Kimi no Na wa

Number one in the Japanese box office for its 5th weekend and for 4 weeks straight.

Koe no Katachi debuted in second place.
Shin Godzilla dropped to 5th

>順位 販売数 座席数 回数 館数 先週比 映画(作品名)
>*1 168847 413169 1121 218 *84.6% 君の名は。
>*2 *58286 100403 *377 102 ****** 映画 聲の形
>*3 *35920 205696 *898 228 ****** 怒り
>*4 *30669 160355 *892 238 *48.0% スーサイド・スクワッド
>*5 *30555 138291 *824 217 *62.9% 四月は君の嘘
>*6 *24810 *69000 *455 233 *70.9% シン・ゴジラ
>*7 *22572 114772 *729 207 *52.0% 超高速!参勤交代 リターンズ
>*8 *16920 166925 *956 238 ****** BFG ビッグ・フレンドリー・ジャイアント
>*9 *10235 *51870 *349 234 *51.3% ペット
>10 **7538 *65539 *467 223 *38.9% キング・オブ・エジプト
>11 **7429 *64165 *489 225 *47.1% 後妻業の女
>12 **6831 *38716 *303 209 *56.8% 青空エール
>13 **4232 *68981 *446 103 ****** レッドタートル ある島の物語
>14 **3904 *20058 *150 172 *46.0% グランド・イリュージョン 見破られたトリック
>15 **3150 *30043 *213 208 *53.2% ファインディング・ドリー
>16 **2801 *23887 *174 180 *49.3% ONE PIECE FILM GOLD
>17 **2303 *28394 *190 212 *39.4% ジャングル・ブック
>18 **1839 **3654 **34 *34 ****** VAMPS LIVE 2016 ライブビューイング
>19 **1722 **7120 **37 *19 *24.4% 弱虫ペダル SPARE BIKE
>20 **1647 *10770 **67 *95 *40.5% 傷物語 Ⅱ 熱血篇
>21 **1428 *36705 *217 227 *62.6% ルドルフとイッパイアッテナ
>22 **1227 **2028 **11 *10 *82.8% planetarian 星の人
>23 ***971 **8397 **65 143 *17.9% ゴーストバスターズ
>24 ***638 **8007 **59 *97 *25.0% ミュータント・ニンジャ・タートルズ 影(シャドウズ)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VzBLUBczhXA
youtube.com/watch?v=iKB51sCZoCE
u.pomf.is/nwceqa.mp4
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=聲の形 完売&src=typd
kojika-trend.net/2016/09/18/【画像あり】シンゴジ、君の名は、聲の形の客層/
youtube.com/watch?v=PDSkFeMVNFs
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/12642/animated-crayon_shinchan-effects-fighting-liquid-m
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Koe did better than everyone expected desu.

And yet it still got BTFO by Shinkai and will probably be forgotten by the end of the year.

>will probably be forgotten by the end of the year.
eh why?

for shitposting reasons, obviously

The only ones who will remember it are shut in otaku while Kimi no Na wa has already made its mark on the history of Japanese cinema.

Jesus Christ. We get it, it's a blockbuster hit, alright?

Stop making so much threads about it especially when we all know that's nothing more than a normalfag memeshow that we would all forget next season

>"STOP DISCUSSING THINGS THAT I DON'T LIKE!"
>"STOP DISCUSSING ANIME ON AN ANIME RELATED IMAGEBOARD!"

>Godzilla beaten by Meme Squad
I want capeshit to leave...

Spamming the exact same thread for some many times is worth complaining about

I could not care less about Kyoani, thankyou very much

>tfw no kill all shitposters button

>normalfag memeshow that we would all forget next season
Like it or not, Kimi no Na wa. isn't gonna be forgotten anytime soon. It's done WAY too well both critically and commercially to ignore.

There is nothing but shitposting in sales threads. Report and hide if you want a better browsing experience.

Surely you jest.
We have so many anime that made a killing by being so overladen in effects. But in the end, they faded into obscurity in a year or two

FINDS

>only 15% drop
At this rate, Kimi no Na wa is going to hit the 10 billion yen mark.

Avatar made money because of unmatched visuals. Kimi no Na wa made money not just because of its visuals but because of its touching story.

>20 **1647 *10770 **67 *95 *40.5% 傷物語 Ⅱ 熱血篇

Shaftfags BTFO!

Ouch.

A boy falls and wakes up as a girl.

Unable to talk, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's body. Never minding the strange situation, he immediately tries to make her life better, and is overjoyed to find out that she has as well.

But, the next day, when he tries to remember the girl, she only shouts at him in the deepest corner of his mind. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he was lived in a town destroyed by a comet. In fact, she died in the disaster three years ago. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own three years in the future self, whose three year ago self is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to perform a terrorist attack in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to save the girl's life and hometown. While the two chase this ultimate goal, AMNESIA ensues as they begin to forget they fell in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

But some day in the future, they don't each other in the streets of Tokyo, and ask each other a question...

Kimi noNawa?

>not just because of its visuals but because of its touching story.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
You're so funny user.

>Koe no Floptachi only in 2nd and being beaten by a huge margin
>Kizumonofloptari in 20th
>Shaftfags and KyoAnuslickers constantly shitting on each other only to get BTFO by ComixWave and Shinkai
>mfw

>ComixWave
It was a Toho hit. They invested so much into this and they got their rewards. ComixWave is just Shinkai and crew, they didn't hire those massive freelancers that worked on the movie.

Just read Deaf Note and I gotta say, it had the best fight scenes. Based bitches just bitch-slapping each other. It' lit.

I hope the movie did those scenes the proper amount of justice

Sure. You wish.
At that time, people said Avatar was a touching story too.

>ONLY in 2nd
Where the fuck else would it be? Are you considering this being 'BTFO DUDE KYOANI IS FINISHED'? I know you're shitposting but at least sense. Obviously nothing is going to even touch Kimi no Na wa

>Just read Deaf Note and I gotta say, it had the best fight scenes. Based bitches just bitch-slapping each other. It' lit.
A story about bullying in which the audience gets excited rather than sick when see the characters fighting.

I don't know who the author is, but I think he's doing the wrong way.

>Deaf Note

I died

can this be a thing? Koe no Floptachi sounds so uninspired. will someone please make fake subtitles saying "keikaku means plan" on one of the hand sign scenes?

Thanks doc.

>>*1 168847 413169 1121 218 *84.6% 君の名は。
>>*2 *58286 100403 *377 102 ****** 映画 聲の形

The memes, they're merging!

Whoops. Wrong thread.

>Deaf Note
Took me a second. Well played user.

>KyoAni finds a way
>Keit-ai finds a way

What happens when they both find a way, Cred Forums?

Still not trending.

What do now?

>that jump between first and second
>that jump between second and third

Holy fuck.

How am I supposed to read this?

Yet I've long since realized nothing will ever stop them from flinging shit at each other and making everything about those two studios.

Just know that Kimi no na Wa is absolutely killing it even on its 4th week and Koe no Katachi premiered second and won't even gross a billion yen.

Toho just produced it. Shinkai and ComixWave made it a hit thanks to their own hard work.

Any production company can market the shit out of a movie.

It takes a truly talented studio, team, and director to make people keep coming back to see it again and again.

I have no earthly fucking idea myself as it's not a standard chart that I'm aware of and zero context is being given.

Right to left.

Yeah the thing that is unusual about Kimi is that like the Ghibli movies of old or a mainstream flick like a One Piece or DBZ or Detective Conan film or something like that is that it made it's money without any sort of benefits. It did however receive a large amount of marketing and theaters in Japan from Toho but then so did Ghostbusters 2016 from Sony and the latter made substantially less so it's a rare sign that Japan still gives some sort of shit about actually quality and effort at large and that there is an alternative path to the otaku bait one. Problem is that path is much fucking harder and over time probably less profitable than the mass production event ticket method so I doubt it's success will have a lasting effect, particularly if the Japanese economy stays bad.

>getting a UK theatre release

What a world we live in

Position/Sales/Number of Seats (people who went to watch it)
Don't know the rest

A world where Shinkai officially became the new Ghibli and KyoAni 's last shred of reputation ceased to exist.

Years later, people are unable to name any of Avatar's characters or quote any of its lines. But years from now, people will still be discussing Kimi no Na wa's characters and quoting lines.

lmao

It's sad how a true kino director like shinkai is on the kyoanus cult's shit list now because of scheduling.

