credforums.com/thread/147314175/anime
gwu.edu/~eall/vjg/07transitivity1/07transitivity1.html
ir.lib.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/00022940
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_Japanese_language
sljfaq.org/afaq/radical-names.html
youtube.com/watch?v=R7N8IBanV88
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Randompage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Game#Variations
reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/3m2jxn/i_am_making_a_presentation_for_my_japanese_class/
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17554330
youtube.com/watch?v=Nk7hQW9xxN4
youtu.be/9czMIFIL28E
youtube.com/watch?v=nVsBpq0hVGI
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/福澤諭吉
youtube.com/watch?v=RBlG5AXcb-k
youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=413842
youtube.com/watch?v=o2dgcUWbpWo

Jackson Baker
Jackson Baker

Just wanted to thank the user that recommened Aozora yesterday. If you guys are looking for a repository of free literature, it's pretty fantastic.

www.aozora.gr.jp/

Nicholas Jackson
Nicholas Jackson

no title
no previous thread
本当に役に立たずやつだなーお前

Jordan Gray
Jordan Gray

le everything is dead

Ryan Kelly
Ryan Kelly

You make a new one then, faglord.

Aiden Perry
Aiden Perry

le

kek
normie
How does this thread attract this shit?

Adam Fisher
Adam Fisher

But I use Vivaldi

Aaron Clark
Aaron Clark

What do I do now that I mastered kana? Do I start kanji or do I a grammar guide?

Alexander Rivera
Alexander Rivera

Both
Grammar guide has kanji for you
Alternatively, genki has everything you need

Carson Wilson
Carson Wilson

Wanikani is probably your best bet bro.

Alexander Murphy
Alexander Murphy

Did you read the DJT guide?

Caleb Lewis
Caleb Lewis

Shouldn't it be 立たざるやつ?
I believe that's the proper 連体形.

Cameron Nelson
Cameron Nelson

立たずなやつ

が自然なくっつきかただよ

Jeremiah Flores
Jeremiah Flores

(私は)魚「を」食べられます。
(私は)魚「が」食べられます。

Could someone explain to me nuance here? Don't they exactly mean the same thing?

Nathaniel Cooper
Nathaniel Cooper

Previous thread : credforums.com/thread/147314175/anime

John Morgan
John Morgan

勉強になりました
なんかいもうとさんの気配

Juan Walker
Juan Walker

ちょっとおかしかったよ

ふたつAnkiしてね

役立たずなやつ
役に立たないやつ

どっちもいけるんじゃないかなあとおもうよ

魚を食べられるかどうかを説明する状況になったことがないから

どっちもおかしいきがするよ

Julian Harris
Julian Harris

Yes, but が is the grammatically correct one.

Christopher Gutierrez
Christopher Gutierrez

5:50
gwu.edu/~eall/vjg/07transitivity1/07transitivity1.html
says both are correct though.

Christopher Torres
Christopher Torres

If you guys are looking for a repository of free literature, it's pretty fantastic.
We know. And you would have known as well even without being told had you only read the guide.

Kevin Campbell
Kevin Campbell

(魚を食べ)(られます)
(魚が)(食べられます)

Elijah Turner
Elijah Turner

They both sound understandable, and especially in speech you'll hear を with potential forms a lot. But according to prescriptive grammar it's incorrect. Potential verbs describe a state of being and don't take direct objects.

Ryan Baker
Ryan Baker

passives are what describe a state of being

potentials are OK to take a direct object; it just goes inside of the potentiality as in

William Bennett
William Bennett

It's "okay" but according to prescriptive rules it's incorrect. It's a rule everyone breaks until it becomes natural-sounding to do so, like double negatives or something in English, but it's still incorrect. He was asking what the difference is, and that's it.

Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith

prescriptivist rules are not actually the language

the difference is not "this one breaks prescriptivist rules". they actually register differently in terms of syntax inside the native japanese mind (at least ones that haven't been brainwashed into believing made-up versions of grammar; see people who cringe about splitting infinitives in english because it "feels wrong")

Zachary Sanders
Zachary Sanders

why should i learn japanese?
besides being able to read manga and watch anime without subtitles

Jose Martinez
Jose Martinez

If you don't know the answer yourself you're likely to give up so don't bother starting.

Nolan Morris
Nolan Morris

ok thanks

Austin Fisher
Austin Fisher

壁際まで追い詰めて顎をコキャッとすること

What's コキャッ?

Angel Rodriguez
Angel Rodriguez

Nothing I've said has been wrong. Potential verbs describe a state of being.

私ができます
私が泳げます
私が食べられます

日本語ができます
漢字が読めます

But sometimes a potential verbs needs to specify both a subject and an object, and there are two ways to do so, plus a shortened version where the second particle is omitted.

私は魚が食べられません
私は魚を食べられません
私は魚食べられません

All of them are more or less the same, and a matter of personal preference. But を is technically incorrect; it's a way to go around the rules. I'm not saying he shouldn't use を because it's prescriptively incorrect. I'm just informing him what the difference is.

Jace Martin
Jace Martin

草食系

Can't decide if the second definition is insinuating that not pursuing women is peaceable, and if that would make the writer a MGTOW or a confused cuck with cognitive dissonance.

Dylan Gomez
Dylan Gomez

You have been wrong. を isn't correct, just like splitting infinitives in english isn't correct. Just because it doesn't make sense with misunderstandings of classical grammar, doesn't mean it's wrong. They're not going around the rules. It's one thing to say that something is prescriptively incorrect, but it's another to say something like

It's a rule everyone breaks until it becomes natural-sounding to do so

when nothing of the sort is going on whatsoever.

You seem to have a deep misunderstanding of how the japanese case system actually works psychologically, probably based on prescribed grammar. を is not marking a direct object of 食べられます in the first place. 魚を食べ is being potentialized. The same underlying psychology that causes this to happen is the same underlying psychology that cause the passive and potential to merge in so-called "ru" verbs in the first place.

Asher Sanchez
Asher Sanchez

And you've done nothing but move this argument into realms of theoretical concepts like when you say "prescriptivist rules are not actually the language" or "deep misunderstanding of how the japanese case system actually works psychologically".

If that's the only difference, then what's the difference in psychology between日本語ができる and 日本語をできる? How does the Japanese mind, which you obviously have some insight into, interpret these two concepts?

Brayden Sanchez
Brayden Sanchez

And you've done nothing but move this argument into realms of theoretical concepts like when you say "prescriptivist rules are not actually the language"
Prescriptivist rules are literally theoretical concepts.
"deep misunderstanding of how the japanese case system actually works psychologically".
You mean the actual language?

If that's the only difference
I never said it was the only difference. Telling you that your explanation about prescriptivist grammar is not useful doesn't mean that prescriptivist grammar does not view these things this way. Prescriptivists may be offended by を being used here. That doesn't mean they're right.

This is like talking to an ESL that seriously believes with all conviction that "they" cannot be a singular pronoun. Jesus christ.

what's the difference in psychology between日本語ができる and 日本語をできる? How does the Japanese mind, which you obviously have some insight into, interpret these two concepts?
Here's your starter pack: ir.lib.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/en/00022940

Christian Watson
Christian Watson

hear about tsuredure children
hey why not, let's check it out
I can actually read and understand it without looking anything up

I CAN DO IT

Jordan Murphy
Jordan Murphy

みんな何を話しているの

うんこ?うんこだよねうんこ

Isaiah Bennett
Isaiah Bennett

oishii?

Dominic Robinson
Dominic Robinson

その様ですぜ

Thomas James
Thomas James

This is like talking to an ESL ... Jesus christ.
Fuck you too.

Your explanation that "魚を食べ is being potentialized" isn't any more helpful than mine. It can't even be applied to cases like できる.

This が vs. を thing occurs in the case of i-adjectives as well, as in 何を食べたい? Even though i-adjectives are not supposed to take direct objects, in casual speech such constructions are possible. This is the same sort of thing.

Evan Cooper
Evan Cooper

左様
俺様はちょーかっけえでございます
申し訳ねーぞ

Wyatt Wright
Wyatt Wright

stop that

Nicholas Williams
Nicholas Williams

Your explanation that "魚を食べ is being potentialized" isn't any more helpful than mine.
It's much more useful to someone that actually wants to understand the language.

It can't even be applied to cases like できる.
That's because できる isn't a potential of する. できる is its own verb. It's just a stand-in for する not having a potential.

This が vs. を thing occurs in the case of i-adjectives as well, as in 何を食べたい? Even though i-adjectives are not supposed to take direct objects, in casual speech such constructions are possible. This is the same sort of thing.
Yes, it's the same sort of thing. 何を食べ is being conjugated, not 食べ. Remember: japanese does not have an infinitival phrase system like english does, so something like "I want (to eat food)" has no syntactical equivalent. Bear in mind that english's infinitival phrase system is literally batshit insane compared to all other germanic languages, and even romance languages.

