Battle Shonen Manga

What does it say about battle shonen when Women write the best manga in the medium?

oh um...

Magi is shit. FMA is excellent but only worth one read through.
HxH best Shonen Manga ever. Will last through several re-reads.

HxH and JoJo 1-6 were written by men.

>Magi is shit.

Only FMA is good
Also, Jojo, HxH, and Gash are better

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

>FMA is good

when will this meme end ?

>HxH
>Good
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>JoJo
It only got good after becoming a Seinen. It was garbage before that.

>HxH
>JoJo
Only part 4 of JoJo is good, and YorkNew is the only good thing about HiatusxHiatus, despite the fact that Togashi gets years of Hiatus to think about the story.

Please stop baiting already.

Magi>FMA>>>>>>>>>>>Rurouni Kenshin>>>>YYH>HxH>>>>>>DB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Literal shit>>>>>>>>>Big 3

>DB

Remove JoJo and you're golden.

>YYH>DB
Yeah no.

Shaman King shits on them all

DB would probably be higher if Z didn't bring the average down so horribly.

Neither YYH or DB are good, they only copy older manga that came before them without bringing anything new to the table.

Not to mention both artists are lazy fucks that
1-Didn't even want to write his manga after Frieza
2-Lost all interest after 100 chapters

There is no "Z" in Dragon Ball.

>Gets killed by helicopter

What older manga did DB copy from?

You're stupid if you think Yu Yu Hakusho is better than Dragon Ball. YYH is basically a dirt poor man's DB.

>There is no "Z" in Dragon Ball.
Not in the manga, but the story and paradigm of Z was invariably different from the original DB, manga or otherwise. And it was worse. Therefore, the latter portion of the manga brings the overall score down.

Magi and YYH are more adventure manga though, similar to early One Piece They're don't focus on fights unlike YYH or DBZ.

And you're a complete retard if you think Dragon Ball wasn't far surpassed in terms of interesting premises and characters by its numerous successors, YYH being one of them.

>YYH is more adventure manga though, it don't focus on fights unlike YYH.
?

>And it was worse.
No, it wasn't stop being a contrarian faggot.

>Therefore, the latter portion of the manga brings the overall score down.
Then everything after the Dark Tournament should bring YYH especially the art.

Nothing was interesting about YYH you retard, like I said YYH is basically a dirt poor man's DB.

I don't even watch HxH but this makes me laugh for some reason.

>What does it say about battle shonen when Women write the best manga in the medium?

And they also write some of the worst.

Sure OP, sure.

RNK, Kinnikuman, HNK

Still better than 90% of the shit there is. So no.

Kenshin is overrated as hell. Only good parts were Kyoto and those OVAs. It's the worst thing on that ranking aside from Bleach and Naruto.

Are you seriously trying to defend Reborn?

Magi's good, but definitely not because of the battles.

All that speed reading dun screwed you over, user.

Dog shit >>>>>>>> magi

Jinchuu arc is far better than most modern Shounen mangaka are capable of these days.

Huh? The fights are great.

Well, yeah. I don't know why people even call it a battle shounen. The actual battles are few and far between. The vast majority of its current arc has been more about politics and economy than anything else.

Wow, you posted one single page out of literally thousands. That's not cherry picking at all. You sure showed him, man.

>Only part 4 of JoJo is good
>Please stop baiting already

You receive what you put out

>No, it wasn't stop being a contrarian faggot.
Except it was and how is that being contrarian? Do you even know what that word means?

Reading about battles is dumb. Wait for the anime. Anytime there are battles in comics, I just skip to the end of the fight to see who won. That's all that matters. Everything else is filler.

>Undoes Saito's death
>Cops out on Kaoru's death
>Heavyhanded moralizing
>Kenshin spend over a volume literally just sitting around angsting
>Side characters fight a bunch of random sameface mooks for multiple chapters just to give them something to do.

It's shit. Only good part was the flashback. It's by far the worst "critically lauded" arc I've ever read.

I'm saying that it's better than 90% of shonen manga.

>Dog shit >>>>>>>> HxH
Fixed.

Don't bother, this autist has been reposting the same cherry picked images in any thread Togashi's work is discussed. He has never read actually any of his manga and is most likely just upset it gets more praise than his favorite battle shounen.

I disagree, they're pretty boring. They explore the magic system somewhat, but they're just not very clever.

Part 1, 2 and 3 have poor character development not to mention a poor storyline, also Asspulls.

Part 4 is the first part to develop it's characters and give them proper interactions, it still has a lot of problems like Araki making his characters forget abilities or other asspulls but it's still good.

5 and 6 are mediocre at best.

>they explore the magic system somewhat
Because only 2 or 3 characters actually use magic? And by 2 or 3 I mean only the Magi.