Inb4 outsourcing reeeeeee

Kimi no Na wa

Week 1: ¥1.278 billion (3 days)
Week 2: ¥2.594 billion
Week 3: ¥2.414 billion
Week 4 estimate: ¥2.024 billion

No stopping in sight. At this rate the movie will still be in theaters next year.

It doesn't matter. KyoAni's cult is getting smaller by the minute. They have no brand loyalty left.

Already +8 billion yen in 4 weeks then the goal for Kimi no Na wa was to reach 2 billion yen lifetime,

Not at all, because Shinkai is a Kyoani fan himself.

Do you think he hates himself for ruining KyoAni?

No, he just feels good there are two great movies in theaters now with Kimi no na wa and Koe no Katachi

What's this?

Kimi no na Wa's screening almost full, even though there's bad weather in that particular place.

[citation needed]

His twitter

>He feels good that his movie is the reason Koe no Katachi is flopping the way it is.

I don't think anyone ever expected KnK to sell more than a Shinkai movie user. We're talking about a manga adaptation after all.
I can't wait for this "KyoAni got BTFO by Shinkai" shitposting campaign to die. I like Shinkai and KyoAni and Im happy that both movies are doing well.

And this is today? Holy shit.

Are you new? 6 months ago every single KyoAni fan thought KnK would be the most grossing anime movie of the year. Some even thought it could get an Oscar nomination.

No one gave a shit about Kimi no na Wa until the pre-screenings when Japan started going ape shit over it and trended on Twitter, that's when the KyoAni damage control brigade started.

Yes, and he think Charlotte was a masterpiece too.

So still no good news huh?

I don't see anything exploding in the internet. It's just Shinkai's film dominating. What a sad state for KyoAni.

Damn Nip theaters are big.

>He feels good that his movie is the reason Koe no Katachi is flopping the way it is.

So retarded. If anything his tweet sent more people to watch Koe no Katachi.

Kimi no Na wa Oscar when?

So it was a pity compliment?

>6 months ago
>Koe no katachi still has no proper promotions
>expecting it to sell
>Meanwhile Shinkai's film has multiple promotions and a special

HAHAHAHAHA

>most grossing anime movie of the year
No user people thought that would be Kizu but that flopped already so I guess there is that.

>If anything his tweet sent more people to watch Koe no Katachi.

It was a consolation prize for those whom he destroyed. Only one will be on top.

>So it was a pity compliment?

>being this bad at recognizing emotions

No you autist, it was clearly sincere

Since when are 10 overzealous Kyoani fans any indication of people's expectation ? Because Im a Kyoani fan myself and while I expected KnK to do well (wich it did) I would never have expected it to do better than a Shinkai movie.

Also, most of the hype around any studio is usually not that serious user. People hype KyoAni like they hype Shaft and Trigger, half of it is love for the studio and the other half is just having fun.
I always feel sorry for people taking this shit seriously and thinking they "won" everytime [inserthypedstudioname] wasn't as successful as expected.

As unfortunate as it sound, the oscar will obviously go to the next Pixar shit user.

Bad movie confirmed.

kVin and Sagubafags on suicide watch.

No wonder it's still not trending because it was so shit.

literally who

There we go. An unbiased review. Not like that OthelloWHO who was trying his best to hide his inner KyoAnusfag side.

Holly shit, this is a bigger success that Watamote. Cred Forums memed this to first place with their keit-ai spam.

That sucks. Zootopia was lame.

>An unbiased review.

Actually he's a butthurt shaft slave

did this movie have the best soundtrack of 201x? how about 20xx? surely in my top 5 already.

youtube.com/watch?v=VzBLUBczhXA

youtube.com/watch?v=iKB51sCZoCE

>Normalfag melodrama bait sells well
Let's be honest, who's actually surprised by this, and who thinks sales correlate with quality.

If he was he would've watched the movie already. He 'heard' that it was good.

So, can someone explain to me that "Koe no Katachi flopped/Kyoani is dead" meme? It seems to be doing relatively well is sales, from what I can see on the OP, and although it's not even close to Kimi no na wa, it doesn't seem like a flop to me, at least.

Even shaftfags are choosing to go to KnK over Kizu. Damn

It'll go to Moana when it comes out this November.

Yes. Meanwhile Koe no Katachi's OST is fucking garbage and isn't even charting. Nothing but literal muffled sounds. I can't believe it was done by the same guy who did Ping Pong.

It's a flop because it's not first. Yes it's stupid, but shitposters will go to great lenght in order to shit on popular studios, even if it means ignoring reality.

The movie is going to rock. New animation technique is going to be great to watch.
It's a smashing hit actually by a KyoAni standard. Outperforming every movie they did except Keion. Outpacing Kizu, Gundam 00 and everything under those. But shitposters love their shitposts.

KYOANUSLICKERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Are you comparing Hyouka to Kimi no Na wa?
Compare Kimi no Na wa to the likes of Madoka or Love Live.

Predicted gross not even past 1 billion. For over 100 screenings that's bad.

Kimi no na Wa is already more popular than LL or Madoka. It would be more fit to compare it to actual mainstream stuff like One Piece or prime Ghibli movies.

Kimi no Na wa is easily the best animated film of the year but I wouldn't be surprised if Moana wins the Oscar. Let's hope it isn't shit.

When a meme is used in a truthful manner, it's a good meme. It really is flopping.

I'd also like to know how the "Kizu flopped" meme began. Is almost 1B considered a flop these days?

lifetime
¥2.9b Love Live
¥2.1b Madoka movie

Kimi no Na wa ¥8.2b in 4 weeks

Yes

~100 screenings - 1 billion or flop
~200 screenings - 2 billion or flop
~300 screenings - 3 billion or flop

>saying this with a straight face
The red turtle is the best thing to come out this year and nothing the nips can produce can even compare. The French are on a hot streak when it comes to animation the past 3 years.
>1B
It doesn't work like that. Kizu did 500M. And was dropped from 15 AENO screens second week in.

>The red turtle
Rotoscoping garbage
>French animation
Automatic tweening software garbage

Call me when they do something as good as this
u.pomf.is/nwceqa.mp4

>¥8.2b

Call me when they get that same amount, but in dollars.

According to some people Hibike was a flop.

user, I happen to work in european animation and know animators who worked on Red Turtle, it's not automatic tweening garbage. In fact, most european movies don't use that kind of animation. It's only used for series and really low budget shit.

Eh. I didn't like Red Turtle. The movie felt hollow, there were no characters only pretty pictures and beautiful animation. The animation and BG team did a great job, but it couldn't save the movie from it's lack of substance.

>Jap animation
Cheap work with low amount of key frames. Even the Asterix movies had more key frames. Japan can't compete with the west when it comes to art user.
>hollow
Literally 2deep4u

To whoever defends this piece of shit. Can someone here watch the movie and defend it? If so why are you people so buttblasted and say stuff as if you watched the movie.

He did. You didn't. You got no credibility.

You know who has credibility? Makoto Shinkai.
You know who doesn't? That guy and you.

Cred Forums please go back to your safe space.

>forget name but anime on the pic
> koe no whatever

Now I just need to wait like a year so I can also enjoy these movies. Wanna reread manga of koe right now.

Kyoanus is responsible for the LN garbage of the past decade. Fitting that the industry changing for he better would spell their end.

>You know who doesn't?

KyoAni and Yamada have no credibility left.

Shinkai is also a known KyoAni fan, he was complimenting KnK out of pity. The movie is bad.

>You know who has credibility? Makoto Shinkai.

>Thinking Shinkai actually gave an honest answer.

It's mostly to console KyoAni. In all honesty, it was a slap in the face.

I mean, those are late night franchises.
I meant compare as in like "for this genre, this is the equivalent of something in that other genre" not that "late night anime" is a genre but you get the idea.

>thinking the west = American tv animation
LUL.
Outside of Kaguya Hime nothing Japan has produced this decade can be compared to the new wave of FrancoBelgian animation movies. Watch anything that won something in Annecy and you'll see true art outside of the Otaku confinement.

**1227 **2028 **11 *10 *82.8% planetarian 星の人
Ganbatte!

Sure thing Cred Forums

>2deep4u
Nah, actually it's so heavy on it's metaphor that it end up being somewhat redundant.
It's a beautiful movie, but it's not deep.

