Is this actually good or is it just a meme show?

Is this actually good or is it just a meme show?

It's alright. Definitely worth watching.

It's a shitfest, don't watch it.

Why not try out for yourself?

>Regarded as anime cream de la cream
>THIS SHOW RATED 10/10
>HURR IS MEME SHOW RIGHT?
>SHOULD I WATCH THIS MEME
You already know the general consensus regarding the show at hand, yet you pretend to be a retard about everything regarding it?

No donĀ“t watch it, go and watch Bible Black for a good fap instead.

>This picture again
Not even worth a reaction image

okay but tiresome

It looks pretentious

I was 16 three years ago. No one in the anime club liked any of these except GTO. This is coming from someone that saw obscure stuff like Infinfite Stratos and though it was good.

It is objectively good.
Akashi-san is my waifu.

>Not a man worthy of praise
>Screen shows all the bad traits in him
>Pretentious
Are we the dumb generation?

>Infinite Stratos
>obscure

You need to leave this board now.

Oh fuck it, I'll watch it you fags

Don't relate to it as much as when I first watched it, but it's definitely still great.

>Is about college life
>I could relate to it when I was young
>Not anymore now that I am well past that age
The sun will rise again tomorrow.

Don't it's shit.

It's the same episode 10 times over but the MC is at a different club, it's trying to be artsy but in the end it's boring as fucking hell.

If you're to watch I advise watching the first 3, then skipping to episode 10 or so.

I'd rather not watch it if it's just Endless 8 all over again. Looks like I was saved by this user. Thanks.

Kino list tbqh

It's not copy as paste as endless 8 was, but the it's the MC living his college life again in another social environment, which each episode ending in a clock rewind.

Each episode is very familiar to every other, they reuse the same jokes over and over. They have 3-4 side characters which do the same skit but in a different setting.

Honestly I wish I had only watched the first 2 episodes then skipped to the last 2.

>meme show

I like it, and I don't usually like artsy shows. I was able to relate much to MC though, I think that's important.

>meme show
Underage please leave.

Basically Endless 8 then. Funny how Cred Forums hated Endless Eight but liked this show.

>Basically Endless 8 then.
Yes and no. It's more like "What if?" episodes. It's still entertaining.

>It's still entertaining

Wasn't for me.

>What if the MC did this
>What if the MC did this instead of that
>What if the MC did this instead of those
>masterpiece

I liked most of these shows.

ITT: Redditors who only watch shounen can't understand anything

Watch it, it's not even close to as boring as the endless 8. Just get the hell off this thread and try the first episode.

>literally the same thing every episode with minor changes
>masterpiece

>Help I can't understand subtleties within my shows
You literally didn't understand it

the first GitS has no place in this picture. these types usually hate it and privilege (lol) SAC over it because it's not "pretentious" despite loving shit like lain & ergo proxy

and porco? why? because it's the "hipster" miyazaki?

"you're probably just too dumb to understand it"
16 year olds talking shit on the internet

Don't listen to this guy it's shit.

>favorite anime gets exposed
>y-you didn't understand it!
Just stop your pathetic struggle. It's a stupid anime pretending to be intelligent.

>implying
You probably think re:zero is good
Fuck off

>takes good anime and make fun of the fanbase because I'm so different

Just because you were an unbearable elitist fag doesn't mean everyone who likes them were like you.

>being this blasted
When will these underage faggots who like k-on fuck off

reddit loves Tatami Galaxy, you sure you're not reddit?

Don't listen to this guy OP, he's shit!

>being this blasted
When will underage faggots go back to Cred Forums?

This

You're not going to enjoy it as a contrarian who uses a phrases like "meme show". If you're braindead enough to think that your taste should or shouldn't match the general consensus you're better off watching Bible Black.

>t. underage narutard

It looks like OP isn't watching it because I presented better reasons not too.

Watch it and form your own opinion.

Since when did Cred Forums start categorizing taste by what other sites enjoy, by what other people think?

Bible Black was a wild ride that I really enjoyed but I also agree with you senpai

The first half gets repetitive very quickly, there was no reason to waste whole episodes on minor basic variations of the same loop.

>favorite anime is getting criticized
>i see he must be an underage narutard!
You want to know how I know you're underage?

