Meta Thread

Pic related shows what's wrong with Cred Forums. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

ofp.gamepark.cz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cred Forums should have flags 2bh

>using the native catalog
Indeed it does. Lurk for 2 years before posting.

This too

where's the line between this and waifu threads? I'm not defending either.

Every media board should have related OC.

Anime is made of drawings, drawthreads should stay.

3x3 is the only general that should cease.

>using bloatchanX

>moderate generals more closely
>bring back the /wsr/ sticky and add lurk more to it
>stop spoonfeeding
>ban and or public ban people that post recommendation/request threads while the /wsr/ sticky is up
>filter tumblr images
>filter image.jpg/png
>filter shitposting buzzwords like cuck, kys, tbqh, lol, DAE, xD etc

What else am I forgetting?

>Meta Thread
AKA Shitposting general

catalog.neet is shit

>he thinks I'm talking about the extension
2 years.

Cred Forums is fine as it is.

would only allow more off-topic posts/ derails.

What the fuck is wrong with the Love live thread? A new episode just came out-

Hiro wills it

Not him, but
>not using neet catalog
I like hovering over a thread to see the latest replies so I know if it is just shitposting or not.

>leaving the meta thread out

>filter shitposting buzzwords like cuck, kys, tbqh, lol, DAE, xD etc

we all know how well wordfilters on Cred Forums work now don't we sm h tb h fa m

Just hide them, you fag.

Hiroshima barely understands English

Many of those threads are legit threads trying to start discussion.

Abusing and evading wordfilters should be a public ban.

Just makes you look like a retard when you try to bypass them. Also a good way to spot the dedicated shitposters.

It's marked in the OP image. Open your eyes.

He literally went to an American university
It's an act

I don't get what this image is trying to imply. You box in some ITT and waifu/moe threads, but don't box in the rest.

Regardless, keep all that shit on /c/ and Cred Forums.

>Oh shit I have cancer, I should just ignore it maybe it'll go away on its own.

Link 5.

cuck is the worse meme to ever come from this fucking site

So, I'm assuming that all the stuff in red is what's wrong with Cred Forums and all the stuff not in red is also what's wrong with Cred Forums

If you are needing to hide half the board then there is obviously some kind of problem going on. Ignoring it is not going to solve the problem.

>what's wrong with Cred Forums
And you didn't highlight the Tokyo Ghoul thread? Faggot.

>gets banned
>resets router

10 secs later, wow i feel so punished

There's infinite invisible characters, I just can't be assed to use them

I'm not defending them, but people feel compelled to do things because it annoys you so much, trying to squish bad behaviour by enforcing harder rules just leads to people finding ways around them

>Secret Santa
>Morning Rescue
>NHK thread
>Initial D thread I know this thread is basically posting eurobeat lyrics in all caps, but still

I think newfags who think everything is a meme should be shot.

You're the problem, not the board.

>>gets banned
>>resets router
>ban evading
>ever
Fuck off, retard.

HIRO READ THESE

< THIS COULD SAVE Cred Forums. DO IT FAGGOT.

Thanks.

>I just can't be assed to use them
Well it did its job as it is the same for most people who try to get round them. It just paints a big target on them that they are a dedicated shitposter. Not everyone will ignore them, and bans aren't fully effective but it still helps curb things.

I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this, but with moderation standards as it is, Cred Forums needs a sticky. At the very least, include what's allowed (so the mods can stay their hand) and what's not allowed (so as to discourage people from breaking the rules, even if only a bit) like "rec threads not allowed, lurk more" etc. LNs with an anime/manga adaptation should be allowed (I included this because mods have deleted threads for such LNs a lot); not sure for LNs without. Personally I think it should be allowed but others might disagree.

We can remove the sticky once the moderation improves, but it won't be anytime in the near future.

He's not even going to view this thread. These are essentially containment threads so people believe he'll do something until another month or three where the cycle repeats itself.

He is more incompetent than moot.

"Things I don't like" is not anyone's problem but your own.

If you can't accept a board being a mixed bag to your tastes you should leave.