We are actually waiting to be able to watch the fucking movie rather than latch on three fucking tweets as if they are some kind of gospel.

>UnderTheDogPR
Opinion disregarded. These guys made their whole fucking campaign on shitting on the industry and taking the "saving anime" meme seriously. Cringest shit I ever saw.
Still have to watch it though, the synopsis made it sound edgy as fuck but it may be good.

>h-he didn't really mean it

Yes, he did. There you have it, legitimate praise from a fellow director who actually managed to articulate his praise beyond vague comments like "it has pacing issues".

>Thinking Japan has any talent left after Haruhi suffocated it
Sure thing Cred Forums

There was a movie?

Sequel. Based on the drama CDs.

At least google searches in Japan have Koe no Katachi 4th right now

09/18 08:00

Google検索数ランキング

1:台風16号 進路

2:三田寛子

3:こち亀 最終回

4:聲の形

5:ららぽーと横浜

>At least google searches in Japan have Koe no Katachi 4th right now

Irrelevant.

Kimi no na wa had tons of hype before that where the fuck have you been?

It only had meme hype on Cred Forums because of the whole keit ai shit.

>it may be good.
It was awful. It pretty much did everything they complain about modern anime for doing.

Three fucking tweets say it already. It's polarizing.

That's because Shinkai hasn't read the source material. To those who read the manga there will be huge issues. Even nips reacted to what was cut. Just accept it, it's not a good movie if you look at it adaptation wise. It's a great movie if you're into visuals and technicalities. It's a so-so movie if you don't know anything about those two.

I swear. KyoAni's fans are one of the most cancerous fanbase in Cred Forums.

>meme hype
>not paying attention to the early marketing done many months before the film screened.

Shinkai is still very well know you pleb

So well known that every single movie of his prior to Your Name did worse at the box office than your average KyoAni recap movie.

That's because japs have shit taste

Shinkai is a career filmmaker, and he's judging it solely on its merits as a film and he likes it. He's not an autist holding up the manga while the movie plays making an exhaustive list of every little change or minor plot point that was left out in the transition from page to screen.

You don't pull what he pulled without being well known. His previous movies (at least his last one) had limited screenings to begin with, and the rest is older at this point that doesn't really mean anything for the current fame he might have.

What is Yamada thinking right now? Is she crying?

Literally Byousoku 5 Centimeter except for the supernatural elements, the lame sex jokes and the fact that it has a happy ending.

I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that Your name is a popcorn flick, but that's also the reason why it's so popular. Easy to digest, funny, great visual quality.

>Jason Moses

Literally who?

Hold on now, Shinkai didn't do his classic "Sad ending that needs to happen because I need to come up with sad melodrama that doesn't even make sense?"

I might actually it now.

How much money did it make again, Cred Forums?

>The only anime I could cite is Haruhi.

Sure thing, Cred Forums.

What are you talking about? Hyouka is KyoAni's magnum opus

Koe no Katachi actually is doing pretty good.

But Kizumonogatari on the other hand, SHAFTfags BTFO.

Hell even you add the disc sale on those shows Kimi no na wa still crush them.

Call me when they got the same amount and overall popularity

Koe no Katachi getting blown out hard.

He never actually does sad endings, just bittersweet ones.

This one is more neutral since there's the promise of them getting back together, but it's still not 100%.

How bad? Because bad weather actually might make more people go to the theater since there's less to do.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone explain this to me. How can KyoAni be so BTFO and people still defend it?

座席数・上映回数・館数前日集計:20160919
順位 座席数 回数 箱平均 取得館数 上映館数 取得率 映画(作品名)
*1 515746 1377 374.5 218 296 73.6% 君の名は。
*2 252104 1105 228.1 227 323 70.3% 怒り
*3 216158 1150 188.0 237 338 70.1% スーサイド・スクワッド
*4 205678 1168 176.1 237 347 68.3% BFG ビッグ・フレンドリー・ジャイアント
*5 166730 *992 168.1 216 294 73.5% 四月は君の嘘
*6 130310 *824 158.1 206 283 72.8% 超高速!参勤交代 リターンズ
>*7 116812 *481 242.9 100 120 83.3% 映画 聲の形
*8 101158 *642 157.6 232 346 67.1% シン・ゴジラ
*9 *94907 *653 145.3 223 315 70.8% キング・オブ・エジプト
10 *80561 *522 154.3 103 126 81.7% レッドタートル ある島の物語

We can expect KyoAni to file for bankruptcy any minute now.

There is a torrent or something or how much we need to wait to release

To be fair, that's nitpicking, sure Kimi no Na wa had more viewers but KnK occupied 58k seats out of 100k, while Kimi no Na wa did 168k out of 400k.

Because people know that this
is something good

"Bittersweet" is usually code for garbage. The ending and most of the plot of 5cm/s was contrived nonsense that served no purpose other than to say "see, this is why it HAS to be bittersweet."

If this is another Garden of Words style "happy" ending then I'm not about to waste my money on it.

>20160919(月)

Trolled hard

It's first week it's going to continue dropping as the days go by. Literally missing the point.

You KyoAni fanboys need to pray hard and hope word of mouth saves this shit movie.

The biggest fanboy is the director holding the #1 spot in the rank right now. You probably can't find a better endorsement than shinkai.

It'll still flop even with that endorsement.

>Muh Shinkai tweet
>Muh nitpicking

Pathetic. Just accept the movie is not great.

The lickers will never accept that.

>kyoanus shitters literally BTFO by based Shinkai

What a time to be alive

Yeah, Kimi no Namae is mediocre overhyped normie garbage

Seats sold after Sunday morning sessions

[順位] [販売数] [映画作品タイトル名]

1 *76305 君の名は。
2 *18339 映画 聲の形
3 *13474 怒り
4 *13155 超高速!参勤交代 リターンズ
5 *13073 四月は君の嘘
6 **8303 シン・ゴジラ
7 **8046 スーサイド・スクワッド
8 **7648 ペット
9 **7232 BFG ビッグ・フレンドリー…
10 **3763 後妻業の女

The gap is widening between KnK and Kimi no Na wa compared to yesterday.

*1 *76305 君の名は。
 *2 *18339 映画 聲の形
 *3 *13474 怒り
 *4 *13155 超高速!参勤交代 リターンズ
 *5 *13073 四月は君の嘘
 *6 **8303 シン・ゴジラ
 *7 **8046 スーサイド・スクワッド
 *8 **7648 ペット
 *9 **7232 BFG ビッグ・フレンドリー…
 10 **3763 後妻業の女
[2016/09/18 11:55 更新]

Word of mouth got around. KnK will have no legs it seems. My 800 million lifecycle expectations seem to have been wrong. KyoAni would be lucky if the movie makes 600m

>2 *18339 映画 聲の形

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAH

1 Billion my ass.

>Word of mouth got around. KnK will have no legs it seems.

It's obviously the effect of being a polarizing movie. Only those who can appreciate the technical aspects or the secondaries will enjoy it.

It's fucked.

Yamada's career is over.

>It's selling well they say
>1 Billion they say
>1st week they say

FLOPPING REALLY HARD. Can't wait for KyoAni to close shop.

It was just CIA, the guys initially in charge for Under the Dog's PR, that were retarded. The real creative team just wanted to make something cool so they kicked CIA off the team for being overconfident idiots.

Wew, here I thought sales threads couldn't possibly get more cancerous.

Based Shinkai. Are SHAFT and Kyoani faggots teaming up against it already?

*1 *81586 君の名は。
*2 *22110 映画 聲の形

Half of the Shitkai supporters are butthurt shaftshitters pissed that Kizu is tanking hard.

what is it even about? city boy meets country girl?

pot, kettle.

No one knows. It's just a bunch of scenes thrown together with some kind of time travel and mind swapping and also a comet.

I know that you're likely one of the guys shitposting earlier, but from the shithole Avatar we got this gem.
>This is Papa Dragon. I want this mission high and tight. I wanna be home for dinner.

A lot of people didn't. People called it a derivative Fern Gully or Pocahontas.

Just saw it in Shinjuku yesterday, it is actually pretty fucking good. Easily Shinkai's best work so far and from a visual standpoint it's got to be one of the most beautiful anime yet. I bet 90% of the people talking shit on Cred Forums haven't even watched it or watched some shitty cam rip with no subs and understood like 20% of the dialogue. They just hate it because it's popular.

