Drifters

New PV: youtube.com/watch?v=OZDGrL2bDOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gHlOcnzddMw

So who is watching this? It seems to be a TV series and not an OAV series like Hellsing ultimate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cRoUhyt7Zts
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7C_N3fsn0
youtube.com/watch?v=D6Bs_522x5w
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=8584
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so you want to see a black screen?

Art looks fine, but animation is pretty medicore from what I can tell.

The 1st two episode are already as a special OAV.

Is this the normalfag anime of this season?

I will be. The manga's alright so far, hasn't hit the same highs Hellsing did though Hellsing's best moments were in the last portion and Drifters final battle is only just beginning so hopefully it goes somewhere. And I'm pretty sure we've known about it being a TV series and not an OVA for a long while now.

Probably. I see fuck all people actually discussing it in English though so I don't know.

What's with the pretentious BGM?

It's by the author of Hellsing. It's not as Edgy though.
You should watch Hellsing Ultimate. youtube.com/watch?v=cRoUhyt7Zts

The classical is probably not actually in the anime.
Otherwise they would have listed the author whenever the music played, like they did with the nip rock.

Probably because Drifters does not take itself seriously.
Hayato Matsuo and fukin Yasushi Ishii are the composers.
Those
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7C_N3fsn0
are from Yasushi Ishii. (the second one is not related to the new anime i think).

>pretentious
>prɪˈtɛnʃəs/
>adjective
>adjective: pretentious

>attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.

What? Are you saying it's pretending to be greater than it is by referencing that classical song?

most edgy kids have see hellsing and this have blood, rape and jesus is the bad guy, this scream normalfag magnet

Anyone who hasn't big boobs is a boy in this series. (it a great way to not fall for the traps)

So does this even have a plot or just senseless violence?

Everyone sounds like they're fucking pissed off to the extreme. It feels only appropriate.

I felt like laughing my ass off from hearing the first half of the pv. Second half that had the actual song sounded like a good OP.

Drifters is way more popular than Hellsing in Japan.

Don't post on Cred Forums until you improve your English.

I'd gladly fall for Yoshitsune any day.

Honestly, it has a cooler premise. Plus Japan literally can not get enough of Oda Nobunigga

The OVA was pretty entertaining. Will watch even though it doesn't seem as good as Hellsing.

Already watched the first two episodes. Should be a decent adaptation though. It's nice to actually hear Toyohisa's accent. I feel like you lose a lot when you read the English scanlations that can't find a good counterpart to it.

Is there anywhere where I can find the teaser song?

It's Fate/Stay night meet Hellsing.

>Shimazu Toyohisa, while involved in the Battle of Sekigahara, manages to mortally wound Ii Naomasa, but is critically wounded in the process. As he walks from the field wounded and bleeding, Toyohisa finds himself transported to a corridor of doors where a bespectacled man at a desk waits for him. This man, Murasaki, sends Toyohisa into the nearest door where he wakes up in another world. There, Toyohisa meets other great warriors like him who have been transported as well, to be part of a group known as Drifters.

>This world contains both native humans and a number of fantastical races, including elves, dwarves, and hobbits. However, the world is at war, with the humans waging a losing war against another group of great warriors, the Ends, who wish to take over the world and kill all the Drifters. Under the Ends' command are many terrible creatures, including dragons, which they use to destroy everything in their wake. At the start of the series, the Ends' army has control of the northern part of the continent and is currently trying to invade the south through a pivotal fortress at the northernmost tip of a nation called Carneades. Meanwhile, the Octobrist Organization, a group of human magicians native to this world, attempt to bring together the many individual Drifters to save their world from the brutal Ends.

The Drifters are sent by Murasaki while the Ends are sent by Easy. They are at odds with each others, their motivation is still unknow and the manga chapter release is fukin slow with only few pages when there is a release.

Yasushi Ishii - Feel it
I can't find it anywhere besides in this OAV promo.

Tamon-maru when. Norakuro when. Since it's a TV series, I hope it doesn't get censored while it's airing.

It's reverse Fate Stay Night, kind of.

Real life historical characters got summoned into High Fantasy settings (European Castles, with Elves and Dwarves) after they die. The "good guys" retain their character/memory/wisdom but gain no superpowers are called Drifters. The "bad guys" gain superpower from they way they die (e.g. Joan of Arc controlling fire) but went berserk and were only a shadow of their former selves.Hijinks and war ensues as they fight one another to gain control of the fantasy land

>Rip van vinkle without freckles

Do we know how many episodes it is?

Having not read driftters what I want to know is why is so much trap hentai manga of it?

