What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=puKQNDV-Eks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing, it is AOTY so far.

People expecting a good anime to begin with when it was clear that it was nothing but SnK with zombies from the start.

This

Not much besides usual Cred Forumsutists' complaints like this

please don't tell me this anime is kill
i watched the first 5 eps and it was awesome
i wanted to watch the rest now but i might not bother if it went to shit

It fell into generic shounen. Made society dumb as fuck. I dont understand how plots keep falling for this shit, do they use the same writers every time or what?

Yes?

what do you mean made society dumb as fuck?

it seemed ok and the character development was good at the start

The people were dumb.

Everything.

very fucking descriptive
the general public is usually stupid in both anime and real life

you sound like an aspie 12 year old who points out what they should have done constantly

It turned to shit after Biba. As simple as that.

It was nice until zombie started fighting.
A zombie with a katana?What the fuck was that? I cringed watching that.
Plot also went downhill

Not enough feet. It all went downhill after the first episode.

This. It even got a live action film called "Train to Busan"

It didn't seem to know what it wanted to do. The first seven episodes were a monster story with no overarching plot beyond "reach the capital and survive." There was nothing wrong with this setup, as it's ideal for showing the world that the characters live in as well as what they have to deal with aside from just fighting zombies ala Bebop or Alien.

Then, with only 5 episodes to go, they tried to introduce a main antagonist. The main problem was not even Biba himself but how he was presented. His "publicly acknowledged hero who's actually an evil SOB" thing was incredibly telegraphed even by the standards of anime, and, as a consequence of how rushed things were, they did an extremely poor job of communicating to the audience what his motivations were (IIRC, people here found out about them through supplementary materials and not the show itself) or showing his actions to have a semblance of credulity or ambiguity to them.

If they had gone with the setup they initially had and left the whole Biba storyline for a potential S2, it would have made for a stronger and more cohesive story overall.

Biba.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=puKQNDV-Eks

How many anime gets a live action film. Only masterpiece gets one.

It's purrfect

did nothing wrong

Shishio did it better.