Japanese is able to attach inflections to entire phrases. That has always been a well-known property of japanese among linguists. It doesn't surprise anyone at all. Except, of course, people who literally make up incomplete and deluded theories of grammar based on very limited patterns.

Landon Williams
Landon Williams

それは見えないぜ。書き方ちょっと堅苦しいと思いますぜ。

何故でしょうか

Grayson Johnson
Grayson Johnson

This is like talking to an ESL ... Jesus christ.
Fuck you too.
you missed the part where he talked about insufferable made-up beliefs of english like you have for japanese

Zachary Powell
Zachary Powell

私がゲイじゃなくて良かった

私はゲイじゃないと言える人です

なんてこった

Anthony Gomez
Anthony Gomez

this was a good post

what was the mistake

Jace Wood
Jace Wood

Thanks friends, this kind of intelligent and constructive discussion is a positive contribution to the thread. By debating this, you bring up intelligent points regarding the Japanese language and onlookers are able to gain new insights they would otherwise have missed out on. Certainly a nice change from the effortless shitposting certain other posters do.

Bentley Rogers
Bentley Rogers

私のちんこをしゃぶるという仕事に戻りなさいチアガール

Hunter Allen
Hunter Allen

全部の自閉カキコながすぎて読みませんでした。そして隠しました。わーい (*´▽`*)

Jack Rivera
Jack Rivera

告白したい

James Smith
James Smith

今現在私は彼女がいますけど

Easton Kelly
Easton Kelly

あたしなら君なんて認めないよ

Ayden Hernandez
Ayden Hernandez

この私のちんこの前に立ってるなら足が揺れるすぐしゃぶる

Luke Lee
Luke Lee

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_Japanese_language

Are there any edgelords who write LNs/VNs in this shit?

Ethan Kelly
Ethan Kelly

subahibi have some bible excerpts and shit in something similar

Isaiah Reed
Isaiah Reed

No it doesn't. It's entirely written in modern language.

Joseph Nelson
Joseph Nelson

koji kumeta and nisio isin

Robert Cox
Robert Cox

そこなる山べに、おびただしき豚の群れ、飼われありしかば、悪霊ども、その豚に入ること許せと願えり……。
イエス許したもう。
悪霊ども、人より出でて豚に入りたれば、その群れ、崖より湖に駆けくだり溺る……。
牧者ども、起きしこと見るや、逃げ行きて町にも村にも告げたり……。
人びと、起こりしことを見んとて、出でてイエスのもとに来たり、悪霊の離れし人の、衣服をつけ、心もたしかにて、イエスの足もとに坐しておるのを見て懼れあえり……。
悪霊につかれたる人癒えしさま見し者、これを彼らに告げたり……。

Yeah, no

Jeremiah Wilson
Jeremiah Wilson

subahibi is actually just written in average fourth grader tongue to suit its audience

Anthony Gomez
Anthony Gomez

Good that you know how to use google, now actually read it before spouting retarded shit.

Hudson Adams
Hudson Adams

I have read it. How would I know that was in there if I hadn't read it? I don't get it what you are trying to say.

Joseph Ramirez
Joseph Ramirez

おはようおにいちゃん

かいものいくんだけど

なにかかってくるものある?

Jack Williams
Jack Williams

あまりに児童書のことを深く考えないでねバクショウ

Jackson Martinez
Jackson Martinez

Does kanjitomo work okay on linux?

Bentley Lewis
Bentley Lewis

児童書
んんだとぉ?てめえ殴るぞ

Cooper Mitchell
Cooper Mitchell

work okay on linux?
dont you guys just write a gui for tesseract

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

Lol no.

Owen James
Owen James

I still don't really get what 適当 means, seems to have a pretty weird alien meaning, can anyone help explain it to me?

Dylan Bell
Dylan Bell

てきとう
appropriate (amount)

てきとー
as much as you want

t. imouto

Alexander Rogers
Alexander Rogers

I suck big fat hairy ballsacks

t. imouto

Sebastian Wilson
Sebastian Wilson

it works but the gui is very buggy

Isaac Taylor
Isaac Taylor

I took J-CAT today and I'm disappointed at no improvement in the score between this and the last time I took the test. I've spent about 120 hours on grinding vocab in Anki, 100 hours on listening, and about 300 hours on reading between February and now. Why there's no improvement in the score? What should I focus on now?

Christian Smith
Christian Smith

What should I focus on now?
How about the things that you had trouble with in the test you dumb nigger

Isaiah Myers
Isaiah Myers

Who needs guis?
Write your own script to do whatever you want with the data. Send it to your webbrowser even so you can use it with rikaichan.
The sky's the limit

Landon Hernandez
Landon Hernandez

What were the last 5 things you finished reading and how long did you take to finish reading them respectively?

Levi Gray
Levi Gray

it's the self-adjustment noise

starting strong makes the test harder so you see less of a dramatic difference than would be intuitive

Connor Allen
Connor Allen

kanjitomo revolves around visually selecting the desired kanji

Adam Adams
Adam Adams

It's hard because there's isn't a single words that means the same thing in English. Without just using the words from the dictionary which you've seen already, it means something like "as one would expect in such a situation normally", or "As one would normally do" or "without thinking too much about it because it doesn't matter, just do something"

For example
適当に答える => Answer in a "standard" way, for example 元気ですよ would be a 適当 answer to 元気ですか?And 元気ですか is itself a 適当 question to ask someone when greeting them.

Bentley Lopez
Bentley Lopez

I've read all of Konosuba. I'm on the third book of Rokudenashi. It took about 2 months.

Isaac Bell
Isaac Bell

それなら、かわいい天使をかってください

Austin Long
Austin Long

I'd say work on grammar because you didn't mention working on that since last time, but it's important

Ryan Baker
Ryan Baker

Perhaps it's what you're reading? Tests like the J-CAT seem to focus on functional and proper language in daily life and business settings. That's what I've seen from my attempts at the JLPT and J-CAT anyway.

Perhaps fewer moeges and more business-related stuff?

Jose Sanchez
Jose Sanchez

Are there any business related moeges?

Noah Sanders
Noah Sanders

Please help. Last time I'll ask.

Camden Phillips
Camden Phillips

I love you people

Nicholas Morales
Nicholas Morales

狼と香辛料 ?

Landon Cruz
Landon Cruz

Yes, 働くオトナの恋愛事情

Jacob Rogers
Jacob Rogers

Thanks.

Hunter James
Hunter James

おとうふかってきた

あの昔のアニメ

オープニングとエンディングの

曲がいいかんじだよね

Jeremiah Flores
Jeremiah Flores

It looks like it means grabbing and maybe breaking someone's neck

Zachary Morgan
Zachary Morgan

From my ventures into more business-oriented documents (I intend to start using this to make money soon), fiction seems like the final boss insofar as language that your average native speaker would understand. If you've gone through Core 6k and are used to reading visual novels, business documents are going to be a complete joke by comparison.

Owen Turner
Owen Turner

A sound effect most likely, probably the sound of something opening up, like a cabinet? There's a few dictionaries for japanese sound effects, just find one and look it up

Lucas Nelson
Lucas Nelson

So you took 7 months to read 10 LN volumes? I think you should be finishing them faster than that, especially since -- correct me if I'm wrong -- these types of LN authors tend to reuse vocabulary.

I dunno if the deck you posted is your mining deck or all your Japanese flashcards cumulative but it's seriously not okay to have a backlog almost exactly the same size as the cards you've seen. First off you're not even doing any new cards in the first place, so fix that and do 30 new cards a day if you're serious about seeing progress. Secondly I'd recommend that you either delete your entire backlog of mined vocab or sift through it for words that you think that you're likely to forget.

I honestly think that your biggest problem here is vocabulary. You're reading LNs fine but you're either looking up words on every single page and then forgetting them or worse, not understanding them at all. You need to hammer that vocab into your head and the most efficient way to do so is more Anki.

For reference, here's my Anki stats when I got ~220 on the JCAT. I scored ~250 6 months later.

Just do core

Jose Allen
Jose Allen

How hard is it?

Dylan Thomas
Dylan Thomas

Let me check.

... Yep, it's Japanese.

Jose Hall
Jose Hall

fug

Carson Williams
Carson Williams

あれも漫画だよ

Hunter Morales
Hunter Morales

私のゲイ液ちゃんと飲み干してね

Aaron Green
Aaron Green

If you use "ESL" as an insult I'll pretty much disregard your entire post and think of you as insignificant trash. Is there that many closed-minded rednecks in US?

I understand people on Cred Forums usually have a lot of self-esteem problems in stock but that shit is getting ridiculous at times - as well as particularly ironic considering you're all here trying to learn the language of the most racist nation there is.