This thread is what is wrong with Cred Forums.
Not because it is meta but because all you people do is complain about anime threads you don't like.

Admitting to evading bans is a bannable offense.

Things are fine in the sense that they are never going to get better. There's too many newfriends now and the culture shifts every year or so

It's not about the shows themselves being disliked you fucking faggots, its about the quality of posting that keep deteriorating especially because of the fucking shitty generals.

Ignoring the problem has never been the solution no matter how much moot use to push the idea. The meta threads here and in the past have shown quite a few people don't want generals and other shitty threads.

yeah these people need to go to other board and see what real problems are.

>Complains about generas
>Tries to force one

>What's wrong with Cred Forums are the things I don't like!

Seriously kill yourself.

>other boards have it worse so Cred Forums is fine
That is not how it works user.

Reposting
Allowing generals without strict regulations will only kill this board.
1. A lot of people argue that generals are a form of containment, as it contains shitposting into one thread and instead of having a gorillion threads about the same show you simply keep it in one thread, while this is partially true it's also fucking retarded. The shitposting almost always spreads out into other threads, not necessarily the same meme spamming, but the very quality of the posts, people tend to forget where they're posting and they start to use terms that others fucking despise. Shit like "Tbh, Smh ..." was being spammed almost everywhere because generalfaggots consider it something normal to post inside their generals.
2. The circle-jerk that goes on, people start tripfagging and try to create a persona in these threads to get attention, not only does this not pertain at all to the topic of discussion of not only the thread, but the fucking board, it also further lowers the quality of the thread and the board.
3. Due to the intense shitposting in these threads, the worst kind of people get attracted to them all the way from reddit and tumblr. These posters tend to not lurk at all and learn the board culture, and further drag down the quality of the board as they get interested in other threads and invite more people etc. This is all because of the anti-elitists shitposting and spamming the "le sekrit club xd" shit whenever someone tries to point out what a newfaggot did wrong.
4. As time goes by generals increase, more people feel inclined to make their owned generals pertaining their subject of choice. And example of this can be seen on Cred Forums, which has over 40 generals active on the front page at this very moment. Don't believe me? Check it out yourself

Tokyo ghoul is filled with cancerous tumblr dickriding and fucking trash low class grammar, underage fucks

You tg fucking shit

Fuck off you ain't allowed to make any more threads, shit meta

Ignoring was a solution that worked in the past because the userbase was completely different.

nice arguments

I didn't admit to anything

That may be so, but don't forget they had to remove the cuck wordfilter because it was fucking with the servers

We're trying to create utopia here, the problem is everyone's vision is different. The general problem is unsolvable without a board split, there are simply too many grey areas to define what is a general and what isn't.

People will continue on making new generals when old generals hang around even when all discussion is fucking dead, this will end up clogging the board and killing the desire to even spark up any discussion outside of generals.
Unless a set of regulations is made out specifically for generals to control them, they will keep on being cancerous and being a burden to this board.

>nice arguments
If you don't respect the board and it's culture then you belong on /r/anime. It's as simple as that.

>over 40
That few? I thought half the Cred Forums threads were generals. Even /jp/ has over 30 generals.

Cred Forums doesnt really have much problems, you just use this as a platform to bitch about shows you dont like.

Pic related shows what's wrong with Cred Forums. Discuss.

Tokyo ghoul is fucking shit you retard

>I didn't admit to anything
Sure.

I didn't count them you dolt, I just took a quick look at the catalog and estimated that number.
The point still stands regardless of what the number is.

>"fuck off" reply
>board culture

I even defend board culture to a certain extent, but "i don't like your post, so I'll tell you to fuck off" is about as far from board culture as it gets.

If you like "downvoting" so much, there's another place you might be happier.

>don't forget they had to remove the cuck wordfilter because it was fucking with the servers
I remember that, but at the same time that was a secondary thing. It was Cred Forums going for the free speech angle on /qa/ because it fucked up the cuckservative word or url or someshit like that.

The latest iOS update means image.jpg filtering is deprecated :^)

>he didn't mark lost angles vampires, so he must love it!!
Yeah man, I also love Danganronpa, RE:ZERO, One Punch Man and any other none marked series there :)
You can stop samefagging now.