Are we even in the same board? Everyone is shitting on Koe no Katachi, not Kimi no na Wa.

I mean, I have seen a lot of people just calling it normalfag shit and overrated, though it's less not that KnK is out to shit on. In any case, the same point applies because none of these faggots have seen either movie.

No they didn't. They made fun of the story and said it was literally Dances With Wolves/Pocahontas in space.

Is it doing better than the last Miyazaki ?

No one is shitting on based Shinkai's work. Please read the memo and get your pitch fork. We're burning down KyoAnusfags dreams.

200 million opening week on 122 screens is actually very, very good for non-main stream anime. It should hit 1 billion when its run is done.

Don't know where this "1 billion 1st week" BS came from, but it should make that much in 10-12 weeks.

>It should hit 1 billion when its run is done.
>Losing steam this fast

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 billion they said! Kyolickers found a way.

It's a cliche feel good popcorn flick laden with plot holes and forced sentimentality.

>hasn't even seen the movie
>talking shit about it because of some arbitrary hate for KyoAni

Comparing it to one of the most successful anime releases in years is retarded and meaningless, it says nothing about the actual quality of KnK.

>debut at #2
>haters still think that kyoani is finished
How are these people so dumb? It is a huge success no matter how you spin it.

When will the shitposting end?

You can debut at number 1 and still be a flop if everything else is flopping. Learn math, rankings mean shit its about raw numbers. Licking Yamada's asshole isn't going to make the movie sell.

Literally who?

*1 100479 君の名は。
 *2 *23846 映画 聲の形
 *3 *22425 四月は君の嘘
 *4 *21436 超高速!参勤交代 リターンズ
 *5 *20759 怒り

Koe no Katachi soon to drop to 3rd. Word of mouth is killing this movie.

Because KyoAni has such high expectations on it that anything but #1 gets called a failure. Ironically this only proves how relevant and respected KyoAni is. No one would shitpost JC Staff or some shit for getting #2. Relevance and importance is directly correlated with number of shitposters.

Kimi no Na wa is confirmed the best anime of all time.

>respected
>decreasing sales by the minute

Kimi no Na wa is quite simply the worst thing to happen to cinema ever. Its forced profundity has caused millions of people all over the world to force themselves to like what is quite simply nothing more than an exercise in style.

Shinkai has no idea what he is doing here. His film jumps around with little to no sense of unity. The great film makers of the world create a series of events that contain clarity of information, something Shinkai couldn't bet his life on.

What is the purpose of what is going on here? Is there any coherent message? I have heard suggestions that it is Shinaki's message about the struggle of humanity's fate against emotion, but what fate is that? Does Shinkai even know?

This is Transformers for the Nippon crowd. Pure style over substance. Nobody actually likes this film, they just like to be seen liking it.

I dont go on that site but is that 100k people that scored the show? Its scary to think that many people watched camprips.

Can Shitkai tell a story that isn't a soppy and naive teen romance?

Also over 66% of the people rated it a 10/10, which is absurd.

No because kyoani cant either.

BvS debuted at #1 and quickly dropped off. The editing and pacing issues will kill KnK.

Won't be watching it until good quality comes out. From all I hear about it, the story is generic and fairly average. If the reason to watch this movie is that it looks good, I won't watch shitty quality.

>MAL
Kek

Will the score go up or down when the BD drops?

Have you ever watched a Shinkai movie? The themes are always about separation and loss and relationships that can't ever work out despite the power of love. It's about the opposite of most romance shit. Admittedly at the end of Kimi no Na ha they actually do meet again though. If anything he can be criticized for telling the same story and themes every time.

I just watched Koe no katachi. i see why it's flopping, shit's pretty bad.

>PV
Nah

*1 117712 君の名は。
 *2 *25836 映画 聲の形
 *3 *25832 四月は君の嘘

KyoAni on suicide watch, KnK 4 tickets away from dropping to 3rd

>Released on Aug 26th
>5th weekend
Nah do you believe this is not just shitposting thread? We don't need this kind of thread again and again especially with OP that don't know what he wrote.

Also are there something worth to shitposting about With how big Kimi no na Wa is it is like comparing Mainstream movie like Conan/OP/Miyazawa/Hosoda, Congrats Shinkaifags Shinkai eventually enter their teritory, so what do you get from that?

then KnK also seems doing well for an adaptation anime, why even people here need to compare with Kimi no na wa an original more mainstream anime, about KnK reach 1b or not we don't know yet but it first weekend does better than Kokosake original who reached 1b, how can that flop? when was the last time you see anime film adaptation did well?

So is there thing worth shitpost about? Stop please i'm tired reading stupid people in this thread shitpost each other, since when Cred Forums being this shit and full of plebs?

So I guess Shinkai beat Hosoda out in the battle to be crowned the new Miyazaki then.

Damage controlling kyoani drone

Is anyone surprised? The only people who thought KnK would do well are KyoAni asslickers. I remember reading the manga when it was still releasing and goddamn was the second half garbage. All the dumb teen angst with the movie making, main girl trying to jump off a building, etc. How the fuck did anyone expect this to be a masterpiece when half the source material was shit?

THANK YOU KEIT-AI

FOUND A WAY

We already have an idea of the work. It's either you really like it you really hate it.

Oh and Say goodbye to that movie. It'll fucking go away fast seeing as there's no legs for it.

1 Gorillion my ass.

Shitgatsu live action is now beating Koe no Katachi

KyoAni is literally finished. What a time to be alive.

Someone called it a desecration of the source material so I have high hopes. K-On manga was pretty bad too.

This is a prime example of a butthurt KyoAnusfag.

What are you people gonna throw now?

It's obvious Shinkai is a hack and him getting this attention is hilarious. It just makes KyoAnus' crushing defeat even more fun to witness. Let's get real, Shinkai couldn't discern a good film even if it hit him in the face. All of his movies had boring and bland characters that you couldn't give a fuck. Not unless you're into soapdrama teenage crap. His pacing is also terrible. Him probably liking KnK means it hit the criteria for his ideal film which doesn't say much.

Things have been said already. It's not faithful to the manga. It's said to have terrible pacing. Overall a terrible film.

Nothing is gonna change that. Deal with it.

Tearwhoring melodrama can be just as as naive as utopian platonism. And it's true that Shinkai does both aspects, starting his movies with one and ending them with the other.
I've watched and more or less liked everything up until B5C. Stopped caring after that when I understood that he's a minor filmaker that had nothing more to say.

>keitai is known to find a way
>kyoani is known to find a way
>meme magic only works on one thing at a time and this time it went to keitai

Kyoani lost simply because it released second.

*1 135490 君の名は。
 *2 *28908 四月は君の嘘
 *3 *27746 映画 聲の形

movie is not good. people are realizing that. knk dropping hard from yesterday

Maybe you should wait to form your own opinion instead of shitposting based on tweets and sales numbers

How could they compete? Kizu was all summer, Keitai took the second half. Mappa movie coming next. KnK just released at the worst possible time.

I don't need to wait. I know it's going to be shit. I'll be laughing at you faggots for licking each others wounds. This shit is lucky to even hit 500 mil.

Word of mouth is already out. It's shit and people are not going to watch it and it'll just keep dropping till it's unranked.

>hasn't seen either
Your opinion means less than nothing until you have.

Is this an accurate review?

5cm was pretty overrated. I think both Garden of Words and Kimi no Na ha have been a lot better than it was. You should give them a chance.

In all seriousness though, KnK dropped to third because screenings are full right now and people left out are choosing to watch Shigatsu instead, which has double the screenings.

I've seen that shit in AX. It was a stroke of luck for him. Best film? For his portfolio, yes.

Was it a good film? Mainstream garbage.

There is no such thing as a good adaptation that is 100% faithful to the source material. You might think there is but in actuality you are objectively wrong. There is no point in going through the same story twice. A random person's opinion with no elaboration means nothing. Any critical review that isn't grounded in theoretical and sociological roots is worthless, especially those of filthy manga purists.

That's quite a large surprise box you've got there.

Bad movement. Fuck shokikuchi or whatever their name.

That's a shame, bet they'll increase the number of theaters for KnK

>Sold out

As if that's on all theaters. Stop making big deal of isolated incidents.

>not booking their tickets in advance

Shitgatsu has double the screening and barely beat KnK. Why is it that hard for haters to accept the fact that Kyoani actually succeeded?