>DONT LISTEN TO THE GUYS THAT SAY WATCH IT

very good reasons indeed

Your life is a fucking meme, dude.

>oh shit somebody is talking about my favorite anime negatively? his life must be a fucking meme!

Holy shit, you're a genius user.

>Help I'm too retarded to understand each episode was framed a certain way to enhance the narrative

Why are you asking me, that tard brought up reddit in the first place.

2-4 years ago when reddit got huge and lots of 4channers also started using reddit. They would go on reddit, hate the system where they get downvoted come on here and call others redditors. Also every time a top comment on reddit is shit, it makes you hate reddit as a hole.

>masterpiece
I never said that.

It's a show with a good sense of humor and a fantastic ending.

It's done in an episodic format, with each episode having the MCs given the same roles in a new setting, but it works well. Watching the protagonist get deeper and deeper into the weird shit going on at his school, and his antics that cause his social status to fall apart every single time, are pretty amusing. It knows when to start mixing up the formula when it gets old around halfway through too.

All the pretentiousness and "you won't get it" claims from both its fans and haters are unfounded. It's extremely straightforward, the only reason I could even see someone calling it artsy is because it has a distinct artstyle and the protagonist talks fast sometimes. Which is ridiculous.

Huh, that's literally what you did.

this is my post

>each episode was framed a certain way to enhance the narrative
Stop

Is this a reasonable non-bait answer to a thread? holy shit

>defining non bait as being positive towards the show

>Haruhifag
And one doesn't need to go on at that point

I understood it fine but it things like the bike collector, who is Watashi in one of the loops and eventually steals the prototype plane, has no effect on the story outside of the loop and was just meta to fill in time.

>Lacking reading comprehension

Repetition is a valid thing in narratives as long as it's not derivative. The repetition works in The Tatami Galaxy's favor.

Read a book nigga. This shit isn't that uncommon.

>uses a haruhi reaction image
>automatically a haruhifag
Damn, I can't even comprehend your thought process.

Sure thing buddy, shouldn't you be in class?

Just because it's a valid doesn't mean it's okay. It's just lazy to be honest.

>Millenials literally cannot respond in an intelligent way

If you've ever been to college or ever been in love it's a good show. But most of you guys are miserable shitbags who've not accomplished anything in life, had never had meaningful human interaction due to nobody loving you, and being a host of mental disorders because you're socially maladjusted fuckbags. So nah, you won't be able to empathize.

Sure user, You should go back to your intelligent computer and rewatch this intelligent anime so you can create more intelligent arguements so you can show off your intelligence.

Bud, I was making fun of you

So basically it's a normalfag show.

Is pretentious the new edgy?

It ain't lazy, they think they're actually making something good and putting the effort in.

They somehow thought the two-dimensional characters which are repeated would allow for each episode to be fresh and entertaining.

Also to the cunts saying it isn't pretentious, it has fancy animation, aimless literary references, crazy symbolism, purposeful yet fucking irritating repetitions.

I've honestly never been disappointed so much by a show, all the fantastic reviews it had just fuelled by disappoint while watching it.

It's cheap, but it's not lazy.

The show is all about the mundane existence of wasting your college days. That you're totally able to make the same mistakes no matter what you do.

Changing hobbies gives Watashi something new but it doesn't change anything about him. It's only until the end where he comes to the realization that changes in social clubs doesn't account for having a life. It all builds up to the last two episodes perfectly. For this, the repetition works. It's called The Tatami GALAXY. Meaning that each episode is a day in the life of his own parallel universe, which are superficially similar but with just a small amount of difference to them. Relying on the same shots and scenarios is an effective cost cutting measure, but this is a far cry from anything lazy.

good job

Its very good.
Hope you can read quickly.

thx

It's one of my favorites but it had more impact on me because i was in college, depressed, at the time. This was 3 years ago?

I love alternative animation artstyles and if you do too you'll appreciate more. I'll also recommend Katanagatari and Trapeze for the same reason.

Its nothing like endless 8 you fucking faggot.
That's like saying Groundhog Day is basically Endless 8.

It's pretentious

But it is.

>already knowing the general consensus of a show but still asking what it is
>meme show
Fuck off user.

I don't see the comparison, Ground hog day is an entertaining film. It doesn't show him doing the same fucking shit each and everyday.