Leo Williams
Leo Williams

It took 2 months to read about 12 books. Konosuba was much easier than Rokudenashi.
I'm doing Core 10k, my mining deck with kanji compounds and hone kanji that I've already know.
I do reps every day, but I do new cards only when I have time.

Austin Perry
Austin Perry

whats ironic is you were born from a womans asshole and not the pussy

Alexander Mitchell
Alexander Mitchell

but I do new cards only when I have time
lol what the fuck am I reading

Luis Bell
Luis Bell

This. I've once been called an ESL for telling a burger to write "would've" instead of "would of". They're nuts.

Anthony Cooper
Anthony Cooper

i wish you would of not facilitated that awful poster

Hunter Murphy
Hunter Murphy

Reminder to report Jamal for shitting up the thread :

Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis

エンディング
英語でしょう?いいの?

Ryder Cruz
Ryder Cruz

muh boogeyman
fuck off retard

Zachary Sanders
Zachary Sanders

fuck off retard

Levi Sullivan
Levi Sullivan

It doesn't change the fact that you are at this moment being toxic to the thread and deserved the banhammer.

Justin Thompson
Justin Thompson

if you have time to shitpost don't say you can't do new cards fucking idiot lmao kys

Jason Richardson
Jason Richardson

Preach it

Evan Johnson
Evan Johnson

Has anybody plaid nobunaga's ambition?

Is it actually historically accurate when it comes to nipnongchin history?

Sebastian Perez
Sebastian Perez

you are not objective and you are not a good poster

face it and stop being a thread derailing baby

Alexander Rivera
Alexander Rivera

"Are there that many rednecks"

イーエスエルくん

Caleb Ortiz
Caleb Ortiz

I do reps every day, but I do new cards only when I have time.

Found your problem. If you don't do new cards you're not learning.

Is there that many closed-minded rednecks in US?
people on Cred Forums
the most racist nation there is

Hi leddit. You fail to understand that the problem is not with people being ESL, it's with people being ESL and having shitty English. Read a fucking book you monkey.

William Edwards
William Edwards

ESL
as EOP i find it hilarious these terms are somehow insulting
and japan isn't that racist unless you're also asian and not japanese

Isaac Garcia
Isaac Garcia

I do 50 new cards a day.
lmao kys
Are you 15?

Not until you either leave or get banned.

Levi Lewis
Levi Lewis

イーエスエルくん
I'd love to hear you pronouncing this shit, with your broken English accent and whatnot.

Justin Jones
Justin Jones

I knew someone would point it out the second I posted. Good job Burger-kun.

No you're wrong stop posting horseshit.

Jose King
Jose King

Yeah, plug your ears and keep telling yourself that.

Easton Thompson
Easton Thompson

you are not objective
Being objective means shit on this reddit-ridden neo-Cred Forums. We've had a newfag whose あ looked like shit, someone pointed that out and was called an asshole, even though it was objective truth.

Fucking SJWs.

Benjamin Campbell
Benjamin Campbell

credforums.com/thread/147314175/anime

Luke Lee
Luke Lee

I've encountered 適当 for the first time at age of 12.
Until then, we(children) had usually used てきとー or テキトー as meaning "flaky, irresponsible, lazy, unreliable".
But kanji 適当 is just the opposite meaning.

And Japanese junior high school examination uses 適当.
ex:次の中から適当な答えを選びなさい。
Choose the correct answer from the next.

I've got all questions wrong. Lol

Gabriel Gomez
Gabriel Gomez

assumes that they must be American, despite bottomless examples of non-American cultural elitists, trolls, and shitposters all over the site... you possibly being one of them
accuses others of being closed minded

Irony.

Also, I wouldn't call Japan racist as a nation, though a postmodernist would, in their closed minded addiction to political correctness, try to boil some of the things that they do down to racism while throwing out troublesome things like nuance.

You can't make close friends!

Because they don't move around a lot. In such communities, people's closest friends are generally decided at childhood. Find foreigners or natives who weren't raised in the region where you live, and you'll have better luck.

It'll also help if you get good enough at the language that people can connect with you. Retreating into your little conclave of the English-speaking world after work is not a good way to make Japanese friends.

They have strict immigration policies!

Because they're smart enough to realize that importing troublemakers, idiots, poor people, and those with no respect for their culture means importing crime, stupidity, poverty, and the destruction of their values and way of life, respectively. They also realize that opening the valve too much means that you lose the ability to stop the latter. That's not the same thing as inherently having a low opinion of people who are born to a particular heritage, which is what racism means.

Nolan Bailey
Nolan Bailey

Hi leddit. You fail to understand that the problem is not with people being ESL, it's with people being ESL and having shitty English. Read a fucking book you monkey.
I mean this is obvious - if they were ESL but had the level of an English native, there would be no issue and we wouldn't even notice. The problem is the arrogant ESLs who think their English is perfect, when it's ridden with obvious mistakes that give the text an aura of being written by a 5 year old or mentally retarded person. Sadly there are far too many of them around, such as the person you're relying to.

Michael Fisher
Michael Fisher

特別自閉症精鋭軍発信爆笑

Charles Ward
Charles Ward

with obvious mistakes that give the text an aura of being written by a 5 year old or mentally retarded person
t. faggot who can only read moege written completely in hiragana

Wyatt Morales
Wyatt Morales

people who shitpost in DJT
knowing any japanese at all
That goes for you too.

Thomas Robinson
Thomas Robinson

can you make that same reply at your previous posts itt as well please

Daniel Gomez
Daniel Gomez

I don't recall claiming to know japanese, butthurt-kun. Despite, my only previous post was

Isaac Hughes
Isaac Hughes

ふんいきがいいとおもうよ

オープニングのひんやり加減と

エンディングのほっこり加減が

いいかんじにバランスがとれているとおもうよ

Carson Morgan
Carson Morgan

At least I'm not a burger.

Jackson King
Jackson King

Anyone have any advice for someone learning radicals? It's not like I'm having any problems but I feel like I could be doing better.

Isaiah Rodriguez
Isaiah Rodriguez

either use something really barebones like the kangxi radicals deck in the CoR or go all out and use a kanji course like RTK, KD, or KKLC

Lincoln Butler
Lincoln Butler

逆に私はアメリカ人だから大バーガー食べたいなああ爆笑

Cooper Sanchez
Cooper Sanchez

The only ESLs that really get on my nerves are the ones who combine it with behavior that would be annoying by itself. The bad English just amplifies it, and the worse their English is, the more it gets amplified.

For example, if you go to just about any porn board, you'll inevitably run across terrible English speakers begging for sources or recommendations.

where this from?
please someone can explain me where this from?
please someone where this from?
is there work with [insert nonsensical description pf specific fetish here]?!
please is there work with [insert aforementioned fetish here] or only [more general fetish being posted in the topic]
please someone can tell me is there work with [insert fetish here]

Jesus, shut up and fuck off. You're not even trying to contribute to the community.

Levi Jenkins
Levi Jenkins

anything else not related to japanese you want to get off your chest tex

Joseph Nguyen
Joseph Nguyen

an aura of being written by a 5 year old or mentally retarded person
Wew, letting out a lot of personal frustration today aren't you?

Brayden Flores
Brayden Flores

Could you continue your pointless off topic arguing in Japanese?

Nolan Reyes
Nolan Reyes

Funny enough I was tempted to call the other person a SJW but decided to let it go and here you are defending me.

Aaron Taylor
Aaron Taylor

Omee-tachi ha urusai dana

Asher Cox
Asher Cox

I knew someone would point it out the second I posted. Good job Burger-kun.

It was too easy. I couldn't help myself.

Joshua Cox
Joshua Cox

I won't reply a novel but I agree with most of what you're saying here. Although it did seem like it, I believe Japan is doing the right thing and shouldn't even comply to accept some 80 migrants when UN tells them to loosen up.

Doesn't change the fact that using ESL as an insult is incredibly feeble-minded.

Jason Ross
Jason Ross

you could say they are some urusai yatsura 笑爆

Wyatt Reyes
Wyatt Reyes

always speaking in 100% objective terms can't ever be bad
You really need to get out more. What's the point of learning Chinese moon runes if you never go outside, you NEET faggot?

That was me.

Cooper Lee
Cooper Lee

I wonder if a single person ITT right now has an intermediate knowledge of Japanese.

Ethan Martin
Ethan Martin

You realize everything you're saying here also applies to our natives? There are retards everywhere user, ESL or not. Just go on Youtube and realize how a huge number of our people can't even write English correctly.

Carter Martin
Carter Martin

I wonder what the other guy wanted you to say.
Well, you did everything you could, and it looks really nice, but you should really try writing it the other way, you know? I'm not saying you have to do it, it's just a suggestion.

Fucking fruitbowls, man.

