないか

Aren't we all?

それじゃ
それでは
I don't know -- I'm just making shit up

あんた、ばかではないか

I thought of それでは at first, but the ん made me wonder if it was の for some reason, since that's what の always becomes when contracted.

あんたゲイではなイカ

あれ~?このスレには馬鹿人組みしかみえないんだよね~「日本語ができる」なんて..笑わせないでよ (´• ω •`)

そのでは. Literally, "With that, see ya".

I've been mining through rikai recently but I have a question. How do I tell add a word that is not the 1st definition?

Let's say I put したまえ、hover it and want to add し給え (which was a bitch to type) instead of 下前, how can I do that?

What readers does DJT use for manga?
Windows 10's default image viewer is a massive turd and a giant downgrade from what Windows 7 had.

HoneyView3

try: evince, mcomix, geeqie

don't know if all of those are on windows but evince is

Honeyview

Honeyview

はいはい
わたくしは超馬鹿でもDJT達はバカじゃないんだ!悪口を言うな!

I finished core 2k and started a mining deck a while ago and now it seems core is whittling down to just words that I confuse with other words or just constantly read them with the wrong reading. What a bother.

You can't do it automatically in a way that works for your example. There is a fork with the feature: github.com/txgio/orikaisama/releases

可愛いという言葉以上に、儚げな笑顔だった。

A face that is fleeting rather than cute?

never seen 以上に like that

Thanks for the info!

Maybe try adding a new word that shares a kanji with one you are mixing up.

あのんくんはばかじゃないよ

たとえばかだとしても

ばかという名の紳士だよ

You shouldn't have multiple vocab decks, it's best to have all of your vocab stuff in the same place. By not doing so you risk to add the same words twice in the long run and thus waste time and efforts.

It's possible to fusion the two decks now if you'd like to.

>By not doing so you risk to add the same words twice in the long run and thus waste time and efforts
That's not a waste, though. You clearly didn't know the word if you had to add it twice.

in fact having it in a different deck might actually make that word stop being stubborn if so

If you "clearly" don't know a word you're supposed to hit again, having it pop twice a day is a waste of time, you'd better add another 10 10 rather than twice the same card.

What next, people should have core6k twice so they can study it better?

happylifestyle.com/600

Japs need to learn how to embrace the kanji way.

i fail to see how your argument is relevant to the post you're responding to

Okay anki drone, have fun spending your days on anki starring at the same cards twice a day while I go on reading.

i don't use anki

>More than "cute", it was a fleeting smile.
Seems like normal 以上 to me.

sljfaq.org/afaq/education.html

Basically they learn them the same way English speakers would learn vocabulary words. Some number (maybe 10) per week are assigned. They practice reading, writing, etc. Then they would be quizzed on writing, reading, usage, etc after the week is over. That's what I was told by a couple Japanese adults.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji_kentei
This test is considered pretty standard across Japan. You can see what skills/knowledge students are supposed to have at each level. Most high school students will finish at level 2.

I'm abandoning core. The idea is to mature the 2.3k or so cards I have while adding 20 a day to my mining and continuing forever. I don't think I would add a word I've already gone over. Even if I fail a word in core regularly if I see it somewhere else I'll know that I've studied it before even if I can't recall the meaning or pronunciation.

Hey guys, started talking to moon people on line and stuff. How do you guys parse all these stuff that you haven't learned yet that they bombard you with? For now i just paste it all on takoboto but there's a limit to the length of what i can paste on it. This isn't very efficient.

Is てった a contraction of ていった?
e.g. 消えてった

where are you talking to people online at?

Use the Firefox texthooker on the guide resource page.

I generally just put in the time and effort. Use Rikaikun/chan + Jisho for vocab I don't know and Tae Kim + DJG, etc. for grammar that I haven't seen. I personally learn a lot more that way.

lang-8 and hellotalk. And instagram chat somehow too.

It's also good to go on mobile?

Yeah but chatting demands immediate replies which is why i need something fast for conversation. It forces me to think on my feet but i need a crutch for now. I study the crap out of them when the japs go to sleep.

>By not doing so you risk to add the same words twice in the long run and thus waste time and efforts.
user, that isn't how Anki works. All you need to do is give the expression/kanji/word and reading fields of your vocabulary decks the same name and run a duplicate check on the field names.
Pic related is an example of this. I put together two test decks using the same field names for the word and reading entries, then proceeded to add the same word to each different deck. Afterwards I ran a duplicate check on the vocab field and screencapped the results. Very, very easy to check for duplicates.

>tfw translation is more about your english skill than your ability to read japanese

Yeah

Editors and typesetters are also more valued than translators

Because most translators are esl scum.