Yoichi is best trap that's why

Because the waifu pool is pretty dry. There's noone to sexualize other than Yoichi and Omnipples

>Tamon-maru when.
I'm also waiting for his time to shine as well.

I am going to sexualize Jeanne d'Arc and Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova, and there is very little you can do to stop me.

What about the rapebait elves?

Joan of Arc?

It's probably similar to the reason the Chinese can't get enough three kingdoms and martial arts.

I bet there'd be good money in making a series about colonialism in the UK.

>I bet there'd be good money in making a series about colonialism in the UK.

nah most brits dont give a shit about colonialism, if they care about history at all its ww2 and stuff like trafalgar, waterloo etc

People gave Gate shit for supposedly glorifying the nips when in truth their government was portrayed as corrupt and incompetent, but the actual self fellation takes place in Drifters to a downright disgusting degree.

>Only the Japanese have this amazing spirit of the conquerors
>Super intelligent and great fighter, literally takes out battle groups of armed, trained swordsmen

Plane shooting up dragons and Scipio + Hannibal being old assholes is pretty good though.

>but the actual self fellation takes place in Drifters to a downright disgusting degree.

Go watch any burgerlywood movies

She intentionally looks like a boy but not in a trappish cute way but rather a realistic gross way.

To be fair Cap got rekt by literally everyone

>Crazy pyromaniac rapeface turbodyke bible thumper

That's like all bad recipes cooked up into one.

look at the mirror amerifat

It's pretty worthless if he didn't post a picture with him eating it
If he did, top cringe

He did at the bottom

Shit,didn't see it
What the fuck

>bad if he ate it
>bad if he didn't

You're tough to please ain't ya?

user's cooking misadventures are always fun.

Aye, I hope he play some bigger role with his band of sky pirates. Maybe they'll meet up with the rest of the Drifters and give the dorfs some rifles to reverse engineer to counter the Black King's horde.
You take that back, Jean is very hot.

>Jeanne d'Arc
>not wearing trousers

Isn't she just a mascot figurehead in real life? Yeah historically she got invited to closed door strategy meeting and all, to give cred as if she's master strategist but she's a 19 years old girl and I doubt French military strategist would bother to listen to her. During the war she's never in the front lines because what can a 19 years old virgin French girl do against 350 lbs British Knight clad in steel armor

>Jean is very hot.
She is indeed. When she was combusting and oxidizing on that stake

That depened on the historians, I think. Her contribution is still debated and it range from her just being a figure head, as you said, to an actual competent military leader. Though I'm pretty sure she was constantly on the frontlines precisely because of her role as a symbol for the French soldiers to rally behind.
Even after that she's still smoking.

>Black king is literally J****
How hard will Xtians be triggered?

CARLOS

Whenever this is brought up, all I have to say is that she was less than a military commander but more than a cheerleader.

There's still a chance that he's Judas, or MLK Jr.

How long will it be? 12 ep shitfest or proper 24+?

prepare for cute things censoring everything.

"Can't show this on TV"

This could be interesting. I might check it out.

That's not true at all.

What channel is it gonna air on? Isn't ATX uncensored or so?

Remind me that she is going to become Toyohisa's waifu.

Is this what the Brits really believe?

>Isn't ATX uncensored or so?
Most likely.

Only japs? Hitler seemed to have done pretty well for himself.

I wonder what's going to happen to her when that happen though. Jean and the rest of the Ends seem to stay alive through pure hatred, I would hate for her to turn to ashes the moment she let go of her hatred for humanity and falling for Toyohisa.

>Toyohisa and Jean have hate sex everyday
>Her hatred for him grows stronger as he continues to restrain and bang her
There is always a solution, user.

How many episodes?

>no moe
>no SoL
>unapologetic edge

Looking forward to moefags being triggered all season by the threads about it.

12 episodes.

best

Yeah, Rasputin is pretty hot.

Yes.

Honestly it's a breath of fresh air from the moe garbage. If they do get triggered, it'lol be pretty hilarious.

Hellsing triggered them to hell and back, so yes they will definitely be triggered, though probably not as much since Hellsing is way edgier.

Any point in watching the first episodes if I already watched the OVA?

Why, I'll never know.

no idea, maybe it's extended?

>Draw a girl
>call it a boy
why is this allowed?

>hate sex with Jean
Must be dangerous for Toyohisa, she get literally fired up the angrier she is afterall.
Better quality? The OVA was 480p afterall.

Drifters is half moeshit

>youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7C_N3fsn0
Anyone know the reason behind the artstyle's change between this and the current anime?

>fired up
Don't you know bathroom sex is the best, user.

