Gintama

One of the best anime of all time.

The best one

>One of the most overrated anime of all time.

FTFY

>literally never mentioned with other big Jump series
>literally never-heard by normies
>seldom mentioned even in comedy threads
try again.

Started watching this for the first time just last month, and it's been great!

What the fuck are you talking about gintama is huge

I thought asians have small penis?

There are some people here go "hate" the series because is "popular" in MAL.

Insecure people.

Continue enjoying the series user

>"huge"
Death Note is huge.
Attack on Titan is huge.
Dragon Ball and Naruto are huge.

You walk up to any casual anime "fan" outside of Nippon, and you'll most likely get greeted with one big "...huh?" if you mention Gintama.

oh god, why is Kagura so cute??

Not for sexual

No buts its huge in japan

Probably more popular than the most of the big name animes that are popular in the west

>half the jokes are juvenile toilet humor
>one of the worst tsukkomi characters ever (Shinpachi)
>moved away from episodic standalone comedy to generic shounen battle arcs
>it gets good episode at 25
>it gets good at episode 40
>it gets good at episode 80

Gintama is a 10/10 on my book until they switched directors.

Last season Gintama is 7/10 at best.

This desu senpai
I actually fell for the it gets better meme, but it never did.

This guy gets it. Gintama' was the peak of the series. Last season was ruined because of the switch in studios. The lower budget was really noticeable.

>We'll never get a fight animated better than pic related

each to its own I guess

It got really good for me after 50 ish and became my favourite once it hit Gintama'

This, it doesn't help the manga sort of go down hill too

This. The Rakuyou Arc was one of the worst serious arcs. The Katsura fight was the only interesting part of that arc. Plus there's been no cooldown comedy arcs to recompense for the excessive number of serious arcs.

sorachi probably just doesn't care anymore

The new director is a huge shit.

I watched Sakamoto and Omatsu since the old director of Gintama went there and its funny where the jokes have a punch on them and reminds me of the old days of Gintama.

The jokes of last seaons Gintama is not funny and lacking any punch if you know what I mean. Also its full of QUALITY I rather have 7/10 looking animation like the old Gintama but consistent 7/10 rather than having garbage 4/10 looking animation but make it 8/10 on important scenes.

This would have been the single greatest scene in Gintama under the old director.

Gintama' brotherhood when lads?

also its BNP now I guess

Where can I get a list of the best episodes (ggl ddn't hlp) ? I've watched 40 episodes and clearly the quality varies a lot.

No as much as I love Gintama its better to finally end the series. I dont want one of my favourite series getting butchered anymore

It's little unfair to compare a team that's worked on the anime for 5 years to a new team which has to start with empty hands. Early Gintama looked pretty goofy too and Gintama' had QUALITY shots from time to time (I blame the shift from 4:3 to widescreen).
Even the first series dwelled hard on dramatic scenes and flashbacks during the serious arcs (Yoshiwara being the first noticable one) and since the manga is proceeding in that direction with the story getting closer to the end, the anime would end up being the same, regardless of studio or director.

go and watch ep 148-149 and 166 no the greatest episodes but you will like them.

it's objectively the best shonen

Tama is best girl
MADAO is second best