What is Cred Forums opnion on Ginga Tetsudou 999?

What is Cred Forums opnion on Ginga Tetsudou 999?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WCr0LhDL0GM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a nice episodic series, I'd only seen the movies but I'm giving the show a shot. Some the planets seem silly but honestly that's part of the appeal.

I've only seen the movies, which are great, but I can't be arsed to watch the whole series.
I liked the movies enough for probably someday going and watching an episode here and there, the most interesting ones.

This show is a 999/10 show. It's super unique for its time, and memorable

I heard series is better than movies.

It's great.

I'm nearly done with it, has taken me a year since I originally tried to marathon it but it is too boring at times to do such a thing not to mention it is a road trip anime and I wanted to make the journey seem incredibly lengthy.

Aside from Maetel, Ryuzu and Fraiya are honestly best girls.

Amazing. Leiji Matsumoto at his best, one of the greatest anime ever made. It's not often I find myself rewatching a 113-episode show but I can't get enough of it.

I wonder how many times Tetsuro lost his pass?

Also where should I head progress next with Leiji? I've seen Arcadia of My Youth, Queen Emeraldass and that's about it. I think Maetel Legends should be next considering it expands on her background supposedly which I'll watch after 999.

Anyway did anyone pick up the Queen Emeraldas manga they just released recently? I've been curious about it. Hoping it leads to 999 getting a hardcover 3-1 release and other Leiji titles like The Cockpit published since I'd love to own that in a really nice hardcover.

Does it have a conclusion after investing in that hundred episodes ride ?

It's better than other over 100 episodes series with the word Ginga in the name.

Only seen the first movie. Pretty rough in spots but there are some scenes I loved.

youtu.be/WCr0LhDL0GM

Better than fucking harlock, that's for sure.

There are many similarities among the episodes.
There are 113 episodes I think.

Who want to have a journey in the Galaxy express 999 with me ?

I'm on the last 17 which I may just marathon now, currently up to the one with the cyborg cat. My one problem I found with it when trying to marathon it was that it gets too repetitive and formulaic but otherwise in a good way.

Repetitive.

There's way too many episodes where the basic plot is "Tetsuro get his pass stolen, then he tries to get it back and becomes friend with the person who stole then Tetsuro leaves to the next planet".

How many episodes should be watched to judge the show/decide to continue or not ?

>hating on Captain Harlock
why

First thirty or so, at least watch up to the fire fly one since that is 10/10

This is the kind of manga which you have not to "marathon".
You and many others are in the wrong way.
I watch only 2 episodes per day and I am not bored.

A must see but not a must finish