That's going to be pretty steamy.

$$$

I will

>The Drifters are sent by Murasaki while the Ends are sent by Easy. They are at odds with each others, their motivation is still unknow and the manga chapter release is fukin slow with only few pages when there is a release.
I find the premise more like God and the Devil having a chess match to see who wins in a bet on answering some vague philosophical question on humanity.

Judging from the posts in this thread its certainly going to attract the worst kind of crossboarders here.

Just because it isn't a SoL. My god, grow up.

Pretty much... the only reason I'm here is to bitch about how instead of making another legendary ecchi show Hoods Entertainment is making this thing....

I own storyboards from the Hellsing anime, don't kid yourself that this thread is full of kusoposters

The non-japanese drifters do fine for themselves.

So what if you own storyboards?

Its blasphemous as all hell, but I just laugh it off. Shit's crazy yo.

>Hoods Entertainment
The staff is literally Hellsing ultimate's staff from Madhouse. They call themselves
"Hoods Drifters studio" within Hoods Entertainment.

Oh great, another show that will flood Cred Forums with Cred Forums

I said that to try to make it clear to you that it didn't matter that Drifters isn't a SoL series.

Also, being a fan of Kouta's works and telling someone to grow up is pretty funny given almost everything he ever made was for edgy teenage fun

explain further

Truly horrific

I've been thinking about since last volumes of Hellsing, is Hirano gay? He started off as a hentai doujinshi artist, but part way through Hellsing he went full cute boys with cute butts and handsome men, and Drifters is trap galore.

Since when did I say I was a fan of his works? I merely told you to grow up, just by assuming that Drifters will bring X group that you don't like, simply because they don't like the same shit that you do.

I feel like he just wants to fuck whatever. A lot of artists sort of get that way.

It isn't an assumption when it is happening right now in this very thread amigo

Hirano said his fetish was women with long hair, wearing suits and glassses (like Rip or Integra).

First it was JSDF defending the elves.
Now it's sengoku samurai defending the elves.

What's next?

Not Britbong, but yeah most people believe in Newtonian physics. A 110 lbs 19 years old froggirl would have no chance in beating 250 lbs burly angloman

I see Alucard everywhere

Do you know about martial arts?

>martial arts
>joan of arc

Stop trying, retard.

Three traps, nigger. Three fucking traps if you count Abe who I find looks like Bayonetta in a beret. They try to say Yoichi is best trap but the greatest is very obviously Yoshitsune.

I at the very least hope to see some thrusting.

take that back.

>The Kenichi Suzuki (Hellsing OVA, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)-directed series is set to premiere on Tokyo MX, Abema TV, Tochigi TV, and KBS Kyto on October 7.

So censored? Inb4 terraformars.

Probably. "Buy my BDs".

>SAN JELMI

Haven't seen Yoshitsune in a while, have we? I was kinda excited for more of the guy, when Yoichi remembered him as a monster.

It's airing at 1:00 AM in japan.

>one-eyed black mass with a hand and a bow

Hirano's style.

I know, but sometimes it looks ridiculous. The hellsing manga is basically reverse kubo.

>of this season
Are you retarded?

I appreciate someone having a distinct artstyle but goddamn you can't tell some characters apart from Hellsing ones if you only had faces to go by.

More like shitposters prime target

>inb4 anime original ending.

Hirano really hates rapist, doesn't he? I mean, it's something he depicts as more kill worthy that the concentration camps the dwarves were put in.

Nah. Hirano is lazier than even his butt buddy hiroe, so he'll make sure he can squeeze out further money from it later.

>inb4 this song won't be in the anime

>fighting dragons with Zeroes

A O T S
O
T
S

>slideshow animation
Eugh.

Watching it for the batshit insane non sensical plot yet charming progression

Is she mad?

why this looks like Hellsing?

don't be a retard, you know what he meant.
if you didn't go read some more.

>implying senseless violence is bad

It's a cold rage.

Its a Kawanishi N1K2 Shiden, user

dropped

Why do you think?

Same author/artist.

AotS.

It won't sell anywhere near ultimate hellsing numbers.

Sound direction seems pretty off.

The manga is way more popular than Hellsing. The pre-order for the anime is already around 1.5k in 3 days.

Drifters has a fujofanbase. If you check pixiv for example, it's full of gayshit.

>DRIFTERS Blu-ray BOX 2016年12月24日
>DRIFTERS 第1巻〈通常版〉 [Blu-ray] 2017年02月22日
They're selling this twice?

I will never get over the sushi making thread.

I only heard about this series because of those traps doujins

YES. One of them is Amazon only.

