Spoilers are out. A short summary of the volume is now available. Also
The author has announced DAL will be reaching its climax in the next arc
Date a Live 15
Spoilers are out. A short summary of the volume is now available. Also
1) Shidou faces against Mukuro with the trump card to open her heart "Haniel-Kaleidoscope" to make [Michael]. As they face off, Artemisia interrupts and was about to kill Shidou when Origami and Tohka came to his rescue. Origami VS Artemisia and Shidou+Tohka VS Mukuro commences.
2) Kotori, Yoshino, Kaguya, Yuzuru, Miku and Nia stay in Fraxinus EX to go against Ellen and her ship. With the upgraded ship including the cheat power of the Spirits, they managed to bring her down.
3) Origami VS Artemisia. At the beginning, Origami asked her about her reason for leaving SSS, but Artemisia had no idea what she was talking about (here, there was a sign that her memory was manipulated). As they fight, Origami with her Metatron+Brynhildr Spirit-Wizard combo was able to fight her evenly, but as Artemisia retreats she left a present of a blast towards Shidou and the rest
4) Shidou and Tohka fought against Mukuro and with the help of Natsumi who disguised herself as Shidou, Shidou was able to open her heart with Michael. When the beam shot by Artemisia was heading towards them, Shidou used Zadkiel and Raphael to protect him and Mukuro as they both dive towards earth due to gravity.
5) When Shidou woke up, he first asked about what happened to the base after they left. He was then connected to a call with Woodman, who lost an arm and a leg after battling against Westcott (who also lost an arm, and Woodman can actually stand and fight against Westcott with Beelzebub). Then after asking about Mukuro, she appeared from behind through a wormhole and wrap her arms around Shidou.
6) Mukuro was being lovey-dovey towards Shidou, but after Kotori asked her to give Shidou one day to recover, she disappeared back into space. Shidou went to a Medical Realizer-type bath to heal his wounds, and was met with the Spirits trying to give him a wash on the back.
7) The next day while waiting for Mukuro to appear, Shidou was pulled into a wormhole by Mukuro and they started their date. They had fun, but Mukuro said that Shidou has to leave the other girls since he said he loves her (which is actually normal, since normally harems are near-impossible in reality). In order to force Shidou to only care about her, Mukuro "locks" all memories and information about the being "Itsuka Shidou". (Here, Mukuro shows that she has one of the four Yandere-types)
8) When Shidou realized that everyone had forgotten about him, he met up with Mukuro where they walked with each other. On the way, they met up with "Origami of this side" who retains her memories due to being a split personality (refer to Danganronpa, glasses-girl and Genocider)... and Inverse Tohka, who unconsciously become stressful due to the non-presence of Shidou and became Inverse.
9) A catfight begins between Tohka and Mukuro, who due to Origami`s words are now aiming to take Shidou`s lips. As their battle continues (Tohka riding on Shidou trying to force cake on Shidou and Mukuro trying to give cake mouth-to-mouth to Shidou), they eventually came to Tenguu Tower, where Mukuro started to became strange.
10) While Mukuro and Origami went to the toilet due to Mukuro`s sudden unwellness, Shidou exchanged words with Inverse Tohka, who gave some major hints about herself (the First Spirit crystal first splitting into Qualiphas and become Sephirias for affinity reasons, and Inverse Tohka is the true personality of the Qualipha Tohka possess). Due to Shidou being Shidou, Tohka grabbed him by the collar but was then attacked by Mukuro. Then, after Tohka counter-attack and caused Mukuro`s hair to be cut, Mukuro in her anger used Michael to unlock the power inside her (Shidou said that he like her hair being long, so Mukuro was pissed that Tohka cut her hair. Here Mukuro used the third ability "Release", unleashing the true power of her Sephiria which is similar to Inverse but not exactly)
11) Mukuro and Tohka fought. In between Origami and Shidou, plus later the Spirits came in to stop them. Then in her fury, Mukuro plans to turn Tohka into dust with her Michael, but due to Shidou`s interference he took the hit instead. Here a phenomenon happened between Shidou and Mukuro, where her memories and Shidou`s are mixed and flowed into each other, Shidou was able to understand that the dreams he had after opening Mukuro`s heart was in fact her memories.
12) After the phenomenon, Michael activates and rips Shidou`s shoulders to shreds and the damage starts to spread. However using Gabriel to strengthen himself, Haniel to close the wound and Camiel to recover, Shidou was able to stop the damage from destroying him. However, due to the fact that she had almost killed Shidou, Mukuro started to go Inverse. However with Shidou`s voice and an unexpected help from Inverse Tohka, Shidou was able to seal Mukuro. On top of that, Inverse Tohka herself kissed Shidou, with a request that Shidou does not make "Tohka" sad again.
13) After that, Mukuro moves in to the Spirit Mansion, where Shidou and Mukuro looks towards the stars. Tohka and the rest had their memories recovered, but after seeing Shidou had lost his arm all of them fell into depression due to the guilt, but after using the Medical Realizer Shidou managed to get his arm back and comfort them all. Under the stars, Mukuro asked Shidou to cut her hair and added that only family can touch her hair (Mukuro loves her hair very much, but was willing to cut it)
14) The next day, Shidou Tohka and Origami went to class as usual, only to be shocked by the appearance of Tokisaki Kurumi (also the author says that Kurumi`s arc will be the final chapter of the series? )
Better late than never. See you in a few months when the volume is translated.
Probably should have waited later in the day to post this, OP. But thank you.
Unlikely, user. Everyone will be with Re:Zero since it's the last episode.
Giant braids are my fetish
Damn, I knew Shidou was going to get his arm back but I wanted to have Punished Shidou for at least a while.
Qlipha backstory (Is it actually Qualipha in the LN?)
more of Mukuro's abilities
a cliffhanger we saw coming
Of course Kurumi's sealing will be the final arc. Seal her in one volume, kill her off in the next, and have a cop out after that.
Apparently, the translator misread it
Mukuro is pretty great.
What did he do wrong? Throughout the series, he feels a lot of pain and this latest one bites the cake.
Wait, so it's a three-chapter arc?
Whew, thank goodness. We're certainly heading towards the conclusion, but we still have
...among other things to be taken care of in the story, and it would've been hard to believe all of that could be resolved in one continuous arc.
Shido is growing rapidly too, he managed to stop a blast from Artemesia whom he couldn't touch in vol.13.
When will NEOrigami resurface?
NeOrigami is the base form. When Shidou's around, Oldrigami hijacks NeOrigami's body.
Can someone give me a link to vol 14's summary? I haven't been following Date A Live for a while but Mukuro's so cute.
This user is right.
Vol.14 has been translated for a long time, user.
Really? Okay then.
Shido losing his arm.
That's what I was talking about, I was convinced there would be better scenes in the novel that deserved illustrations than others.
tsunako is a god.
Can't wait for the inevitable Kurumi and Mana fight. Hopefully this is a plot volume and now that we know there are memory shenanigans, things should get interesting, considering Mukuro's ability.
And Mukuro calls Shidou 主様(Nushi-sama). Apparently this is how girls politely calls guys in the Edo period, something like milord.
Mukuro is love.
spoiler canon is da best girl