You're basically complaining about why muggles don't use magic, it's retarded.

>Except it
No it wasn't dumbass

>Do you even know what that word means?
a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion

The first half of Dragon Ball is often overlooked whereas the second half is held in much higher regard by most people. Hence you feel the need to be a contrarian faggot.

You haven't read Magi have you?

>The first half of Dragon Ball is often overlooked
Burgers are a small fraction of the DB fanbase, fuck off.

Stay mad.

It really fucking isn't. The first chunk is the worst comedy manga I've ever read. After that, the Mukuro and Varia arcs are "okay" at best. The Future arc goes completely to shit, and the one after that got so bad I dropped it midway. And from what I hear it went on to have one of the worst endings ever.

>Undoes Saito's death
Good. Saito's the best character. Him dying for no real reason would have been jarring.
>Cops out on Kaoru's death
The point of the whole story was for Kenshin to make ammends for his past and find a happy life. The author was never goind to throw all of that out of the window. He even said that giving him a bad ending would have been a terrible idea.
>Heavyhanded moralizing
How so?
>Kenshin spend over a volume literally just sitting around angsting
That's good. It was necessary for the hero to actually experience a degree of despair for the sake of him ultimately finding the answer he has been searching for as a Rurouni.
>Side characters fight a bunch of random sameface mooks for multiple chapters just to give them something to do.
I don't see how that's detrimental to the arc. It's better than having the side characters simply fading into obscure irrelevance like what happens in so many other Shounen. Although I do think it would have been better to just have them all face Enishi like they did with Shishio.

>This triggers Cred Forums

This entire thread, sekrit club men BTFO

>being this retarded
Why do you think they made a Kai version of the second half and not the first half? Same with the full color editions doing the second half first.

Deal with it faggot.

>a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion
But DB being better than Z isn't an unpopular opinion. Go on any forum with threads that ask which is the superior of the two, the consensus would almost always be that the first half is better, so it's not contrarian in the least to say that. Go and do some actual research instead of spouting half-assed bullshit like a retard.

>But DB being better than Z isn't an unpopular opinion.
Except it is and we're talking about the manga not the shitty adaptations retard.

The funny thing about this post is only one person called out Magi when it's the worst in the list.

>Except it is
All you're doing is making statements with absolutely nothing to back them up. And it doesn't matter whether we're talking about the manga or the anime, nobody's stance on which part of the series is better will change either way. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Just stop embarrassing yourself and quit posting.

So most people have good taste unlike you?

I was actually complimenting the manga in that regard. Metal vessels are still magic and follow rules. Even non-magicians are casting spells. Regardless, whatever they do with fights is generally not very impressive for me.

I guarantee that Magi is better than your favourite battle Shounen.

Are you seriously defending Magi?

>All you're doing is making statements with absolutely nothing to back them up
Same to you dumbass

>Why do you think they made a Kai version of the second half and not the first half? Same with the full color editions doing the second half first.

Hakuryuu's fights with Arba and Alibaba were amazing.

Yeah because Magi is better than Rurouni Kenshin

>Rurouni Kenshin
Shit

Are you seriously having shit taste?

>Good. Saito's the best character. Him dying for no real reason would have been jarring.
I like him too, but it still felt cheap.
>The point of the whole story was for Kenshin to make ammends for his past and find a happy life. The author was never goind to throw all of that out of the window. He even said that giving him a bad ending would have been a terrible idea.
Didn't the author also say it was a dumb idea to bring her back?
>That's good. It was necessary for the hero to actually experience a degree of despair for the sake of him ultimately finding the answer he has been searching for as a Rurouni.
That's true, but it takes up a huge chunk of the arc, and is handled in one of the least interesting ways I can think of (Literally just sitting around, refusing to interact with anyone until he snaps out of it).
>I don't see how that's detrimental to the arc. It's better than having the side characters simply fading into obscure irrelevance like what happens in so many other Shounen. Although I do think it would have been better to just have them all face Enishi like they did with Shishio.
Except they already had plenty to do throughout the arc to give them closure. This was just filler. I admit this one is pretty minor though.

He clearly hasn't read the series

>Magi
Shit

What's wrong with defending Magi? Are you seriously implying it's bad?

They can't control it though, Alibaba's power is fire so he can only shoot flames and cut people with fire.

Meanwhile a magician combines types of magic and amps them to create something more powerful, we've seen Aladdin and Yamu using fog to counter light, Aladdin in the last few chapters bent the world and then reconstructed a human body with alchemy.

Kouen and Alibaba did too but it was basically just shooting a bigger flame, since they don't have knowledge of magic or talent for it.

>a bunch of scribbles
>amazing

sasuga

It's bad.

Yes

Only clever fights really impress me. Explosions, beams and straight-forward fighting don't really impress me. Mag does more than just that, but not enough.