>the only reason I'm here is to bitch about how instead of making another pandering piece of recycled garbage Hoods Entertainment is making something remotely interesting
ftfy

Just saw the OVAs

Gonna be a fun ride

What are elves for?

To liberate and make musketeers out of them.

How otherwise would you beat Jesus?

It's going to be no more than an unfinished 12 ep ad for an ongoing manga, just like this studio did with Manyū Hiken-chō, The Qwaser of Stigmata and Nazo no Kanojo X.
It looks interesting, but I'm not even watching the 1st episode.

It seems like half the hentai artists out there start drawing gay shit after a couple years. I think it's all the dick drawing.

To lead in a righteous uprising against oppressive Hitlerists.

>just like this studio did with Manyū Hiken-chō, The Qwaser of Stigmata and Nazo no Kanojo X.
You mean Hoods Drifters Studio? They didn't work on any of these.
You mean:
>just like this staff did with Hellsing
They did the OAV series Hellsing Ultimate some years later. (it had some production issue after some episodes i think and the author himself fund it).

>Anons calling this AOTS

Yuri on Ice is already the undisputed AOTS faggots.

>Jesus is the bad guy

Are you talking about hellsing? The good guys are with the church and the most badass characters are Catholics. The bad guys are devilish/satanic nazi vampires.

fujoshit nobody gives a crap

raising a quick and effective army

nah brah in Drifters fucking Jesus Christ has become a dark wizard leading an army of monsters against humanity for shitting on his martyrdom

The 'animation production' are listed as Hoods Entertainment by ANN, and they did all these.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=8584

I guess what matters is the production committee formed especially for this show. We'll see how they are adapting this, but it's most likely just a promotion for the source material, as usual.

What is it about traps that make me gap uncontrollably?

>not liking the best WW2 Jap fighter plane
>only knows flying fuel tank of a plane called Zero

isn't the big bad above Jesus a fucking Gothic Lolita?

>Nobunaga is a good guy
Funny because I've seen a lot anime and Japanese video games where Nobu is portrayed as a warmongering bloodthirsty demon incarnate.

>Funny because I've seen a lot anime and Japanese video games where Nobu is portrayed as a warmongering bloodthirsty demon incarnate.

which is also funny because that's exactly what he is in Drifters, the only reason he's a protagonist is because Abe kind of aimed him at his enemies

on a scale of 1 to 10, how edgy is this?

8, not as edgy as Hellsing but still pretty edgy

the characters are actually quite logical and pragmatic in their actions and aren't fucking insane like in Hellsing

Zeroes are hot garbage, only fit to kill morons who have never been trained properly.

Hirano's take on him is kinda sticking to that. Oda is a pragmatic madman who always one-ups everyone. Actually, nearly all the Drifters from Japan are portrayed as being especially fightan crazy.

fuck you and your fucking dragon!

to be a retinue for your trap archer

they covered about 8 chapters in two episodes

I figure the series will make it through The Orte Empire Coup and then we wait and see in a few years if we get season 2 or more OVAs

I guess it really depends on if Hirano ever fucking finishes it or not

*fap

God what's wrong with me today?

Hirano's random omake segue-ways always make me chuckle

>classical music and hyperviolence

Objectively one of the best cliches. This anime gets me on a spiritual level

Hirano is the last man in the industry with any balls, also he knows how to have fun

>isekai without video game mechanics
This is gonna confuse the faggots that hate and love Isekai.

>Yaoi on Ice
>Being anything but a sausage shitfest

>isekai with interesting charactars
You are right.

Isn't androgyny literally one of Hirano's fetishes?

I forget, why did Hitler die again? He shouldn't have been cornered by troops to pull the trigger like last time.

because the dumbass waged another two front war again and saw history repeating itself so he decided to save himself the time and misery

I doubt it's any patriotism on Hirano's part, considering Hellsing had an almost entirely European cast and the only Nip got rekt by a British dude.

I'm 110% in on this just because of Ishii. The anime bits are basically just a bonus.

the fuck are you on about

the Drifters have Romans, Carthaginians, Americans and Europeans

and they are a fuck ton more useful and effective than the nips are

Scipio, Oda and Hannibal are the Drifters best suited for winning wars, not only battles.

Patton would be a fun addition.

We could go on forever really.