See and

>not watching Garden of Feet and his ghibli clone about moving on after the death of those close to you

nigga your opinion ain't worth jack fuck all

Beyond the Clouds is actually his best work, though admittedly I haven't seen KNNW yet.

If you want to take it on the most basic level, it is kind of accurate in a wildly over-simplistic way. But you can make anything sound shitty by giving a sarcastic summary of the plot, because actual quality comes from the execution. The thing I was most disappointed about was how they didn't focus enough on them trying to live each other's lives and compressed it a lot, but that was also not really the main focus of the film like what you might think from the PVs or whatever.

That's not how it works.

That guy is so obsessed with Kyoani it's sad. I wonder why Kyoani haters all seem to have mental problems.

Not an isolated incident.

twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=聲の形 完売&src=typd

>KyoAnusfags clutching at straws

Have some dignity you faggots. Just accept that it's bombing and the people have made up their minds that it's a shit movie not worth watching.

kyoani fags and kyoani haters are two sides of the same shit-encrusted coin

>This shit is not even trending
>Not an isolated incident

Sure manure

>japs
>using twitter

>新海誠&京アニおそろし。

Is he right, Cred Forums?

Maybe you should make up your own mind instead of basing your opinion on what you think other people think.

>Posting a jap twitter memeshot of an isolated incident that is not trending
>Get called out
>lol Japs don't twitter

No way, the one guy spending hours posting about a movie he doesn't even plan on watching is clearly worse.

Anyone else thinks that Japanese emoticons should be allowed on Cred Forums?

Literally WHO?

They already are.

Anyone posting about why a movie they haven't seen is shit or not shit is autistic to begin with.

Some random person saying that Kimi no na Wa and KnK are sold out and how fearsome shinkai and KyoAni are or something like that.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Go easy on the KyoAnusfags. Their logic is simply that of an retard.

individual outliers exist on both sides, proper statistics discard them

both groups are nothing but raging autists incapable of comprehending how it's possible for different people to think differently and like different things for different reasons

>emoticons
kill yourself

They felt so big attacking shaft. But got btfo when Shinkaifags entered thread.

This is golden like the time madhouse beat kyoani 70 to 30

You have mal, reddit, facebook, ann, twitter and tumblr for that.

*1 144516 君の名は。
 *2 *34477 映画 聲の形
 *3 *31095 四月は君の嘘

Koe no Katachi back into the second spot.

>This is golden like the time madhouse
When was that ?

After 14h sessions

順位 販売数 座席数 回数 館数 先週比 映画(作品名)
*1 135994 234861 618 218 *95.4% 君の名は。
*2 *29040 *77946 459 217 *83.1% 四月は君の嘘
*3 *27949 *49544 203 101 ****** 映画 聲の形
*4 *26129 *75386 473 207 *84.6% 超高速!参勤交代 リターンズ
*5 *23334 109113 471 228 ****** 怒り
*6 *18992 *83572 458 238 *63.3% スーサイド・スクワッド
*7 *18626 *33981 226 233 *85.4% シン・ゴジラ
*8 *15673 *40037 265 233 *80.5% ペット
*9 *15625 *92837 532 238 ****** BFG ビッグ・フレンドリー・ジャイアント
10 **8046 *45162 343 225 *70.9% 後妻業の女

>boy and girl fall in love
>boy and girl spend some time together and "magic" happens (literally this time)
>muh setsunai ending that maybe implies happiness in the future because riajuu eat up melodramatic garbage
It looks great, but if you pretend for a second the story isn't the same garbage he makes every time, you're out of your fucking mind.

How are the characters? Are they developed well?

Only 18,667 have scored it, the rest have it on Plan to Watch or didn't score it.

Shochiku doesn't trust KyoAni anymore. Koe no Katachi needed a few more screens.

Over 18k votes and 9.4/10 average, but only 259 people have favourited the two main characters combined. Looks like no one cares about the main characters.

They're just like what they are in the other Shinkai movies.

With all the shit going on in the movie, it's not so much of a character driven plot. I'd say the characters are the weakest part of Your Name.

5cm/s was trash, but if you read the novel it makes a lot more sense.

Basically the reason why they broke up was because they were apart for so long that there was no longer anything to talk about. He literally had nothing to write about in his letters to her and it frightened him.
However the problem was that even though he cut her off from his life, he couldn't get over her and that's where the melodrama comes in.

>*3 *31095 四月は君の嘘
Why is this even up there?

The novels were basically garbage damage control to sell the readers in the surfer girl. The movie itself (like everything he does) was horribly written. Kimi no Na looks gorgeous, but to pretend it's a good movie is just silly.

See KnK literally helping Shigatsu out.

Boring? Cool. I can deal.

Except the surfer girl is just as irrelevant in the novel. The novel was better than the movie since it fleshed out his college years and gives insight as to why all his relationships failed.

You're thinking of the manga, which was fanfiction garbage.

There are similar themes of course because it's Shinkai, but it's a bit different, the actual story and conflict isn't what you might imagine from the PVs, there's a bit of a twist to it from his usual work. It certainly feels different, closer to a Girl Who Leapt Through Time than 5cm/s or Garden of Words. There is some humor and action mixed in, it is more lighthearted in tone compared to like 5cm that takes itself so seriously. Even if it was just the same, it's still by far the best execution of his formula in my opinion, though I'd say this one differs from the usual formula more than you'd expect.

Isn't this supposed to be a romance? I just can't see how I can care for a romance if the characters are bland.

The main characters are good enough, not as developed as they could be but enough for it to work. The side characters have very little development but they are practically irrelevant to the story, the main leads are the major focus for most of the movie.

Not in the way you'd think. It goes in a bit of a different direction, there is very little actual romance until the last like 1/4 of the movie.

>Sure he makes the same melodramatic crap every time, but this one has the prettiest coat of paint and a few jokes thrown in
That doesn't make the story or the characters any fundamentally less bad.

I might be confusing them, but I didn't care for either.

What makes you say it's bad? It's fair enough if you just don't like that kind of story, but for what it is, it's a very good execution of it.

Well regardless, I would recommend reading the novel since it's basically a better version of the movie unless you value visuals and music more.

Not him but I felt that the second half was pretty rushed and unexplained.

I unironically believe that we would've gotten a better story without that twist and it was more like Keit-ai.

It's pure, unadulterated melodrama. Cheap and emotionally manipulative with no depth or real thought put into it. I dislike that kind of story because that kind of story is inherently bad. Are you a hormonal teenage girl? Because if you're not, then you should really feel bad about defending this kind of stuff.

*1 151716 君の名は。
*2 *37472 映画 聲の形
*3 *33437 四月は君の嘘

KnK will probably reach ~60k today as well

~70*

>Are you a hormonal teenage girl?

Are you not?

Sadly not, which means I can't get enjoyment from trash.

BDs when?

So is KyoAni kill?

>open thread
>HAHA kyoani HAHA BTFO HAHA normie shit

kojika-trend.net/2016/09/18/【画像あり】シンゴジ、君の名は、聲の形の客層/

this is virus don click

It's already at 50k right now across all the chains it's screening on. I think today might be better than yesterday.

No it's not faggot.

You like Makoto Shinkai and ComixWave?

Th-they're ok...

The only things kill are normalfags movie and jewlywood.
>*1 168847 413169 1121 218 *84.6% 君の名は(Your Name - CoMix Wave Films)
>*2 *58286 100403 *377 102 ****** 映画 聲の形(Koe no Katachi - KyoAni)
>*3 *35920 205696 *898 228 ****** 怒り
>*4 *30669 160355 *892 238 *48.0% スーサイド・スクワッド
>*6 *24810 *69000 *455 233 *70.9% シン・ゴジラ
>*7 *22572 114772 *729 207 *52.0% 超高速!参勤交代 リターンズ
>*8 *16920 166925 *956 238 ****** BFG ビッグ・フレンドリー・ジャイアント
>*9 *10235 *51870 *349 234 *51.3% ペット
>10 **7538 *65539 *467 223 *38.9% キング・オブ・エジプト
>11 **7429 *64165 *489 225 *47.1% 後妻業の女
>12 **6831 *38716 *303 209 *56.8% 青空エール
>13 **4232 *68981 *446 103 ****** レッドタートル ある島の物語(The Red Turtle - Ghibli)

Anime are actually dominating the theater over live action films for the whole weekend.