I agree with all of this except the Pokemon vs DBZ thread argument.

Pokemon anime threads are just filled with waifuposting and SOLfags, along with the occasional nostalgiafags that refuse to believe Ash will always be cucked by a fodder "rival" character until the end of time.

I don't see the point of 24/7 generals for certain shows that have ended or are not airing. Seriously, why are there non-stop Muv-Luv/Overlord/MonMusu/GuP/Maji Koi threads? I appreciate the fact that the fanbase is willing to organize themselves into one thread, but must they keep it running non-stop?

>the overlord thread got deleted
mods = gods

Nice buzz word fag

Fuck off faggot

The only problem with Tokyo Ghoul threads is people like you posting in them. If you don't like it don't open the thread.

people enjoy and they are not bothering you, so why do you care?

Complain to hiro

>doesn't even know what buzzword means
Cancer

2meta4me

>you just use this as a platform to bitch about shows you dont like
Wrong. I don't care about the shows, I care about the thread quality. I actually even like some of shows people are advocating for thread removal and I agree because of how shitty the threads have become.

The trouble is generals are too diverse.

You have OC generals, anime generals, learning generals. Some generals have stagnated for 3 months, some have been around for a few weeks.

If you overwork mods by forcing them to get savvy with every fanbase and show on Cred Forums you're diverting them from what they should be looking for like off-topic, spam, and shock material. Otherwise it'll end up like Cred Forums and Cred Forums with a fat black cock posted every 5 minutes.

>everything except tokyo fags
Kill yourself

Friendly reminder that you are part of the problem

fuck you op

>I actually even like some of shows people are advocating for thread removal and I agree because of how shitty the threads have become.
you're not fooling anyone.

Look at these tgshits, reading a shit tier manga

Fuck off your threads are shit

Creating /ag/ is the only amicable solution to the generals problem.

You marked SnK and some other series because you didn't like them.

>:)
>You can stop samefagging now.
A newfag tryhard who can't spot a samefag.

Fuck off /jp/, this doesn't concern you.

Half the time their threads turn into chatrooms about irrelevant topics and occupy space on the board. The worst thing is when they have to bump the thread to keep it alive or are insistent on making a new thread when there isn't much to discuss at the moment. I just don't the reason for eternal general threads, and if more fanbases continue to pick up this habit then it's only a matter of time before Cred Forums turns into /ag/.

that didn't work for /vg/ and it wont work here

>If you overwork mods by forcing them to get savvy with every fanbase and show on Cred Forums you're diverting them from what they should be looking for
Why not go for a really big janitor drive then? Seems to me there is never enough for them with how long it takes for some obvious shitposts to be deleted. They can then deal with most of the ordinary stuff and that gives time for the mods to actually micro other things better.

>everyone who calls me out likes Tokoy Ghoul
Kill yourself

>SnK and some other series because you didn't like them.
Nah, I marked them because they have several generals everyday for a monthly series and behave in those generals like they would be in an actual chatroom. Also nice inspect elements skills.

>only highlighting generals that you don't like
>getting mad at the thread that keeps the gays in check
>hates sips
>three fucking helck threads, better attack the three fucking love live threads
>attacking the best english teacher japan has ever had

>that didn't work for /vg/ and it wont work here

As someone who uses Cred Forums and /vg/ I disagree. Explain your reasoning

Don't forget ban all of Brazil, Mexico and Australia

this mad tgshit

The whole purpose of /vg/ was to clean Cred Forums up of reoccurring threads from filling the front page up. This was BEFORE the catalog existed, so /vg/ was a contemporary solution. After the catalog was made, /vg/ became redundant, and only existed to foster the idea of "generals."

Reoccurring video game threads were fine, because games come out and you play them for weeks, maybe months if it has multiplayer. After creating /vg/, generals began to exist for extended periods of time, years even. They became the apex of community of circlejerks; after you post with a group of people for a year, you naturally identify people and form cliques. This also negatively affected Cred Forums, too. If Cred Forums happened to like a game enough to make frequent threads about it, it would be labeled a general, then kicked off Cred Forums. Then people go "Cred Forums hates video games, see, there's no threads for games Cred Forums likes!"

