What did you think about this show Cred Forums?

What did you think about this show Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Se-2l5A2wu4
youtube.com/watch?v=bYCRTmGonlM
youtube.com/watch?v=lmko19MH8r0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the short and sweet story arc with good pacing and character driven plot outshined Pokemon in the 90's, after the initial hit of the first season they managed to capitalise on the success by having a good time skip season where your beloved protagonists matured in age.
After 3~5 or so sagas/seasons it finally ran out of steam but overall it was comfy while it lasted.

Digimon 2 (or whatever its called) is better.

What?

I like how they have so many different charachters to expand on. Pokemon had like 3 maximum and Digimon starts off with seven, not counting the digimons.

Tamers was better

tamers was better. much better.

SHOW ME YOUR BRAVE HEART

>what did jp think of this series
MUGENDAI NA YUME NO ATO NO

>what did gaijin who aren't shiteaters think of this series
MUGENDAI NA YUME NO ATO NO

Masterpiece.

God tier opening

10/10

Loved it as a kid
Has aged poorly

Best Kids show ever. Best German Anime Opening too, show it to anyone over the age of 20 and they will know it. 'murricans got that shitty Digirap thing no wonder it never took off there, i pity them so much.

Tamers was actually the last good and best one, the rest sucked till now.

Frontier was pretty good.

A whole lot better than it was probably intended to be.

>Tamers was actually the last good and best one, the rest sucked till now.
Savers and Xros Wars are decent. Not amazing but they're fine.

Frontier is okay, it's just it ran way longer than it needed to.

>Has aged poorly
I actually don't think it has. I mean, animation wise, okay yeah, when you get older it was pretty cheap but the show as a whole, actually still good

I am only on season 1 guys, should I keep going?

What season is best?

Maybe, i dont quite remember the plot and characters, but i guess it was decent.

Rewatched it the other day and still liked it. The CG was something else.

Yeah the German OP is god tier.
Most people I talked to remember the song but have no idea what the show was about.

I really liked Frontier.
The bad guy turning out to be the brother of one of the kids was a pretty neat twist.

Watch up to the 3rd season. Digimon tamers aka the 3rd season is objectively the best written one. The dude who did Serial lain wrote it so you will see some similarities to it. It also has my favourite opening too just listen to it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Se-2l5A2wu4

For gods sake man use spoiler.

I wonder how many people who say "only watch up to Tamers" or "Tamers was the last good one" actually watched the ones after that

>>Watch up to the 3rd season.
>Telling people to skip out on Savers, the most underrated season

RIP Wada
also posting hotblooded version
youtube.com/watch?v=bYCRTmGonlM

Yea i am really glad we got those amazing openings for most of our shows. Did you listen to the 'murrican One piece op, its fucking atrocious.

3 Germanfags I count
>LEB DEINEN TRAUM

although I love the Japanese version more, I still like the German version

Yea i think i enjoyed it too back then. Oh i just remembered, it was koichi no? That was actually really amazing.

The show is like what, 15 years old?
I don't think anyone can still be spoilered by now.

I watched up to the one were agumon came back as a partner, data squad or something. That one sucked hated it, even as a kid

I thought savers was really good too. the beginning is hard to get into, but it really picks up.

>That one sucked hated it
Except it didn't, fuck off

Is that the newer one were basically every fight got resolved by the MC punching the opponent REALLY HARD?

You spoiled for me man. Not everyone spends their entire free time watching japanese shows for children you know.

I like every german version of the japanese openings more, but the melody is the same, so to me they are both amazing. Suprised to see some germans in here.

well, the MC punches opponent Digimon to trigger evolution
on occasion he punches the opponent to death
youtube.com/watch?v=lmko19MH8r0

not liking hotblooded protagonist, who punches Digimon like no tomorrow

Yea that one, it was too stupid. Even as a kid i couldnt get into it, even though Agumon was my favourite digimon from Digimon 01.

>data squad

yeah it sucks if you watch the dub. the sub is amazing though

Never watched a sentai right

If you liked it more power to you just couldnt stand it. From what i remember it wasnt too bad otherwise. Wouldnt recommend it to people trying to get into watching digimon though. Or maybe i would, Mc really was really shonen like.

So you will also get mad if some one tells you Darth Vader is Luke's Father?

10/10 waifus

Kind of a jerk move to do in a thread where someone is asking about the original trilogy, obviously not having watched it.

I did watch the Dub, you too? Did it get better when you watched it subbed, might look back into it.

mmmm mermaimon.

blonde and a mermaid!

for

When Savers ACTUALLY gets good?
I tried to watch it sub and managed to get till they make contact with the feral kid in the digiworld
I tried really hard to get that far, but man it was stupid as a bag of bricks

I'm always surprised when I remember how few episodes the original show actually had, it felt much longer back in the day. It has a great way of setting and developing each arc in a way that feels different from what they had been doing before, I mean, if you compare it to something like Saint Seiya's anime Digimon was much more thought out even if it was meant for a younger audience.

I can't believe it had any success in the US when they replaced the awesome OST with that weird pseudo rap thing. Brave Heart is just the best.