>a bunch of scribbles

>a bunch of scribbles
Someone called?

Imagine having taste this shit.

Bait

>favorite manga gets called out
>"fuck off, you have shit taste"

>This broken english

Don't reply to bait.

This.

>Revealing how much of a pleb you are to the world = calling out
Sure, user.

Kek, that's fucking awful.

What's the point of discussing these series when every other post is just stating one is shit and the other is not, and the other post is just stating vice versa?

>FMA
>Battle Shonen

Magi is fucking garbage

>IP count still the same

Like I said

Thank you for explaining the system. Clearly explaining the technicalities changes something in my argument. Sarcasm aside, yes, the magician fights are generally the more interesting ones (except shit like Yunan vs Arba), but they're not SUPER interesting.

Like this. It's nothing impressive, compared with the hype bullshit other battle shounen pulls off.

I don't get why everyone gets so pissed at me for saying Magi's battles aren't impressive. I like Magi for the characters, plot, politics and the fleshed-out setting.

Meh. Medaka Box is still the best battle shounen.

>hype bullshit
You mean rubber nen bringing people back to life?
I can stop time too?

A thread about battle shonen written by women and no Kekkaishi nor Birdmen mentions

Yellow sensei will be rolling in her grave.....if she was dead

>FMA
>Not a Battle Shonen

Don't reply to bait.

>those
>best battle shonen

That is a pretty big claim to make.

Or perhaps you don't care and just want to upset the men here by showing that women are better at making shonen. Is that what you're trying to do OP?

If only we got Birdmen scans. So far it's good, but nothing much has happened.

Let's be real. This is the best battle shonen

Chimera Ant, as well, is one of the best shonen arcs, though, in general, Hunter x Hunter doesn't have any bad arcs. Reading the Prince stuff in the most recent chapters, even, it's hard to believe that this manga is aimed at Naruto's demographic.

Part 2. Joseph best Jojo. Joseph best shonen protag, as well.

Poorly written fights are like that. Unfortunately most shonen fights are poorly written, in that you won't be missing any extra characterization or clever strategies by skipping fights.

When I started doing this with One Piece I stopped reading One Piece. You aren't going to be reading something like that for a quality storytelling or character development, so if the action's garbage what's the point? For the former you'd be better off with any dime store novel.

Nah, the final arc is awful.

Errrr... it says women can write good manga too?

Why are you guys turning this into a gender debate? Both men and women are capable of making good content so I'm sort of wondering why this is even a big deal. It's all subjective taste anyways.

It's my first post in the thread you fucking moron, are you so insecure that you must lie about the IP count?

>I like him too, but it still felt cheap.
Eh. Like I said, it would have been jarring to have him die just like that, when there was no real reason for it to happen. It would've lacked a lot of emotional impact. I guess it's a take-or-leave kind of thing.
>Didn't the author also say it was a dumb idea to bring her back?
I don't think so? It's been a while since I've read any of Watsuki's comments or interviews, but I do seem to remember him saying that he decided to keep Kaoru alive because he thought the ending wouldn't have been satisfying otherwise.
>That's true, but it takes up a huge chunk of the arc, and is handled in one of the least interesting ways I can think of (Literally just sitting around, refusing to interact with anyone until he snaps out of it).
I think it was handled pretty well myself. Besides, with Kenshin out of the picture for that length of time, it gave Yahiko some more character development on his part.
>Except they already had plenty to do throughout the arc to give them closure. This was just filler. I admit this one is pretty minor though.
Well, it didn't really hurt to have them show off their skills one last time. But again, I personally would have had Enishi just go through them.

I don't know what you're trying to do by bringing HxH up. HxH has some good fights and some retarded fights, but HxH's best fights are more interesting than Magi's best. Magi does other things that HxH doesn't.

>It's my first post in the thread you fucking moron
If the IP count didn't change, then no it isn't. How new are you?

Everything about Magi is awful. Your point?

>1 arc is bad so whole story is automatically shit
HxH only has 1 good arc and people praise it as 10/10 masterpiece

HxHfags are not people. They're circlejerking retards that came with the 2011 anime

His post wasn't even about Magi in the slightest. Are you retarded?

Women make the best manga in all media because males just draw girls with big tits acting like retarded predator-bait and call it a day.

>Yellow sensei will be rolling in her grave.....if she was dead

Never have i see someone use an expression in such a stupid way.

>Are you retarded?
Most Magi shitposters are.

Well then they obviously consider it to have at least more than 1 good arc?

That's an exaggeration. And generalizing.

Women make all their male characters fujo bait.

>Why are you guys turning this into a gender debate?
Who's doing that? This thread is just a bunch of autists flinging shit at each other over their favourite children's comic.

So, you are retarded. Good to know.