No.

I really wish I had gone to anime expo and seen this

HEY PAUL

What the fuck, the red turtle is by ghibli? I thought it was Chinese or Korean.

To be fair there are no big Hollywood releases right now.

no you don't

His early work was a little too... melodramatic for my taste.

It's Ghibli as in Takahata was an advisor throughout the project but the movie was made by a dutch director in a French studio.

But when Kimi no Na wa came out in 2016, I think he REALLY came into his own... commercially and artistically.

HEY PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole movie has clear crisp visuals, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the film a big boost.

Please shitpost normally

This is going to end in something stupid like the comet shopped over the axe and Mitsuha's face on Paul Allen isn't it

>Deaf Note

nice, senpai.

He's been compared to Hayao Miyazaki, but I think Shinkai has a far more relatable, emotional sense of style.

*1 155655 君の名は。
 *2 *40941 映画 聲の形

HEY PAUL
DON'T MAKE IT BAD
TAKE AN OLD MEME
AND MAKE IT BETTER

Hey OP...

Yes user?

Why do the love interests communicate through smartphones in this movie? Is this like, Keit-Ai or something?

No user...

NO PAUL

Is that a raincoat?

Yes it is!

In 2016, Shinkai released it along with this:
youtube.com/watch?v=PDSkFeMVNFs
The soundtrack from Radwimps. Their most accomplished album.

I think that their undisputed masterpiece is, Zen Zen Zense! A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics!

But they should! Because it's not just about the struggles of the characters and the importance of love, it's also a personal statement from Shinkai and the band themselves!

Hey user!

What is this new autistic form of shitposting

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

No nigs therefore no oscar.

Just report.

>new
Lurk more.

Reminds me of the good old days when people put effort into their posts.

TRY SAYING KYOANI FOUND A WAY WITH KOE NO FLOPTACHI NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

>Yatto me wo, samashita kai... sore nanino naze me mo awase ya shinain dai...

Did he really kill him?

Koe no Katachi has a half negro confirmed.

Well, it's implied that most of the murders are in his head throughout the movie.

Nope
Also he had gay sex with Carruthers in the bathroom

But not all.

Not enough.

>stated fact
>Kyoanifags bla bla bla
this is the state of Cred Forums shitposter now, no brain, good or bad facts are facts, so what if Shinkai this or that it is selling or not, Kyoani is still Kyoani

>Kyoani is still Kyoani

So they're still shit?

Whatever you want them

As long as KnK reaches a billion I'm ok.

>Koe no Katachi
>1 Gorillion

Nope.

>How am I supposed to read this?

You dont need read the table. Just wait other anons explain the columns.
This table exist only for make fun of western people that dont understand.

It might. Next week will tell.

>They just hate it because it's popular.

People hate Shinkai because always use the same plot is his movies. Dont because "its´popular"

>KyoAni

If Kimi no na Wa didn't exist, Koe no Katachi would literally be 1st place right now, and this whole thread would be entirely different.

If Kimi no na Wa, Koe no Katachi, and 18 other movies didn't exist, Kizu pt2 would be in 1st place right now.
Really makes you think.

>"Promise" of happy ending
>Promise
>Not actually a happy ending

That's why I never watch anything done by this pretentious fucker.
I want a closure and an actual happy ending if I'm going to watch a film.

Apparently Shitkai thinks giving the premise of romance and then tearing the coulpe apart at the ending because "Lol, fate and destiny" and bullshit like that instantly turns a movie into the ultimate art expression.

Hell, I have more than enough bittersweet and inconclusive relationship endings my life to be putting up with the same shit in a movie I watch for entertainment and leisure.

I'm on the way home from the theaters now.

Koe no katachi >>>>>> kimi no na

Kyoani did a real good job of fitting the entire series into one movie. They obviously couldn't fit everything, but I actually teared up multiple times unlike Kimi no na.

Good to know. Looking forward to watching them

Koe no Katachi needs 30 billion to turn profit.

My uncle works at KyoAni.

I'm on my way home now as well from KyoAni HQ.

Kyoani is closed on sundays

>tearing the coulpe apart at the ending
Doesn't actually happen this time. If anything it's almost like 5cm in reverse.

It probably is the best expression yet of his favorite themes. Though if I had to sum it up I'd say it feels something like a modern Japanese folk tale. I liked it.

Good thing that MEXT gave them exactly 60Bil in sponsorship money.

Base MEXT

Time to buy another building

>1: Kimi no Na wa
>2:Koe no Katachi
Nips have better taste than burger.

Wow japanese people can use filters

Now try comparing Shin-chan to Family Guy.

Okay
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/12642/animated-crayon_shinchan-effects-fighting-liquid-m

>somebody goes out of their way to make a Shinkai Twitter post into an image complementing Kyoani
>then claiming he is a kyoani fan himself

I give up with these people. I hope you frame that twitter post on a wall if it'll help with your anxiety, kyoanifag.

3 minutes in paint come on my man don't overreact.

How did both of them not notice the difference in yeras? The girl was literally entering stuff in his calendar/datebook.

Oh if it's japanese then emoticons are suddenly allowed huh?

Its like a dream little details forgotten fast.

yes it is my facebook got hacked because of it

I noticed this, but was willing to let it slide with lel it's magic. They were careful not to have the year visible, even though the day of the week was correct.

Where you see thematic expression, I see an abrupt, unnatural resolution. I think Shinkai has made his obsession with loss, regret and acceptance very clear, but it is expressed in a hackneyed and contrived manner in all his films with little variation. This is tired filmmaking. In this case, a more conclusive (even fairytale) ending would have worked better because it simply doesn't suit the epic buildup.

I guess this is okay, although the characters commented on how the dreams felt so realistic. I guess I'll just have to tell myself that whatever supernatural thing was going on wouldn't allow them to perceive the date and that it was mentally blocked for them, the same way the messages started to disappear on the phone and how they suddenly couldn't recall each other's names.

I accidentally read the spoiler about them being in different points in time, and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the fill because I thought that was the big reveal, but it ended up being revealed in the middle of the film and that there was more to the plot and events that took place.

> think Shinkai has made his obsession with loss, regret and acceptance very clear, but it is expressed in a hackneyed and contrived manner in all his films with little variation.
This is all that needs to be said in any thread about Shinkai ever.

Yes.

Let me guess, you cried while watching 5cm/s, right?
Gosh, I mean the visuals were gorgeous, but the story was so cliche and annoyingly clingy that it almost ruined the visuals.

ALWAYS

>an abrupt, unnatural resolution
I don't really think so in this case. It has an element of loss to it, but it starts with that part already set up. It's still heavily about time and distance, only he added another element this time and made it central to the plot. That theme is the twisty, interwoven connections. Which is also why the pacing is the way it is. We're pretty much talking about fated, star-crossed lovers here. A "first meeting" where they find what they were looking for right from the opening scene is a fairly natural conclusion. I get if you don't like his cliches, but that's what he's done from day one. I think he did a better job of integrating them into a whole this time.

>implying KyoAni didn't find a way along with Keit-ai

Now that this is the biggest non Ghibli movie this decade do you guys think we'll have Shinkai clones coming up in the next few years by Aniplex and Bamco?

>completed: 301
>people that voted 10/10: 1061

Kyofags are just jealous that Your Name in number 1 on MAL right? That's really pathetic

Actually Koe no Katachi is doing better than everyone's expectations because its main target is otaku, anime movies really flopping right now are Kizu the new Ghibli movie.

>referencing MAL
newfaggot detected

Why are they sitting so close to the screen

Does not matter The red turtle bombed hard along with Kizu.

After 19h Sunday sessions
順位 販売数 座席数 回数 館数 先週比 映画(作品名)
*1 254646 413805 1101 218 *97.4% 君の名は。
*2 *60964 *93372 *381 101 ****** 映画 聲の形
*3 *53310 137769 *818 217 *81.3% 四月は君の嘘
*4 *47510 205779 *891 228 ****** 怒り
*5 *45539 161259 *897 238 *71.6% スーサイド・スクワッド
*6 *40960 *70151 *461 233 *99.1% シン・ゴジラ
*7 *39477 115241 *729 207 *85.0% 超高速!参勤交代 リターンズ
*8 *28266 165207 *944 238 ****** BFG ビッグ・フレンドリー・ジャイアント
*9 *22907 *53142 *358 233 *76.4% ペット
10 *13156 *66131 *475 223 *57.2% キング・オブ・エジプト

If it continues like this Kimi no Na wa will have the best 4th week of all time for a movie in Japan.

