How do you feel about Space Battleship Yamato 2199?

How do you feel about Space Battleship Yamato 2199?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzWfu3STLtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY
youtube.com/watch?v=4qfYKSFW3H8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I watched the original before it was cool, so I didn't care 2199 and never watched it. However, I did see the CG animation for spaceships in 2199, and it was typical ugly as shit anime CG.

>I watched the original before it was cool
You watched Starblazers in the 80s?

It's excellent in pretty much every front. The KOKIA song makes my ears cum

Watch it please. It's very good actually.

>never watched it
Thank you for confirming you didn't watch it after all, ape.

He's the same shitposter that comes into every Yamato 2199 thread rambling on about how great the original is and calling anyone who likes the remake a secondary. Hide, report and ignore.

>CG
>good

kill yourself

> I didn't watch it but it's shit
Off yourself nigger

The battle scenes were awesome, and I really enjoyed seeing the development from the enemies side. However I don't like Kodai or his live interest. The soundtrack is 12/10 tho.

UCHUU SENKAN YAMATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's a big big poopie.

It is enjoyable but I don't like several aspects. Several "main" character seem purposeless (Kodai's brown friend). Overuse of character death-teasing to create cheap thriller even with the guys that I think they are expendable (that casanova pilot and the bridge-bunny's boyfriend) and at the end only the captain, Hazama and some ugly nameless extras got kill off. I also don't like the red herring that make it seem like the main girl is important but in the end she become irrelevant damsel in distress.

Hazama/Gin(the racist prick) is best boy. Wish he was given more backstory. In fact I felt that both human and alien villain are more interesting and sympathetic than the "good guy" crew.

At least the ships move around in 2199 instead of being the same stills over and over again with some random pew pew pew.

I love this guy.

If I remember correctly, Yuki was flung out of Dessler's ship which was about to destroy his own planet. However, when Kodai found her she was only spinning in place. Did she perhaps have some equipment on her to help her move in space? If not I can't really find a good explanation to why she wouldn't be moving along the same direction she was flung to at the same speed. Maybe the junk from Dessler's ship was able to hit her and through chance stop her, though that'd most likely cause her some kind of damage (and from what I remember she wasn't). What's your thoughts on this, did I just miss something important?

I enjoyed the original but not as much as I enjoyed Harlock or 999. Should I pick this up?

That's useless information. Just try it if you like Space Operas.

>they didn't even hand draw something as iconic as the Wave Motion Gun
Severely disappointed.
I live in the real world, I knew it would all be CGI but I hoped that at the very least something as quintessential as that would be done by hand.

Started my love of Delicious Brown

It was pretty darn good, looking forward to 2017 with the comet empire

I downloaded it yesterday but I'll probably watch the original before checking out the remake considering I've heard good things about both.

Favourite OST

Honestly fantastic, I loved every second, can't wait for 2017

The last episode was fucking bullshit, no one can deny that.

You're a fucking idiot. Literally nothing is hand drawn today.

You'll probably drop the original after one episode after seeing how dated the animation is.

Overall it was a solid 9/10. I only dock it because the love intrest shit sucked donkey dick

no need for that shit

rewatched Yamato '74 last year and it was insanely good. Only one padding episode.

neo-Matsumoto should be deleted

I could dump a few...
But the hate is off putting.

The attention to details is pretty damn nice.

And damn right he was!

What's so difficult about hide, report ignore?

There's the shitposter who calls everyone secondaries, and the retard who keeps trying to critique the series and failing. It's not hard to ignore.

Nothing.
I was about to dump anyway.

See, the Space Zero.

Completed the original a few days ago and was actually pretty shocked how they just went full genocide at the end. A solid 8/10.

I prefer the Garm book, to be honest.

Nothing in a particular order, or sense.

I feel like, if I was a little kid, it would be the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Grand scale plot that took itself seriously and progressed without hiccups. I can appreciate it for that, but I couldn't really get in to it and drop it by around episode 5. Just didn't have anything to hold my attention. I'm open to being sold on picking it back up though.

It had one of the cutest girls to ever be animated along with a great seiyuu and a cheap-as-fuck quality figure.

Well, if you like to see dirtskins removed...

Anyone watched the 3dcg movie?

Best girl Akira does best girl things, like being a fucking badass while the "main girl" does nothing but be an incompetent retard.

Stupid sexy heavy fighter.

>drips
Biggus Dickus

I'm kinda mad the Comet people got their ships downgraded to 3D for the movie.

Non-Harlock is a cool guy anyway.

Their was hand drawn fire in Mob Pyscho just the other day.

Checkmate Atheists.

Also once in a great while the nips will hand draw textures over cgi models instead of shitting out something that looks like Reboot 20 years ago.

Haven't watched it yet

Felt pretty okay. Gave me a Star Trek vibe at times, which was interesting. It was nice to watch a space-themed anime that didn't revolve around mecha for once.

Dessler's fleet hitting its targets? Impossible.

Has he actually seen it I wonder?

Retarded clown fiesta. Japs cannot into sci-fi.

Not him, but I did, as well.

Saw the movies and then the original series later. All had their ups and downs.

I also saw 2199, and I like the update - It has a better-rounded crew, as well as a few more females. Having just one female being nurse, comms, etc. that needed a woman was just wrong, and this fixes that up (though they should have made the nurse another doctor, but I digress)

Wait wtf they rebooted this series? Why?
The old one was fucking perfect why did they have to ruin it

It was absolute fucking garbage

Watch the series first.

Just as mediocre as any other remake done ever.

It was a mediocre show to begin with playing on all the generic memes of the day - blue skinned aliens, sexy alien chicks, muh powerful Earthian ship, muh superior human tactics, remaking in in the 2000s didn't make it any less bland or formulaic.

Being in anime form doesn't make it less of a copypaste.

The 80's, I watched it in the 70's seeing as it was first released for US TV in 1978.
And I just dated myself with that post.
Yeah, I'm an old man.

I liked the reboot as well as it fixes some of the flawed ideas of the original. I mean come on Gamilions on Titan without a face mask? But the original has some great moments, it's a legend.

Never saw the original, but I really enjoyed 2199.
Starsha a sexy.

I watched the movie in anime club, but I don't remember it having ecchi

Post your old people hands as proof.

Amazing journey, garbage ending. Blonde bitch shoulda stayed dead.

>implying

I feel like Starsha needed more screentime. She's a fucking goddess of fertility. I was so envious when i learned that Godai's brother impregnated her.

youtube.com/watch?v=dzWfu3STLtQ

all traditionalist fags should be killed like Jews in Nazi Germany

Too bad he survived in the old version. Laughable writing.

that's not a good thing when their movement is horribly distracting and takes you out of the story because it looks so ugly since it doesn't pair well with the rest of the animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY

youtube.com/watch?v=4qfYKSFW3H8