One of the most selled books are isekai and highschool

One of the most selled books are isekai and highschool.

Why do Cred Forums hate the two genre so much?

why do you hate english so much

Because most examples are about as well written as your post. Are you a LN author?

>Sorcerer

They didn't think murrican kids knew what a philosopher was.

Harry Potter and Alice are also pleb shit for normies and casuals with no taste.

How do you how? Can you even read Japanese, kuso gaijin?

Harry Potter isn't Isekai, they're occupying the same world as muggles.

His Dark Materials is Isekai and better.

Anyway, the problem isn't Isekai itself. It's Isekai where modern day self-insert protagonists get special treatment in a fantasy world and can save the world for dubious reasons.

Basically, blame Narnia.

>how do you how
>butthurt over it
I'm starting to think you might actually be a mis

Huh, that posted in the middle of typing.

Anyway as I was saying, I'm starting to think you really are a misguided nipponese web novel author.

>Blaming Narnia
Blame the Aesop brothers.

Why?

They are the earliest ones I currently can remember using the isekai trope in their stories.

HP isn't isekai.

You could call it magical high school but that's not the same thing.

Too many of them and most of them are utter shit and always the fucking same utter shit. I have nothing against that setting in general and there are enough examples for good stories that used that device wisely, but I really don't want to see just another otaku fag getting teleported into some generic RPG-typical fantasy world again.
Also, I hate that "chosen one" aspect many of these stories have.

I guess, but I don't see the whole 'modern heroes in fantasy world getting special treatment' thing.
Narnia has it in spades and clubs. I suppose Through the Looking-Glass kind of had it too, but in Narnia it's really aggregious.

What are some good isekai series?

My favorite currently running anime is a high school sequel to an isekai show.

I love Digimon Adventure Tri.

Now and there, here and there

Escaflowne

I'd rather blame A Prince of Mars.

I said good.

Maybe SAO is more like what you are searching for

I don't hate isekai.

I hate isekai where magic and various aspects of the non-video game fantasy world conveniently work like a rpg game, complete with menues, screens, and status bars.

What is your idea of good?

My problem with isekai is that most of them are just excuses for harems

>Narnia
go deeper.

Uh, I think OP was implying that Alice in Wonderland is Isekai and that Harry Potter is highschool.

People in this thread are stupid enough that they didn't understand this.

>OP made a thread trashing isekai
>anons think its isekai dissection thread

Not gonna lie, I've never even heard of that one.
Interesting that it influenced so many noteable writers though.

Yeah, that too. But I don't think Dorothy becomes de facto ruler of the fantasy world after defeating the Wicked Witch, unlike what happens in Narnia. My memory is terrible though, so I could be wrong.

>normies
Fuck off

>mfw just realized Harry Potter is absolutely a magic battle school isekai

One of these is better than the other.

Not in the movie, but I think she becomes pretty powerful in the book series

I'm getting confused with all the different versions, but I remember Scarecrow becoming ruler of Oz at some point. Everything else is kind of vague.

My problem with isekai is that they exist solely because otaku need to self-insert themselves as the hero who can do no wrong and who wins every battle, and the only way they can justify this is by making an RPG world straight out of Dragon Quest so the protagonist can have cheats.

I mean, seriously. Instead of generic fantasyland, why can't we have an isekai set in a steampunk world? Or a vaporwave universe? Or in the far future?

>That play that Rowling made canon is worse than most Light Novels I read

Massive Timeskips
Time Travel is the main plot point
VOLDEMORET'S ****SECRET**** KEK DAUGHTER
Father and Son bonding as they watch Grandpa die like a bitch
Ron ended up as a failure who had to join his brother's joke shop
Fucking using Draco and Harry's kids as surrogate HOMOLUST only to bitch out at the very end

Thank god I didn't pick that shit up. All kinds of red flags during the hype for that garbage.

both harry potter and alice in wonderland are better written than your chinese cartoons. that's how shitty anime is.

This too. Re:Zero is below Harry Potter in terms of writing.