I just going to hope ITCOTW(too long) do well.

オードリー若林
「『君の名は。』を見に行ったけど
37のおっさんは感動できなかった
周りの若い子が泣いてて
泣いてんなぁと思って見てましたけど」

live action

No, you should direct your frustrations on that shota Free movie which flopped so hard it made Kyoani reluctant to give KnK the same treatment.

Too bad Shinkai didn't use someone other than RADWIMPS for these songs in the movie.

But this is getting as many screens as HS did. KyoAni would've never gone with 300/400 screens no matter what. They're just not that big. And no Shinkai isn't that big either it's just Toho that took it on.

I thought that the ending should have conclusively depicted Taki's victory. He quite literally fought against time to drag his waifu back into existence and though we know he won, it'd still be great to see something more than them just standing at a staircase in tears.

KnK deafinitely shouldve been a series. Shouko speaking was really cute though, I really expected it to give me hearing AIDS.

I think the pacing was off, but that point is mute.

7/11

The left pic looks like a titan's face from the thumbnail.

I think part of Kimi no na wa. success was because it drew a lot of non Anime fans into the theaters, it got good reception in the Japanese Media and literally everyone is talking about in the company I work for in Tokyo, my colleagues went to watch it but they wont watch Koe no Katachi they think its more for the anime fans. Also I think the artwork and Soundtrack in Kimi no na wa are better.
Fun fact I travelled trough Gifu perfecture in May this year pic shows the Hida Furukawa Station the one that is in Mizuhas hometown.

T-minus 11 months till we get a live action Kimi no na wa

Well I would think they make and OVA or even short TV series of it. There is an ad for Suntory running on TV that features some "new footage"

I understand wanting something more concrete, but I think even the ending was another part of the twist. In the beginning they wake up crying from a feeling that they've lost something. In the end the dream is over and they're crying from the joy of finally finding it.

Yes. It's normalfag bait. That's been well established.

Still better then most of the garbage they show on Japanese TV

>Outside of Kaguya Hime nothing Japan has produced this decade can be compared to the new wave of FrancoBelgian animation movies
W E W
E
W

What the hell does that have to do with anything? I don't want to watch this anymore than I do a shitty gameshow or a TV drama, and I don't want to pay to see a shitty anime when I can download a dozen shitty shows for free each season.

I did notice that, but ending it this way just seemed off-key considering Shinkai's buildup. I was genuinely expecting more of a departure from past Shinkai works than what we got. If their relationship was more platonic and there was more focus on the lore behind the bodyswaps, I would have even felt it was beautiful.

Kimi no Na wa Admissions:

Opening Sunday: 218 950
2nd Sunday: 291 933 +25%
3rd Sunday: 297 482 +2%
4th Sunday: 307 854 +3%

Biggest Fourth Weekends (Top 10)

1/ ¥1.074 billion (-05%), ¥8.41 billion - Kimi no Na wa (2016)
2/ ¥972.2 million, (-19%), ¥8.43 billion - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
3/ ¥953.2 million, (-06%), ¥8.45 billion - Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
4/ ¥940.0 million, (+06%), ¥10.75 billion - Spirited Away (2001)
5/ ¥922.9 million, (-21%), ¥8.13 billion - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
6/ ¥850.9 million, (-04%), ¥7.71 billion - Frozen (2014)
7/ ¥765.7 million, (+07%), ¥7.20 billion - Bayside Shakedown: Save the Rainbow Bridge! (2003)
8/ ¥755.2 million, (-03%), ¥7.21 billion - Ponyo (2008)
9/ ¥733.5 million, (-27%), ¥7.11 billion - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
10/ ¥683.5 million, (-27%), ¥7.45 billion - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)

>shitposting
Why though? He's not wrong you know

But if it focused on lore, how could he have melodramatic romance?

Gonna be interesting to see how it does worldwide with it screening in 80+ countries.

So, Shinkai retires now? I mean, this is it, the pinnacle of anime.

>more platonic
He wouldn't. The mentions about past Miyamizu females having similar dreams intrigues me.

I kind of think the lack of information is supposed to be part of the Shinto mystery of it. The fire that destroyed all of the records, the cyclical impacts wiping everything out, the bloodline having dreams they can't remember. I got the feeling that's how the god (the comet) works.

Hope it airs on my country, would be really nice to see it on cinema

How to tell if someone hasn't seen the movie in one post.

Holy shit.

Doubtful. Shinkai is only 43 years old. He's got a long career ahead of him.

>all this memeing with KnN and KnK
>nobody is pointing out that Anno is a washed up hack
Anno was what made Gainax, and now even he is dying.

Nigga wut? Anno was busy with Godzilla this year and it ended up getting great reviews. And he literally just stated in an interview that he's working on 4.0 right now.

>live action movie of a long lasting, popular franchise that even appeals to the old geezers of Japan
>got beat out by anime
I wouldn't be surprised if Anno went back to being depressed, but at least that means 4.0 will be good.

This Godzilla looks like the lamest thing ever. Really not sure what Japan sees in it.

inb4 he ends up bitter like Miyazaki

>Nip has shit taste
>therefore everything Moonland gobbles up is shit
>therefore top10 movies are shit too
I'm glad Kizu will be gloriously good. No one can prove me wrong.

And that's perhaps what the movie should've focused more on. Maybe there is some sort of divine struggle within the Shinto pantheon like Noragami and that's why there is a comet that wipes out life yet people can undergo time-displaced bodyswaps to potentially prevent it. Give more hint of that conflict than oblique references, flesh out the underlying lore. Now that'd have shown how Mitsuha and Taki are helpless against divine forces and even their mutual memories are left unspared, which would have made the current ending wonderful.

Shinkai could have either had more ambition in his narrative or simply sprung for the simple, feel-good angle. I felt he tried to straddle this divide and did not do too well, giving us a (nearly) typical Shinkai end. Then again, I may see things this way because I do not really like how Shinkai clumsily shoehorns >muh coincidental encounter for what is the third feature film in a row.

ITT: Kyoanifags on intense damage control

At least to realistic when you lie.

300 million yen for opening weekend is pretty good.

Saturday (top 10)

Rank/Sales/Seats/Screen/Last week ratio/Title

*1 215029 517295 1402 218 *84.3% Kimi no Na wa
*2 *75468 128237 *489 101 NEW Koe no Katachi
*3 *46497 260798 1147 228 NEW Anger
*4 *41976 216424 1190 238 *46.5% Suicide Squad
*5 *33868 169091 1015 217 *59.3% Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
*6 *32655 100944 *662 233 *70.6% Godzilla
*7 *25229 133020 *846 207 *50.3% Samurai Hustle Returns
*8 *19802 209690 1206 238  NEW The BFG
*9 *10599 *53691 *361 234 *51.0% The Secret Life of Pets
10 **9604 *91753 *658 223 *41.3% Gods of Egypt

Sunday

Rank/Sales/Seats/Screen/Last week ratio/Title

*1 310074 518758 1378 217 104.2% Kimi no Na wa
*2 *76009 118563 *486 101 ****** Koe no Katachi
*3 *56962 214519 1181 238 *75.0% Suicide Squad
*4 *56845 167941 1005 217 *82.0% Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
*5 *56641 258801 1131 228 ****** Anger
*6 *50030 100588 *661 232 109.1% Godzilla
*7 *42067 132907 *842 207 *87.1% Samurai Hustle Returns
*8 *30877 206518 1185 238 ****** The BFG
*9 *23338 *55220 *370 233 *76.2% The Secret Life of Pets
10 *15218 *92285 *666 223 *62.3% Gods of Egypt

I'm falling intensely in love with Mitsuha.

>300 million yen
128237 seats = roughly 150 million yen

No +150 000 seats sold and ticket prices are around 1800 Yen.

It's actually closer to 280Mil on opening weekend. The number will be out tomorrow morning anyways.

Ma nigga.

>Haruhi suffocated
Are you retarded or just Cred Forumsermin poster

Haruhi legit killed any chance of Japan moving away from late night Otaku focus in anime.