In Cred Forums's case, you don't need fucking generals for an episode of anime or a chapter of manga. Just because the catalog exists, and there's no /ag/ doesn't mean you can circlejerk all day. Just have threads when content come out, is that so fucking hard?

>being this paranoid

Pic-related shows what's wrong with Cred Forums.

It didn't fix it all because of the recurring threads that aren't exactly generals, which remained
and slow moderation
So what do with recurring threads?
Hate'em or love'em?

tgshit tries to communicate with me huh?

/deutsch/
/fr/
/mämmi/
/norgetråden/
/lat/
Sverigetråden
/balk/
Japanese Thread / 日本語スレッド
/polska/
Culture Pals - /cp/
/asean/
/ita/
/slav/
/hell/
/tr/
/cum/ Canada-US-Mexico
/rus/
/balt/ + /ausnz/
/desi/
/brit/
/esp/
/ned/
/éire/
/v4/
/mena/
/luso/
/ex-yu/
/carib/
/flag/tism
/maghreb/
/norgetråden/
/urban/
>32 generals

I hope you mean "too numerous". They are not by any definition diverse, since they all follow the same pattern of "degenerating into circlejerks and stagnating discussion-wise".

Generals to delete on sight:
- threads that only exist because the other one hit the bump limit
- not Cred Forums related

Generals that need advanced moderation:
- threads that are legitimately created to discuss something new but attract all sorts of crossboarding retards

Generals that need moving:
- DJT
- drawfagging
- buyfag
- 3DPD worshiping

autism

>3DPD worshiping general
Those exist?

tg is shit, get over it

Most of the seiyuu threads are like that.

Nice try makou
F11

and?

If anything, Cred Forums just proves that if you drop a bunch of nationalities together in one place, they'll naturally gravitate to their own kind

Despite the generals, international discussion does happen, primarily through memes and banter though.

>Even /jp/ has over 30 generals.

No it doesn't

You have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even have to look at half the list.

Have you examined the argument for and against the Generals that need moving? What's the 3dp worshipping thread? Seiyuu?

>ofp.gamepark.cz/
Tokyo Ghoul may be trash, but you're underage.

I'd prefer if we do nothing and keep Cred Forums like it is.

Generals are inevitable and the nonsensical shitposts are part of the fun. Why instead of complaining don't you just start making more threads to counteract the shit threads? I used to complain a lot about the quality of Cred Forums posts too because I mainly lurked and didn't like to read trash when I should've been making threads that I think are good.

I don't get the obsession with seiyuu, but it's anime-related so I don't really care.

TG maybe shit but at least i never gave up

im just trying to professional

>I don't like thread, hence said thread is shitposting

This needs to stop, the definition of "shitpost" changes with every post

Splitting /jp/ was the best thing happened to Cred Forums. The idea of splitting it again if necessary is not bad.

My only beef with Cred Forums right now is how mods fucking allow that blatant advertising thread that's disguised as dance threads that we used to have all the time where they shill their music streaming thing.

Kill yourself asap

Oh yeah?

AKB General
Alternative Idols
Babymetal & Sakura Gakuin General
H!P Thread
Perfume General
Stardust Idols General
Gravure Thread
JAV Thread
エロゲスレ/Untranslated VN General
Visual Novel translation status
Elona
General Nutaku and DMM Thread
Gust Thread
/jp/dots
Kantai Collection -KanColle-
Rhythm Games General
Touhou Gameplay Thread
Valkyrie Crusade
BJD/Doll thread
Daki Thread
Eternal Onahole Thread
Fumo
/kcs/ Kigurumi Compton Streets
Denpa Thread
Japanese Music
Japanese Drama General | JDrama/JDorama/J-Dorama General
Kawakami Thread
Monster Girl Thread
Vocaloid Thread
Yukkuri thread
会津若松駅

That's 31 generals.

Buyfag has more than just toys.

People talk about physical media there, where is that going to go?