This is why when a series is supposed to end, it should actually fucking end. Whenever it doesn't, it's clear that the original author just wants out and the powers that be won't let them.

Toriyama wanted to finish Dragon Ball? Let's have him write two movies and Super.

Kishimoto wanted to end Naruto? Let's make him write Boruto and then watch over an official spinoff.

Saint Seiya's author finishes their book, as do Kinnikuman's and Saitake Otokokuju's? Let's have them write a fuckload of spinoffs and shit.

Hideo Kojima wanted to end Metal Gear Solid at 2? HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's come to the point where executives won't take a risk on any work unless it has an established name brand attached to it. Reboots and remakes will only work for so long before we get tired of it. Hell, they're starting to make movie adaptations out of public domain stories because they've run out of new material.

I enjoy watching anime.

Harry Potter is better than maybe the majority of LNs, but not all. Twelve Kingoms, Kino's Journey and a few others are honestly better.

How many untranslated LNs have you read?

>That one Harry Potter fan at your class who was acting exactly like one of those cringy isekai MCs long before it was a thing
Please tell me I'm not the only one who had to put up with this shit

A few. Mostly Nasu's stuff, though.

Didn't half of Cred Forums buy Alice?

enough to know that they're trash

I'm gonna guess that number's zero then

>NOBODY CAN MAKE A DECENT JUNGLE BOOK ADAPTATION STILL

IT'S
NOT
FUCKING
HARD

AND THEY STILL FUCK IT UP
THE BEST ONE IS STILL THE ONE MADE BY THAT ONE AMERICAN CARTOONIST WHO DID A SUPER FAITHFUL ADAPTATION AND WHO ALSO DID THE RIKKI TIKKI TAVI CARTOON

I like FFX's version. Get sent from hyper advanced city to post-apocalyptic Southeast Asia

>I guess, but I don't see the whole 'modern heroes in fantasy world getting special treatment' thing.
There's actually a decent amount of old fantasy that fits the bill. Hell, The fucking Nutcracker fits it a lot better than Through the Looking Glass, and predates it by like 50 years. There's no one guy/book to blame/credit for it, "normal person goes to magic world and becomes a hero/royalty" is simply a very basic and obvious story type. Just like "farmboy/maid/pauper becomes prince/princess/the chosen one and stops an evil plot."

The Twelve Kingdoms had fantasy ancient China, which was pretty neat.

Actually, I'd quite like to see an Isekai where neither of the clashing worlds are the modern real world. Like a cyborg cop from a dystopian future world gets sent to generic fantasy or steampunk land and fucking arrests dragons for loitering or whatever.

I can think of two 19th century Mark Twain novels that fits the bill.

Does A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court count as an isekai? He doesn't travel to a different world, he travels back in time in "our" world, but it's not really our world since King Arthur & co. didn't exist in our world.

>The Nutcracker
Oh,shit, you're right. Konosuba Tchaikovsky ballet when?

I was thinking of that as one of them because the King Arthur legends are 16th century tales about 14th century legends that they thought took place in the 12th century but may be based on actual events from the 6th century. I would consider such a corruption as fantastically other worldly as Beowolf.

Nah, The Firebird is where it's at.

>Judge Dredd in Victorian Steampunk world

>Ankles exposed? 10 years, perp
>Lesbian sex behind closed doors? Carry on, citizen
I don't even know anymore.

Western weeaboos need to put down anything that threatens them.
Overlord is better then the Hobbit and LotR.

This is the only Isekai I know where the MC specifically asks for his "cheat" to be becoming a hot babe.

>This is why when a series is supposed to end, it should actually fucking end
People have a hard time letting something go. It's why I respect assassin's classroom, dude said one school year for the plot and stuck to it.

Neuro was still better though.

But Alice is moe not isekai.

It's both. Drink me, faggot.

Alice in Wonderland is the precursor of moeshit which panders to lolicons.

SHAFT adaptation of Alice with plenty of loliservice when?