>ill flop even with that endorsement
I can't see it flopping based on current data, actual confirmed flops goes to Shaft and Ghibli

Godzilla premiered a month before Kimi no Na wa so it makes sense that its box office numbers are starting to decline. The fact that it's still in the top 10 after nearly two months is still impressive.

That said, Kimi no Na wa undeniably is an even greater success since it's a brand new IP competing against a 60+ year old franchise.

Yotsuha is the best loli this year tbh.

It beat Harry Potter, Ghibli, and Disney for all time 4th Weekends in the Japanese box office... HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

>Maybe there is some sort of divine struggle within the Shinto pantheon like Noragami and that's why there is a comet that wipes out life yet people can undergo time-displaced bodyswaps to potentially prevent it. Give more hint of that conflict than oblique references, flesh out the underlying lore
This is a teen love story, not a supernatural fantasy shonen fighting manga. Not everything needs to delve into the lore and workings of its supernatural elements.

>Haruhi legit killed any chance of Japan moving away from late night Otaku focus in anime.
How that Haruhi did anything like that?late night Anime has at least one big hit each decade Haruhi wasn't the first and will not be the last.

You're overthinking this. Part of the appeal behind the supernatural elements is the enigma surrounding them. It was better that the film focused on how Taki and Mitsuha responded to the supernatural elements and the general interactions of the characters rather than wasting time on infodumping. Sometimes its better to keep things enigmatic and leave things up to the viewer's interpretation

The red turtle performed quite well in France and in Belguim. You know the countries where it was marketed in. And the US release is close so it'll do even better.
Haruhi made the LN craze an industry standard. Before Haruhi aired the industry had tried to partner with foreign talent to do some less otaku focused shows but Haruhi showed them that Otaku still had big spending bucks.

>mfw Koe no Katashit isn't trending
>mfw Re:zero is trending above this steaming pile of shit

Feels good.

>Haruhi made the LN craze an industry standard. Before Haruhi aired the industry had tried to partner with foreign talent
And they failed hard, the future of anime lies inside japanese market as it supposed to be, while Haruhi increased the number of LN adaptations it wasn't the first sucessfull LN adaptation

Nice.

Didn't Koe no Katachi get less than half the theaters Kimo no na Wa did?

1/3rd actually.

Then why would one compare the two other than to shitpost? If they both had the same number and one beat the other then I get it, but if one has that many less theaters then whats the point of comparing them? Isn't it expected that the one with more theaters would sell more?

Because/a/ wants to shitpost. Doesn't matter that KnK is outpacing even GuP this weekend.

Why didn't they get more then, if Kyoani has as much clout as its cultists seem to believe.

Fuck if I know. I'm not even a Kyoanifag. I'm just saying what my post says.

Because it's still a late night production company. Had they had TOHO as a producer they could've opened this on as many as 400 screens. The Kimi no Uso got a boost today because people went to see KnK and the screenings were already full. Also KnK would have much more screening come school year thanks to MEXT.

>the screenings were already full
Isolated incidents aren't representative of every theater.

With almost 2/3 of all available tickets sold, this is hardly an isolated incident.

>Kyoani has as much clout as its cultists seem to believe.
No one ever said that, Kyoani probably wishes to get some normalfag audience but its main target audience is mostly otaku, KnK also has less mainstream appeal than Your Name, that's obvious.

So baseball crew cut settles for the homely and plain childhood friend instead of hitting that sweet Mitsuha pussy.

Reports only came from a few theaters. There's no evidence from the others.

I love it when anime includes settings based on real life places.

I do really like Yumetourou and Zen Zen Zense. I can't think of any other recent soundtracks I've enjoyed like this one.

Why do I get the feeling that Re:Zero is one of those overrated entry level shows that caters to seasonal garbage eaters?

The fuck are you talking about? Taki reunites with Christmas Cake Mitsuha and are probably gonna get married and fuck like rabbits.

Of course it did. I loved it so much I literally bought the physical album and had it imported via PlayAsia. Yes. I bought a fucking CD in an age where all music is online. That's how much I fucking love this movie and it's soundtrack.

Because it is.

What's it even about?

Isekai show with waifubait.

>my face when the ending song hits

I legit want to kill myself right now. Cried like a bitch, i'll admit it. Reminded me of my ex and my past, fuck this movie.

Ugh, now that Shinkai is mainstream normalfag's new idol, guess I'm going to miss the occasional comfy Shinkai threads.

>frogshit
>le normalfag bogeyman

Both of you fuck off.
>>>/r9k

What's the top one?

nigga are you serious

>comfy Shinkai threads.
Regardless of his new mainstream appeal, he's always been shit on here.

This reminds me. Why hasn't Disney done an animated film about Princess Orihime or Princess Kaguya?

Kaguya was a strait up bitch while Orihime has a sad ending.

They're afraid it'll get called a Kubo ripoff.

You could at least have a decent Shinkai discussion with people shitting on 5cm/s because what they were saying wasn't always off base or just shitposting. Even after Garden discussion was fine. The earliest discussions of Kimi no Na Wa (as long as we don't count keitai shitposting the same as kimi discussion) after its release got few responses but were civil. For the past week they've gotten huge and gone full blown shitfest. I'm not sure whether to attribute that to the fact that it's more popular than expected and thus even more polarizing or because Koe no Katachi came out in temporal proximity and shitters have more fuel to post like retards with.

Learn to link before trying to call others out, pathetic newfuck.

Ghibli already did Kaguya. Leave the animated adaptations of Japanese folklore to the Japanese. We already have enough Mouseshit.

It's called a typo faggot.

This movie was pretty and decent. I remember enjoying it when I watched it but I don't remember 70% of it anymore. Characters were pretty meh. I also guess you have carte blanche to write any plot progression or drama elemetns you want whenever you include TIME as a plot element, but half of that time with cheesy 'old grandma' phrases could have been spent making their attachment to each other more believable; or building any other characters to be any better. Most of the scenic elements have already been conflated in my memory with the other stuff he's done. Better than most stuff still, but maybe that makes it even less memorable to me.. /blog

>Try to find some body swap on Pixiv to jerk off to
>80% of it is fan art to this film
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So Cred Forums how was it?

tl;dr. Nice blogpost faggot.

>3D

Bad.

so can i watch this anywhere in not-shit quality yet?

Yes, a cheap one way flight to Japan might cost you somewhere around 1k and 1.5k dollars.

>Kimi no Na wa
3 more months untill blu ray

At this rate it will still be on theaters when the BD is released.

ok but how much are the movie tickets over there?

Oh you mean you want on topic discussion even if it's people shitting on his inability to tell a story?

Yeah, any time sales get involved it's game over.

>teen love story

It isn't doing a good job of being one, then, between Shinkai's pacing and blue-ball pyrrhic victory ending. Only the characters save it.

The problem was that the 'enigma' wasn't a really good one.

> le obligatory fit in meme
> am i cool yet onii chan?

half-brazilian you newfriend

¥‎1,800 at the Toho Cinema near my place. You can get them cheaper on Mondays due to some AU (KDDI) promotion, and there are probably other discount deals that I just don't bother with.

What's wrong with it? It was an idea rooted in Shinto mythology with great buildup if you were paying attention from the beginning.

If the enigma was a conscious decision to put the focus on Taki and Mitsuha's relationship, it didn't serve its purpose well. The movie tried to juggle being something far more ambitious with the supernatural elements and a superficial, cute romance, but doesn't excel.

No he hasn't. We've had decent Shinkai threads back when he was still known mainly for 5cm.

Then Keit-Ai meme posters came and fucked everything up when one of them made that fake Keit-Ai trailer on YouTube out of Shinkai's short video Mottainai.

Suddenly everything made by Shinkai was associated with Keit-Ai thanks to that faggot.

Then Kimi no Na wa was announced and Keit-Ai posters grasped at straws with the early plot details to make more Keit-Ai posts, then the movie came out and received immense critical and commercial acclaim, which attracted even more shitposters and contrarians, resulting in what we're seeing in this thread right.

Well that's just your opinion as most people who have seen the movie loved it and were more than satisfied with the story.

>Shinkai's short video Mottainai
He didn't even direct that short.

I know that, it's just two princess stories ripe for the adapting for Disney and was curious as to why they haven't even tried them yet.

Lets just be thankful that it hasn't happened yet. I am so fucking sick of Disney.

They've permanently ruined Star Wars, that's for sure.

Are there any without it?