----->------>

Yeah, if the fights were clever I'd likely read them, but most of the time they are just flashy filler. Not that it matters, because it's always better in anime format anyway, so I just watch that.

Daredevil on netflix was so fucking horrible for that and it was live action though. Every episode had ten minutes of that asshole punching people and it never changed anything except maybe the time punisher shot him in the head.

2 posts out of 120+, user.

>What does it say about battle shonen when Women write the best manga in the medium?
Grown women know what little boys want?

>Daredevil
>Netflix

Still, I don't really get why people are attempting to spark a debate about which member of which gender writes the best manga when at the end of the day everyone's just gonna have their own tastes.

That and I'm fairly certain that second post was baiting.

Yeah, it's a pretty similar genre. Both based on fighting comic books. It's good, but Matt Murdock is such a moronic faggot you'll be yelling at the television every time he makes a decision.

Women can write better characters. Most male writers can not write female characters to save their lives.

Let me finish what you started, OP

>What does it say about battle shonen when Women write the best manga in the medium, Cred Forums? Does it upset you that these women are more creative and talented in creating manga while you're being useless pieces of shits? Only feminist men like me are right in this modern age. If i ever have a girlfriend i'll let her sleep with any guys she wants.

>Most male writers can not write female characters to save their lives.
How so?

Name some examples of well-written women by male authors.

that would imply anyone from FMA is interesting, which they aren't
>ohhhh man it's that cold heartless military guy who's an asshole
>ohhhh man it's that chick who works under him who's also cold
>wacky banter and faces from the main fujoshit characters

Juliet.

What qualifies as a well written female character in your book?

Are you implying Roy Mustang isn't interesting? Because holy shit, you are so wrong on so many levels.

Anime writers have pretty good female characters.

>Roy Mustang isn't interesting?
he isn't. you're pretty retarded.

Who?
That I find them interesting and compelling
Name some.

>Faye Valentine
>Fuu from Samurai Champloo
>Any character from Madoka Magica
>Any character from a Miyazaki movie
Fuck even the female characters from kill la kill are pretty interesting ignoring the obvious fanservice. And Panty and Stocking are just funny characters.

>kill la kill
Only Satsuki. Everyone else is bad.

Who's interesting on FMA? Winry? She's not interesting, she's just boring.

Nah.

Ryuko's one of the most compelling female anime characters I've seen in years and she was written by a guy. I think you might be trying a bit too hard to make men look like a bunch of apes.

it's not. im sorry i dont have the same bad taste in anime characters as you do

>That I find them interesting and compelling

There you have it folks, the true hard facts.
The rest of you people are stupid because you can't find characters interesting and compelling like him. You guys should be ashamed for being so stupid.

Women write the same boring trope characters that men write. What the fuck are these people even talking about?

Usually you can tell when a woman is behind a work, with FMA, you can't.

Nah.

Since when were you under the impression that Kubo was a man?

You asked me for my criteria, and I gave it. No shit that it's subjective. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together shouldn't need that explained to them.

>Anime writers have pretty good female characters.

I also forgot to mention that the girls from the LWA movies are interesting, plus Haruko Haruhara.

I don't read much manga but it seems like both male and female writers are capable of writing compelling characters regardless of gender. That's just me, though.

I can't tell if this is supposed to be an example of one or if you're just providing a funny meme reaction pic.

>Witch Academia
Literally a meme show.

I bet you think Gurren Lagann and space dandy have good characters too.

>Tomino characters start talking about "men and women"

Really? I knew he suspiciously look like a dyke

>everything i don't like must be a meme
Your insecurity is showing.

DBZ paradigm started with the Piccolo arc you dum dum

Best Shounen coming through.

This.

bumping

>Yunan vs Arba
>shit
Arba caught a lightning with her hands, and threw it back at him while maintaining her nipple erection

It's your taste that is shit

This

Nanatsu no Taizai. It is written by a man and it's still one of the best shounen I've read.

>Fairy Tail 2.0
>Literally powerlevels

Nah fuck off

What are you implying? Your examples, and the ones in this thread show that an authors sex has nothing to do with how good their manga are.

post her erect nipples right after

>it's still one of the best shounen I've read.
The only excuse for such terrible taste is if you've read 5 Shounen max. NNT is dogshit.

I'll give you FMA, but Magi has been complete shit for well over 100 chapters now.

>Nanatsu no Taizai
>Fairy Tail 2.0
Hello, shitposter-kun. Just so you know, there's no /ss/ in Fairy Fail. That alone proves you wrong. And I don't remember any>Literally powerlevels in it so that makes it 2. Before trolling one must do his homework first. So you fuck off.

I honestly feel bad for the fags who can't enjoy NnT. It's like a love letter to anyone who grew up reading Dragon Ball and playing early Final Fantasy.