Damn, and I thought most of Cred Forums would have never heard or read that book. It's the first thing that pops up in my mind when someone says Isekai.

maybey not but
I did know what the philosopher stone was at that age

Harry Potter is the most plot hole ridden popular book series ever.

Someone needs to make a Madara copy pasta but for Harry.

>implying Rowling didn't stea..I mean get inspired and get all her plot points from all the Japanese anime that she watched.

Even got a sport tournament too.

>Damn, and I thought most of Cred Forums would have never heard or read that book.
It's kind of hard not to know about it when it's mentioned in every iseaki thread.

was there a beach or hot spring episode?

>Rowling also use an anime sidekick archetype for the main protagonist's best male friend.

Your favorite western book just got an adaptation. What's the book and which studio is responsible for it?

For me it's Byron's Don Juan, and I think Production I.G. would do a great job on it if they are on their top game.
Also, Gravity's Rainbow adapted by Dogakobo would be incredible, in a way most men can't comprehend.

OP is an ESL but he obviously meant that Harry Potter is (high) school and Alice is isekai.

And isekai is any parallel world shit. You can't try to twist the meaning (it is the word for parallel world) just because most modern isekai tends to be wish-fulfillment and/or a small modification of trapped in a game.

>modern

Try every.
Read more books, ESL.

1984, Silver Link

Is there an anime character stronger than Harry Potter?

Keep in mind I’m talking about Elder Wand Harry Potter with all the Seven Horcruxes, the Cloak of Invisibility, a perfect Resurrection Stone and the ability to control the forbidden curses and the Avada Kedavra.

>tfw you realize his fighting gimmick is literally just quickdraw disarming people and almost nothing else

But does he have the power of a nakama?

Holy shit.

Gee, it's almost like these aren't Japanese things and are just common elements of these type of stories all around the world.

I know what the word means, that doesn't change the fact that HP doesn't involve parallel worlds.

That's an odd idea considering fiction originated in Japan.

Harry Potter is a magical battle academy

No one is implying it's Isekai

>westerncuck this salty that his favorite trash is stolen tropes smashed together using simple words to pander to children.

Then I don't know what the issue was with the saying what Isekai is and isn't. No one was twisting the meaning to begin with.

Animal Farm by Production I.G.

Gimme dat House of Leaves by Shaft

Either Captain Underpants by DEEN or Goosebumps series by Shaft

Are there any isekai where the protag was a friendless loser in the real world, and then ends up a friendless loser in their new world too?

Yeah, I'm reading it right now. It's painfully bad.

I thought Rowling wanted to mature as an author?

It feels good to inhabit this timeline

What would the plot even be then?

Because Rowling didn't write it. The two other authors did and she OK'd it because she felt like getting another paycheck.

It reeks of fan garbage. The idea that both Draco and Harry's kid would have NO FRIENDS but each other for four fucking years in school. That suddenly there's not one but TWO time turners, one conveniently made to work without the flaw of the first

Ending on a "KILLING IS WRONG" moral

Because 90% of modern Japanese Isekai is just self inserting shit for delusional otaku with the same shitty Dragon quest rpg setting that japs love so much. Sometimes they even try to add some edge to make them look MATURE and DARK but the result is even worse. So in the end they are just uninspired teenager fanfics.
Harry Potter is shit tho

What's worse, Rowling stating that Dumbledore's gay and Voldemort had a silent T, or Toriyama stating that Android 16 is based on Gero's son and Babidi being Bibidi's clone instead of his son?

Voldemort has a silent T, it's french.

16 being based on Gero's son isn't that bad an idea, considering everything about him. Strong as fuck, wants to kill Goku. 17 and 18 which are both weaker than 16 and have tried to kill him are activated before him,

>Voldemort had a silent T

what the fug

True History LN when?

Thus spoke Zarathustra, Madhouse

a modern readaptation with Zarathustra being a NEET who gets enlighted and decides to wander in his city to spread his word. The episodes show various wacky misadventures while maintaning the philosophy of the book's anecdotes.
Someting similar to Tatami Galaxy, both in the visuals and the stories

bamp