>It's a TGfag attempting to justify his general's worth on Cred Forums

>it's an underage trying to make this thread about tokyo ghoul
If you want to shitpost go to the tg thread, there's one up right now, but stop being autistic here

i just love this game. As a kid I always played this game and never stopped playing it pls dont bully

to /ag/ when it's made

Mods are most likely newfags themselves. Seriously, board needs some dedicated moderation.

ITT: Things I don't like should be deleted
Generals are shitposting central, Tokyo Ghoul, SnK and other popular works can't be discussed at all because of them, but sometimes people just want to talk about their favourite anime or manga.
Slightly off-topic threads are usually the most fun and they've been here for at least 8 years.
Stuff like drawfag and the recently board-contained quests are always cool to browse and create original content.
I do agree spoonfeeding should die, but newfags doing it is a reaction to other anons being obtuse and not delivering source after an extensive search has been done. OPT are usually filled with these idiots because some clever guy has cropped the image posted and the filename is edited.

>He doesn't like what I like
>He must be autistic

Stay mad faggot

>DJT
Initially this was a good thread but now it's no different than any anime circlejerk general except with VNs and anki reps. I like the idea of moving it to Cred Forums. It's not like we can't direct whoever wants to learn Japanese to it later.

>drawfagging
/ic/ is more lenient with anime style now, is slower and allows posting lewds. Makes perfect sense to move it there.

>3DPD worshiping
Seiyuu. 3DPD waifufagging belongs anywhere but here.

>buyfag
I admit I have no idea where this should go to.

Should the TADAIMA threads also be deleted?

I don't care about /jp/s general count but
>Visual Novel translation status
Not exactly a general thread. It dies naturally and won't be remade until next week (unless some /vn/ fag makes a second thread which usually gets shat on or deleted).

If we a general too every board is going to want one and the count will balloon and make Cred Forums less streamlined.

>general
>tokyo ghoul
Are you even alive

No one is arguing about tokyo ghoul being good, yet you sperg out, underage. Who's the autistic one?

Tell him to read the thread, maybe he'll spontaneously combust.

Cred Forums already has their own Japanese learning thread you know?

DJT should theoretically belong on /jp/ but if you move it, you'll not only trigger them, but also the people already on /jp/

I think they're funny, but it's certainly one of those things that fall in a grey area.

No
those are fun threads

Yes. They used to be fun, but now they happen every fucking day that it's just reposts and it's truly facebook tier humor at this point.

>No one is arguing about tokyo ghoul being good, yet you sperg out, underage
You know im not samefagging anymore

not if they are every now and then- If they become a daily thing, yes.

/jp/ treats it as one, apparently. Copy-pasted this from their poll.

I know, that's why I like the idea. They're not as different as you think and could benefit from being combined. We already have a scanlation thread so anyone asking for translations or how to learn Japanese could be redirected to the thread in Cred Forums.

We've been through this before. If you're going to move DJT to /jp/ you might as well kill it.

Desu. Daily threads are cancer.

Cred Forums is the only board fast enough to warrant a split that has a general problem

Yes. They're disgusting and belong in Cred Forums.

>box half the threads on the catalog at random
>cry "Cred Forums is dying"
>instant 150 replies

sage desu

>I like the idea of moving it to Cred Forums
It's weird how the rest of your post didn't give the impression that you truly abhor the thread.

>Japanese learning thread

not exactly, it's mainly japs shitposting. Anyone with serious questions gets redirected to DJT as the japs are usually too busy infighting about politics.

Now DJT on the other hand is a whole nother jar of autism

Kill yourself you fucking disgusting subhuman.

There are more valid arguments for another Cred Forums split.

>people discuss anime and manga on Cred Forums
well I don't know, what's wrong? Most of the shitpost on the generals get deleted if you report it

mods, pls kill this thread

I bet you have never, ever, made a thread on this board.

FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS
FUCK META THREADS

I bet the retard who made this image also thinks that posting Cred Forumsshit on Cred Forums is fine as long as you say "what if this got an anime". The mod was in the right. Regardless of whether the pokemon thread was on or off topic, it not getting deleted doesn't mean that other off topic shit should be allowed.