>It's like a love letter to anyone who grew up reading Dragon Ball and playing early Final Fantasy.
No wonder it's so bad then.

as much as I like Nakaba's artstyle, the story is very quickly becoming AWFUL.

>It's like a love letter to anyone who grew up reading Dragon Ball and playing early Final Fantasy.
Picked up

>I'll give you FMA, but Magi has been complete shit for well over 100 chapters now.

>Hakuryuu and Judar vs Arba
>Hakuryuu and Judar vs Aladdin and Alibaba
>Alibaba and Judar spacebros little arc
>Hakuryuu getting his shit stomped by the alliance
>Babanomics political/trading arc along with Arba vs Yunan and Aladdin/Hakuryuu/Morgiana

>Shit

That's some awful taste you got there

Confirmed for underage b&

Magi is literally the best Shounen going right now.

>It's like a love letter to anyone who grew up reading Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball is genuine garbage though

That post is retarded.

Objectively wrong. It's the most beloved and influential battle shounen in existence.

Except it's true

>no /ss/
>meliodas is literally got the physique of a shota and liz is all grown up

>Objectively wrong.
"obectively"

> It's the most beloved
Popular maybe
>influential battle shounen in existence.
Not at all
>they only copy older manga that came before them without bringing anything new to the table.

Yeah, and NNT following DB's influence to the point that it even has power levels is one of the reasons it's become so awful now.

My niggas

I admit Clear Note is not as good as the rest, but it's still an okay closure

No it's retarded

They're not even power levels, they're RPG stats. The total level is included to pay homage to DB.

>Dragon Ball isn't the most influential battle shounen in existence.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Fucking dumbass

"Popular" and "beloved" are synonyms, you fucking moron.

Maybe you already noticed your mistake, user, but I was talking about the abscence of /ss/ in Fairy Fail. There's no containing it in NnT.

>Dragon ball copies other manga that japanese praise
>It's more influential
"no"

Western shitter stop being retarded

This. It's only good as a Seinen so it doesn't qualify.

>being this retarded
wew

I need to read this. Watched the anime aub on TV when I was younger, but it never finished its run. Don't know how it ends.

I caught up to Magi last week after putting it on hold for a while. While the pacing for some arcs can be a problem, I really enjoy it. It's not my favorite by any means, but it shits on most shonen series that are currently running.

Also Alibaba finally got a waifu and ended up cucking that edgelord with the burn on his face who tried to claim her as his own a while back.

An user is currently storytiming the manga. One volume a day. You should join in, it's really one of the best shonen

>
That's the most recent thread.

Yo

Thanks user. Going to binge while I can.

I'm a fan of Yumekui Merry, personally.

hi

Clear note wasn't amazing but the way it ended felt so rewarding. An underrated gem.

>reading manga
>not reading light novels
>being illiterate

this is the point. DB hasn't got any page like that.

It doesn't change anything, a mangaka is mangaka, you sexist shitlord.

>not reading light novels

No thanks. Most LN's are unreadable pieces of shit written by hack authors that pander to Otaku.

This. Very much this.

Is that fucking Cell?

No, that's Meurem. Meurem was a Cell-copy or "tribute" that killed countless people but it was okay because he wanted to fuck a blind girl and therefore he dindu nothin'.

>The state of this entire thread

Hokuto no Ken is the best battle shounen of all time and is almost pretty much the best manga of all time. Why do you all have such incredibly shit taste in everything.

>board:Anime and MANGA
>muh LNs

>Magi first
correct

I have never read a good LN aside from Baccano and Haruhi.

How does pic related place in this ranking?

Ask a Magifag why Magi is good and they'll only say politics.. Seriously, Magi is nothing special, when will people realize that it's just not good?

How? The overall story was never really the highlight of the series, it was characters and their motives. The first arc was about saving the kingdom and the current one is saving the country from rampaging demons. They're both very simple premise, it's the Sins and their character/motives that makes the manga worthwhile.

>with FMA, you can't.
Not with the many bara characters she designs

Below the Big 3. It's a worse version of Naruto.

HxH is good, but the Chimera Ant arc is awful.

Wait another 100 or so chapters.

It's Naruto except worse and less original.

Magi dropped the ball hard at Alma Torran and then just went full retard after the edgelord arc.

The "NnT is bad because of power levels" is a meme at this point. You will never find an user that hates NnT for a legit reason. Not to mention, it's power level system is by far the best I've seen in manga.

>Only part 4 of JoJo is good
>YorkNew
you're the only nigger baiting here

I bet you can't give a reason why.

Well, dudes do write the best Shoujo.