It's a shit show put on a pedestal by dickhead college students who think setting it in college suddenly makes it different and mature

You're twisting words and adding useless fluff in your post there, guy.

What anime do YOU like that's so superior?

It's nothing like endless eight.

non non biyori

Love how no one's refuted this any.

I'd actually like to know why you guys think the plots in each episode are "exactly the same".

It's because they're shitposting.

It's pretty average. Only Reddit, MAL, Yuasafags, normalfags and newfags in general take it as a materpiece.

Can't it be both? I'm pretty sure that when someone says "meme show" it means that the show is commonly talked about, and in the chain people start praising it as a "masterpiece" without knowing why. An example would be NGE, a show that despite being a solid 8/10, is praised as being an 11/10 by MAL. Just watch the show. Even if it isn't an 11/10 and it is super pretentious, it still might be good.

GTO
S U C K S
U
C
K
S

This is essentially it, yeah. But you're dealing with contrarians is the thing. It's a popular show to talk about, honestly my favorite show too, but I can't pretend that it's flawless.

Watch things for yourselves and decide on them, sheeple. Just because we're anonymous now doesn't mean you have to give up your sense of identity to watch anime. Watch what interests you, not what people say to watch or what people say not to watch.

K-On is an artistic triumph.

What a great thread.

>I don't see the comparison, Ground hog day is an entertaining film.
So is Tatami Galaxy
> It doesn't show him doing the same fucking shit each and everyday.
So is Tatami Galaxy.

Thank god we have our resident MAL poster to know what's praised there.

*autistic

ablooo ablooo ablooo

Don't post tumblr gifs.

>I-I'll call him tumblr, that'll show him!
I got these from threads here, I can rename them to tumblr file names if it'll trigger you some more user-kun.

Unless you're a typical autistic meme teenager, you'll find the dialogue, main character and philosophy of the show utterly insufferable.

It's got some good direction. Still, it goes into the same trash can with fedoras imo, as do all people who like it.

This thread is filled with retarded people and that saddens me.

Define "good".

One of my favourite anime, it's genuinely fun, refreshing and the visuals are colorful. It's nice to see something different once in a while, even if idiots think that everything with different visuals and narrative it's just pretentious crap

>shounen is bad

noone said that.

Don't reply, this whole thread is bait

>it didn't advance the le plot

>filler in 11 episode anime is okay

The point of the show isn't to advance any narrative. The themes of the show are felt in the show with immediacy.

>the point is for an annoying character to drone about the same non issue each episode anew
You fans basically boil down to I RECOGNIZE THAT FEEL XD

Yes, resonating with emotions is one of the core appeals of art.

Tatami Galaxy is Probably my favorite anime? I have a lot of favorites but this one has always really stood out among them.

The art and animation direction is extremely weird and amazing, and the character designs are really refreshing and pleasing to the eye.

The ending to this show is probably one of the most satisfying endings to an anime that i've ever seen. It just wraps everything up and ties everything together in such a cool way. It leaves you with a happy warm fuzzy feeling.

OP, just watch it, it's really short, and super worth it.

It was funny at times and told a story in a interesting way. It's a different kind of show and not different in a bad way that it would seem pretentious. I think sometimes people have a hard time seperating the fanbase of a certain show from the show itself so you might read some stupid comments on the show. I guess you could say something bad about the artstyle and animation but that is just a matter of taste.

There's no such thing as a meme show. If a show is liked by a large number of people, there's obviously something to it that attracted them all. This particular show is only 11 episodes long, just watch it in a single quick sitting and form your own opinion instead of asking stupid questions.

Well, it doesn't resonate. He's just the most insufferable pseudo-intellectual shithead.

He isn't a character.

>the le plot
Kill yourself.

Once you get used to the speedlight speeches it gets pretty interesting.

Definitely in my top 10 favorite series ever.

How can you like Tatami but not Haruhi? The things praiseworthy about both of them are exactly the same.

>underage fags
>liking K-on
Pick one.

I only liked planetes and welcome to the NHK out of all those shows.

Tatami Galaxy was entertaining, but It was kind of pointless. The main girl had little development and just left me unsatisfied.

Watch it, but don't expect much.

meme from reddit

What a confusing diagram

So you like shit then. I'm glad to be 16

the most fun thing about this image is that it feels as if someone made it in response to a specific person, probably themselves.