The generals seriously need to be nuked.

the threads you marked in red are the only ones that should be here, fuck generals thread, i just want to have casual conversation about animes

Because I don't. The thread has its share of usefulness because of the contributors lurking in there. It doesn't mean it belongs in Cred Forums though.

faggot

I guess it depends on the definition of a general. Though I think recurring/weekly thread fits better as a term for it.

Cred Forums isn't really that much faster than some of the other boards.

the generals are marked, retard

Those "HE'S FAST" and other trope threads are shit and ironically the same thing every time they pop up.

This. Meta generals are the actual cancer here.

Yes, but moving it to Cred Forums? Do you know how awful that board is? It's Cred Forums but with flags.

complain to the admin

/jp/ is a much slower board than Cred Forums and even if the threads are weekly they probably end up not being that far apart.

Also, some of the threads in OP's image are just recurring threads rather than generals that get instantly posted again the second a thread dies too.

>unironically using "Tbh" and any other form of nigger speak

Hang yourself

You should post that in the DR general then

BANNING ALL GENERALS is not an option. You all seem unable to define what a general actually is.

Your definitions of generals and constant threads intertwine, thus by purging generals, you'd be forced to purge constant threads to keep the balance or face an uprising of shitposting the likes of Cred Forums sees.

Therefore the only solution is a board split. All generals would politely move to a favorable habitat with a higher bump limit where they won't be harassed, Cred Forums can have no generals and a generally slower pace with increased focus on moderation.

Everybody's happy. There are literally no consequences to this.

Bring back sage

mentioned the wrong post, senpai

>threads are weekly they probably end up not being that far apart
That was how it use to be, sadly not so true anymore for VNTS. Usually dead by Wednesday or Thursday so get a gap of 2 or 3 days.

>some of the threads in OP's image are just recurring threads rather than generals that get instantly posted again the second a thread dies too
And while true, there is a slight difference between posting a new thread as soon as the old one dies or even the next day and waiting till the next week to post the thread again. Is the main difference between keeping discussion more fresh and letting a thread go stale and having people post an image or some meme every hour to keep it bumped

OP you need to fuck off
Im all for banning shitposters and generals but what you are doing is literally no fun allowed

how do you guys feel about blue ribbons?

But then how the fuck will I post the stuff I translate?

Bring moot back to sell this site to google.

>There are literally no consequences to this.
>dooming all series with a mildly big fanbase to get inevitably exiled to a /vg/ - Circlejerks & Chatrooms 2.0 with a ticket to everlasting stagnation and cancer

>sell this site to google
>implying it isn't already

Threads can still be made on Cred Forums though?

If they limit back linking to 3 links per post we won't have to deal with 20 replies all leading the same post.

3x3 will also die because they like to do that a lot, so that's one general gone.

I can see it now, every time sometime makes a thread about a series
>go back to /ag/ faggot
>thread derails because people are shitposting over if it is allowed or not
>OP gives up and is forced to go to the shit stagnant thread on /ag/

>danganronpa not boxed
>re:zero not boxed
>actual discussion threads boxed

Fair point, it's those toxic posters who need to be targeted, as long as the OP has a clear right to make his thread.

As soon as they hit the bump limit and there's still things to be discussed they'll be declared a general the moment a second thread is made.

>He really think it's subhuman fault
ESL are bad but they're definitely not part of the main problem or the secondary one. Since they have shit grammar they are Easley recognized and shit on.
tripfags are more annoying than them and they can easily be deal with, but my point is we have bigger problems to focus in and banning a region won't solve it

>toxic
People who believe that generals are anything more than a barely tolerable evil deserve everything bad that happens to them.

It'd be up to the moderation team to draw up the rules in a way everybody was happy.

The board is arbitrarily split at the moment, why not just make it official?

You never made mistakes with your own language? genius.

They just need to ban the general threads and the majority of shounenshit discussion in general. Everybody who actually watches and enjoys DB Super is from Cred Forums anyway, they can talk about it there.

Because it isn't fast enough to warrant it. Why split the userbase and cause such a mess when curbing generals also solves the problem. Mods did it in the past so why can't it be done again?