>Best Shounen coming through.
so fucking overrated

Anime presents the best argument for the inability of men to write decent female characters. So many of them in anime can be simplified into archetypes catered towards the taste of otaku (kuudere, tsundere, yandere, along with harem cliches like the maid, the childhood friend). NHK said it best:

"Real life girls are nothing but trash. That's why its essential that girls in gal games aren't realistic. Their only purpose is to fulfill the player's every desire.They approach you with nothing but kind intentions and then they innocently fall in love with you for no apparent reason. They have no ulterior motives and they won't betray you no matter what. Therefore, it is our sacred duty as gal game creators to design female characters that could not possibly exist in the real world."

Most female characters from shonen anime, of course, don't fair much better.

One thing I noticed while reading Harry Potter: Women are just generally better at writing male characters, and at getting inside the heads of men as people, than men are at writing female ones. This holds true for the like of Full Metal Alchemist or D. Gray-Man as well.

>Reading about battles is dumb. Wait for the anime. Anytime there are battles in comics, I just skip to the end of the fight to see who won.
This is one of the shittiest opinions I've ever seen on Cred Forums. Even books can have good fight scenes, a manga with drawings can and should do even better.

Good fights don't necessarily need to be clever or strategic. I mean, if that is your personal taste and you only read things with battles like Jojo that is ok, but you can definitely write/draw well things like traditional punching and kicking fights between normal people, or a shootout.

wasted trips

>HxH is good, but the Election arc is awful.
Fixed

Trips don't lie

>W-wait until chapter 200 before you judge
Dumb

Worse than Naruto before the chuunin exam arc, better than Naruto after the chuunin exam arc.

Yeah, no.

Search fro Tsundae wasn't that good, and Sasuke in a pickle jar was the beginning of the end.

Was scrolling through the thread and it seems like these two faggots are pretty much the only ones with shit taste. Good to know most of Cred Forums at least agrees in FMA being a 10/10. Seems like not all hope is lost here

>Women are just generally better at writing male characters

Made me lol so hard.

And then his fucking examples are
>Harry Potter
literally for children, neither
the children nor the adults in the story are
especially complicated characters

>D. Gray-Man
Panders to fucking fujos, overly emotional
and sensible males, also fucking near gay friendship

>Full Metal Alchemist

Woman like to write guys 'cleaner' than they should be, same with how male authors write the females as waifu character to pander ot the male demography
Women also often have the male characters as some kind of soft type which means overly emotional and sensible to share their feelings and hug other males, in not only life and death situations in which might be allowed.

So where is this 'better written' coming from?

That's not Dragon Ball or Shaman King

>That's not Dragon Ball or Shaman King
Let me guess, babies first manga? Believe it or not there are actually better things out there than the two to three things you already watched.

>close friendships are gay
>hugging is unrealistic

Seems like you just don't know what it's like to have a bro.

>literally for children

So is shonen. I don't expect the female characters in shonen to be insanely complex. But I do expect them to have their own arcs and personal motivation, and to stand out, as likable characters, in someway, for reasons independent of their gender.

Not on Dragon Ball but it's a close second

>Gets killed by helicopter
Flowers never happened

>they only copy older manga that came before them
Bullshit
DB pretty much invented the modern battle shonen

HAHAHA no. The only point in time where MHA even stands a chance to Naruto is after the Pain arc. Naruto had better villains, characters, fights and everything.

Even though Kishi dropped the ball, 80% of Naruto is still a pretty quality series. MHA doesn't really do anything, it's like the mangaka is scared to take any chances so he just makes training arcs and villains who get beaten by kids whose powers aren't even mature.

It's worse than Naruto in every way, the story still hasn't gotten anywhere.

Fairy Tail is the best

We are all different of course but most males have been told by their environment what a guy has to be and being wimpy and emotional is for example not what normally is allowed.
Of course exception exist and I dont say anything is bad but most cultures kind of have a image what a has to be like.

To group hugs, I need to be more specific but those I mean make them seem really gay, it is not the 'We won a soccer game, team goup hug' kind or whatever. Not sure how to describe it but taking someone in their arm when their best friend died, crying...
That is not so normal, at least normally wouldnt show in manga when a male writes the scene but D. Grayman has them hugging being emotional exactly this not normal

But in Harry potter the characters at least some of them are even more simple.
the 'evil' dursleys they completely remind of the family of cinderella.

Midori from Midori no Hibi
Anna from Shaman King
Haibara from Detective Conan
Eva Heinemann from Monster

Chitoge Kirisaki from Nisekoi

Nice meme bleach is shit

It's why the battle shonen genre is dead

>Not at all
Kill yourself
Not only is it the most influential battle shonen ever it's the most influential shonen manga...PERIOD

Everyone started having spiky hair after Goku went Super Saiyan for a reason

>Gash

This guy gets it

I think you're the one with shit taste. NnT is great.

>b-but power leffuls, its trying to be dbz!!

