What's your opinion on Texhnolyze?

What's your opinion on Texhnolyze?

Really damn slow.

It gets better after the first three episodes though
And I'm not sure texhnolyze would've benefited from being more fast-paced

Overrated. It's 7/10 at best.

>Overrated
Are you kidding? It gets constantly shat on, and not only on Cred Forums

Well, it's a show about dystopia so it's correct that it should be slow. But it's tough to watch as a result. I tried to marathon it, but I got bored way too quickly, so I think I spent 3 months to actually finish it instead.

It does what it does well, but what it does is just not exciting, if you get me.

I guess. I like slow pacing so I'm biased, but you're right that some parts of tex were tedious.
>what it does is just not exciting
Did it bore you from the beginning to the end? The show was arguably 19 episodes of buildup that payed off during the last three episodes.

Too dark. Not metaphorically.
I mean literally too dark to actually see anything, especially in the earlier episodes. I swear some scenes were just pure black with some fumbling sounds and sometimes talking.
And when it isn't too dark it's blindingly bright.
Fuck the art direction in this show.

One of Madhouse best if not the best.

Still don't understand the no dialogue of the first episode but Yoshii is one of the best characters Japan has created.

I dropped it like 2 times into first 2 episodes, but once you get into like 5th one it picks up quite well, though the end fell kind of flat.

My favorite.
Very relaxing.

You made this thread earlier, faggot.

Someone put this user on suicide watch.

There was a guy on Cred Forums who's encoding or doing shit with Texhnolyze R2. R1, the version you watched has crushed blacks so that's probably why it was too dark for you.

I was satisfied with the end, and I do find it a solid show, but I kinda feel that it's theme makes it tedious. Which is why I think it's good, not great.

To compare it to a show with a similar, dystopic setting, Shigurui, although the time era nd such is completely different, Shigurui managed to have some moments that recaptured you before it went back to a slow rythm. That show never got finished tho. I think slow shows need more exciting events, just to refresh the viewer kind of.

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully a better rip will be up by the time I come around for a rewatch.

I agree.
>no dialogue
I suppose it's just about the atmosphere. Tex is hardly action-packed
Yeah, Yoshii was amazing. If only he hadn't made the mistake of bringing Shinji along with him, I would've liked to see how far he would've gone.
The music has a lot to do with it. I also found it very calming.
youtube.com/watch?v=X-aujYGbwic
This is the first tex thread I've made.

>Shigurui
Didn't know about this one. Is it worth watching?

>slow shows need more exciting events
What kind of exciting events would you have liked to see in Texhnolyze, though?
The fact that it managed to stay bleak and cold from start to finish is also due to its pacing and storyline.

Yoshi's VA had a lot to do with it

Was it supposed to be a commentary on transhumanism or was it just brutality for brutality's sake?

Also Lain, tex or Haibane Renmei

Probably the former considering Kano's character.

Tex > Lain > HR

I love how depressing it is.

Is it really depressing? It didn't feel that way to me.

More like cathartic.

>I suppose it's just about the atmosphere.
Not quite, the first episode does a lot more than just be atmospheric. It oversees a bunch of converging narrative threads (Ichise's maiming, Yoshii's descent and meeting with Ran/the Gabe elder, Onishi and Doc) while introducing us to Lux and most of its factions without resorting to exposition or anything of the sort.

>Didn't know about this one. Is it worth watching?
Same director, and his style's even more intense in this show though it's not quite as impressive as what he achieved in Texhnolyze.

>The fact that it managed to stay bleak and cold from start to finish is also due to its pacing and storyline.
Though it's definitely a bleak show I wouldn't call the ending sequence cold, especially with the ED song, the visuals accompanying it, and
in mind. It's definitely doing more than just being nihilistic or brutal for brutality's sake.

>without resorting to exposition or anything of the sort.
That's one of the aspects of the show I really liked
It doesn't feel like storytelling, it doesn't explain anything. You're just an observer, but things take place without giving off the impression that you're the viewer.

The surface episodes are some legitimate 11/10 masterpiece shit. I don't think anyone saw that coming, especially not the ten people watching it in when it aired since they apparent'y didn't even broadcast them.

Shigurui is, as the other user mentioned, produced by the exact same folks. It's slightly more focused towards using grotesque scenes to convey it's message, and falls a little bit short in it. It never got a s2 and knowing Madhouse it never will, so if you do pick it up then you'll have to read the manga to get a conclusion to it.

Definitely. The Hopper parallels were beautiful.
They really succeeded in making the surface world seem immobile and dead despite its contrasting appearance to Lux.