Hudson Cruz
Hudson Cruz

That was me.
are you proud of showing to everyone how much of a retard you are? and what the hell is that NEET babble about?

by calling his あ terrible he's helping him, he took the time to critique him, he didn't outright insulted him

for fuck sake

Jeremiah Edwards
Jeremiah Edwards

Because in real life, people use tact. Hell especially in Japan being polite is important.

Gabriel Ramirez
Gabriel Ramirez

Reread the first paragraph in my post.

Jose James
Jose James

I just read through this list a couple times: sljfaq.org/afaq/radical-names.html

and didn't have any problems after that. I referenced it occasionally for a few weeks and then never looked at it again.

Parker Turner
Parker Turner

You can't say for sure whether they're ESL or not. Especially on Cred Forums. ->

Josiah Cook
Josiah Cook

AMA

Connor Butler
Connor Butler

You're not in Japan, you're on an anonymous imageboard on the Internet in a thread full of basement dwellers wanting to learn a language for the sole purpose of reading pornography.

And you think being called a NEET is an insult in a place like that.

Justin Gutierrez
Justin Gutierrez

You have no argument here and you're most likely very new to this place.

Parker Hernandez
Parker Hernandez

Please speak for yourself.

Oliver Powell
Oliver Powell

I'm sure you're one of those people telling others to not watch anime and learn REAL Japanese or some shit.

David Fisher
David Fisher

I don't mind when people are brutally honest about what I do wrong - this is part of learning. If your fragile ego can't handle it you probably need to grow a thicker skin, otherwise you won't get anywhere near where you wish to be.

Austin Reed
Austin Reed

please don't call me neet it hurts my feelings im actually a completely functional member of society and no i dont want to learn japanese for porn i just think its an interesting language and samurais are really cool
爆笑

Mason Wright
Mason Wright

Cringe

Michael Evans
Michael Evans

what is leadership? what is encouragement? what is morality?

See this is why you'll never amount to anything NEET-kun. You're just so much of a giant faggot that you can't get along with anyone. It's time to end it all and stop the farce that you matter to anyone or anything.

Jace Murphy
Jace Murphy

そういう人なんて絶対いない

それはdjtのチャームポイント

でも私たちがイル

このビデオをチェックしてみ

その私たちのような人だもんね

youtube.com/watch?v=R7N8IBanV88

Jason Cruz
Jason Cruz

about to make another pointless off topic arguing post in english
realize I'm not studying

Mason Butler
Mason Butler

You're either a righteous asshole straight from leddit or trolling right now. Either way not worth my attention anymore.

Jose Gray
Jose Gray

legit you're probably older than 20. Get off the chans grandad and go outside you massive waste of space.

Jason Davis
Jason Davis

If the concept of anonymous is this confusing to you, YOU might be the one who is new.

Jordan Miller
Jordan Miller

what is leadership?
Yeah, tell me about it.

what is encouragement?
出来ない

what is morality?
What does it have to do with anything?

Christopher Davis
Christopher Davis

the fuck is this guy saying

Andrew Edwards
Andrew Edwards

It's all me, the great DJT shitposter. I have 7 proxies so I can post without regard to post timers.

Brayden Jenkins
Brayden Jenkins

Are you an ESL, or did you just skip over the paragraph for a second time?

The only ESLs that really get on my nerves are the ones who combine it with behavior that would be annoying by itself.
behavior
which would be annoying by itself
as in, the behavior is annoying when not combined with any other detracting factors, such as poor English; by logical progression, this means that the native English speakers that you claimed that I was excluding can indeed engage in the annoying behavior
however, the behavior becomes even MORE annoying when done by people who are poor at English

I shouldn't need to elaborate on that sentence so much. I thought that it was pretty clear in my original post.

Brandon Hughes
Brandon Hughes

I think the point about ESL being an insult is that such people shouldn't even be detectable on a platform like this. For someone to realise that you are an ESL from just a few lines of text can only mean that your english is absolutely appallingly shit, whether that's through disrespect or just sheer incompetence.

Hunter Walker
Hunter Walker

Actually, it's pic related

Anthony Hill
Anthony Hill

勉強に戻れ

Austin Campbell
Austin Campbell

The behavior you speak of is not limited to ESL people, this is what your twisted logic is failing to understand. If you can't understand this then have the last reply and sleep well tonight.

From experience it's never about their English level though, they simply type in different ways at time, but different doesn't mean shit or wrong per se. The whole "their English is shit" here is just an excuse to justify their senseless hatred towards a particular group of people.

Blake Garcia
Blake Garcia

人形踊れ

Josiah Martinez
Josiah Martinez

Also, you won't find native speakers who are as terrible at English as my examples, which were listed from experience.

You have to be really, really bad at English, so bad that there's no way that you're even a foreign speaker who's putting effort in, for it to worsen my opinion of you even further.

John Long
John Long

see

Native speakers don't say-

please someone can explain me where this from?

Landon Bailey
Landon Bailey

can someone explain me what they meaned this

Michael Brooks
Michael Brooks

REMOV THIS

Matthew Collins
Matthew Collins

Is the usage of き、し and り in
おびただしき
ありしかば
願えり
起きし
not modern Japanese?

Tyler Moore
Tyler Moore

My English is not the yellow of the egg, but it goes.

Lucas Williams
Lucas Williams

Your English is a roll with butter.

Leo Campbell
Leo Campbell

How much spare time do you have?
Add at least a full entry on a random wiki page into your daily study:
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Randompage
For at least three months before taking the test again. See how the results differ.

Samuel Hernandez
Samuel Hernandez

if you ask me everything not in ty kim and flash cards and that belligerent drunk white dudes videos on youtube from almost a decade ago is not modern japanese

Oliver Walker
Oliver Walker

That's a good idea.How about doing the Hitler game coupled with reading all the articles on the way to Hitler? I think I'll try that.

Eli Reed
Eli Reed

belligerent drunk white dude
hey now
hes not that belligerent, im from aus tho so that might skew my impression a bit

Jaxon Hall
Jaxon Hall

you and i have different definitions of the hitler game i think

Jack Fisher
Jack Fisher

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Game#Variations

Carson Diaz
Carson Diaz

I am making a presentation for my japanese class about anime
I need help fixing some of my grammar mistakes if possible

Ryder Nelson
Ryder Nelson

it's with people being ESL and having shitty English
As we natives are known for having an outstanding ability to manipulate the English language. Poets and writers, hundreds and millions of us. Come on man, unless the post is completely fucking nonsensical, like something pulled off the chat log of some teenager's facebook profile, sperging out of it is kind of pointless.
It would be overall more conductive to discussion if you either ignored it, like you do with almost every other post with less than "perfect" English, or responded as you normally would but also bring up the part of the post which is gibberish and ask for some clarity. An example:

You fail to understand that the problem is not with people being ESL, it is with the people, ESL and fucking English.
What the fuck am I reading? Do you mean?
You fail to understand that the problem is not with people being ESL, it's with people being ESL and having shitty English.
[proceed to continue posting as normal]

Honestly how hard it is? It's beyond the point now but maybe something worth thinking about down the line.

Tyler Ramirez
Tyler Ramirez

is this serious?

Ryan Ross
Ryan Ross

Thanks anons. This'll be a big help.

Gabriel Watson
Gabriel Watson

Ask on lang-8, they love that stuff.

Alexander Hernandez
Alexander Hernandez

I genuinely hope it's fake.

Brandon Parker
Brandon Parker

I'm fucking dying here

Parker Wood
Parker Wood

Yeah, your presentation is pretty lethal to look at.

Dominic Brown
Dominic Brown

I need help fixing some of my grammar mistakes if possible
i dont wanna put a foot through a mona lisa here

Dylan Myers
Dylan Myers

I wish this was real. No one is this autistic.

Dylan Collins
Dylan Collins

I used multiple sources for making each sentences
Some of which I know, some of yahoo and what not, since I am only studying japanese for 2 years now and have really low vocabulary for this subject

Jaxson Walker
Jaxson Walker

I genuinely hope it's legit.

Brody Hernandez
Brody Hernandez

It's good don't change anything. I like your style man, really shows you know your stuff! Damn for 2 years you can already make something like this? I'm kinda jealous. Keep it up!

Lucas Rogers
Lucas Rogers

Thanks man
These guys didn't like it
reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/3m2jxn/i_am_making_a_presentation_for_my_japanese_class/

Blake Hughes
Blake Hughes

That was sarcastic.

Jayden Williams
Jayden Williams

I'm pretty sure he's aware I was, look at the date.

Alexander Jackson
Alexander Jackson

nice work, bringing that from reddit

Adrian Martinez
Adrian Martinez

Which is your favourite brat?
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17554330

Joshua Morris
Joshua Morris

Just stop. Go study.