You mean the JRPG-like system that only measures the character's overall power and willpower, and doesn't really determine any fights? Also the fact that it's not in our faces all the time like a scouter is.

>b-but its Fairu Teiru 2.0
>It's medieval and is in the same magazine therefore its the same, dont argue with me

Jesus Christ, you're such a faggot.

>80% of Naruto is still a pretty quality series.

Naruto didn't start doing retarded shit until the Pain arc ended. You're just an edgy kid who thinks it's cool to hate on Naruto because it's popular. I know it has problems, but it's far from a terrible series. And unlike MHA, it actually did shit.

MHA is a constant loop of nothing.

more like 20%. You've obviously forgotten how much of the series takes place after the timeskip. And it's not like all the stuff before then was gold, either.

Naruto definitely hit higher highs than Hero, but the decade of disappointment after those highs has just crushed it in my mind and made the thought of re-reading it unbearable.

Hero is a consistent 6, Naruto went from 8 or 9 in its first few years, to veering wildly between 7 and 1 for the rest of its run, mostly the latter. I mean fuck, they had an arc where EVERY DEAD CHARACTER got revived all at once. this was an actual plot point. I hate that I have to type it out.

>This is one of the shittiest opinions I've ever seen on Cred Forums.
Is it really?
Most battle shonen have crappy drawn fights where you can't tell what's going on because there's so much shit going on in the page and the paneling is utter garbage

Not every battle manga is Dragon Ball which had very well drawn and comprehensible fights

>"waaaaaaaah babby's first manga"
You realize that FMA is the definition of that don't you?

>80% of Naruto is still a pretty Q U A L I T Y series
ftfy

As much as I like Gash, but did no one get annoyed by
- the friendship speeches
. resulting power ups through friendship
- will of iron to fight and powerup
- super determined eyes which stop demons in their path and they fear suddenly to attack

- and by the somewhat pretentious MC and co, the demons came to the human world to fight and victor to become king but the MC and co, no they are not allowed to do that, they sent a friends demon back, how evil. But we are right, we only fight when we are attacked by those evil people.

I mean it is a good story and has plenty of humor and the action is also okay but there were those moments which were kinda annoying.

>Most battle shonen have crappy drawn fights where you can't tell what's going on because there's so much shit going on in the page and the paneling is utter garbage

I agree, but the original post said:
>Reading about battles is dumb.
as a blanket statement which is just stupid. And I actually knew people like that in real life, who would avoid manga because battles are only fun if they have color, sound and movement, or if they're full of clever "gotchas".

MHA is a consistent 5.

And since you claim that most of Naruto is terrible, then try and list some cases of bad writing and inconsistencies that aren't after the Pain arc.

Shit, didn't see these to quote in I mean, yes, the power of friendship stuff can get grating, but of any fictional series i've seen, Gash Bell pulls off power of friendship the best, probably because Raiku goes out of his way to make characters actually need that postivity. There's so much dark and emotionally depressing stuff that happens to characters or in their backstories that most of the time the cheesy friendship stuff feels genuine because it's actually bringing characters out of disparity.

There's also the bit at the end of the series that manages to make it not cheesy the same way G Gundam makes the power of love not cheesy: just channel it into a fucking massive, insanely hype attack

It was a step down from the prior 2 but it wasn't bad. I'd still say it was better then the first arc: At least the clear arc only lasts like 4 volumes, the fucking intial faffing about with no plot lasts for the first 11 volumes.

But what he said is kinda correct
It's really hard to enjoy battles in most battle manga because you can't tell what's going on in most of them due to the busy art

So if you're just reading for the battles you're not getting anything out of it

You're right OP
Inuyasha was the best

If you can't understand a manga's fights because of the art, that's just the fault of the artist, not the medium.

To me it's usually not an issue of readability so much as of flow.

It's very hard to actually make the actions in a fight from one panel to the next feel connected and have a sense of motion even if you can tell what's going on anf see actions follow through.

similarly, attacks having a sense of weight is very hard to pull off.

One Piece shits so hard on most of these
And shits slightly less harder on some

To be honest, the whole first arc is full of forced melodrama. Only as the series goes on did the author learn to make it more natural, but even then you had the whole Ted thing that felt more forced than anything in the first arc. The anons in the recent Gash dump who sometimes say things like:
>Just wait for the next chapter, you're definitely gonna cry! Emotional roller-coaster incoming! (not exactly this of course)
are either exaggerating or it's their first manga. The power ups through friendship thing didn't bother me because it's an actual in-universe mechanic of the books. The rest doesn't bother me because it's all expected of an action manga for children.

The most overrated manga in history. If it wasn't the best selling, no one would even like it.