Bellasarius
Vincingetorix
Brennus
Sabutai
Mackensen

That really doesn't have as much to do with Hirano's viewpoints and more staying true to the characters. Toyohisa's most defining trait is his extremist traditional MAKE JAPAN GREAT AGAIN values, since pretty much every decision he makes revolves around his code of honor. For example his lust for blood and war would see him blend in well with a group of Khorne berserkers and doesn't give a flying fuck if the corpses of his enemies rot in a massive pile, but always ensures their severed heads are properly buried and never intentionally harms women or children because he believes the battlefield is man's territory. You'll notice in the scene where he executed the rapists Nobunaga was actually kind of pissed at him because he wanted to keep some prisoners for any practical purposes he could find, and internally criticized Toyohisa for being so taken aback by a situation he considered blatantly obvious from the beginning based just on how feminine the males were.
If there's one thing I can appreciate about Hirano's writing it's the fact that even though 90% of all his characters are some kind of batshit psycho, they all still have unique personalities and perspectives behind their actions. He's pretty good with staying true to his characters.

I can't wait to see this fucking lunatic in animation, I knew all the way from the start he was going to be the best character. Sounds like Suzuki Tatsuhisa is nailing the role pretty damn well too.

Why is Hirano so good ad femboys? God damn I want to plow his boypussy to kingdom cum.

You do realize that's motherfucking Yoshitsune, right? The only one getting fucked in this situation is you.

Don't underestimate my boner.

Reread some of the early chapters. It's fun to see Yoichi and Oda tease Toyohisa about how his entire clan has only registered as a bunch of provincial hicks for as long as either of them can remember.

Don't expect to be on top of this.

Looks hype as fuck. OP doesn't sound like it fits though.

I want him to fuck me

Its funny because Jesus is on the side of the devil I guess

What should I be expecting from this series?

I'm still wondering whether he's going to play that straight or give it atleast some twist

And Hitler was on the good side kek

Jesus is gonna slap your shit.

>no moe
>no SoL
But that's wrong

In the first chapter I'd have associated Murasaki with devil

Yoichi is moe enough

The empire was literally build by Hitler before he killed himself

Not all Drifters were good. Hitler was not certainly on the good side, as the 1st arc of the manga is the heroes overthrowing Hitler's empire

But how come his empire now is thriving (before the Elf intifada of course)

Seems like a cop out just to not have him as living character

Kinda hoping they give Gilles de Rais an ever so slightly expanded role in the adaptation. In the manga he basically just said hi and then died, but since the anime will most likely not cover very far into the series, I hope they do more with the stretch they've got to work with.

Satan is a great loli

>Patton would be a fun addition.
Not possible, only people who disappeared without leaving any recorded body can be Drifters.
That was great. Historical bullying is fun.

It was already dying even without Drifters' help, they only sped up the process.

for the nips that is normal

YES. This time around I don't even care it will be the normalfag anime of the moment.

I dunno, but Jesus bringing enlightenment, culture and society to the orcs and murdering people by healing them until they have cancer is pretty cool.

Him heal-cancering a dragon queen and then harvesting her for meat is pretty edgelord though.

Yoichi is a fucboi.

And god bless him for it.

The sides seem less "good" v "bad" and more, "did you die with enough regrets, pain and misery that you'd want to kill every other human being on the planet if you had the option?" v "man you're a total badass! Want another chance at life in a war where you can do cool shit?"

The Drifters being separated at the start is one of the reason Jesus' forces hold such a strong advantage. That and them having way more magic.

I thought it was that he got depressed after reaching his goals, so he just took his life again.

>Watch the OVA
Okay so... is the implication that the Drifters and Ends conflict is happening on multiple parallel worlds? We saw a LOT of doors, but we didn't see that Vietnam vet pop into the fantasy world yet.

>Yoichi is a fucboi.
Nope. He is the waifu trap.
Yoshitsu is the fuccboi.

Man this looks really expensive.

I'm a moefag and I fucking love Hellsing and can't wait for Drifters. It's the haremshit and self-insert fags I want to see get triggered by the unrelenting metal that will surely be this show.

It seems like the money went into trying to match the original design instead of animation.

I just want my Abe no Seimei

Well he's there.

Pretty sure all moefags love stuff like Drifters being the most mature anime fans. It's the shounentards and LNtards that will endlessly complain about not so relatable op MC, battle strategy and lack of waifu stuff.

Animation is not so bad. Character movement is decent.

>The sides seem less "good" v "bad" and more, "did you die with enough regrets, pain and misery that you'd want to kill every other human being on the planet if you had the option?" v "man you're a total badass! Want another chance at life in a war where you can do cool shit?"
And now explain how Hitler became a drifter.

Drifters were fought against Hitler empire.

lawdy

>Emo vs edgelord

It's not sure that he was. The exposition makes it clear that they're not even sure whether he was a Drifter or an End.

But Hannibal was shown to shit on Nobunaga when he's lucid.

Lack of waifu's is the only legit complaint, especially since Hellsing had some pretty awesome girls.