Luis Sanders
Luis Sanders

but its time to go to bed ya cunt, let me sleep
can i just watch some videos in bed

Xavier Phillips
Xavier Phillips

im actually goin to bed bald white dude but ill see you in the morning so we can take out our flash card decks and compare whos is bigger

Austin Cox
Austin Cox

What exactly is the purpose of these sort of posts? Back seat moderation? Why don't you go and study?
What a strange post.

Adam Reed
Adam Reed

Also add in 女小学生と中出ししたい
It means "follow your dreams".

Jayden Miller
Jayden Miller

Showing my disgust with and the replies.

Charles Allen
Charles Allen

Showing my disgust
What makes you think your disgust is worth sharing?

Julian Martinez
Julian Martinez

Why don't images on Cred Forums load for me today?
Every other board or website it works.

Cooper Wright
Cooper Wright

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk7hQW9xxN4

Ryder Hill
Ryder Hill

It's a mystery.

Nolan Thomas
Nolan Thomas

MODS

Samuel Adams
Samuel Adams

Yeah why do people share their opinions on an imageboard? I have absolutely no idea.

Ryan Gutierrez
Ryan Gutierrez

This guy right here.

Charles Ross
Charles Ross

デブスに中出しされるのは気持ちいい

Caleb Ramirez
Caleb Ramirez

Why do people share the opinion that their opinion is to be valued over the opinions of others and call for the opinions of others to be silenced? I have absolutely no idea.

Gabriel Ramirez
Gabriel Ramirez

ルビ
振り仮名 なしのまんがは

DJTのあのんくんには

おすすめできないよ

Sebastian Peterson
Sebastian Peterson

You mean like what you just did?

Brandon Morgan
Brandon Morgan

How do you even organize your images if they all have the same file name?

Jayden Roberts
Jayden Roberts

振り仮名
私はちょとカンニングして感じです

Jeremiah Davis
Jeremiah Davis

神聖なたわごとは、私はとても幸せです。

Christopher Carter
Christopher Carter

読めない読み手より

読ませない書き手に問題があるんだよ

ルビを振ったら失礼になる文書というのもあるけど

あのんくんたちが出会うことはすくないんじゃないかなあとおもうよ

Hunter Rogers
Hunter Rogers

He asked a question. "I have no idea" isn't an opinion.

Austin Perry
Austin Perry

なぜ日本語?
日本語ネイティヴですよーっと٩(๑ᴗ๑)۶

Carson Reed
Carson Reed

For the cute anime girls

Robert Sanders
Robert Sanders

日本人になるため

Blake Hughes
Blake Hughes

excellent‼️

Alexander Harris
Alexander Harris

kawaii!!

Tyler Bell
Tyler Bell

No you don't

Levi Nguyen
Levi Nguyen

しねくださいね

Levi Turner
Levi Turner

kawaii wa seigi!
kawaii wa Justice!

Owen James
Owen James

You are an awful person.

Jackson Rivera
Jackson Rivera

I learn the japanese because I wish to understand their lewd TV shows

Brandon Gonzalez
Brandon Gonzalez

×しねくださいね
○しんでくださいね

Benjamin Price
Benjamin Price

×しんでくださいね
○幸せに生きてね

Ryder Davis
Ryder Davis

x you
o me
owned

Logan Bennett
Logan Bennett

But what if he wants to be polite, yet firmly command him to kill himself?

Jacob Lee
Jacob Lee

Nope.

Carter Watson
Carter Watson

Japan has some really weird shows
youtu.be/9czMIFIL28E

Jackson Williams
Jackson Williams

We did it DJT.

Caleb Morgan
Caleb Morgan

youtube.com/watch?v=nVsBpq0hVGI

Gabriel Barnes
Gabriel Barnes

You fail to understand that the problem is not with people being ESL, it is with the people, ESL and fucking English.
What the fuck am I reading? Do you mean?
You fail to understand that the problem is not with people being ESL, it's with people being ESL and having shitty English.
[proceed to continue posting as normal]

Are you autistic?

Zachary Stewart
Zachary Stewart

so wacky!!

Kevin Bell
Kevin Bell

CoMpElLiNg

Joseph Roberts
Joseph Roberts

?

Gavin Brown
Gavin Brown

Being sensible and not acting like a teenager = autism!

Jack Barnes
Jack Barnes

わ゛

Parker Bennett
Parker Bennett

Did you really have to pretend to be a native? It's really obvious from the first sentence that you're not. I'm going to stop replying now, this is retarded.

Daniel Sanchez
Daniel Sanchez

thanks

Ryan Thomas
Ryan Thomas

this is just porn, what the hell

Jayden Ortiz
Jayden Ortiz

It's just a completely normal innocent tv show

You're the one making everything sexual, you lewd bastard

Jackson Morris
Jackson Morris

今日も一日がんばていきますしょいっ!

Jason Parker
Jason Parker

Does anyone have Structure of Japanese by Susumu Kuno?

Anthony Ramirez
Anthony Ramirez

Early 2000 animeu is the best.

Lucas Butler
Lucas Butler

私はロリコンだ

Luke Hernandez
Luke Hernandez

sperging out of it
what am i reading

this isn't the only syntax error here

Blake Bell
Blake Bell

Try this one.
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/福澤諭吉

You'll be native by the end of it.

Parker Ortiz
Parker Ortiz

please excuse me and my incessant retarded questions

there's the honorifics we all know and love like san, kun, tan, taso (lol), etc

but a person from this particular story keeps referring to everyone with -yo (faggot-yo, retardo-yo, etc.)

I can't find much online since it always hits when -yo is used at the end of a sentence.

Michael Kelly
Michael Kelly

It's an anime/manga thing. Think of it as a cheap way to give a character a quirk.

Jose Hernandez
Jose Hernandez

read moeges because they're easy they said
plotge language is too advanced for you they said
Or so I was told in this thread more than a year ago and it turned out to be the worst piece of advice I ever got.

All I got from moege was jokes and wordplay going over my head, whatever time it took to decipher the joke killed the comedy timing and it all felt flat, and whenever the romance shit started happening characters start talking about their feels in such roundabout way all 3 volumes of DoJG couldn't help me figure it out.

When I was close to quitting I tried a plotge for the fuck of it and it turned out great. Even as I missed the jokes and banter didn't click I always had an easy to understand plot to keep me going, all the "hard" vocab and kanji were a mouse over away thanks to the texthooker, story and setting gave enough context to the long winded feels talks to make them decipherable and shit was so fun I kept pulling all nighters mining tons of new words.

Now that my vocab isn't shit and I'm more familiar with most of the colloquial stuff I went back to moege and they're actually enjoyable to read.

Don't fall for the moege meme, guys.

Brandon Reyes
Brandon Reyes

like -dabe / desu / nano / kashira?

pretty sure they all mean something, though

Josiah Diaz
Josiah Diaz

-dabe / desu / nano / kashira

Yeah they all mean something but your faggot-yo doesn't

Connor Jenkins
Connor Jenkins

no such advice was ever given, there's just as many easy plotge as moege

Daniel Hughes
Daniel Hughes

Reading my first LN after only core6k... I have to check every few words with rikai, I've only read few pages so far and probably already mined 100 words.

It feels like Japanese has way too many different words. It's tough. I'll keep reading until the end though, but it really is tough compared to the manga I'd read, difficulty went straight up there; and here I thought my level had gotten not so bad recently... I'm getting crushed pretty good there.

Jaxon Scott
Jaxon Scott

What LN?

Noah Sanders
Noah Sanders

he completed 6k
he only now read something
my sides

Joseph Williams
Joseph Williams

Keep on it, you're currently on the hardest part.
Couple of volumes later it gets a lot easier.

Michael Morales
Michael Morales

He said he'd read manga. So now manga don't count? sasuga /djt/

Blake Jones
Blake Jones

I think you're making a mistake.

If it helps this person is old as fuck and says it whenever he's talking to young people.

Gavin Cruz
Gavin Cruz

What does -ttebane and -ttebayo means?

Ayden Perry
Ayden Perry

only read manga
pretty good grasp feel comfortable
try to up the difficulty a notch
image related

I don't know why I even bothered. I will never be able to read this.

Kevin Green
Kevin Green

It means roughly "I'm a huge fucking retard"

Gabriel Ramirez
Gabriel Ramirez

k

Joseph Williams
Joseph Williams

Mine all that shit and you'll be able to read that in a day.
A lot of the words here are typical for game tutorials so better get used to them.

Isaac Ortiz
Isaac Ortiz

being a machine-translating subhuman

Wait, I guess that's normal in DJT.

Xavier Gomez
Xavier Gomez

looking up words in dictionary = machine translation

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

If you need to look up words as you read better give up now.

Samuel Wood
Samuel Wood

According to that logic you should've given up from the start, like the shit cunt you are.

Blake Diaz
Blake Diaz

It feels like the IQ of the average DJT poster dropped by about two standard deviations within the past 2-3 years.