Yeah, I remember the Dark Masters arc going on forever when I was a kid, and I was shocked it was only 13 episodes as an adult. Especially Machinedramon only getting 2 episodes.

>rip
Ah, shit. I didn't know.

>I tried to watch it sub and managed to get till they make contact with the feral kid in the digiworld
That's around when it starts picking up

>I'm always surprised when I remember how few episodes the original show actually had
54 is few?

Rewatched it a few weeks ago. Loved it. That being said, the animation was almost laughable at times.

Still feeling really mixed with Tri.

The one that seemed eternal to me is the second arc, from the first ultimate or whatever third evolution, they spread out, they have individual adventures, just some get the upgrade, they go back to reality, shit happens. Some characters got their 3rd evolutions way later in the next arc. It's nice to have a ton of interesting designs but not be sure if you're gonna see them or not (and doing it with secondary characters besides OP last minute angel shit) and it ends up being a bit hard to say if you finished a smaller arc or it's all part of the same thing. If anything it was a very original structure for children tv.

For 4 arcs and how much happened, yeah. I mean, maybe it came earlier to latin america but it was airead next to older shows here where nothing happened for 20 episodes in a row. Or enemy of the week stuff like Medabots that only had 1/3th or less for a continuous story near the end, in comparison so much more happened in Digimon all the time that it felt as if it should had been longer.

Was rewatching Tamers recently and i forgot how amazing the characters Impmon and Rika were, or even most of the cast. Really nice development for a series geared at young kids.

Tamers has a slow start and takes a while to get good, but it's surprisingly decent when it does.

Anyone else go to see the first Tri movie on Thursday? They actually did a really good job with the dub. Kept the Japanese music in the background. Even Brave Heart during digivolving.

I did not.

Myotismon arc > Dark Masters arc > File Island arc > Etemon Arc

Myotismon was one suave motherfucker.

Was the movie worth watching? If so after which season?

Yeah it's worth a watch. Takes place after 02.

I used to self insert as him when I was 8, I'm so glad he grew up and banged Kari in the end

Don't let your memes be dreams.

Yes. Enjoy KNIFE OF DAY.

So edgy and yet it fits matt so well

I didnt, i self inserted as Tai but had a conflicting realtionship with it, considering i had a crush on kari too as a kid.

Did it flop?

Brave Heart and Butterfly are both 10/10. The OST in general was brilliant.

I pity the americans who had some rap songs.

And his newest hit "They're fighting again oh god it's my fault please, please stop"

I don't know how it did overall but I wasn't expecting a lot of people in my theater and when I got there it was full of people.

Tamers, V-Tamer and the Xros Wars manga are the only ones that you can really call good.
The others, aside from Frontier, 02 and Hunters (those are really bad) are just fine. And Adventure is the worst of the "just fine" group.

Nothing wrong in developing incest thougts since an early age, user. Plus 02 Kari was 100% bangable material

I guess Tai was the obvious self insert, but I was much younger than him when I watched the show, so Tk was the cool dude to me.

That's kinda heartwarming to read.

It was really the best time I've had at a movie theater in a long time.

I rewatched in subbed 2 years ago, I liked it even better.

First watched it as a kid. Rewatch it every year. It's still my favorite anime and I'm so excited for the next Tri movie coming out in a week.

What's your favourite season?

Adventure, though (unlike most of the board) I also really enjoy 02. And Tri might seize the crown when it's completed.

The other digimon series are mostly good, but have different universes and characters and I'm not half as attached to them.

I liked that movie where they DDOS'd a digimon and had to go back

Adventure is season 1 right? That's the one Im on now.

Rewatched and watched every season recently
Wasnt worth it. Never again

Yes.

I think digimon was the first show to make me cry as a kid. I dont quiet remember which season it was but it ended with all the digimon having to leave their owners after fighting some pink slime. Killed me as a kid

Almost the entire main cast really. Shaochung, Hirokazu, and Kenta probably being the only exceptions and they even received a little development.

Juri has her shy -> depression -> overcoming arc
Takato has his immature -> realizing his impact -> having to take charge arc
Jianliang has his pacifist -> arbiter arc that culminates in him being a very rare case of someone undeveloping by the ending (for good reason)
Ruki has her Angery -> Confused -> Accepting arc

And Impmon gets a giant redemption arc

Damn Tamers was phenomenal

How does one enjoy 02 exactly?

identifying with the NEET hiki genius

Who? You don't mean Koshiro right? Because he barely does anything in 02 except be mission control

Ken. Though he wasn't the only reason I liked it.

How bad is frontier actually? I actually remember kind of enjoying it. Also are the movies any good?

Tamers > S1 > S2 > Frontier

Frontier has an odd premise that I hope they never do again, but as a show, it's pretty standard stuff and not bad at all. Untill they beat the boss of the first part. Then the story keeps going and becomes repetitive shit against the same villains and 2/3 of the cast become batteries for the main two guys. It's a total mess in the second part. The last episode is really good though

bump.

Digimon Adventure Pilot > Our War Game > Digimon Adventure episode 21 > Tamers >> the rest