Except that it isn't even nearly as popular as Dragonball

>If it wasn't popular nobody would like it

no shit

Not fair, Magi characters are made of jelly, they can twist n' shit.

FMA did a pretty nice job integrating battle with plot, when I think about it. Public menace Scar, the Ishvalan ghettos, the Greed-Bradley-Al-Ed sewer battles.

I'm on chapter 40, and I think its sucks so far

Will it get incredbly better or is it just not for me and I can give up on it?

Fucking savage

It's pretty damn popular with plebs actually

user who is doing the dump threads here.

It's hard to say, It DOES get a lot better once the plot actually gets going, pretty much every aspect of it improves; but it's not like it becomes a fundamentally different series or anything, and the actual next arc and plot doesn't star till volume 11, and even then it's not an instant change/improvement once you hit that point

What in particular aren't you liking about it so far? The art, and both how battles are structured/their complexity get WAY better, with tactics actually plying a much larger role, and the choreography of character's attacks and movements having great flow to it; for instance, but the "core" of the series in that how it uses humor and darker/sadder stuff (as with Koruru's chapters) stuff stays consistent, but it does get better at utulizing humor and emotional moments and squeezing more out of them.

Not him, I'm:
If you're at chapter 40, read at least until the end of volume 5. As the series goes on the plot gets slightly more complex and the fights only get better. But it's still a very simple shonen and to me that is kinda the appeal. It never tries anything overly ambitious with the plot or characters, it just does well what it sets out to do. It knows it's just a fun battle manga for children and never jumps the shark from that.

I'm reading OP (mostly watching up to enies lobby then reading) it's so fucking good I don't know why I listened to this bunch of fuccboi on hxh thread who clamed it's complete garbage.

It starts getting kind of hit or miss once you get to around chapter 600, but anyone who says it's garbage is just being a contrarian.

I hate the character design but that's not something that would make me drop a manga
The battles so far were pretty boring to me, I didn't see a single hint of all the cool strategy people say about it
The humor is nice, pretty much the only thing I would rate 7/10 so far
People also say it is a pretty emotional manga, but for me most attempts to make a sentimental moment felt like a mexican soap opera, the characters cry over anything, and act like any sad story is the massacre of their families, anything made them incredbly sad and incredbly angry, this flat drama really gets on my nerves

... Still haven't responded. You faggots are all bark and no bite. Pitiful edgy kids just like I said.

>after becoming a Seinen
So, in which part?

Satsuki was a literal retard.

Ryuko was good for the first half, only to go all over the damn place after that.

you lose

I hate the character design but that's not something that would make me drop a manga
>The battles so far were pretty boring to me, I didn't see a single hint of all the cool strategy people say about it

Well, you haven't even hit the point where the art and fights start to improve, so no surprise there. The fights start to get a little more strategic around volume 6 or so, and it gradually improves from there, but It doesn't REALLY get really good at it till like halfway into the second arc/in the third arc.

It's similar with the art. Around volume 7ish the you'll notice the art has gotten a lot less rough, but it doesn't actually get really great untill arc 2/3

For reference, arc 1 ends at volume 11, arc 2 ends at 17, arc 3 ends midway into 29; arc 4/the series ends at the end of 33

Personally, I think arc 1 is 6/10 decent, arc 2 is 8/10, 3 is 8.5/10, and 4 drops down to like 7.75/10

>The humor is nice, pretty much the only thing I would rate 7/10 so far
The humor stays pretty consistent. it doesn't really get worse or get better, but towards the end of the third arc and for most of the final arc, it starts to not be as prevalent as the stakes start to get bigger.

>People also say it is a pretty emotional manga, but for me most attempts to make a sentimental moment felt like a mexican soap opera, the characters cry over anything, and act like any sad story is the massacre of their families, anything made them incredbly sad and incredbly angry, this flat drama really gets on my nerves

It gets a bit better at executing on these but if you don't like it at all now in this regard I don't think you'll really like it that much more later on either.

a few volumes into Steel Ball Run

bump

>>Harry Potter

Opinion discarded, next time talk about manga.

I guess my bottom line piece of advice is that if good fights/art and humor are enough to keep you interested, i'd keep going so you can get to the good fights

But if that alone isn't enough, and the emotional stuff isn't doing it for you, then i'd stop

It starts going south after ennies lobby and Marineford(the last arc before the ts) buries it forever. You see, Marineford wasn't very well written or anything, it was just full-on battle but it worked perfectly as a culmination, the culmination of part 1.

After the T-S it's been really bad.

The dramatic parts really do take time to become better. I'd say that the end of the Zophise arc is where it hits its stride in terms of actually feeling for the characters. Leila's trauma, Patty's sacrifice, and Sherry's breakdowns are great

God damn can Murata draw action like no one else. That manhole cover ricochet sequence is still one of my favorite bits in OPM.