Jayden Rivera
Jayden Rivera

The longer a general remains, the worse it becomes.

Zachary Jenkins
Zachary Jenkins

within the past 2-3 years.
not days?

Xavier Morgan
Xavier Morgan

Dunno what you guys are always moaning about, this language couldn't get any easier

Nathan Rogers
Nathan Rogers

why are japanese dubs so shit

youtube.com/watch?v=RBlG5AXcb-k

Nathaniel Bennett
Nathaniel Bennett

Let me know if you find raws after volume 1.

Isaiah Bell
Isaiah Bell

youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw
おまえがた

Ethan Nguyen
Ethan Nguyen

I don't get this. As far as I can see, これ is not one of the readings for 尻尾.
Was this meant as some kind of a joke to give emphasis to the shocking fact that she has a tail?

Brody Reed
Brody Reed

お前はほんとに天才(ばか)だね?

Parker Miller
Parker Miller

ほんとに

Fuck this shit, I'm done with production.

James Reyes
James Reyes

Shinde kudasai, loli-san

James Wood
James Wood

It's pretty common though.

Asher Wright
Asher Wright

why are all dubs so shit

Fixed that for you

Jacob Foster
Jacob Foster

She says これ while holding her お尻 out but she means her 尻尾
It just makes the line sound more sexual

Jonathan James
Jonathan James

Or is it because she says 'this' and wiggles her shippo making it obvious what she is referring to but we can't see that in a still picture so the author used kanji to let us know what she was implying.

Oliver Campbell
Oliver Campbell

It just makes the line sound more sexual
I think you need to start reading a wider variety of material

Brandon Flores
Brandon Flores

Well, today my total cards to review have reached over 300. Anki slowly increases it's cold hard grasp on my life day by day.

Gavin Gonzalez
Gavin Gonzalez

Lads,

Give me a manga at the 1k word level that isn't yotsuba and isn't shit. Might try Claymore in Nip. Fuck Harem shit.

Nolan Gomez
Nolan Gomez

I don't get it. Do you not like と?

William Morris
William Morris

You mean chuuni shit?
No thanks.

Ethan Jackson
Ethan Jackson

Ika Musume

Julian Bennett
Julian Bennett

Translate this, please

Jose Turner
Jose Turner

The pleasure of being cummed inside

Cooper Flores
Cooper Flores

clubにようこそ

とう

Jace Hall
Jace Hall

Dude, like wait, what are ya doing? This isn't like you. Explain!

Matthew Scott
Matthew Scott

ほんとに
I got upset over my 誤字, because I thought it only exists as ほんとうに. After referencing Google it seems ほんとに is a lot more common.
I'm confused now.

Wait, what the? That's so not like you, doing shit like that.

Alexander Reed
Alexander Reed

Don't forget ほんまに

Mason Wright
Mason Wright

Do you work for crunchyroll?

Easton Harris
Easton Harris

So you took 7 months to read 10 LN volumes?

This is faster than my pace... Most of my time gets taken up by school and work.

Jonathan Butler
Jonathan Butler

どっちがいい?
The typhoon has gone while I was sleeping.
The typhoon passed while I was sleeping.
or?

Charles Wilson
Charles Wilson

A little, what? Unusual actions you're taking.

Levi Thompson
Levi Thompson

You're specifying when the typhoon went away so using Perfect tense is inappropriate. The second sentence is better.

Aiden Stewart
Aiden Stewart

The typhoon went up my bum while I was sleeping.

Christopher Foster
Christopher Foster

First is ungrammatical. Second is grammatical.

Ryder Perry
Ryder Perry

I laughed.

Jason Richardson
Jason Richardson

The hurricane passed while I was paroling the neighborhood - protecting my freedom.

Nicholas Brown
Nicholas Brown

ありがとアノン君たち
完了形は日本語では細かく区別しないので難しいです。

Take care of your bum.

Aaron Parker
Aaron Parker

破る 被る

Literally indistinguishable.

Matthew Reed
Matthew Reed

それを,あなたつ
What it's meaning?

Thomas Ramirez
Thomas Ramirez

石皮 示皮

Cameron Myers
Cameron Myers

上がる
上がる
上がる
上がる
上がる

Literally indistinguishable.
I cry everytime in core.

Dylan Foster
Dylan Foster

Michael Perez
Michael Perez

カマをかける

【意味】 鎌をかけるとは、知りたいことを自然にしゃべらせるよう、それとなく誘導すること。

鎌をかけるの語源は、以下の通り諸説あり、正確な語源は未詳。
やかましい意味の「囂し(かまし)」に、「ひっかける」の「かける」を加え、相手にやかましくしゃべらせ、うまく聞き出す意味で「かまをかける」になったとする説。
「甑(こしき)」や「桶(おけ)」を作る時に、寸法を計る道具を「かま」と呼び、「かま」で寸法を確認することを「かまをかける」と言っていたため、自分の思い通りにする誘導の意味だけ残り、現在の意味になったとする説などがある。
しかし、「かまをかける」の語源は、上記のような特別な意味を含んだものではなく、単純に、鎌で引っ掛けるようにして、相手を引き寄せる意味からと考えて良いであろう。

Too deep for me senpai方.

Caleb King
Caleb King

Next you're gonna tell 肉 and 月 are different radicals.

Adam Diaz
Adam Diaz

Don't you say "mislead"?

Liam Lewis
Liam Lewis

tfw

Julian Cruz
Julian Cruz

25%

ご愁傷様です

Logan White
Logan White

1/4 of my failures for the whole month on this day alone. 失敗は気持ち

Robert Johnson
Robert Johnson

Only because Cred Forums's font is so shitty

Elijah Edwards
Elijah Edwards

Cred Forums's font

Evan Anderson
Evan Anderson

moot-sama drew it himself in mspaint.

Angel Stewart
Angel Stewart

moot

Literally who?

Luke Carter
Luke Carter

Can someone help me out with this one bubble? Context is a volleyball match. あっづメン makes no sense to me just like Ah! づメン!, so does anyone know what the last part could refer too, or if I even got it right?

Isaac Cox
Isaac Cox

失敗は気持ち
What were you going to say it in English?

James Clark
James Clark

ゴメン

Blake Walker
Blake Walker

I'm legit retarded. Thank you.

Cooper Miller
Cooper Miller

Never skip writing practice.

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

How would writing practice have helped there

He's obviously just inexperienced and retarded

Levi Morales
Levi Morales

Stroke order and being able to better recognize sloppily written kana.

Jackson Johnson
Jackson Johnson

Shit. I said 12 books in 2 months. It seems I can't into English.

Andrew Ramirez
Andrew Ramirez

They are written perfectly.

Nathaniel Lee
Nathaniel Lee

Well yeah but it's not like it's required for something like that, it's not evenly sloppily written he just had a lapse in judgement, probably because he's still unfamiliar with katakana

Christian Taylor
Christian Taylor

Man, Yotsubato is so enjoyable even for a 30 year old. The しんぶん chapter (26, I think) made me laugh like I hadn't in a long time.

Also, how reliable are the fantranslations? I'm looking them up very scarcely when unusual grammar comes up, and I think I've noticed more than one mistake in them. But I could be the one who's wrong.

Connor Lewis
Connor Lewis

Lol, how translate this?
しょうがない妹ね

Sebastian Lewis
Sebastian Lewis

That ゴ doesnt even look like it was written with the correct strokes (the bottom right corner looks seamless as if it was one stroke like つ.

Asher Collins
Asher Collins

wow, this is garbage. But I eat it for you!

Jackson Jones
Jackson Jones

I find Yotsubato boring as fuck, and I'm only 23. Maybe you're just a big manchild.

Jaxson Hall
Jaxson Hall

Hello fellow 30 year old. I would just go straight to looking up the grammar than comparing to fan translations since you never know if the translator is inexperienced and is just guessing.

Eli Wilson
Eli Wilson

Or maybe you're a bitter fuck, who knows

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

You're probably just the no fun allowed type

Jaxson Baker
Jaxson Baker

The fan translations are bad. You can get the Yen Press translation at the usual place.

Ryan Stewart
Ryan Stewart

It's funny because you're acting like a try-hard teenager right now.

Chase Morgan
Chase Morgan

一緒に歌いましょう!

Elijah Sanchez
Elijah Sanchez

恥ずかしくて出来なかった

Gavin Hernandez
Gavin Hernandez

I'm saving this. I couldn't create something this autistic for a joke if I tried.

Jayden Jones
Jayden Jones

what's this mean?

William Hall
William Hall

sleep in late on Sunday
no time to cook the breakfast I was planning
no time for the anime I was going to watch
only time for Anki

Colton Butler
Colton Butler

がんばろうぞい!

Michael Williams
Michael Williams

no mean or a cipher

David Jackson
David Jackson

time to blog on djt
You could've watched like half an episode in that time.

Henry Thompson
Henry Thompson

It's probably shorthand for ニーガのケツ穴を舐めたい but it's kinda hard to tell what the first character is supposed to be.

Charles Martin
Charles Martin

凶えひ
makes no sense

Joseph Watson
Joseph Watson

「ぞい」って何

Alexander Robinson
Alexander Robinson

さえろ

Adam Roberts
Adam Roberts

source

Cameron White
Cameron White

Writing a post like that takes less than a minute for a native, Herr ESL.

Evan Nelson
Evan Nelson

Those are great

Easton Myers
Easton Myers

Well, it only takes me two seconds to call you a cunt, so there's that too.

Chase Diaz
Chase Diaz

It means おわりだ in 異世界語

Adrian Allen
Adrian Allen

PC ports of Japanese games
Literally no Japanese option or no Japanese text option
This is retarded. I want to play the best version but some game either don't have Japanese at all or have you jump through loops to unlock it.

Tales of Zesteria has Japanese text only if you mess around with the in-game files using third party tools.

Luke Carter
Luke Carter

They don't want the Japs to play the better version and drop the consoles. Blame Sony.

I had the same problem with Tales of Symphonia. While I pre-ordered it listed Japanese text as available, but then came release and it was gone.

Luke Gray
Luke Gray

始まるよ!

David Baker
David Baker

I don't know why the Japanese can't do anything right. They have to mess up something every time.

Angel Brown
Angel Brown

Not a PC port but Xenoblade Chronicles X has an A-List cast of seiyuu and the localized version I have is stuck with a mediocre VA cast with no option to switch between them.

Still mad.

Daniel Ross
Daniel Ross

I am working out of a textbook I brought and for each question I have given my answer, since this textbook seems to intended to be used in classrooms it does not give any answers so I have no idea if I am correct in the way I have answered each point or even if it is phrased naturally.

1. Masako and Kazuo Tanaka (the family name comes first in Japanese) have two children and a dog, so they brought a large.
田中正子さんと一夫さんは二つの子供がありますと子犬もいますので大きな車を買いました。

2. One (一人 hitori) of their children (of the children one) is six years old.
一つの子供は六才です

3. The car they brought (“the they brought” - 買った katta-car) was cheap
買ったの車は安かったです

4. They did not think the car they brought was dear (For reported speech* add と to “they did not think”)
彼らは買ったの車は高くないと思いました

5. Office workers like very much to leave Tokyo (for “to leave Tokyo” use dictionary form + のが)
会社員は東京を出るのが大好きです。

6. They intended to go for a drive on Sunday.
日曜日はドライブするつもりでした。

Asher Long
Asher Long

Where's that? That shrine near Akiba?

Brayden Nguyen
Brayden Nguyen

do you want the bad or the bad news first

Carter Williams
Carter Williams

playing localized version in the first place
You only have yourself to blame.

Zachary Gray
Zachary Gray

I imported that game and played it through Wii U hacking.
Also there's an iso which puts the Japanese audio into the English version, no idea how well that works though.

Kevin Sanders
Kevin Sanders

No idea

Tyler Taylor
Tyler Taylor

First of all learn English.
brought =/= bought

Cameron Johnson
Cameron Johnson

I have the feeling I used 一つ in the wrong place and should have used 一人. I am also pretty sure on number 6 the でした isn't right.

一人の子は六才です。

Evan Russell
Evan Russell

5 is only correct.
Others are almost correct.

Nolan Wood
Nolan Wood

and then

Brody Cooper
Brody Cooper

Is there a limit to the amount of cards I should be adding to Anki each day? I normally have been doing 20-30 but this past week I have consistently done 40-50 new cards a day and now I'm worrying because the review count gets higher every day and I feel like my retention is dropping.

Isaiah Gomez
Isaiah Gomez

If the word for sex is セックス, what did the Japanese use before English was a known language? The most Japanese translation I've heard before would probably be just "let's do it".

Eli Butler
Eli Butler

started learning Japanese 4 years ago because of this thread
op posted daily "obscure" kanji
stopped coming here but didn't give up studies
now fluent
thread still going
now better than 99% of the thread
almost everyone here will give up or settle for intermediate
mfw i was one of the few that made it all the way

Hudson Reyes
Hudson Reyes

You didn't post a face

Jason Nelson
Jason Nelson

Japanese didn't have sex or love before, only rape.

Grayson Mitchell
Grayson Mitchell

mfwゲイばっくっしょう

Ethan Murphy
Ethan Murphy

And yet you're still just as much of an attention whore as 99% of this thread

Can you really say you're all that different?

Adam Hill
Adam Hill

i can read with native level comprehension and they can't so yes i'm different

Benjamin Roberts
Benjamin Roberts

4年でどれぐらいしゃべれるようになったか言ってみぃ!

Jason Edwards
Jason Edwards

Excited to continue reading some delicious compelling LN
Open that shit up
It's all vague deep inner monologue shit

Guess I'll just read some other time

Grayson Bennett
Grayson Bennett

What a disgusting art style. This is some proper degenerate shit.

Joseph Torres
Joseph Torres

Damn, that really wasn't worth dumping.

Angel Lee
Angel Lee

internet elitism

Jaxon Foster
Jaxon Foster

It's from 40 years ago. Of course it's degenerate.

Brody Gonzalez
Brody Gonzalez

By the way, do you know 漫画太郎?

Cameron Rogers
Cameron Rogers

Tfw コミュ障

Hudson Hughes
Hudson Hughes

70's had some sweet ass manga, don't generalize.

Gavin Wright
Gavin Wright

Is this manga worth a read?
I want to read something lewd but not porn.

Carson Gray
Carson Gray

How the fuck is that elitism? The guide is right there, made for you, all you had to do is read it.

Robert Long
Robert Long

he doesnt read everyday

Joseph Fisher
Joseph Fisher

My goal is reading porn. When I've no trouble reading shit I will settle down, of course

Wyatt Martinez
Wyatt Martinez

I feel like that bottom expression is the look of a girl that wants the D more than anything

Isaiah Flores
Isaiah Flores

Read this instead
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=413842
Trust me

Dylan Evans
Dylan Evans

It's cool as hell. The art style's great and it's pretty funny. And it's relatively easy, but you still can mine a new word every now and then.

Alexander Ward
Alexander Ward

I wouldn't "settle" for intermediate, intermediate is like, my goal from the start. If I can use a dictionary and get the gist of a sentence, I'll be happy.

Ryder Jackson
Ryder Jackson

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I heard it's different from the anime. Wouldn't want to read the same stuff twice. How soon does it start to differ?

Henry Bailey
Henry Bailey

So, like, finishing tyler kim?

Jaxson Watson
Jaxson Watson

lewd but not porn
I think we could be good friends.

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

性交?分かりません

Ryan Green
Ryan Green

I never saw the anime. But it's probably the same deal as with every manga, so there's surely gonna be more content.

Ian Martinez
Ian Martinez

thats basic
intermediate would be picking up any manga and reading it on the whim

Ryan James
Ryan James

What do you mean "could"?

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

侍の時代は
契(ちぎ)り

Alexander Bell
Alexander Bell

I'm jumping in, guys. Also, have a cute Momo.

Carson Hughes
Carson Hughes

mfw people attempt production in this thread to sound cool

Adam Howard
Adam Howard

Not any manga, just like SoL and lower level plot shit

Jaxon Butler
Jaxon Butler

Girls[1]

Blake Stewart
Blake Stewart

No, but "Japanese the Manga Way" so yeah kind of I guess. The vocab grind is just too hard and boring. I'm up to a little over 1,000 vocab (no clue how many kanji) and I can already tell I just don't have the brain power to do another, what, 10,000 more or whatever.

Jeremiah Young
Jeremiah Young

Wish my japanese was better to understand their politics, seems there is a scandal week after week over there, just like in every country you can say.

pic related
was elected as 民進党代表 after lying a shit lot about her dual-citizenship status (Taiwan + Japanese), claiming she only had Japanese citizenship, how it was unfolded was entertaining as fuck

Kevin Thomas
Kevin Thomas

Got a problem, mister?

Tyler Cruz
Tyler Cruz

mfw people speak Japanese in a Japanese speaking thread

Isaiah Wilson
Isaiah Wilson

スレにはびこった実力無いフェイク野郎マジでゲイやん爆笑

Austin Brown
Austin Brown

japanese speaking thread

Lincoln Murphy
Lincoln Murphy

私はFagの所有物になります
I will be in possession of Fag.
I shall be owned by Fag.
Is this context based or how can I reconise the right one?

Adam Brown
Adam Brown

It's the second one

Caleb Morris
Caleb Morris

It gets easier since the same kanji are used in different words; it's only hard at first. I believe in you user, don't give up.

Noah Wright
Noah Wright

Is there a jap dub of scrub?
見たい見たい

Lincoln Long
Lincoln Long

君の場合はいつも2だよな

Jose Rodriguez
Jose Rodriguez

AFAIK only subs.
There's a jap dub of friends, however.
youtube.com/watch?v=o2dgcUWbpWo

There's so much humor that gets lost though, I wonder why they even decided to dub it.

Gavin Murphy
Gavin Murphy

If it motivates you, just mine all the words and you can read it in the future. I'm 8k words in and could read everything except 2 words. Just keep going and in the future you will also be able to read it. If this stuff is still to difficult try something else. Doesn't really matter what as long as you move on and don't stuck with the same beginner material all the time.

Lucas Rodriguez
Lucas Rodriguez

That's a horrible DJT image.

Blake Wood
Blake Wood

the same reason people sub and dub anime to help people get it but not really get it

see all english discussion of something like charlotte though most japanese were lost on it too go figure

Brandon Moore
Brandon Moore

It is what it is user.

Kevin Turner
Kevin Turner

im sorry i havent been posting bangin ops lately i could resume if it pleases the court

Benjamin Murphy
Benjamin Murphy

There's so much humor that gets lost though, I wonder why they even decided to dub it.

Same with every dub ever

Lucas Wright
Lucas Wright

It's one of the best, though.

William Reyes
William Reyes

Did it bring back some of your traumatic anki memories

Bentley Watson
Bentley Watson

English to German works pretty well since the languages are so similar.
Especially for Scrubs, I've watched that it in both languages so I can tell.

Sometimes they made useless alterations though, but that's always the case.

Grayson Powell
Grayson Powell

愛さえあれば問題なし
この発言に対して貴様たちはどう考えているのですか?
是非、お答えください

Leo Parker
Leo Parker

Please drop a heavy banger for the next thread.
次スレのために重いバーンガーを落ちてください

Lucas Butler
Lucas Butler

No
gay
shit
please.

Colton James
Colton James

ok i wish all prospective ops luck in the future thrad

Daniel Morris
Daniel Morris

I can't shoop, but this looks comfy for an OP picture.

Luke Brown
Luke Brown

あなたの考え方は不健康です
調整が必要

Carson Cruz
Carson Cruz

落としてください

ところで、これはan idiomですか?
Please drop a heavy banger

Aaron Ward
Aaron Ward

You don' goofed. You fucked up. You ballsed it up. What a blunder.

You didn't put "Daily Japanese Thread DJT" in the subject. Now this thread will be forever lost. Everything posted ITT has been pointless. Everyone knows threads are archived by the subject.

shame.

Jaxson Walker
Jaxson Walker

You do realise he's just going to type some ironic memes on that in comic sans and draw a pile of shit in the corner right?

Aiden Cruz
Aiden Cruz

Shouganai
Shikatanai
yomu o enai shitueshon

Kayden Garcia
Kayden Garcia

What was the reason for 人名用漢字

Ayden Ortiz
Ayden Ortiz

Everything posted ITT has been pointless
Implying that's not the case for every thread

I can relate to the hoarder mentality though

Zachary Perez
Zachary Perez

Of course, I am aware.
This one would be good as well.

Isaac Price
Isaac Price

So that people do not use ultra rare chinese characters in names, probably

Caleb Johnson
Caleb Johnson

人の名のために決まってるじゃん

Jace Roberts
Jace Roberts

not only hoarding, it completely fucks with my disposition for ORDNUNG!

nothing worse than a cocky retard jumping the shark and making a DJT thread before knowing the proper procedure. I don't care if you make the thread, but don't impede the order with your incompetence

Logan Hall
Logan Hall

maybe i have no intention of posting the next op and just want to ensure you know who quickly posts the next one because their 自閉症 wants them to not let me have it

of course there are plenty of other instances where reverse psychology is employed but i tend not to explain them

Josiah Sanders
Josiah Sanders

Today I did Anki for 35 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 2 hours and 46 minutes.

Juan Cooper
Juan Cooper

I won't let you.

John Ross
John Ross

read a visual novel

Tyler Reyes
Tyler Reyes

Well done my friend

Matthew Davis
Matthew Davis

How do I motivate myself to use Hellotalk?

I realise that production is ridiculously important, but I just can't bring myself to do it

I used to use it for quite a while and it was actually pretty fun, but even knowing that it was good I still can't muster up the motivation, socialising is just so draining

Ayden Torres
Ayden Torres

I realise that production is ridiculously important

Owen Smith
Owen Smith

Denial

Production improves pretty much every aspect of language learning, obviously you can get along just fine without it, but production makes progressing a lot easier and quicker

Ian Harris
Ian Harris

You get used to it. I was professionally diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and when I first tried it I ended up deleting the app because of my anxiety.

Downloaded it again a month ago and stuck with it and now I use it all the time. Every now and then you get a thirsty gaijin hunter too. Its fun.

Jeremiah Hill
Jeremiah Hill

My problem is that the image makes the thread look more like a Non Non Biyori thread than a DJT thread.

Ian Rivera
Ian Rivera

What are you doing in this Japanese gay porn website?

Dominic Morales
Dominic Morales

No, production actively hurts your language learning. You are actually better off not doing any study at all then practicing production.

Owen Stewart
Owen Stewart

True, but that problem only arises at a glance, there's plenty of cues to show that that isn't the case

Hopefully it's not too disruptive to the rest of Cred Forums anyway, I think it's worth it to have nice OP pics

Isaiah Wilson
Isaiah Wilson

you have to put nice in quotes or people might get the wrong idea and think youre actually serious

Luke Peterson
Luke Peterson

それじゃあ、お前より先には死ねなくなったな
Can you guys just help me understand this line a little more? Something like "it's decided that I can't die before you"? より is kind of a pain

Ian Robinson
Ian Robinson

something tells me より isnt your trouble spot here

Samuel Turner
Samuel Turner

Enlighten me, son

Aiden Nguyen
Aiden Nguyen

I can't die before you
yes

I became not able to die before you.

Daniel Young
Daniel Young

Need some h-help here with this:
あはっ先生いいですよ
気持ち良すぎてトんじゃいそう
Specifically, this:
トんじゃい
I don't know why it's written like this, I'd guess it's 飛ぶ but from my little experience, when it's written in katakana like this it's usually an uncommon/rare meaning and I can't find anything else that fits it.

Brandon Richardson
Brandon Richardson

飛ぶ
飛んで
飛んちゃう・飛んじゃう
飛んじゃい
飛んじゃいそう

Josiah Myers
Josiah Myers

replace uncommon/rare with cool/fresh

Juan Powell
Juan Powell

Senpai makes her feel so good she's turning into pork miso soup.

Oliver White
Oliver White

イッちゃう
イッちゃいそう
キメる
シメる
and more

William White
William White

You're rustling my jimmies the right way mate.

Liam Barnes
Liam Barnes

シメる
〆る

That symbol is the worst thing in the Japanese language

Lucas Ross
Lucas Ross

source on the grandma

Owen Diaz
Owen Diaz

Always check the title of the webm.

Nathan Morales
Nathan Morales

i dont have whatever nerd shit that is

Mason Baker
Mason Baker

落とす
勉強になりました
ありがとう

I guess it is an idiom, but I'm not sure how common it is. To drop something meaning to do or present, I guess. Like how DJs and rappers drop a beat or drop some sick lines.

Chase Edwards
Chase Edwards

*high fives*

Kayden Wilson
Kayden Wilson

Too bad for you.

Dominic Long
Dominic Long

nonetheless thx for the source

grandma待ってるぜ

Juan Wood
Juan Wood

What the fuck is that?

Connor Bell
Connor Bell

That symbol is the worst thing in the Japanese language
はいその通りですw

But this シメる mean is not 〆る.
シメる(絞める)
It used by bad boys girls and hooligan.
シメる = bully or like a mob violence?

Christopher Brooks
Christopher Brooks

Just one of the features from Cred Forums X

You could also download the webm and check the media info.

Jordan Parker
Jordan Parker

What's a good program to convert 横書き epubs into 縦書き? I know about AozoraEpub but it seems like it can only convert other formats into epub.

Tyler Cook
Tyler Cook

Be careful, she's a wild one.

Colton Parker
Colton Parker

Calibre

Blake Lee
Blake Lee

And "〆" is an especial kanji.
We write it only on the cover of the envelope.
It's an appeal. "I sealed it completely."
If you send a letter to friends, you need not use 〆.
It is useful when you send an important documents or business.

Asher Edwards
Asher Edwards

お前のポストを日本語と英語の両方で書いてくれない?
そのほうが我々の役に立つと思うよ

Evan Diaz
Evan Diaz

お前ってなんだよ

William Clark
William Clark

文句あんのかコラ?

Leo Harris
Leo Harris